Glasses thread

What's the Jow Forums approved method of vision correction? Glasses? Laser eye surgery? How would a blindfag fare during a shtf situation? Should they stock up on cheap glasses?

Attached: McLovin_superbad.jpg (300x450, 19K)

>PRK
Only way to go brosef. Lasik creates a flap that never truly heals. Sure it's like almost impossible to dislodge, but why risk it?

>inb4 viningposting

BCGs

>Laser eye surgery
Yes

Attached: laser.jpg (563x497, 51K)

KYS to eliminate your weak vision genes from the pool and hope to be reincarnated with eagle eyes

Prescription Goggles

>Implying half of Jow Forums doesn't have lenses as thick as tuna cans
Actually no you're right

Mine are about as thick as the solid part at the bottom of an old coke bottle, does that count?

Just a FYI for everyone, I got PRK(another form of Lasik) and my brother got regular Lasik. Different optometrists who are considered some of the best in the country as they have a list of professional athletes they worked on who they brag about.

It's been about 4-5 years and our night vision is total shit and bright lights such as driving at night are still obnoxious.

I'm in the middle of the road whether it was worth it or not.

as you age, you'll still need glasses, and im not sure they have a decent way to correct vision after rk yet

Lenses are a pita even when camping or getting up in the middle of the night imo.
Glasses works, but laser eye surgery would be my choice.

This, and the 3-4k $ cost is the reason i haven't done it (yet).

This.
I still wear mine.

Bifocals did exist in colonial times. So I would say to either trade with a glassmaker and attach a band to the back, or learn to use and enhance your other senses as a backup.

I take mine out once a week to clean and then pop them back in. It's nice being able to see when you wake up.

Attached: AIR_OPTIX_NIGHTANDDAY_AQUA_Box.png (427x271, 121K)

I have 20/20 vision but I never understood when boomers and blindfags say shit like "hurr durr I can't see irons, I switched to scopes and red dots and I can finally shoot", granted scopes and red dots are easier to see no doubt, but can't one just... You know... Wear their glasses? Why are people so against wearing their glasses? Girlfriend, and best friend both refuse to wear their glasses. I can't get an explanation from them either.

Absolutely counts and apparently you should kill yourself for the genetic wellbeing of future generations according to that user

Short sighted astigmatic user here. I wear my glasses every waking second but they are a hindrance in a few ways. Glare from sun is even worse with them, even with anti-glare coating. They get wet and dirty and fingerprints easily, and then you are seeing the world through a dirty window. Clean them with the wrong cloth and they are permanently ruined. Glasses prevent earmuff-style hearing protection from fully resting against your head, and take away a bit of the effectiveness (glasses owners need to wear both kinds of ear pro if they want to retain hearing). Sometimes resting your cheek on the stock can tilt them slightly and you need to fix it before looking down the scope. I have also had hot brass get stuck on top of my glasses against my forehead.

The good news: you are already wearing a meh pair of eye protection at all times of day, always. My glasses have prevented eye damage numerous times, even though they don't have full coverage like real safety glasses. Better than nothing.

Attached: 2018-11-09 11.17.06.jpg (1281x1311, 885K)

See
He gets it

laser surgery is your best bet desu

I've had glasses since third grade and I honestly don't get people who don't wear glasses when they clearly need them. I have a couple of coworkers right now that complain they can't see anything whenever we're in a large auditorium and not sitting right in the front. Just get a pair of fucking glasses you idiots, they're such a QoL improvement. And if you're too vain to wear glasses contacts see always a possibility.

Never had any problems with irons either.

Accountant core

Attached: 13D9F09F-9D92-4258-9126-D71BA09DF2AA.jpg (600x315, 31K)

>half of thread says kys to eliminate bad eye genres
>implying we're not all myopic from being ronery shut-ins

I was -7 in each eye user and got prk, cost about 6k total for a very good doctor. The process is extremely painful.If you don't do exactly what the doctor tells you to do post surgery you are in a world of hurt. The first week its extremely hard to see, the first month you see better but light hurts a lot, at month 3 your vision should begin to clear up to near perfection, at month 6 your eyes should be fully healed but I highly recommend getting a nice pair of sunglasses and those glasses you use for the computer and wear that until you hit a year. It's worth it user, scopes and red dots hell even irons are so much more easier to use. You won't be a fucked up mutant user, drop the coin and fix yourself.

atumalaka

I've had glasses since 5th grade, lost a few pairs due to being drunk as shit and fights. I would say glasses with a retard strap.

