What would Jow Forums do if the events of War of the Worlds happened in real life?

What would Jow Forums do if the events of War of the Worlds happened in real life?

Attached: 2005.jpg (1429x735, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hyOSMw9AYeA
dailymotion.com/video/x2udajl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wait like 25 minutes for the Air Force to come and bomb the shit out of the aliens.

ORGY TIME

Stop bathing.

Book tripods or 2005 Spielberg tripods?

grab sks, go innawoods

And like half the towns/cities with them lol.

head for the mountains, those tri-cock things wont get me there

the old war of the worlds was better, hovering tanks is where its at.

Attached: war-of-the-worlds-1953.jpg (1088x610, 65K)

Freak the fuck out, because I'm in the late 1800's and might be able to avert the course of history.

based and HGWellspilled

Bump

Dig unnaground

This is Jow Forums in that movie.

Attached: waroftheworlds2005_0108.jpg (520x282, 23K)

Weaponized homosexuals

Attached: Fagflag.jpg (410x308, 8K)

Go hide for a month because apparently aliens can't into Lysol.

Construct a trebuchet and hurl the homeless at them.

The tripods were mostly the same in the book as they were in the movie, right? Just the invasion happened at a different time frame.

>The movie didn't have the cylinder slowly unscrewing itself, drawing in a crowd of rubberneckers then heatrayed the entire crowd
Shame. That was one of the better parts of the book just because it was human as fuck.

The movie had them with shields that protected them from all munitions, whole in the book they were just very very durable, bit could still be defeated with a lucky artillery hit

No fags thanks

>THUNDERCHILD OOOOLAAAAAAHH

In the movie they have shields so they can be a threat. In the books the tripods were just fast and a small profile, so Canon's could take them down but they had to be in ambush (which was countered by the black smoke). If the tripods from the books came they would not stand a chance with modern guidance and rocket systems.

That's right. Wasn't there a nod to that in the movie too? I feel like there was a part in the movie that mentioned that. Like one of the extras when everyone was getting on the ferry mentioned that some of the tripods were taken out by artillery. I'm not sure if that actually happened or if the idea was just put in my head. Damn.

I need to read the book and see the movie again. I don't think the movie was half bad. Shoehorned love story and other such bullshit but there were a few good moments. The moment after the tripod stands up and before it starts heat raying people was fucking tense. That and when they were coming over the hill when everyone was getting on the ferry. Not too loyal to the book but I enjoyed it anyway.

sneeze

Kill Tom Cruise while I can get away with it.

The reload time on that must be atrocious

Attached: WoWGesundheit.jpg (400x316, 77K)

Would wait until the Army solves the Situation

They had invisible tripods. Which is somehow more retarded than just tripods. (but as long you don't know that they're kinda cooler)

not with enough gears and homeless to rewind it.

/thread

Bacteria

Nothing because they have shields? Have you even seen the movies or read the books?

water...
that turns the freakin' frog
GAY !

Take up arms and help the Ayys fight the Feds.

Attached: ayylmao1.gif (600x458, 153K)

In the book they don't have shields, they're just pretty hard to hit with artillery because they can move exceptionally quickly.

hide and wait for disease to do its job

cough

Hijack it and get a cool alien walker

Jack off on it's big gay head

>what's left of Jow Forums when all the braver Jow Forums's die trying to fight and save other people

>What would Jow Forums do if the events of War of the Worlds happened in real life?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground
To stop it falling into the wrong hands

youtube.com/watch?v=hyOSMw9AYeA

Thread

The new (2004) movie pissed me off. The "shields" the walkers possessed, and the bullshit "ash" beams were completely opposite of what the books portrayed. The walkers in the book weren't invincible, they could be defeated by artillery fire (something that 1890's England lacked in) and the "heat ray" set EVERYTHING on fire. The military of the movie (Marines in the movie MARPAT and M81 gear is top sex) was completely ineffective, even though that said weapons were capable of destroying the walkers when unsheilded, yet the shields are completely plot teir level, which is bullshit.

Thermodynamics slaps that shit down, as does the depiction that you could simply WALK through them, (ISIS would have better effect, using suicide bombers and IED's) I can't figure out how nobody figured this out, or why nuclear weapons weren't used. I would write a plot point where nukes WERE used, and were effective, but the aliens in orbit decided "fuck that shit, and everything within 300km of that" every time humanity did so.

I would show a missile being launched from Wyoming, and the MIRV's destroying multiple walkers, and then the Ayys call down a GDI Ion Cannon style strike on the silos and utterly buttfuck half of Wyoming. This would make any nuclear weapons pretty much suicidal, inflicting minor losses against the Ayys.

Build the underground society the Artillery Man from the book described and pray to God we don't end up becoming first generation Morlocks, getting tied in with the Time Machine.
This.

>pic unrelated

Attached: Sei.png (311x323, 7K)

>the "shields" the walkers possessed, and the bullshit "ash" beams were completely opposite of what the books portrayed
>walkers in the book weren't invincible, they could be defeated by artillery fire and the "heat ray" set EVERYTHING on fire

Other than you callin' em "walkers" and not TRIPODS, you nailed what I hated about that film on the head, desu. Also.

