Why doesn't the military use hollow points?

Why doesn't the military use hollow points?

Attached: 1546917414054.gif (475x332, 1.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Petersburg_Declaration_of_1868
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hague_Conventions_of_1899_and_1907
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because anti gun nations see it as cruel and unusual. Like germany thought of shotguns in ww1. So they dont want an arms race of cruel and unusual arms.

Guerrilla warfare

Now sauce

Attached: bulge.jpg (799x739, 84K)

Geneva conventions

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Petersburg_Declaration_of_1868

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hague_Conventions_of_1899_and_1907

And OP should gas himself for posting that image.

This, plus theyre shit at armor pen

Why?
the whole point of war is to destroy your enemy and take their lands/women.

Deals with the treatment of prisoners.
It never mentions arms and ammunition.

Attached: ians_forgotten_weapon.jpg (551x613, 40K)

Why risk having to deal with cruelly and unusally armed allies?

The Hague Conventio- ok seriously, sauce?

They do it was America that didn't sign the GC so I don't know why people keep say that. In most cases our military only uses Ball ammo I think for penetration reasons but I have heard of some SF units having hollows in pistols and rifles also I know for a fact units during WW1 and 2 turning bullets around.

A 5.56 FMJ causes decent damage due to speed and HST but has much less of a chance of killing

An injured enemy combatant costs their forces MUCH more in time and resources

I personally think that hollow points have advanced so much in the past 100 years that it should be in the military's interest to run tests with them.
Theyve already tried grenade launching rifles.

Correct
Hague Convention of 1899, Declaration 3

Yeah imma need a JAV code.

Body armor

>Using an image more interesting than your topic
You fool!

I'm pretty sure that was intentional

Sauce now

Fucking sauce

You know the drill

Attached: c71731c2-d719-488e-b120-e3a11a314dd2_1.a3808bb3d1ed134b95a9294a39a4e4ad.jpg (500x500, 63K)

>hehehe I posted a bait picture with a one line discussion prompt!
GTFO

Attached: 0109191603_HDR.jpg (4160x2080, 921K)

I always figured it was like gas, where it was such a nightmare for every commander to deal with they were like fuck it. Imagine every 5th bullet or w/e being a plastic or ceramic hollowpoint.

Sure you might balloon the support structure of your enemy so much they collapse, but then you've got tens of thousands of injured with undetectable shrapnel in them too. Maybe you win the next war and the one after that. Then you go to fight a fresh opponent and oh shit, you're spending as much manpower looking after your wounded as supporting your dudes.

Complaining about shotguns in a gas war was pretty nearsighted though, not gonna lie.

>Why doesn't the military use [thing]?
Logistical cost/benefit. The answer to this question is ALWAYS always logistical cost/benefit (excepting of course the niche issue of bias/corruption in awarding military contracts).