Attached: retard strap.jpg (600x600, 27K)

>already have protection on
Best part about glasses, fucking great when you're lead nav bush bashing, especially at night. Also dont VR yelled at for not having ballistic eyewear on.

glasses. initial cost is only cost, plus easiest upkeep.

I don't think I would be able to hold still during the procedure, not to mention flipping out.

I wonder if you can be sedated/put to sleep for this procedure.

>this thread

Attached: 0b4vvpq4f6d01.jpg (960x492, 56K)

Attached: DO YOU EVEN PERKELE.jpg (467x640, 57K)

I have 3 pairs of glasses, a pair of rx sunglasses, rx insets for shooting glasses, and a pair of rx shooting glasses (work even pays for part of it since it's considered "saftey"). Also contacts, but I hate wearing them.

I'm pretty sure I'm fucked if I can't get new glasses, at least in terms of shooting. I'm fine as long as I don't have to recognize a face that's more than two feet away.

>this post
big yikes

Attached: 317E37A4-B436-4A59-B6A1-2A0CC5B720C3.png (520x846, 771K)

What happened to the right side of that guy's face?

Seriously dude, hold off

Besides the problems with LASIK there's some seriously scary in how sci-fi they are new surgeries on the horizon that just need a few more years

One of them is SMILE which I recommend to anybody who's had because its far less damaging and obtrusive than LASIK and can correct the damage.

That being said, you still need to go back and have it redone every couple of years but on the flip side, within 2 weeks you're at 20/20

There's a few new surgeries I can't remember the name of, though, that do aim to permanently shape the cornea thanks to both surgery and Gene editing or some shit like that which has got maybe eight, maybe 10 years but it's more than just a proof of concept I hear

Don't bother. Lasek will last for barely under a decade (4 buddies in highschool got them, went back to their lady killer bifocals in a matter of 5-7 years) and then you'll need to go back to glasses. Unless you can manage to renew your lasek every decade it's really not worth it. That is unless you find a way to reverse the aging process of your eyes.

Just by the looks of it, mouth cancer from dat chewin tabbaci

@40189488

Attached: 1485890488986.webm (640x640, 783K)

that's Simo Hayha, the side of his face got blown up by an explosive bullet or shrapnel.

>Polish sniper
>parts of his lower face blasted off

As i said, chewin tabacci

*Finnish

those trips are wasted on an idiot like you

Attached: 1545879172503.jpg (536x720, 62K)

It's because i pray harder to the trip-gods than you.

are there goggles that can have vision prescription lenses?

It's conscious sedation. You won't likely care what's happening and may not really remember.

google the words you just typed out.
prescription goggles.

Contact lenses so you dont have to fuck around trying to get goggles to fit over standard glasses, and then prescription safety glasses for SHTF.

Scared to death of an intruder at night because my eyes are shit I don't have glasses, just contacts.
WHELP

mutt #40189815
the absolute state of this seething lad

Attached: 54BF9B1F-5B5F-4B0F-AD7A-7C2A262F66FB.jpg (977x1125, 87K)

I'm pretty sure that have prescription swimming goggles, i'd imagine biker goggles would be more expensive but they're possible.

You're probably better off getting a pair of walmart goggles that have the same lens size as a pair of your prescription glasses. Pop the old lens out and affix your glass lenses into the goggles themselves.

I'd go for the swimming goggles though, they're nice.

Attached: Screenshot(13).png (272x216, 173K)

Rimless is the way to go.

Attached: EA75804C-115F-482F-A42B-0EBBFC981683.jpg (684x570, 91K)

Or clear acetate. Chunky plastic frames get in the way of your peripheral vision.

