Lindybeige

What does Jow Forums think about Lindybeige?

Attached: jh2qrhi4hikz.png (585x663, 765K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qgfBL1hz_zw
youtube.com/watch?v=ZeU9QVh4MI8
youtube.com/watch?v=mjuEJjzon-g
youtu.be/zTd_0FRAwOQ?t=580
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

based bong

Does know
-Ancient history
Does not know
-Anything past 1800 or anything about firearms

Listening to him talk about the bren and 'spandau' was rage inducing.

Opinionated retard that doesn't know how little he knows. Even when I agree with the guy, he always seems like he has a childs understanding of the subject matter or makes statements without crucial context that leaves him to make obvious shakey conclusions.

generally "tank nuts" who are not tankers (or have not worked with them maintenance wise) cause cringe

s p a n d a u

Attached: 1526998016748.png (640x453, 197K)

He has strong yet unfounded opinions on weapons and equipment that he's never held let alone fired or used in a combat situation. So he's exactly like most of Jow Forums.

He knows a bit about history, but his understanding of firearms related subjects is pretty poor

Hated because he is objectively correct on the Bren and its superiority over the Spandau-42.

S P A N D A U

Interesting and usually correct. But he presents a lot of things he read somewhere as if they were his own insights.

youtube.com/watch?v=qgfBL1hz_zw

I find him grating, though his website has some decent /tg/ wargaming stuff on it.

Fun fact: At no point in either of his videos on the Bren v MG42 did he ever claim the Bren is better overall.
He said the MG42 is better for defense, and the Bren is at least as good as the MG42 in attack.

A clueless attention whore.

please

Makes a truly hilarious amount of money by reciting Wikipedia in a baritone voice.

I've liked him ever since I saw his review of Troy and its shit archery. He's entertaining and funny and very British and never drones on to hear himself like Sheepdog McStrokemouth does. So... yeah. He's okay.

retarded dumbfuck in over his head

He's alright but I greatly prefer scholagladiatoria and skallagrim.

He's an insufferable cunt and I hate him.

Brit who wings it so hard on certain subjects that it's almost fucking hilarious to listen to. His defense of the bren in relation to the "Spandau" is still one of the funniest thing's Ive heard. Chieftan or any of the Royal Tank Museum's guys are better than him for military history.

I like him as a person. Seems like a modern English gentleman. And I like that he explains logically why something is or is not right or wrong rather than just making assertions and trusting the audience to take it on authority. His video about fire arrows is a great example of it.

Attached: 1535043867224.jpg (736x990, 141K)

He's pretty good on most subjects other than guns, but I don't blame him there since guns are essentially a myth in the UK

He looks like a bitch

This.

He's a wealth of knowledge about medieval tech and military practices. However when he gets to firearms, it's very basic. It's like he's catering to a small yuropoor demographic that has never served in the military.

He basically just reads about something and talks about it as it he's more educated on it than he is. This is immediately noticeable when he touches on a subject you're kinda familiar with and he just bounces all over and makes stuff up.
this is the same guy who can't grasp modern weapon safety and has an innacurate larpy suit of armor that he paid way too much money for because its cool but then it's not.

He's a great story teller and an interesting guy though and I like him being him. I like that he did get his suit of armor and grew up unironically larping and making his own kit. But he's just a storyteller and larper. Good for fun bad for fact

all he does is pull stuff out of hiss ass

According to him 11 million Jews were gassed in the lolacaust. After that I unsubscribed.

It's common knowledge that Zyklon-B was a delousing agent, not dangerous to humans. It's not the German's fault that most of the lice were Jewish.

>dude literally larps.
That's all I gotta say, I haven't watched his stuff in ages so it might have improved. But from what I had seen he was a larping nerd who talks out of his ass. He's not a bad person or anything but if you wanted to learn about shit like say: swords, there's so many better jewtubers out there. Even better larpers really, that Metatron spaghetti nigger is a disgusting hardcore larper of the highest order but he brings a lot of presentation and thought into his videos.

Attached: 49620270a33baa890279894ce78f1b7725174928_00.gif (300x168, 1.22M)

We wouldn't want all these communist agitators getting typhus

Attached: Lindybeige delet.gif (288x350, 1.41M)

/tg/ here, this is not true, Lindy is completely fucking ignorant when it comes to medieval tech as well, he straight up believes that no one actually used swords, and that they might as well not exist, due to how powerful the spear was. He is an anglophile, and shits on anything French, Italian, Spanish, and German, despite their major contributions to advancing even the fucking mismatched armor he wears.

Skullagrim is better. He's autistic enough to actually research the history behind what he is talking about and does brutal testing against armor/swords/guns/bows.

