Is there any reason to buy an SKS over an AR besides personal taste?

Is there any reason to buy an SKS over an AR besides personal taste?

Attached: 20190103_195230.jpg (2349x3347, 3.6M)

None at all. The day of the sub $250 SKS is over and the day of the ~$300 AR is here to stay for the foreseeable future.

Nope. Milsurp is no longer a good choice for people who are just looking for a cheap blaster. If you aren't a collector, there's no reason to buy it.

>That pic
user makes otherwise boring thread that would probably 404 quickly. Is going to get many bumps from angry Brits and stay until bump limit instead.

Wise move!

collecting

Attached: sks.jpg (689x513, 82K)

Attached: 1544593867361.jpg (604x438, 61K)

SKS strengths:
internal magazine= no parts to lose
very reliable, if you get the cosoline out
surprisingly accurate, can hit manhole sized targets standing 150ish meters out

weaknesses:
heavy: if youre a pussy
magazine: only ten rounds
Stripper clips: honestly good or bad, could go either way

Im probably bias, I love my sks. Joy to shoot and surprisingly accurate. If you can find one for $400 or so, get it

300$ ar's are trash that will break in 500 rounds

Sks higher velocity

It's more aesthetic, but the real answer is you should have both.

Pretty much this

Correction
SKS Strengths:
Cheap for poorfags
Weaknesses:
Cheap for poorfags
Communist

Lol nope.

I literally built one to try to break it by shooting it.

150 for upper
50 for bcg
7 for charging handle
50 for lower
60 for LPK, buffer tube, brace

With shipping costs it came out to $342.

Seriously, I've put 5 thousand rounds through it in the last six months.

There are a ton of people who've built a poverty pony and had very similar results. Milspec is milspec dude.

Unless you're in leafland, SKSes aren't cheap anymore. Surplus drying up and demand from ban states (good luck trying to get an SKS under $500 in California or New York) has made them, on average, *more* expensive than an entry-level AR.

Only answer is
>UP THE IRA

Tioc fad ar la mother fucker
Free the North

>If you ever fall down on it, it won't bend like a cheap AR.
>Out of ammo? use it as an effective club.

>300$ AR
>mfw krautistani
>mfw the cheapest option is a sig at 1400 buckeroos, (unless you go for the dpms one with all the proprietary parts for 900)

Attached: 1359245204870.png (500x354, 266K)

OP here. If you have time could I get some details on those parts

>surprisingly accurate, can hit manhole sized targets standing 150ish meters out
The fuck?
There is absolutely no reason you shouldn't be able to hit a man-sized target at 300M offhand with an SKS as long as it isn't a piece of shit with a sewer-pipe barrel.

git gud, scrub.

Attached: whatthefuck.gif (370x335, 1.53M)

>tfw can still get a russian sks for $260 or a chink sks for $200 because canada

Attached: smile.jpg (222x293, 10K)

Enjoy it. I'll be down here enjoying any fucking gun I want, even if some are overpriced.

Attached: PickupNew.jpg (4032x2268, 3.32M)

>any fucking gun I want
[x] doubt

No. The milsurp dried up and now ARs are about as cheap and have cheaper mags and ammo than SKSs.

>Norinco M14 clones
>that weird chinese bullpup
>Type 86
That's about all I can think of off the top of my head. Other than that, there really isn't anything in Canada you can't get in the US.

That wasn't my point but ok

What gun can't we get in the US that makes it so bad to live here, as opposed to Canada?

>as opposed to Canada
There is no mention to Canada in

Only if you live in a commie state or city that bans them and actually want to follow the laws. The sks is legal in Chicago, for example.

Canada's shitty laws lead to cool, weird gun culture though. Canadian VZ-58 scene is similar to ARs and AKs for Americans. A Canadian company is making modernized AR-180s because of AR15 restrictions. Dominion Arms (China) designed a magfed 870 before Remington did just to sell to Canada. We can have SBRs and SBSs without the same hassle as Americans, and Manufacturers took advantage of that market. I'd rather have an AK and concealed carry, but we work with what we've got.

>Is there any reason to buy an SKS over an AR besides personal taste?

Not particularly, besides meme answers. Although an SKS is probably cooler and funner to shoot. ARs are just kind of boring.

As an SKS owner(Yugo 59/66) who does not own an AR, not really, It's huge, heavy, and less handy, much as I love it.

The only "advantages" I would give the SKS is that its probably a lot more rugged than an AR, being designed for use by soviet peasants and all. Also tangent to that its a better melee weapon, I have no doubt I could beat someone to death with my Yugo SKS without dealing damage to the gun.

But as for the usual/old milsurp arguments, they're no longer cheaper and the ammo is practically the same price as well, parts and mods are far less common and more of a hassle to integrate and the ability to "tune" an sks to a particular use is far far below that of the AR platform.

A note at the end, Certain(older, euro) patterns of SKSs are safer from gun bans than ARs due to the fact that as designed and manufactured they do not have and cannot accept a detachable magazine, and as a result are not touched by most gun bans despite being nearly as effective. New Yorks "Safe act" does not touch the Integral mag pattern SKS. Stripper clips are pretty fast, even if they're not as secure as proper mags. You can find top loader, fixed mag, ban cucked ARs these days but they don't feed from stripper clips.

Attached: SKS.jpg (4297x1691, 1022K)

yeah but we get the full 10 rounds boy

Just buy both.
A basic bitch ar is $700, or even lower if you try.
The problem is the SKS. You can find one for $300~ or even lower if you have great patience and luck, but you shouldn't break $1000 with both unless you start spending on the AR.

Attached: nlong.jpg (1361x1661, 770K)

>canucks making modern AR-180s
I swear to God I'm gonna start smuggling guns jfc

Fuck off Ricky.

Your $150 upper had a chromelined barrel? If not, don't talk about milspec.

If anything it's that much more impressive that a bottom-of-the-barrel frankenrifle has run that well that long.

SVT 40

Sks' have a few uses: C&R eligible for most, cuck state friendly, makes a ok deer rifle and is less visually panic inducing to sheep because it is not a scary black rifle.

I have always thought of the SKS as the Comblock M1 Garand. I bought my first one a real soviet for $99

>tfw poorfag and Norinco SKS was $100 cheaper than a S&W M&P Sport

Attached: 1544734686602.jpg (474x700, 48K)

There is nothing more aesthetic than an AR

>Everyone saying you can use the sks as an effective club

But it has an integral bayonet, no?

fixed bayonet
grenade launcher
ban proof
no anti-gun stigma
personally I like using stripper clips/loading the bullets in one at a time.

t. plastic paddies

As someone from Cork seeing American LARPers like this is cringey as fuck

It makes me laugh that Free Staters are so cucked any show of enthusiasm for Irish nationalism makes them mad.

Attached: 10346454_2ade4b82d2_b.jpg (1024x733, 284K)

Canada also has the civilian polymer version of the MP-443

Seen a guy walking around with a damn PIAT before, though that technically isn't a gun.

Damn, that's cheap. How much do your 30 rounders cost?

>slightly cheaper
>half the capacity
whoa