Why isn't Caetano v Mass a bigger court case? The ruling effectively invalidates every gun law in existance

Why isn't Caetano v Mass a bigger court case? The ruling effectively invalidates every gun law in existance.
"the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding"
How does the ATF get away regulating FA, SBR/Ss, DDs with a massive precedent like this? Most of all, why hasn't anyone gone to court and challenged the ATF's rulings with this yet?

Attached: 1545926860908.jpg (1688x2250, 501K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caetano_v._Massachusetts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caetano_v._Massachusetts
for those too lazy to find it themselves

You have to be specifically charged under the federal statutes that make up the NFA and quote Caetano v Mass. in your defense. If you won, the NFA would be declared unconstitutional in whatever court you won in and the government would appeal that to the SCotUS.

Alternatively, ypu can get a Form 4 rejected and sue the ATF with the case as legal grounds, but Holder got out of that by claiming no material damage was suffered by Hollis.

Yeah, and no one wants to be the case law for violating the NFA and potentially get ten years with Jamal and Jose.

>be me
>neet
>dream about not having to pay rent/mortgage
>3 hot and a cot sounds comfy
>have a few idea to intentionally get nailed
>fight it and win big
>or lose it and get taken care of, courtesy of the tax payers

Keep the news on.

Because the ruling itself was specific to stun guns. It's good to cite in future cases, but effectively the Court just restated what they said in Heller and McDonald but to stun guns.

If you actually do it, God speed to you.

Attached: 1541225182253m.jpg (1013x1024, 101K)

The language seems vague enough the right lawyer could push it through.

Attached: 20190104_082818.jpg (1016x932, 449K)

I hate law

Godspeed you leech

do it user

Attached: hehe.png (360x594, 250K)

And then, based on recent cases, the Supreme Court would deny cert and whatever the lower court ruled (not in your favor, probably) would stand.

My thoughts exactly.

If you actually do it, post pics and stories

God speed, our NEET martyr

>2019
>thinking the SCOTUS will take gun cases or save gun rights

>fight it and win big
Can't do this on a NEET budget.

Because they still upheld Heller's "Dangerous and Unusual" exception but rejected the way Massachusetts interpreted it.

No, the Supreme Court did not negate the NFA in this case.

That's what advocacy groups are for.

Mass resident here (boston) pls just end me already this state is pure misery. At least the detective called me up to tell me why I wasn’t getting an unrestricted license...AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Wtf is an unrestricted loicense?

Their term for a license to carry (concealed). The alternative is a restricted license, which allows you to own firearms (subject to their AWB/approved firearms roster) but only use them in a manner consistent with the restrictions (hunting, target, employment) ie you can’t concealed carry. You cannot posess firearms without a license of some sort. This is after a shooting range test, interview with the police, and a background check/fingerprint scan, mental health check, letters of reference, etc.

Be the martyr we need but do not deserve

>shoot gun
>gun jams
>gun explodes, killing you and kat

Sounds like you would have standing to sue if you had the money.

Godspeed, lad. You'll get mail from me

Do it. Contact the GOA to help with legal stuff.

Attached: 1522171011412.png (1017x1017, 1.13M)

There’s a case that’s been appealed right now waiting for the Supreme Court to pick it up or not (Gould v. Morgan 2018) that’s my exact scenario. If the current court passes on it and RBG dies and is replaced with a conservative I’ll consider a lawsuit but right now no point since a case is up.

Godspeed to the neet going for the gold though

>You cannot posess firearms without a license of some sort.
How is this allowed? It's in blatant violation of the 2nd amendment, even more than usual.

Good luck you magnificent bastard

Attached: animals.jpg (927x1152, 200K)

Fuck that noise. Get out of there bro. Don't get cucked.

Peace be with you user

Attached: RussianWithButterfly.jpg (917x845, 150K)

Take my energy based NEET

Attached: 1480204983055.jpg (499x499, 33K)

So... the reason was??? Oh wait I don't care and get a lawyer and sue already.

At least tell us what area to watch the news in you magnificent faggot

fucking how
I didn't realize the Constitution was burned already

Lets see what happens after Trump replaces RBG.

Jeezly fuck, I live in California and I thought we had it bad.

If you actually go through with this goodluck my dude

Do you not realize that laws, rights and the Constitution are just pieces of paper? They only mean anything when they are enforced?
You think the government is going to enforce things they don't want just because a court says so?

Attached: jackson_scotus_quote.jpg (960x720, 74K)

*aren't enforced

You're doing God's work user

Godspeed, based NEET poster

That's literally worse then Norway.
We have no fingerprint scan, mental health check, letters of reference and no interview with the police.

Lmao... the day a eurocuck is less cucked than a masshole. Good shit.

None of that in the great state of Indiana either my friend. The Norway/Indiana alliance grows stronger daily.

Lawyer here. Just read this case. This does not mean what you think it means. To state it generally, prima facie kinda means "preliminary." Its what you need to get in the door instead of having your case dismissed outright. From there, you do the rest of the fact analysis.

This case only says that stun guns are a bearable arm protected by the 2a, and the Massachusetts judiciary is bum fucking retarded and woefully misconstrued SCOTUS precedent. That's it. Miller and Heller still control.

However, this is a good example of how the reasoning of Miller and Heller will be applied. It appears the scope of constitutional protection will need to be tried on a weapon-by-weapon basis.

If someone feels like taking a shot in the 9th circuit on AR15s, I'll back you up. Fair warning though, you will lose in this circuit and if SCOTUS denies cert you are thoroughly fucked.

Not on my watch, Norway belongs to Oklahoma.

This is my destiny

Attached: 5446B2E4-2820-4C61-ACED-FD7DACFF40CD.jpg (653x490, 95K)

we neet uprising now

Attached: 1542419691384.jpg (790x767, 157K)

How lame is it that we know someone's going to lose a case in a certain venue even though they might be right on the law itself? The judiciary is becoming the most failed branch of government. :|

You know what to do user

Attached: 33B7D54A-67D2-42FA-A2CA-AA315A455AD7.jpg (628x688, 43K)

Ill throw in a conjugal visit if it doesn't work out sempai.

>Fair warning though, you will lose in this circuit

For now. Trump has filled 2 vacancies on that court, iirc there’s another 4 or 5 vacancies remaining. That’s something he’s doing that’s remained completely off the radar- filling lower court vacancies. Something like 53, all told. The judicial landscape is quietly changing in ways that won’t really become apparent until the next time the Dems hold the legislative and executive branches. I suspect they’re in for a lot of disappointment.

this neet uprising is seriously not letting me down.
first we throw thots to the IRS next we abolish the ATF.