>fat boomer cuck who lives in canada and larps with his boomer roastie
I mean it could be worse I guess

He was fat as fuck, but he's been in relative good shape from Hema the last few years. I really do hate his dike girlfriend, but Skal himself is alright. He makes a lot of videos on how retarded canadian weapon laws are and how to get around them

Didn’t he go on about how stripper clips were better than magazines or some shit ?

extremely autistic about shirts but entertaining
never watched his gun vids though, only medieval shit

If this is true then he is a fairly charismatic know-nothing.

I should watch one of his shows one of these days so I can appreciate if he is well and truly retarded or not. I know from vaguely watching one he sprouted bullshit about the overhand/underhand of spears and basically suggested it was equivalent to our Hollywood depictions of warfare. Which is an incredibly ignorant presumption of cultural mores. At best I can see it being an emulation of how fighting was in the past during the Chigi Vase era when they did in fact use a throwing spear in addition to a thrusting one.

Storm of Spears did an excellent job of a very clinical and scientific take on the issue with some experimental archaeology.

Everything else I hear secondhand but it doesn't seem like very good stuff. Broken clock right twice a day sort of thing

>What does Jow Forums think about Lindybeige?

He's knows his audience. He doesn't have to be right, or know what he's on about. He knows he has to get some stuff right to stay relevant, but he gets something wrong and suddenly there will be thousands of autists watching his videos and earning him money.

Also, why do you think threads like this start?

And he was right when talking about WW1 bolt action rifles.

He does know things about Ancient History but the further he strays from that the dumber he sounds to anyone with a decent knowledge.
God forbid the man ever speaks about the interwar period or I will open fire.

Attached: 1544734523508.jpg (1102x1200, 176K)

That is precisely the opposite of what he said. He said 11 million people were killed and that millions of them were NOT Jews, and this fact gets pushed to the side to make it all about the Jews.

So what's the X-axis representing, the usual left-wing right-wing spectrum?

Nothing because his titles are so clickb8ty you can make the argument that they are left and right wing at the same time, and definitely on the spectrum.

He's pretty disgusting imo

What did he say?

>/tg/ here, this is not true, Lindy is completely fucking ignorant when it comes to medieval tech as well, he straight up believes that no one actually used swords, and that they might as well not exist, due to how powerful the spear was.
[citation needed]
pretty sure he just said that in a line formation you're better off using a spear than a sword.

>"knows ancient history"
>still says well documented shit with firsthand accounts, firsthand illustrations and surviving artifacts never happened
He's a know-it-all who applies his personal logic and assumes anything outside that logic simply didn't occur.

>Does know
>-Ancient history
This is a lie.

Is expertise is in two and only two areas:
i) SCA tier LARPing with a Bronze Age theme
ii) Lindyhop Dance

thanks to modern social media/YT, his persona gives you a quick and dirty insight of the genesis of lagacy media and how they came to dominate. he knows nothing about the things he talks about yet he still manages to amass a huge following and to live off of their stupidity. another example of this would be Sargon. it's entertaining to watch and in the 90s you could have speculated about these mechanisms. in 2018 you do not have to speculate, you can watch it in real time as it happens.

Totally wrong or lying, watch it again.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZeU9QVh4MI8

He doesn't contest that having a swappable magazine with 10 rounds (with an SMLE for instance) is faster and more convenient in combat than two 5-round clips that you have to reload.
His case was that stripper clips saved space, weight, and were far more efficient from an economic standpoint for a military with stretched resources to outfit their troops with.
Here's the video - youtube.com/watch?v=mjuEJjzon-g

Attached: 1479145782359.jpg (490x746, 56K)

>quick and dirty insight of the genesis of lagacy media and how they came to dominate.
You said it right there. Pre-internet the news and major distribution was the truth and anything excluded wouldn't even enter the public mind. List all of the firearm faux pas in modern history that we call "fuddlore" and it is all legacy disinformation from media "experts" that was projected into the zeitgeist. With the internet any voice might be heard, no matter how stupid or how profound.

reminder that Lindybeige claims:

>no one used swords, axes
>no one used horses
>no one used throwing knives
>no one used double strap arm shields
>no one used scythes
>no one used mail coifs
>no one used torches
>Pikemen didn't fight each other
>no one spoke French during the French revolution
>no one spoke Latin during the Roman Republic
>battle of Zama didn't happen
>Romans carried one pilum
>Vikings weren't real
>berserkers weren't real
>climate change isn't real
>stagnant social mobility isn't real
>castles were defended by three soldiers
>butted mail is better than riveted mail
>operation market garden was a success
>Napoleon was literally Hitler
>The Churchill was the best tank in WWII
>The English won the Hundreds Years' War
>British naval guns on Malta could launch projectiles into space

>His case was that stripper clips saved space, weight, and were far more efficient from an economic standpoint for a military with stretched resources to outfit their troops with.
You're really only saying that: "Lee-Enfields with stripper clips is what the UK has, and they work okay, so lets keep using it." Meanwhile the USA went into WW2 with semiautomatic M1 Garand, M1 Carbine and the less than stellar BAR. That said the BAR was a portable one-man machine gun which allows for a completely different usage from the traditional tripod and ammo belt machinegun role.

