Why dont they shoot the knees out more often?

Why dont they shoot the knees out more often? Is it hard to hit the knees / legs of a charging suspect?

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jPNr1qV-cRk
youtube.com/watch?v=eVe7bx_CaSU&nohtml5=False
nbcnews.com/news/us-news/utah-officer-cleared-after-shooting-suspect-holding-screwdriver-leg-n898576
reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/
youtu.be/lJCbk2Zna6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=e6P-4dIV-Ks
pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?4330-Shots-to-the-Pelvis
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>is it hard to hit the small, rapidly moving parts on an already moving object

Gee I dunno. What do you think faggot?

Firing a firearm against another person is considered lethal force, both logically and legally. You shouldn't be shooting someone who you dont intend to kill, retard. Not to mention that a shot in the leg can still be lethal.

Are you just going around the board, making threads for retarded questions because you're a retard, or you've got too much time on your hands? The number of rhetorically similar garbage threads up right now is a bit of a (((coincidence)))m

Why do retards ask this question so often? Are there really that many low IQ monkeys out there that can't work this simple ass question out themselves?

Attached: 1537473148353.gif (344x499, 3.59M)

You’re the reason proof of firearm ownership should be mandatory before posting.

Im sorry for ruining your gun-jerk threads. What the fuck do you have to talk about here you retard.
"I oiled my gun yesterday and nows shes shiny"
"I changed the bullet flapper for optimal casing trajectory"

Fuck off Im bringing you fresh content.

You shoot to stop the threat. Leftists and idiots always ask questions like this to show the real world how fucking stupid they are

>bringing fresh content
This is as fresh as asking if 45 or 9mm is better.

thanks for the fresh turd I really appreciate it

>fresh content
thousands of people have asked this question or variants of it for years now. center of mass. stop the threat. end of story.

>fresh content
Do you really believe that no one has asked that question before?

It seems horribly cruel to shoot someones legs even if you could do so reliably. More than likely the perp is going to lay there and bleed out in extreme pain, or be maimed for life. If someone shoots me they better make it center of mass or head.

Center of mass shots arent likely to either hit a heart or lung and put me down in very quickly. If they dont, then it is likely they didnt hit anything that a decent doctor cant patch up fairly easily.

>hurrr shoot for leg
hits femoral artery, now the person is dead in under a 2 minutes, while a GSW to the chest or lower abdomen is an actual survivable wound

OP you fucking faggot, sage

>Underage retard confirmed
>asking stupid questions is fresh content

Go back to cockadooty you noguns faggot

Attached: implying.gif (264x264, 1.37M)

Ight, to give you an answer. It is this: Major arteries travel through appendages for homeostasis.

That being said, even if we shoot at a place perceived to be less lethal than any other part of the body, the aim to disable an individual by any means necessary.

Some people do not think twice about shot placememt specially if they're instilled with fear, no matter how small that fear is, they will aim to have the advantage to save themselves.

i really hope this is bait for your sake, my god.

Attached: 1536851462094.png (1440x1557, 738K)

It happens sometimes. For LEOs as long as they're an active threat its technically ok legally in most places but really frowned upon. It's much more common in western europe form what i hear, although their view of lethal force is quite a bit different over there.

youtube.com/watch?v=jPNr1qV-cRk
youtube.com/watch?v=eVe7bx_CaSU&nohtml5=False
nbcnews.com/news/us-news/utah-officer-cleared-after-shooting-suspect-holding-screwdriver-leg-n898576

I haven't seen a turd this big in a while, thanks OP

>muh shooting in the limbs is just as fatal if not more so than shooting in the chest because arteries
Anatomical brainlet spotted. Major blood vessels in the leg are smaller, fewer, and farther between than the abdomen or chest. It really is considerably less likely to kill.

You asked this question while fully knowing the answer already. Stop using Jow Forums threads for asking google questions.

Stop equating movies with real life.

