Do any of you actually think that an ak is in anyway better than an ar a $500 ar15 can out preform almost any ak in...

do any of you actually think that an ak is in anyway better than an ar a $500 ar15 can out preform almost any ak in almost every situation and the more reliable argument is bullshit and if you make it than you clearly have never had to use your rifle in any non perfect situation.

Attached: 83212CC4-ECEC-4567-B1A1-4E6B1A60F218.gif (800x450, 224K)

Both rifles are extremely reliable and can get the job done.
The ak(specifically in 7.62x39) is excellent for 1-400m
The ar(specifically 5.56x45) is excellent for 2-600m
They each serve different roles so please stop making threads.

AR's don't really require as much maintenance as AK's do, but other than that no.

granted, the reason why AK's are popular anywhere is that they are simple rifles that work very well and don't require much care. AR's are also very rugged and last tens of thousands of rounds as long as they aren't some shitty build, but they do need some cleaning and some maintenance to keep the mechanics okay. also since AK's are cheaper in most parts of the world it's a no brainer that it would be a go-to for a lot of militaries.

in the US though I think people just like AK's because they're neat. AR 15's are great guns that work well, but they just feel lifeless to a lot of shooters (myself included).

They serve the same role this just proves you are uneducated on major military’s use of weapons

You are right but that wasn’t my argument given the option any semi intelligent person would choose an ar platform in any real world military use

Look on my works, ye mighty and despair!

Attached: 1018181858.jpg (2560x1280, 1.3M)

They serve the same role because they're intermediate round rifles... In modern fighting not so much.
Sick opinion though. Really proved the point you barely made. Whatever it was.
>uneducated on major military’s use of weapons
Rifles don't win wars.

AKs are more fun to shoot.

It's not an apples to apples comparison OP. The AK-47 is a carbine that delivers a larger bullet with less precision while having the advantages of durability and reliability. The AR-15 is designed to be effective at a longer range and have various forms of optics attached. At short to medium range the AK-47 takes the cake, but at ranges greater than 200 meters, the AR-15 will be more precise especially if optics are utilized.

Just get whatever is cheapest and good quality at the time and don’t buy into boomer snobbery that think price always equates to quality.
>ak cheap, ar expensive
Hah look at that poor fag never catch me with one of those shitty junk. This here ar is classy and expensive
>ar cheap, ak expensive
Hah look at that poor fag never catch me with one of those shitty junk. This here ak is classy and expensive

I live very close to the arctic circle. The AK is the cold weather champ. It just beasts through seizing cold. You can also more easily stomp charge it than an AR

Nice hunks of plastic airshit.

How do you even unfuck a frozen AR? Anyone ever had any luck mortaring one?

>His gun seizes in the cold

Attached: 1530543754730.png (625x773, 111K)

Pop out the retaining pins, split the lower and upper and pull the whole BCG to un stick and then put it back together. That would be my best guess. Anybody have a better solution.?

>Inbred southerner who's never even seen snow talks about things he has no knowledge of
Why don't you go make a Confederacy thread or something, friend.

Piss on it.

Don’t get me wrong I like ak,s but If you have the option between the ak and the ar then the ar is the better choice for military use unless you live in fuck off cold like one user here then an ak might work better but am a desert fag so I wouldn’t know personally

Why don't you learn how to take care of your poor guns

Please explain what you mean by taking care of in this context.

>Lives in Arizona.
Get killed chechaquo, You dont know what you're talking about. Guns don't seize just from frozen condensation.

>basic issue infantry fighting weapon, in an intermediate cartridge
vs
>basic issue infantry fighting weapon, in an intermediate cartridge

Totally different roles.

>learn how to take care of your poor guns
We run tings. Tings nuh run we.
My guns get enough treatment to function. They're tools.

>The AK-47 is a carbine
????
the only AK carbines are AKS-74U, AK-104 and AK-105
>that delivers a larger bullet
from AK carbines only AK-104 is chambered in 7.62x39

>AR's don't really require as much maintenance as AK's do

this thread is epic just letting you guys know!!!

Attached: 1512510731275.png (800x750, 68K)

who fucking cares, as long as the weapon has the intended effect on the intended target it doesn't matter.

this