Vortex Optics

I see Vortex being shilled constantly and they look pretty good on paper and seem to have a good warranty. But are they actually any good?

What scope brand do you think is the best for the money right now?

Attached: iu[1].jpg (800x467, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eurooptic.com/Vortex-Viper-PST-5-25x50-EBR-2C-MOA-PST-5255.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Vortex made their reputation due to their more expensive scopes. Those are genuinely good.
A lot of their cheaper stuff however is as run of the mill as it gets. Which is pretty normal.
In general, in the optics world, you get what you pay for. (but you have to keep in mind that there's steeply diminishing returns)

The main problem with Vortex is mouth breathers which praise everything they make into heaven, even if it's pretty shitty, just due brand loyalty and fanboyism.

Alright so before hurr armyyy stronnnk I worked at a major sporting goods chain for about 5 years that was a vortex dealer. They are okay optics and good for the money and have a good warranty, HOWEVER.

90% of the Vortex hype is because they offer spiffs to dealers and employees for selling Vortex. These dudes behind the counter want you to buy that shit because they're working on their 3rd free Razor spotting scope. I wasn't a saint, I pushed that shit when I personally would have bought a Meopta or Leupold or something instead. Even my holy Leupold had to stoop to this to counter Vortex's bullshit.

You need to watch which lines you buy. Crossfire is obviously shit, diamondbacks are reeeally basic and not worth buying unless they're on sale.Vipers are the sweet spot for value and razors are decent glass and mechanicals, but retard fucking heavy. All the electronic sights are junk. They're a step up from say a Tru-glo, but that's about it.

Long story short, they CAN be a crazy good mix of features for price, but you just need to be careful.

Pretty much this. I have a few scopes and red dots from vortex and I'd say they are pretty good for what you pay for. The higher end scopes are actually amazing but the cheaper ones are pretty basic but are still good. Overall good, reliable and affordable.

Thanks bros.

I bought a TC Compass with a Vortex Diamondback to use this past deer season. Works fine for me, really. I don’t have experience with a lot of scopes so I can’t speak to that, but it held zero with practice shooting and even after being thrown around by airport crews, both to my home state and back. That could be the case I had the rifle in too, but needless to say I was impressed.

I just bought a Vortex Razor Gen II 1-6 for $970.00, hope I didn't make a mistake.

Razors tend to be good to go.

What would you buy for a precision rifle, for under 1k?

I have 7 Vortext optics products

they just work

Not the guy you're responding too, but I'm getting a Viper FFP 5-25x MOA reticle. Coming in right around $1000. Going on a 6.5cm Bergara.

Attached: IMG_6498.jpg (398x468, 45K)

Is Vortex the Glawk of Optics?

What is the HiPoint of Optics?

>What is the HiPoint of Optics
Cheap, look like ass, but generally work... Sightmark? Holosun?

UTG.

PST-5255 is the vortex model number.

eurooptic.com/Vortex-Viper-PST-5-25x50-EBR-2C-MOA-PST-5255.aspx

Swaro Z8i numba juan bic boiiii

Attached: swaro231856.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

Tasco or Barska

When it comes to Vortex you get what you pay for.

They are pretty good for the money, but not without their trade offs.

I like Nikon monarch3

Attached: 1021181824.jpg (2560x1280, 1.29M)

Their high end scopes and budget red dots and prism scopes are good. Their low-end scopes are dogshit. Sure, they may fix them forever, but they're still dogshit.

I have a pair of the Strikefire II and a Crossfire. They're not bad for the price, hold zero, didn't get stupid in the rain, and have a pretty good battery life. I have a simple backyard setup with a few steel plates.

>All the electronic sights are junk. They're a step up from say a Tru-glo,
That ain't true. Maybe 15 years ago, but not now.

>What is the HiPoint of Optics?
Also vortex.