>another example of this would be Sargon
Impossible. He speaks authoritatively with a british accent, so he must be well informed.

>2/23 correct
Lindy must be improving.

Swords are vastly overblown in current pop culture concerning history

There's a pretty wide gradient between "swords were divine superweapons that can cut tanks in half" and "literally no one in history has ever used a sword in anger"

>semiautomatic M1 Garand
Which reloaded from enblocs, which are essentially clips rather than detachable magazines. Watch the video.
>M1 Carbine and the less than stellar BAR
Which are not the guns that the video was about. He was talking exclusively about the primary rifles of each side in early-twentieth century conflicts.

Prove every one of these. I've seen several Lindy videos talking about these and he did not claim what you said he does in those.

He literally said that the Bren was TOO accurate. So much so that troops intentionally damaged the barrel to increase dispersion.

Do people on here just dislike him because he isn't full blown Jow Forums? I've watched some of his videos and the info in them seems to make sense/be valid, fire arrows & clips for instance.

Fire arrows are legit and historical. Especially siege and naval. And while not as lethal as a standard arrow they are disruptive to troops.

You're telling me an ancient commander who had fire arrows for burning a building never used them against a formation of troops even with written accounts that they did?

no, I don't particularly like him because he's a britbong who talks about guns as if he's actually had experience with anything other than a hunting rifle or a revolver.

That magazines at the time were very bulky, heavy and expensive. When you are fielding an army over a million strong you want cheap and light since it allows them to carry more ammunition and supplies.

>the info in them seems to make sense/be valid
Unless you know literally anything about the subject on which is is speculating.

He's the Dan Brown of Youtube.

>Especially siege and naval
He literally said that they made sense as siege or naval weapon.
youtu.be/zTd_0FRAwOQ?t=580
(skip to 9:40)

Is that gun the one they call a spandau?

Attached: 58.jpg (418x299, 13K)

Guy purposely treads into speculative territory he has no authority and little knowledge in to get more views and stay relevant, if he stuck to what he knew and was sure of the channel would be no different than any other medieval text book.

Attached: 1545957824957.jpg (460x645, 45K)

If he stuck to what he knew, he would never touch the medieval period at all

Attached: th (2).jpg (474x547, 30K)

Hate how his fanboys keep desperately trying to force that meme.

I've not even watched the video, but iirc fire arrows need a lot of setup; you need fires going throughout the formation to light off of and you need specially prepared arrows. You also can't draw as much with them as a full power shot would usually put them out. Unless you have it all ready to go right there and then there's literally no reason to go through the added faff.

Fire arrows are used a lot in movies as it's impressive on screen and lets you actually see the size of the volley better, but I'd wager irl they weren't used nearly as often as you think.

>[citation needed]
Yeah, Lloyd totally needs those.

wtf I love Lindy now

He always looks like he slept on the couch in his clothes and just woke up

Not saying it was used, but a rock wrapped in tar soaked cloth and lit on fire should have worked pretty well if launched by a common sling.

boring

>Implying that isn't exactly the case

Attached: 1546275308977.jpg (1024x943, 103K)

I'm puzzled why he has opted for the 24/7 appearance of a vagrant.

Faggot who talks smart about shit he doesn't know anything about.

And hes a furry so Jow Forums should love him.

He's a meme. Good bants, but everything he says should be taken with a huge fucking grain of salt.
He's pretty based, probably some kind of schizo, still uses CRT monitors. Knows cool shit about medieval and ancient history, although he probably isn't qualified for talking about it (like all fucking youtubers ever)

proofs?

Not him but can attest. He has cringe bear fursona drawings on deviant art iirc. Can't go nab atm but yes he's a typical Canadian it's not surprising

>appearance of a vagrant.
The ones who shave and cut their hair are the peasants, royalty have full facial hair

Anyone who dislikes Lindybeige is a butthurt frog.

Attached: 1514898845254.png (2518x1024, 277K)

I like the chieftain better

The videos with them were great. An actual knowledgeable guy and a tank fuddlore equivalent guy standing by his words and just making up stuff on the spot that sounds good.
however that's how I learned about the chieftain so I'm happy

Disgusting bong who assumes anything from his sad little dreary cuck island is the best and works backwards to form a mental gymnastic routine to prove british "superiority".

i also like TIK history

Bitch Lasagna

What

> What does Jow Forums think about Lindybeige?

54%
fift four percent!
FIFTY FOUR PERCENT!!!!!!!!

LMAO!

Attached: 1542135575768.jpg (3840x2160, 328K)

>What does Jow Forums think about Lindybeige?
valor thief.

Attached: 1546135635637.jpg (1815x1915, 259K)

>test thinks scandinavian and germanic are not the same thing

Attached: 0000.jpg (159x199, 9K)

they're not. different haplotypes.