Attached: 16BDFC83-2BB0-4082-A68A-5F0BFEDC4EA0.jpg (470x658, 244K)

how do you not have a pair of back ups? You can get a shit ass pairs that still works for like 10-20 bucks online at places like zenni.

or get some big ol lenses and your can have a durable frame

Attached: tumblr_o4th56CdGc1r0tp4ho1_540.jpg (475x775, 136K)

this is a PSA for all glassesfags that actually shoot guns:

Buy noisefighters earpads. They let you use electronic earpro without discomfort or breaking the seal around your head. Best purchase I've made in a long time. they're around $30 and are premium gel type.

Attached: noisefighters.png (1386x494, 746K)

if you have a very minor prescription is it better just go without altogether?

No. Just find a pair that fits your face or get contacts.

Attached: 0317C0F0-380B-4C1C-B7A8-5E981ECA3C97.jpg (600x600, 59K)

If you end up getting them, make sure you get anti-glare. It is not a meme and it is well worth the investment.

Attached: B6DD047F-A87D-4F96-8BEA-B024872BE15F.jpg (491x756, 134K)

Visibility is everything. It's the difference of identifying friend or foe.

Two years into my lasik, only issue I notice is that when I'm tired at night the bright lights bloom a bit more than I remember they did with contacts. Very very slight though and compared to dealing with glasses or the downsides of contacts like dry eyes, needing to blink every so often, and discomfort when looking far to the side I'm much happier with the after results.

Pain was really bad the first day though, but the actual surgery was easy and I was driving the next day.

>tfw 1-1.5 diopter nearsighted

So close to not needing glasses at all.

i've heard too many horror stories about lasik/prk, I was talking to my ophthalmologist about it and he said "bad idea", and asked me why i thought he and all his peers still wear glasses? I'll suffer through corrective lenses until a better corrective procedure comes along

It's a horror story in terms of finances (unless you go for a cheap ass doctor). You need to be rich to manage multiple lasik operations to keep a high def visual clarity.

I'm about 4 years into my PRK surgery and nothing bad yet. Like the other user when i get extremely sleepy i do see a little bit of halo around lights. It's worth it, lose your glasses in a fight and thats it unless you have a back up.

I've been thinking the same thing. I might get lasik once maybe in my late 30s or so when my glasses get coke bottle tiers of thickness just to "reset" my vision, but I don't see it being something I keep up with every 10 years.

I've been thinking, that's more of a yes-and-no situation. Yes, you can't see as well. But no, you're not necessarily screwed. Depending on eyesight and context, you may not really need them. Additionally, grenades and full auto are things. Not particularly accurate, but they can make up for poor vision to an extent.

Attached: Happy Mike.jpg (600x739, 123K)

holy phucking phuck imaging being so genetically inferior to where youde dependent on phucking glasses for ur survival
just phucking wowzerz!

Attached: 1390082149151.jpg (432x352, 19K)

is it a IV or a mask?

That’s the white death, he’s responsible for over 500 commie deaths (and that’s a lowball number) he sniped with only iron sights, his face was disfigured after he got hit with an explosive bullet

>@

Attached: 833F1090-AAEF-4311-95B1-A7CB899346C6.jpg (493x449, 43K)

>>>

Attached: 1400650131088.png (372x351, 117K)

Got this before deployment and it was a godsend

Probably be a high-ish dose of Xanax and some painkiller. Pills, when they did my friends. Had some for when he was at home also.

At work conscious sedation is IV, but we're not working on your eyes so that's different.

if you’re feeling this uppity over eyewear (something even your precious fuhrer used) then you’re grasping for meme proportions of stature
post pics with timestamp

>The process is extremely painful.
for you

Glasses weren't that big of an issue even when I was in the infantry, I could manage with them and I never lost a set. I have astigmatism and it corrects to better than 20/20 with glasses. I don't think the risk and expense of some kind of surgery is worth it, mostly I'm concerned it would leave me with worse vision than what inconvenient glasses do.

Maybe in 20-30 years when it's more advanced than it is now, or when they can grow replacement eyeballs. Or become a cyborg or some shit with mechanical eyes. Actually fuck that there would probably be gubmint micochips in them giving a live feed of everything I see right to the state's monitors.