The new Diamondback Tactical 6-24 X 50 Scope by Vortex is excellent, offering First Focal Plane, 30mm Tube, and MOA Reticle features for very low cost. It is also a very bright light gathering Scope, and with it on my 6.5 Creedmoor rifle, I print clover leaves at 100 yards, and bang the 6 inch gong at 500 yards every time with ease. The new Diamondback Tactical Scopes by Vortex preform like Scopes 2 to 3 times their cost.

Why the MOA reticle and not MIL?

I'd have to agree. They've gotten a bit better in that department. I picked up a Sparc AR for the design incorporating the battery and switches after seeing one at a 2 gun.

Attached: IMG_Thota_Vaikuntam_20181228_113232_processed.jpg (2402x749, 410K)

>first AR
>still poorfag in college
>buy vortex strikefire
>first day on range dot starts to flicker, goes out
>pull battery out it's hot as fuck
>call vortex, no questions asked repair/replacement
>same thing happens with the one I got back
>call again, they replace again
>also gave me a free vortex hat
>3rd one finally works OK but I end up selling it anyway cause I don't trust it to last

CS was good but I wouldn't buy another red dot from them. I would probably try one of their mid/high end glass

>Crossfire is obviously shit
As someone who is looking to get a 30-06 and have been suggested a Crossfire II, can you tell me why you say they are "obviously shit"?

Genuinely want to make a good purchase for my scope as it may be years until I buy another rifle.

their red dots and illuminated reticles are junk - I'e sent 2 brand new back for warranty work

Attached: vt-cf-rd1.jpg (1000x1000, 230K)

I bought a Viper 6.5-20x 50mm for $399 last year... When I was looking through other similarly featured (and higher priced) scopes, the clarity difference was very minimal and didn't justify the price gap. Been pleased with mine.

Attached: rfl_vpr_65-20x50_bl-t.jpg (800x467, 39K)

Because he's not a braindead chimp.

Sightmark

really hoping to get a reply to this

Razor 1-6 is god tier

Attached: 1521230657177.jpg (3500x2334, 753K)

They're solid, but overhyped.
Bought a Razor a few years back and besides the weight it was good.
Bought my father-in-law a 2.5-10 Viper and it's passable. He loves it, but I see the same clarity on my $300 Athlon 1-4.

Attached: 20181202_115147.jpg (3264x2448, 2.92M)

% of the Vortex hype is because they offer spiffs to dealers and employees for selling Vortex
I worked at cabela's and we never had this. Burris did though, as did ruger, Remington and glock. I got a free glock 40 and glock 34 gen 5, and I hardly actually sold guns. I often helped other dudes with background checks, and by the end of it, people gave me their left over credit. I quit just as bass pro was flexing this whole no incentive shit. Had a few guys get fucked since they tried to get some ruger stuff, only to have ruger deny them because cabela's was now technically bass pro.

Vortex's red dots are shit.

Everything else is basically price point glass. You'll get slightly more than what you pay for vs. Leupold at the same cost.

Their most notable brand quality is that they provide very good FEATURES for the prices they charge. The Viper line was the first time there was a scope with decent glass, matching MIL reticles and target turrets, for under $1k.

The Razor and AMG lines rub shoulders with some of the best, but will never quite be on the same level as the highest levels of S&B or even Nightforce.

TL;DR Vortex is almost always better than the price implies. But stay away from their red dots.

>The Razor and AMG lines rub shoulders with some of the best, but will never quite be on the same level as the highest levels of S&B or even Nightforce.

The thing with the Razor HD 1-6 is that it costs literally half of those supposed superior scopes. Razor also had a better/brighter red dot because of its second focal plane nature.

Attached: 1527031102832.jpg (3600x2400, 965K)

They can be had for $899 but you certainly weren't ripped off. Excellent glass.

I also went with a Monarch 3 hard to beat for the price and got it discounted at 200$ less.

the new 1-6 Viper PST Gen2 has one of the brightest reddots I've ever seen in a scope

Unfortunately Washington cucks me and pretty much all online dealers charge me sales tax.