The best polymer pistol

Would you rather own a glock or a p10c? Or something else entirely?

I have a bunch of full steel hammer fired guns in my collection but I've always wanted a polymer gun, what do you guys think about glocks and czs

Attached: cz p10c.png (1707x1270, 454K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1oMUYYGLZhY
youtube.com/watch?v=ILltPQyskf0
youtube.com/watch?v=g_hofiu3oGM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Used HK USP .45. ~$500

>Used
I bet you date single moms

vp9, ppq, or glock 19 desu familam. if youre going plastic might as well go striker.

I'd wait for the 2nd gen to start shipping for the P-10 series. Some distributors have the P-10F already, so it shouldn't be long.

Is there some reason the P10c couldn’t have had the slide in the rails like every other CZ pistol design?

>P10 series
>2nd gen
Can I get a quick rundown? What are the changes

Glock over the CZ in all honesty.

Attached: IMG_20181228_175535.jpg (1251x938, 122K)

P10C was definitely made to compete with Glock with police sales and the reversed slide/rail design creates a very small exposed slide that's hard to use to clear malfunctions and I don't think would be desirable for most police forces who are used to glocks.

I mean if you're going to buy one polymer gun, there's very little reason for it not to be a glock. It's literally the polymer gun, despite the VP70 that nobody bought.

I've shot a VP70. It's got the trigger pull of a Nagant Revolver in double action. Pretty atrocious.

Glocks are Glocks. I don't like them, lots of people do. They are both overpriced. CZ knows they are a popular brand with that important s0ib0i demographic.
The instruction manual mentioned a full size and a subcompact that doesn't exist yet, and they admitted that those were coming. Nothing concrete on design improvements afaik.

S&W MP9 2.0

The CZ I guess, not a fan of Glocks. They're all so damned similar anymore. The next poly I'm getting is going to be DA/SA Beretta or HK.

Honestly probably this. Really you should just rent them and figure out what trigger you hate the least. Also don't forget that Walther has a shit load of redundant plastic gats. If you just want to own one and don't plan on firing it a lot get a Taurus g2c. It's so cheap you can use the money you save on ammo for the guns you actually like. It probably won't break after one or two trade outings.

Came here to post this.

Yup, 2.0 beats both.

Attached: IMG_20180512_142012.jpg (1745x1309, 577K)

I shot a glock for a few years

I like my CZ better

did they ever gat around to producing the full size and subcompact versions?

Why?

According to the website, they're tooling up for full US production of the P-10 series. Bold move Cotton.

Attached: d5decc64-8f51-48f1-8fb4-c788acf3f8d6.png (1031x1689, 412K)

X2

>have a bunch of full steel hammer fired guns in my collection but I've always wanted a polymer gun, what do you guys think about glocks and czs
so what you mean is you want a striker fire? then go with what ever.

if actual polymer frame,

If the US manufactured guns have the same build quality as the Czech-made guns, then I'll buy a P-10F. I can't imagine they would make any significant changes design-wise, though. Like maybe a different trigger shoe? Adjustments in the striker assembly? It's a pretty complete gun.

I grew up with glocks myself, and I really don't have any issue clearing malfunctions with the p10c. I love it so far, though I only have about 1k rounds through it.

I should note that the malfunctions are simulated and not actual faults of the weapon lol I've never had a hang up of any kind, even using the +2 mag extensions

This is also my logic.

Glock for the aftermarket support, easily. People take it for granted, but being able to change nearly any aspect of a gun is fucking nice.

MP9 2.0 for a good price.
Glock if you want to fuck with it or have a bunch of pistols that all match.
Other than cool shit like the USP, I don't really see a reason to get anything else.

why change the p10c when it comes with a trigger almost as good as an aftermarket glock trigger

better than some even desu

I wish the p10c was the gun we got in the early 90's that set the standard for what that style of gun was supposed to be. If I was just getting into guns and looking to buy my first pistol hands down I'd go with the p10c over the Glock. Hands down it does everything exactly the same as a Glock does, just with better overall ergonomics. For all the different Glock clones out there I think it was the first I looked at and said "there's your gen 5 Glock right". Much as I personally like it better though, at this point I'm just too heavily invested in Glock to justify making the switch. I think the market is sorta that way too. Every major company has a Glock clone of some sorts. Other than maybe Sig though I don't see any of them ever achieving the success Glock did in the early 90's with as saturated as the market is with similar designs now.

At the sale prices I've seen on it lately (sub 400), I'd say it's probably the best poly 9 you can get for the dollar. I've been very happy with mine, the trigger is second only to the PPQ.

Attached: 20180108_134520.jpg (4032x2268, 2.32M)

I own both of those. But pic related is my favorite. Never expected if like it so much but it's just the nicest to shoot and carry imo. Also holds up to a lot of abuse...

