How come we never talk about latin american drug cartels here...

How come we never talk about latin american drug cartels here, fuckers basically have armies that can buy almost any weapons they want

Attached: $.jpg (920x517, 52K)

What is there to talk about?
There is more than 1,000 documentaries and countless TV shows covering the topic.

They have billions of dollars and still choose to use standard AKs, standard ARs, and standard battle rifles. Nothing special.
they zero training, get BTFO in most engagements with military or local police.

>Nothing special.
>they zero training, get BTFO in most engagements with military or local police.
This.
If they were smart they'd spend some money on getting some training from ex Cuban military or other non-US allied military. However even those countries are hostile to the cartel and ex-mil ex-pats might be signing their own prison sentence or worse.

Their training level may vary, but some cartel like the zetas (i think that they doesnt exist anymore) were mainly mexican ex especial forces trained by the us in coin, etc... I readed that a lot of them made the us ranger course.
Anyway for a cartel, and for any other organized crime society, combat is just one of many tools, and the least desirable, as it generates a lot of collateral problems.
Any drug sended without being caught or with any combat with state forces or other cartels, is a smooth succes.
And in order to kill someone, its cheaper to send a nobody to kill him, someone too dumb to estimate risks, than to pay a trained killer. Thats the reason why there is only high tier killers in movies

Are you cartel? You know a lot about them. At least compared to the other jokers in this thread.

that would just attract the attention of the west and get them raped

The first generation of Zetas was made of ex-commandos and they were very competent.Their first leader was supposedly trained by mossad jews.
They are still dangerous but significantly weaker than they were 10 years ago.

These faggots were better as basic hitmen.
The idea of them being a fighting force is like seeing the forest through the trees. They're supplemental at best.

Because they don't need to win against the military, but against rival cartels. You wan't to keep the nation destabilized enough so you have various easy and efficient means of pushing your drugs and other things but not so destabilized so as to warrant foreign intervention.

No i am not. I al not even mexican, i am spaniard. I have just readed some news about mexico. Its sad to see a country with so many potential to be ravaged by those criminals. I have knew mexicans that came to spain, and they were amazed that you could walk at night and not to be asaulted, or to take pictures (one of them was a photography aficcionado) in the street (in mexico, it seems that people could mistake you by a policeman if you made this, and would shoot you). They paid for everything to local gangs (open a bussiness, protection, etc..), to the point that he closed his bussines.
This happened in one of the norther states, with a lot of cartel violence. Anyway, the level of no cartel violence was extremely high: express arson, home assaults..
He was the one who told me that the leaders of one of the cartel were mexican special forces trained by the usa to fight the cartel, who decided to start their own cartel (maybe i was wrong and they werent the zetas).
They used all their training, not only weapon using training; specially their training in intelligence and counterintelligence.
I think that the zetas were the most violent cartel. They killed full towns just to punish some police cooperator, or other cartel's cooperators.
As it has been said by other posters, most violence is against other cartels or civilians. Against the state, its easier to bribe cops and military. Anyway, i recall being told that a lot of them had the us ranger course, so they were profesionals setting ambushes.. and i have seen pictures of these ambushes and they had heavy weapons like rpgs, hmgs, and excellent comunications equipment (sorry about my english).
They arent a joke, but as with any other criminal orgs, the lower ranks are just gangsta wannabe with weapons that they dont know to use, eager to prove themselves to climb ranks in the org

You're partly wrong. Some cartels, notably the Zetas, were founded by ex Mexican special forces and they trained the new hitmen how to gun fight and shit. Even most cartels give their hitmen some level of training. They're not hood nibbas that shoot sideways and shit. You usually see them aiming down sights and with decent trigger discipline.

Glowies don't want you talking about their clients.

I dont think so. Having military training, specially spec forces one, is a lot more than knowing how to use a weapon. Thinks like how to run an organization succesfully, with discipline; how to stablish operational security in a convoy, your base, a drug convoy, how to set an ambush and how to avoid them, and how toreact to them. How to gather intelligence, how to detect intelligence leaks, how to use coms in a safe way, how to make elint or sigint of antagonists communications, how to interrogate, how to train new soldiers, how to motivate them (i have been told that the whole "santa muerte" thing was some kind of believe engineered to get better cartel soldiers, willing to take risks, some kind of "bushido" for criminals; "dont be afraid of bullets because the santa muerte protects you even if you are a criminal").
Well, basically when you learn how to fight a guerrilla, you learn how to operate one succesfully.
One they started their own cartel, they of course get the higher positions, because thats where the money is and thats where you can put your training at work

I'm not gonna lie. While I read your whole megilla here, my head was narrating it in a cholo voice. The wording, spelling and grammar mistakes are just too perfect.

Attached: 328781679a868e299a95b5c22e217bbc.jpg (600x903, 66K)

As far as Mexico is concerned expect the cartels to grow in power due to the new pink president. It'll be all gravy at first just like with Chavez in Venezuela or Lula in Brazil than economy SHTF will happen and the cartels will emerge as the winners in the ensuing chaos.

I wish we would get involved in latin america again. We have tons of troops who are just on standby that would probably love to fight. I guess the main problem would be it is just another insurgency like afganistan. Plus latin american governments arnt too fond of american intervention. I wish we had a better relationship with them, but in the end it would just turn into us raping them for everything they have. Although we would build them up in the process. They just dont want to be our bitch like alot of other countries.

Plenty of deserters from the army

To piggyback on this user, perhaps that is why you're not hearing much about the cartels recently OP. Plenty of US gov attention on the border currently and the cartels likely don't wanna draw unwanted attention.

>They're not hood nibbas that shoot sideways and shit. You usually see them aiming down sights and with decent trigger discipline.
That is blatantly false.
almost all hitmen within the cartels are street kids who decided at some point they had less of a problem killing people than others and showed mild leadership traits.
These guys are almost never trained unless you're talking about the big swinging dick heavy hitters, but those guys are usually contracted out through other organizations like mafia or PMCs.

1870-1910 foreign policy was glorious

S. Americas ISIS.

Basically allowed to exist as an unofficial arm to remove undesirable politicians and business men.