>optimal casing trajectory
>bullet flapper
>fresh content
I didn’t think I’d get such a golden nugget out of that reply

Attached: 374C3552-FB6E-41D7-A842-52BC4FE4682F.gif (220x213, 344K)

You are too scared to aim for the legs TIL americans are giant pussies

>Shooting someone might kill someone
>So if you try to not kill him when shooting him, you're committing a crime
The american justice system. Is it true that warning shots also land you in prison?

The dead can't sue.

>Im sorry for ruining your gun-jerk threads.
Do you know where the fuck you are, turbofaggot?

Yes, the reasoning being that intentionally firing to not hit your target is potentially endangering innocent bystanders

>remember the general rules of firearm safety

I dunno, looks like the hick part of town. Hey bro why is your wife beater yellow, Arent they supposed to be white?

Pulling the trigger is using lethal force. Firing a warning shot or shooting to wound implies you aren't in immediate fear of your life, which is one of the requirements for legally using lethal force most places in the US. Warning shots also send that lethal force off in a random direction, no telling what damage that bullet will do when it comes down.

Probably because number one you shouldn't be firing at something you don't intend to kill, and number two the person who was shot could probably turn around and Sue the police department

>why don't they headshot them?

Attached: 499936_1.jpg (630x630, 16K)

>implies you aren't in immediate fear of your life
This is essentially just word play. Shotting the gun at all means you are in immediate danger. Shooting to main just implies you rather the perp live, and there are alot of genuine reasons for not wanting a potential murderer dead including mental illness.

>> reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/

So what if I aim in a safe direction?
>Firing a warning shot or shooting to wound implies you aren't in immediate fear of your life
How so? If someone comes at me and I have enough time to aim somewhere else than centre mass, I might still be in fear of my life (because it's a big angry nigger with a big knive in his hands.. or something). Or do I need to wait until he's literally in my face? That's retarded.

You're a fucking retard. Kys, soccer mom.

>Fuck off Im bringing you fresh content.

Attached: 1546649500967.jpg (627x477, 118K)

Nogunz detected. At least pretend like you belong here, normie.

Doesnt matter, you are "potentially" endangering others, even when firing in alleged safe direction
Also, the other guy is right, and you will get raped in court if you try so "but what if..." garbage in your defense

I know right. Why don't they shoot the hands too? Then they can't fire back.

>Shooting to main just implies you rather the perp live
If you'd rather the perp live, don't use lethal force on him.

>should I go for center mass?
>nah, feeling lucky rn

hell kill yu then

>not going for leg meta

If you are in fear for your life, you will shoot to stop the threat as quickly as you can. That means center mass.

This. The answer to OP's question is "lawyers". Specifically, the city/county attorney, who will lay down the REAL law in front of the Chief/Sheriff in terms of getting the city's insurance policy cancelled if they keep getting sued by survivors.

Exactly. Would you rather the perp live, or rather yourself live?

>Not using a gun with the Kneecaper perk.

Ah yes shoot people's popliteal artery and bunch of other arteries/veins to pacify them while causing them immense pain. Then the tax payer can pay their hospital bill if they survive.

wow look at this condescending prick

These thread are actually entertaining me. Breaks up the monotony of ARG and the look what the chinks did threads.

The content is the flames.

Just happened in Rochester Michigan. Dindu was skipping class, knocking on doors in nice neighborhood. Claims he was lost and asking directions. Totally not looking to steal stuff. Retired fireman scares him off with shotgun blast in the air. Guess who's going to jail for four years?
Bonus points if you can guess how the media framed it.

I unironically approve.

Lawyers and good sense.

Extremely difficult, not to mention downright brutal. I think I'd rather be dead, seen enough knee replacements to know that your life is going to be daily hell after getting knee capped.

Nice bait user, 10/10

>leg hit potentially more deadly than torso hit
Are there any targets with arteries as A-zone?

>I think I'd rather be dead, seen enough knee replacements to know that your life is going to be daily hell after getting knee capped.

Do elderly lives suck that hard? Please explain what's so hellish about knee replacements.

Then kill him back then, idiot.