Attached: TheWrongNeighbourhood .jpg (900x506, 90K)

cyborg

I always get thin wire framed glasses and bend the 'arms' so they lay right next to my head. Makes almost no difference to the seal of my hearing protection (gel cups are great but I still wear buds underneat).

I’m fine with the glasses until cyborg eyes become a thing or more advanced treatments become available, but for the moment if you really want to do it PRK is safer than LASIK for the long term. LASIK makes a flap that’ll cause issues sometime further down the road. Personally though it isn’t worth it since your eyes are going to get at least somewhat fucky with age regardless and either of them would just make things worse at that point, but that is just me. But if they’re good for Vining then they’re good for your tendie eating fat ass as well.
Aside from retards trying to act tough there can be some glare issues depending on the lens, but from what I’ve seen they didn’t really put much thought into getting good lens anyway.

24 years of glasses, zero peripheral vision even with them off because of it

As said with properly fitting glasses losing them isn't really something that you have to worry about. I'd be more concerned about my face still being intact if something were to destroy/blow off my glasses while wearing them.

Obviously if you're worried about shtf situation then having a few cheap extra pairs might be a good idea.

>@

Attached: 1369106730844.jpg (384x480, 77K)

desu the glasses the Army gave me aren't bad looking, I kinda like them. Plus I can get new frames every year if I want, so that's neat.

No, seeing shit far away and getting clear red dots is 100% worth it.

>should I stock up on cheap glasses?
>tfw legally blind, cant just pick some up at Walgreens
Life sucks, friends

Attached: IMG_20181206_115022.jpg (1242x1221, 133K)

My night vision is pretty good, but I know what you mean with bright lights and glare. Still, I'm not sure how much of that is because of the surgery vs not constantly wearing glasses with anti-glare coatings on them.

If you have an astigmatism, glasses won't fix red dots bro ;(

Attached: the absolute state of my life.jpg (124x125, 16K)

Attached: 1546457943894s.jpg (250x234, 4K)

So has anyone tried nvgs with glasses? I worry I'd get glare if I did.

yes they do, provided the prescription is meant to correct astigmatism.

Nope, I had a pair. There held together with fishing line type of material. They break kinda easy

Just buy back up contacts and glasses. I wouldn't want to risk having dry eyes for the rest of my life with PRK or LASIK. Contacts will last a long time if stored properly as far as i know

Not an issue with a PVS-14 or ANVIS. Gets in the way a bit with a PVS-7. In the way with a PVS-5 if you go old school.

Lasik is pretty sweet. Horror stories are rare.

Normal glasses do nothing for it, but polarized shooting glasses help a bit.

My glasses have saved my eyes from grinders, saws and random bits of scrap flying around as well. I thought about getting surgery at one stage, but I think wearing glasses is actually an advantage.

The only downside to glasses is carrying a cloth around to clean them and the cost of replacement. My glasses with new frames, tinting and so on usually cost about $500.

I'm thinking of upping the protection level of my glasses by getting new Oakley frames in the same style as those combat Oakley's they use in the forces and wearing them every day by putting clear tint lenses on it. I've found that dust and flying scrap sometimes gets around my current frames. Oakley's are also bullet resistant, so a little added protection never hurts.

Pic related:

Attached: ok9208-12-si-radar-evpath-matteblack.jpg (700x550, 19K)

>Seriously dude, hold off
If you were smart you'd wait until we get sophisticated implants. 20/20 will be trash compared to the shit future ocular implants will afford you.

Does anyone wear just their glasses as eyepro? I need a new pair of lenses but I wanted to get a prescription lens of some sort that also has a safety rating. Do they make them and what should I get if they do?

Attached: 1449559517310.png (1280x720, 847K)

Literally just kill yourself, not even meming. I've done glasses, contacts, eventually got LASIK, all in search of better vision. The world just looks like shit no matter what if you aren't born with perfect peepers.

I actually might open a fake eye clinic and start executing people who pass the chart test unassisted out of envy. Fuck this gay shit.

Explain the physics. If glasses correct the astigmatism, why would a red dot be magically exempt?