>the tripods have been in the earth for centuries or even longer
>martians come down in lightning strike-esque pods that somehow magically get them into their machines
>negating whether seismic activity in the past couple hundred years may have shifted the machines from impact points for the martians
>tripod heat rays also throw up entire sections of bridges and flip them somehow
>tripods can go out underwater despite the fact that they can't plunge out to sea in the book
>up turn an entire ferry even though a fuckin 1890s iron clad fucked over several tripods in the novel
>red weed isn't biological life that has been imported from mars, but now is the result of human blood harvesting
>even though that human blood harvesting was the martians' source of food and a point of social commentary for h.g. wells

I could go on but this is Jow Forums, not /tv/.

Attached: 515036400.jpg (723x493, 119K)

if the shield can't relfect human i arm children with explosive and make they run to the thing so btfo it out of my planet

No no user, two birds with one stone. We get rid of the homosexuals by suiciding them on the ayes. When they go to eat, boom. Space ayes get aids and die. Coincidentally that might actually have been what happened anyway though. They were bound to pick up tons of aids riddled people with how much they were fucking and chucking everyone

I mean... it’s not going to hurt if you did go on?

I thought I was the only kid in the world who had that tape

w-what happens to you when you get vored by the giant space butthole
what goes on in there

Deploy India's strategic poo reserves as soon as possible.

Wait wasn’t that EXACTLY how the ayys were beat in the book right? They contracted flu or something because their immune systems weren’t equipped for earth and they all just died

The original martians weren't the soldiers. They were like civil engineers coming out to terraform, set up landing zones and scout. The invasion hadn't begun before they died off to Earth germs.

Put a stock on my neighbor's ar pistol

They say it was the flu, but what other virus also has flulike symptoms that seems to be concentrated within a certain group anally fixated people

Shoot, or otherwise remove, vocal chords of Dakota Fanning.

Finally, listen to Vera Lynn's "We'll Meet Again" in peace.

kick myself for not investing in a battle rifle

Every time someone posts about how to stop giant walking mechs I have to repost the hilariously effective mobility denial system.

dailymotion.com/video/x2udajl

Attached: Terminator T-800.jpg (1280x1024, 487K)

>The movie was different from the book!
this is not a valid criticism

> getting killed by a manlet with a shovel
yeah no

this

kill the ayys with ayyds

Okay, friend, I'll further indulge in my autism.
>those martian capsules had to be traveling at SANIC levels of speed to penetrate the earth, but somehow negate g-forces that would've crushed the martians
>the "heat ray" turns people to ash yet somehow can't vaporize clothes and somehow destroy buildings & infastructure
>the three main characters remain asleep one night only to find a crashed 747 outside, and aren't fucking dead
>force shields negate all incoming ordnance impacting the hull, yet the u.s. army/national guard/marines/whatever never thinks to fire on the legs of the tripods
>nor trying to lead them into tougher terrain where tripods can't follow, i.e. the marshes in the pine barrens or the watchung mountains
>instead the military decides to fruitlessly continue making a lot of noise and die so civilians, fleeing on foot, can escape (lol ok)
>martians harvesting the humans to serve as fertilizer for their red weed, so why even use the heat rays on your livestock in the first place
>not even mentioning if harvesting humans, a foreign fertilizer would hinder the red weed's growth or anything
>the martian machine getting destroyed, from the inside, by just two fragmentation grenades inside
>carry onto boston where the most stupid shit comes into play
>first, the cities were cleared out by the martians and were the main targets because you could kill/capture a lot of humans there
>opposed to in the film, where there's a shit ton of civilians and military that were somehow mucking about the city
>the martians are dying of all these germs, so what do they do but turn off the shields that protect them from human weaponry
>a fucking civilian has to point out to a company commander that the shield on the war machine is down and is vulnerable

Also, according to the Wiki, the Tripods were embedded in the earth for millions of years. Yet none of the seismic shifts/earthquakes crushed those machines or a single mining operation dug a tripod up?

Attached: 1433233974461.jpg (686x564, 42K)

They made space lube?
>Honking intensifies.

Attached: Blank+_3893509009f010eec4e18024542c373c.jpg (613x522, 86K)

Nice. Now imagine spraying that behind your car during a highspeed chsse; or down on the ground when the cops bust down your door all the while the theme song from Benny Hill is playing.

The weaponized Dad Dragon cum lube. Nice

They were even more bullshit that the 2004 version. They survived a point blank atomic blast with no fucks given.

The whole point of the original walkers was that they had a weapon to which we had no reasonable counter and they were proof against all but the heaviest weaponry in 1890, which means horse drawn artillery and deck guns since no tanks etc, which was offset by the fact the tripods could run faster than locomotives and accelerated like a human does so they are at top end speed from a near standing position.

The entire point of the book was that it was an anti-empire novel that was basically going 'HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT, HUH?' to politicians. That's why the entire concept of Mars being the launching point was meant to be the same as Britain being untouchable to colonial subjects while facing rifles and cannon with bow and arrow hence why small victories were possible but resulted in massive demoralising attacks after.

The point of the novel was that we're the niggers this time.

>hahahahahaha
Kys

Attached: jgb3lmrukn601.png (7672x5072, 1.48M)

Having toilets =/= using them. Indians have soap and water too but still refuse to wash their hands.

The winter will kill them for me.

>Wyomingite

baby steps

I'm sure they had a way to track their equipment, but i'm not about to defend hollywood on any level here. that's like the US just dropping off its equipment over in the sandbox 70 years prior to getting around to going over there