FFL Transfer

If I order a gun online and have it sent to my LGS what happens if when I go to pick it up it isn't as described or is damaged. Can I just tell the gun shop owner I don't want to accept it and for him to deal with it or do I still have the pay for the transfer fee?

Attached: 383895929.jpg (628x472, 78K)

Depends on where you bought the gun online, if they have an inspection, then you will decline to do the transfer and instead contact the seller and start the return process.

Anyone know what's going on with Buds? ordered a gun on the 29th, still hasn't shipped. Everything else on the order shipped though no problem.

Did you pay by e-check?

I paid, Debit. Payment went through, and it's even USAA.

is this just a hypothetical or has something actually happened?

usually when you buy it online they offer insurance for things like this

You are responsible for dealing with it, you would have to contact the seller and depending on the issue would have to pay their restocking fee if it was stated in the terms.

I don't know anything about Bud's specifically, but I would expect delays this time of year due to the holidays. Everything is slow: the post office is/was backed up from the holiday rush. Employees were out burning vacation time. People came in late from new year's hung over, etc. Be patient this time of year. Everything runs slow.

....or just call Bud's and ask them.

>then you will decline to do the transfer and instead contact the seller and start the return process.

That. You inspect the gun. If the gun isn't what you ordered then you state that it was not as described, take photos to document the problem, and refuse to take delivery of the firearm.

If the gun was damaged during transit then that's what insurance is for. If the gun wasn't accurately described then you take it up with the seller.

Best advice for this is to always use a credit card when you shop online. Even if the merchant does not accept returns the credit card company will always cover your ass. You contact the credit card company, state that you bought a product but it was not as advertised, and that you then contacted the merchant for a refund. If the merchant does not agree to a refund then the CC company will force it. This is called a "Chargeback", and is one of the few benefits which CCs have by law.

you aren't gonna get your gun for awhile dude they sent it to Hickok to do a video on sorry that's their policy

Attached: 1546350337102.png (402x420, 169K)

>>restocking fee
You pay the restocking fee if you happen to not like the gun. It's there if you "change your mind" or "decide you don't like it".

If the gun was not as advertised then that is a case of either a mistake or fraud on part of the seller, and you should NOT be paying a restocking fee for something that is the seller's fault.

>but it's the holidays
Doesn't fly with the other 3 products got here a week ago.

Well, why don't you call them and ask?

I'm honestly puzzled as to why you haven't. It's not like a bunch of random anons can magically help you. Put down the social anxiety. Pick up the telephone and call Bud's customer service.

Absolutely, but the "not as described" claim will have to be resolved. If the buyer read it wrong then the fault is his.

I messaged them a few days ago and they told me 3-7 business days. Today would be the 7th day.

>and it's even USAA
You are quite a fudd. It doesn't matter what bank the payment goes through and Buds sure isn't going to give a fuck what bank you made a payment with as long as the payment went through. You should call them thought, something is wrong.

call them tomorrow then, the window is always the end of business on the final day of the window.

What part of TELEPHONE are you not understanding?

It's easy to feed someone standard bullshit in an Email message. It's much harder to do that over the phone. Call and ask. Telephone gets much better results than an Email. Just be polite, but firm:
>I placed order number XYZ back on the Nth. I haven't received my order yet. I emailed Bud's and the reply told me it should have shipped by now, but it still hasn't. I was hoping someone could give me the tracking number for my order.

this.

>If the buyer read it wrong then the fault is his.
Yes, agreed.

If the buyer read it wrong then he pays up the restocking fee. If the seller made a mistake then that's on them.

Refuse to accept it. Tell him to send it back.

>that's what insurance is for
And I highly recommend it
Pic related was my draco when I picked it up

Attached: 20180313_131940.jpg (4032x3024, 3.1M)

Fucking auto rotate. You get the idea.