Attached: P1030595.jpg (1500x968, 574K)

Glock 40 master race

They already have a Gen 2, kinda. Pretty much all minior issues they had at release were ironed out by 2018. Just get one made in 2018 or later.

FN509 Tactical

VP9 and PPQ both has superior ergo and trigger.

>is called P10
>there is no 10mm model
why.

X3

I'll answer.
>Glocks are dirt simple.
Most of us won't need to detail strip our pistol but it's great that it's easy, only 34 parts.
>aftermarket
>g2g out of the box
>striker control device (gadget)
Perfect for AIWB adherent folks. Should be standard on all striker guns.
I've had ~ 7 glocks and sold em all. Gonna get a 43x this year.

If they are in my area

What are Jow Forums‘s thoughts on Canik? Turkish trash or a decent Glock alternative. I’ve never had a polymer handgun or a desire to own one.

Glock apex trigger is better desu.

P10c is just a glock clone though so it wouldnt be possible for it to even exist without glocks coming first. It's like saying that the makarov should have come before the ppk.

Kek’d

I don't feel like you've every actually touched one in real life

M&P have cast barrels lmao

Outside of holsters I never gave a shit about this because aftermarket sights come out almost immediately and most of the changes people make to glocks are already found on other guns or on different glocks.

Show your source and prove why it's inferior

youtube.com/watch?v=1oMUYYGLZhY

Source is Jow Forums. Why is it inferior? Pic related. M&P is worse than taurus now. Polymer cz suck dick too.

Attached: 1546653421293.jpg (720x480, 22K)

>Polymer cz suck dick too.
Has much better chamber support than Glock.

Attached: p10-glock.jpg (900x578, 91K)

>Factory threaded barrel
My nigger.

Not really since it's made out of cast iron

>everyone except Glock makes barrels out of cast iron
ebin, must be why CZnade and M&Pnade are a thing

oh wait

They exist they just aren't memed on here so you don't know about it. Hk blow up too.

>They exist they just aren't memed on here so you don't know about it.
Show me a blown up P-10 C then, I'll wait.

Ah yeah Jow Forums, where a guy fucked a coyote and memes are real. Tell me sir, what M&P is devoid of a hood and feed ramp

Surprised no one has said the p320 yet. I would put it right beside the M&P 2.0.

The correct answer to this question is whatever you have been/want to shoot. Of the mainstream polymer pistols on the market, the one that is the best is the one you are most comfortable with personally. None of them stand out that much over the others. Pick a gun that feels good and use it.

Not him, but that's a rather unfair comparison. More people buy Glocks than CZs, like... A SHIT TON more people. Naturally there's bound to be more screw ups with the more numerous manufacturer.

>Not him, but that's a rather unfair comparison.
The user was implying P-10 C barrels are made of cast iron and blow up just like Glocks do (actually they should blow up even more if this was the case, but whatever). I'm merely asking for evidence.

>Naturally there's bound to be more screw ups with the more numerous manufacturer.
Obviously, but I have not seen even ONE blown up P-10 C yet and they have been on the market for a few years now. This isn't just proportionally less, it's zero vs. non-zero. I like to think the fuckhueg chamber support is a factor in this, that it is much harder to blow up even with +P+ or shitty reloads.

I couldnt find a blown up p10 I saw some 07 and 09 though. I was thinking the p10c was pretty great until I read about some other issues. If they made the optics ready version for sub 400 it would be worth checking out.

Pick the one that feels nicest. They're all the same.

The ergos are perfect for me. Trigger is really weird, but now that I'm used to it I shoot it well.

Looks like you places two unnecessary periods at the end of your post.

Steyr M9 or L9

p10c by a mile glocks feel like shit and have godawful triggers

S&W really pulled off a miracle with the M&P and Shield line up. When I read they were going to re-enter into the semi auto, polymer frame, striker fired pistol market ten or so years ago I figured it was going to be S&W Sigma 2.0 all over again.

>Would you rather own a glock or a p10c?
Hmm, let's see. Do I want a new gun design that just came out only a couple years ago and had a bunch of reported problems with reliability, durability and basic operation? Or do I want a gun design that's been around for 30+ years, has long ago had the bugs worked out of it, and is available in a variety of different size and caliber configurations so I can stick with the same controls, trigger and manual of arms across all my guns? TOUGH QUESTION!

>Or something else entirely?
No gun is perfect, but of the "polymer double stacks," I trust Glock, HK and Walther the most. Because of the variety of sizes and calibers with the same manual of arms, Glock has a logical advantage, but if for some reason I couldn't get a Glock, I'd be happy with an HK or Walther.

