Why do bullpups have to be so complicated?

Why do bullpups have to be so complicated?
You can literally make one with a piece of string and a front grip. Why the fuck did it take the firearms industry several dozen years to come up with this?

Attached: 1532092415757.jpg (1021x574, 311K)

No (you) for you fag
Because making them reliable, and also on par with the performance of a standard rifle is difficult.

Think you can do better?

How does the reliability get any lower? Unless the piece of string comes loose, what can go wrong? Are you seriously claiming weapon designers are too dumb to tie a piece of string together?

triggers are a big deal, and somewhat of a mystery to me.

I hear about gun nuts spending $200+ on triggers, "trigger jobs" etc.

But I can buy a digital scale on Ebay that reads to nearest gram for $5.

You also got Gun Nuts totally opposed to anything electronic in a gun because "muh reliability" when the rest of the world routinely relies on electronics for things like "fly by wire" for AIRLINERS (and no reason a gun couldn't have parallel backup mechanical trigger).

But getting back to Bullpups, they SEEM like real good idea, to desk jockey, but I've yet to hear a single actual soldier or unit say they like them.

Ergos are bad when firing, and when reloading/clearing.

So far the only decent one is AUG, but its not sand friendly.

Is there anything preventing people from making bullpup black powder weapons?

This isn't even amusing, just dumb.

Triggers are a giant meme. They have one purpose - when you pull it, a bullet pops out of the operational end of the device.
Everything else is just "ergonomics," in the same way as mechanical keyboards. The $200 triggers are so that they don't feel "mushy," and other crap like that.

Ergos are fine for SMGs, and the SA80 seems to be a good idea for rifles.
No, you can put black powder bullets in a Glock.

Attached: 1543361329575.jpg (1280x1024, 92K)

>Is there anything preventing people from making bullpup black powder weapons?

no.

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (812x1000, 156K)

They aren't so complicated, but they do have to be more complicated than the standard configuration of the same system because you have to break the trigger into two parts (the part you pull and the part that interfaces with the hammer or striker) and connect them via a wire since the hammer has to be in back still while the human part of the trigger is moved forward. Also often the magazine release and safety will be more complex to attempt to make them more ergonomic, since otherwise you need to make a choice between having an ergonomic safety by your hands or a safe one by the fire control group.

>Why do bullpups have to be so complicated?
Because they're a solution in search of a problem

>You also got Gun Nuts totally opposed to anything electronic in a gun because "muh reliability" when the rest of the world routinely relies on electronics for things like "fly by wire" for AIRLINERS (and no reason a gun couldn't have parallel backup mechanical trigger).

Electrical triggers in a self loading weapon qualify as a MG, according to the glow-in-the-darks at the ATF

Oh boy you really think you're smarter than the gun industry?
Shit has it's reasons.

original powder guns were bullpup.

Attached: 1480739586395.jpg (1890x955, 925K)

Why can't electric trigger? Boom, I solve problem.

Making them is easy. Making them not suck is difficult.

Black powder makes guns dirty as shit. If you full auto fire 30 rounds of black powder you're going to gunk up your rifle really fast

The complication you see in many modern bullpups is because their designers try too hard to be high speed low drag. I can understand additional complexity for an ambidextrous ejection, but multiple mag release buttons, buttons in dangerous places that are too easy to press by accident, weird experimental controls like the AUG's progressive semi / auto trigger; all of that dumb shit doesn't need to be there.

lol I'm talking about like a flintlock musket. Not a dang black powder AUG

All bullpups that are just jury rigged standard rifles with a fully conventional action are trash.

The only bullpups that are good are bullups with actions specifically designed for them.

Korobov for the win.

Attached: 984px-TulaStateArmsMuseum2013-09.jpg (984x640, 135K)

All bitching aside, this guy has it.

The problem with the modern bullpup is that in general, they're trying to apply conventional rifle principles to an unconventional rifle.

If/when bullpups overtake conventional rifles, it's going to rely on selling a unique rifle using new construction techniques and principles.

And it's going to fucking scare the pants off of procurement, so it's going to need one hell of an agent.

The level of fucking dumb in thus thread is glorious