>E

Cops are bad shots to begin with and they're all mandated to use 12lb triggers because standard police doctrine is to use a loaded, safetyless gun with your finger on the trigger as a people management tool.

>inb4 why u haet glock
before they used the safetyless glock they used safetyless DA revolvers

Basically the take-home from all of this is, that guns in America are like knives and swords in some other cultures: they can't be drawn without shedding blood, otherwise you dishonour your ancestors.

Attached: Bowie.png (500x500, 46K)

youtu.be/lJCbk2Zna6Q

This is why you don't aim for the leg. Iranian cop shoots bank robber in the leg, guy bleeds out in less than a minute.

>asking the same fucking question we've seen a thousand fucking times just in the past year is fresh content
Thanks OP I learn something new every day

Thats an interesting way of looking at it, and it sounds fucking awesome

Lets put this to rest. It is cheeper to kill than to wound.

A thug shot in the leg will live a long time on your dime, personal or tax wise. killing is a possable one time wrongful death payment.

In Ohio wounding with a deadly weapon would be felonoius assault and get you up to fifteen years. You can pleed lower but the court gets to hear the thugs side of the story.

Invoultary manslaugher can get you fifteen years but if you pleed you can get five. And you are the only one talking.

>person presents lethal threat to you
>shoot them in the leg hoping that they don't die, but w/e if they do
>aim COM or for the head if they keep coming
Nothing legally wrong with this in any SYG state. The only time it becomes criminal is if you shot them in the leg when you DIDN'T fear for your life. That is obviously not ok.

>What is a small quick moving Target vs large slower moving Target
>What is the femoral artery
>What is the popliteal artery
>What is shooting doctrine

This is absolutely bullshit. It completely depends on the circumstances.

Lawsuits of this kind are controlled by torts. Personal Injury vs. Wrongful Death. PI would obviously be filed by whomever got shot. WD is filed by their estate/next of kin.

>A thug shot in the leg will live a long time on your dime, personal or tax wise. killing is a possable one time wrongful death payment.

Wrong, stupid. Both types of cases will award financial judgments if you are found culpable. The plaintiff will submit how much they think they are owed, a judge will either agree or disagree until they come up with what he believes is a more reasonable number. That number could be anything. Having wounded a guy and rendering him a paraplegic will probably cost more than outright killing him, however, in most circumstances, wrongful death carries far harsher financial penalties as a result. The notion of a "one time payment" is also completely garbage. You will have a judgment made against you, and how it is collected and in what intervals will vary as well. There will be subsequent discovery motions made where you are forced to declare your income and assets and your lawyers will try to get you to pay the last amount over the longest time line, but again, it's up to the judge as to what he will find reasonable.

Civil court is not the same thing as Criminal court. There is not the same preponderance of the evidence. There is no "innocent until proven guilty." It's "how much money do I, the judge, think is owed to the other party." If he doesn't believe you engaged in any unreasonable behavior, that amount of money is nothing. However, there's no guarantee a good shoot won't leave you financially raped forever, as whether the perp lives or dies will put you in the hole.

>Shotting the gun at all means you are in immediate danger.
No it doesn't. Not at all. You're assuming people don't overreact and/or panic. Or that they're dealing with each other honestly. Plenty of people pull guns to try and dominate an argument, and wouldn't hesitate to shoot at someone's feet with the intent to intimidate them.

Here's a good one from Pakistan

youtube.com/watch?v=e6P-4dIV-Ks

I thought so at first, but it got really painful after I had to keep shooting my foot while practicing my draw

An adult heart pumps blood at several litres per minute.
An adult has about 4 or 5 litres of blood.
So could bleed to death in a few minutes.
depends on the artery, with some arteries like the Femoral or Carotid Artery, your dead, you'll drop immediately from the blood pressure drop, and bleed out in less than a minute

Attached: 2EC3975C-FC14-4A82-A974-2D8931E84876.jpg (250x273, 10K)

Cops are trained to kill with their sidearm, not wound.

burst post fest boost

>73 replies
trolling used to mean something.