>>P10 series
nd gen
>Can I get a quick rundown? What are the changes
You can do a Google search for the exact details, but there were a number of small parts that were upgraded in the first year of production. I think the extractor was redesigned, but can't recall exactly. One example that does come to mind is that the original mag release had a tendency to be sticky and hard to actuate. The new part operates normally.

It's common practice for modern gun manufacturers to do these incremental upgrades to individual parts without informing the consumer with a formal "v2" release, and that's what CZ has done with the P10C. For example, Sig does it extensively with new gun releases, notably the P238, P938 and P365, which were quite unreliable upon release. Glock had to redesign several parts on the G42 to get that gun to run reliably. What's NOT common is that CZ appears to have thrown the new parts into the same parts bins with the old parts and just had the factory workers shake the bins over their heads a few times before continuing on as usual. Buyers are reporting old parts in new guns, which is worrying, as a potential buyer.

>and the reversed slide/rail design creates a very small exposed slide that's hard to use to clear malfunctions and I don't think would be desirable for most police forces who are used to glocks.
With training, it's not really that much harder. The problem is that if you've trained extensively with Glocks, M&Ps, HKs, etc. (any other modern gun), then you do need to train to use the CZ's slide, or else you'll find yourself with a handful of frame when you go to clear a malfunction.

Czp10 pros to glock
>better ergonomics that agree with 85% of the worlds population that hold it
>built in night sites and metal sites
>thicker/beefier barrel (not like it really matterd on a 9mm)
>front slide cerations
>far more suppirior trigger out the box

Cons
>stiff slide release
>stiff and squishy mag release (typically breaks in after about 500-1000 rounds, doesnt fell as shit)

Id rather have the p10c myself as someone who just uses it for defence and refuses to put aftermarket shit on a defence gun. After 5k rounds mine has proven its reliability to me from 0 malfunctions

Alot of the issues in terms of reliability has been getting smothed out with the updated p10c that came it in 2018.
Though, i can see your point, mine has showed it deserved a place in my collection.

>I saw some 07 and 09 though.
Well that's real fuckin interesting considering the gun came out in 2017

I am drunk for the national championship and misread your post. I am also illiterate

Point being is that mechanically it isn't complicated, it's a Glock but much more refined ergos. The technology was all there in the 90's. I get that Glock came first and did their thing, but I just wish that was the point we got to when "perfection" just started rolling out into mainstream pistol market. If that gun with with a much better trigger and full ambidextrous features, and a much better feel in hand was the standard two decades ago I think we'd be in a lot better place with the market today. Doesn't mean that Glocks suck or anything but just that they could have been so much better for as innovative as they already were at the time.

I sort of want one for muh spacegun looks but it just seems like a Glock with no aftermarket and a more extreme grip angle. Not sure if it'd be good as baby's first striker gun.

you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded too

Which thing that I said triggered you this hard?

this desu

Try the Bersa BP less than 300 bucks.
9mm , 40s&w and .380acp

Attached: 34_vsnbyrec4j0kltuq47lr.jpg (1024x768, 161K)

My personal preference is a Beretta APX, FN 509, or Steyr L9. P10c is a great choice though.

Attached: download.jpg (338x149, 4K)

PPQ M2

Polymer master race

Attached: 1215171239~2.jpg (4656x3492, 2.62M)

>Do I want a new gun design that just came out only a couple years ago and had a bunch of reported problems with reliability, durability and basic operation?
I would say this was a legit complaint shortly after it was released, but mostly irrelevant now that it's been over 2 years. The issues it had in the beginning were minor at most and very few and far between, pretty much anecdotal. I can find anecdotal evidence that would suggest P10 is more reliable than a Glock as well:

youtube.com/watch?v=ILltPQyskf0
youtube.com/watch?v=g_hofiu3oGM
>same ammo, same shooters, same place, same everything
>P-10 C malfuctioned for the first time after 6200 rounds
>Glock 19 malfunctioned only after 2590 rounds

I'm yet to see any complaints about newer P-10s which leads me to believe they have all been fixed by now. They already made the full size and subcompact version of it so it must have sold well.

>Or do I want a gun design that's been around for 30+ years
While the P-10 is only 2 years old, CZ has been around for a century now.

>and is available in a variety of different size and caliber configurations so I can stick with the same controls, trigger and manual of arms across all my guns?
I can agree with that, the variety of Glocks in different sizes and calibers is definitely one if its strongest points. I also recognize how beneficial having the same ergos and controls on all your handguns is, but CZs benefit from this as well. As an example, Shadow 2 is a very good and popular handgun for competition shooters (Glock 34 doesn't even come close to it if you ask me), which makes the P-10 C a perfect CC gun for them.

Fuckin where dude I really want a full size usp in my life but that 1k+ price tag is a bit of a deterrent