Same. I don't know about OP's question, but it is the same arfcom faggotry. I'm gonna delete all the generals and lock the traps in a meat freezer to make this board cooler. Then when they're frozen to death, I'm gonna snap their frozen sissy penises off and put them in a polycarbonate 1950s white supremacist jello desert molt shaped decor piece, as an example to non-straights.

Attached: rmaashit.jpg (1000x707, 185K)

OwO

This

On a related note, has anyone ever done a study on if shooting the pelvis can actually drop someone? While obviously not the best idea for some asshole with a gun, is there any evidence that it can prevent someone from walking or running if torso shots didn't?

I don't care if someone bleeds out, I'm just interested if you can break the ball-and-socket joint.

>Is it true that warning shots also land you in prison?

No! They at worst land you in jail. Then you appear in court to explain yourself for acting like a daft cunt. And then they fine you and put you on probation.

>Guess who's going to jail for four years?
>going to jail for four years
>four years
>jail

No one!

You left out the part where your ricochet hit someone's kid and you're broke as fuck forever. Warning shots are retarded.

To the general public guns are basically magic wands

shooting the pelvis causes the person to instantly drop and become unable to walk assuming you hit the pelvis and its a terrible idea except in very rare very specific circumstances go for center mass/thorasic cavity

I have heard fuddlore that you should shoot for the pelvis cos the guy might be wearing armor (lol). Even if he was wearing soft armor, wouldn't the impact still knock him on his ass? Hell, it probably is more incapacitating than an icepick.

>You left out the part where your ricochet hit someone's kid

>What is the difference between intentional negligent discharge and negligent homicide?

That is both a Hypothetical and a completely different charge. Albeit still definitely possible and still daft cunt behavior

>Even if he was wearing soft armor, wouldn't the impact still knock him on his ass?

>What is conservation of momentum.

Not a charge, you'd just be sued for 25% of all your future earnings in a personal injury tort lawsuit.

t. faggot who does research for ppl who sue over shit exactly like that

And keep in mind you only need to lose a little over 40% before you're done without immediate medical attention (as in, transfusion right that very second immediate)

Not that the impact would have the force to do it, that it would basically knock the wind out of you like you got punched by McGregor on a cocktail of adderall and cocaine.

you would be charged for negligent homicide AND sued in civil court for wrongful death lawsuit

Nice b8

I should have specified abdomen, you are correct, that being said, you can drop someone by shooting them in the upper thigh,and considering the time it takes for EMS to respond to a shooting, your suspect is dead

Urban legend. Shooting a flat bone like the pelvis with a handgun round just punches a hole through it. Same thing it does when hitting any other flat bone(ex skull outside of hard contact shots), feel free to check out some autopsy photos if you don't believe me. To compromise the hips ability to bear weight requires cracking it completely. In almost any situation where you might consider a pelvic girdle shot a head shot is a much more effective and practical answer.

pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?4330-Shots-to-the-Pelvis

Assuming it killed the kid, but if it did, yes, you would.

There's a youtuber out there who taped himself getting shot by a buddy with 5.56, 7.62x51, and 00 buck in hard armor at a distance of maybe 10ft for some vets charity thing he was trying to raise money for. None of them came close to knocking him on his ass, although he was using hard armor. When it comes to soft armor i've heard everything from "i didn't notice I was shot until after the shooting" up to watching deputies in OIS's get hit and immediately stumble to the ground and typically keep shooting. Whether that's due to having "the wind knocked out of them" or just psychological who knows. Personally I really wouldn't count on it and i haven't ever seen anything even approaching convincing evidence to the contrary.

Healthcare bro in GA. Vascular specialty. Atherosclerosis and stenosis can impair ability to walk in mild cases.

Oh your knee isn't being replaced after a shot. They are going to weld your leg into a solid stick that you'll feel the nerve damage every time you step with your cane.

There is a big elephant ear shaped bone called the ilium, ischum, w/e. It very rarely breaks naturally (at it's distal apex). Shooting for the hip would make it very likely to contact this bone. But Kidneys, other organs would probably get fUcKeD