I bought a hex receiver mosin for 250. Roast me

I bought a hex receiver mosin for 250. Roast me

Attached: IMG_20190110_133229.jpg (1920x2560, 1.54M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/B2SyN6m39x4?t=746
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not bad, did you check under the barrel?

enjoy a shitty 6 MOA rifle with ammunition more expensive than 308 steel, impossible to adjust (horizontally) sights, and fills no real niche that a nice yugo mauser couldn't have.

It's OK user; I bought my first Mosin for $250 back in 2012.
>pic related

Attached: Moisin.jpg (1024x768, 474K)

Shit I'm retarded, I hope they sell those online

>6 moa
damn nigger you suck dick at shooting lmao

a thread died for this.

On average with surplus ammo the Mosin hits around 4-6 moa depending on the shape of the rifling and throat erosion. Which is par for most WWII standard infantry rifles lying a bit on the outside of the spectrum. With proper handloads and absolutely detestable though easily convertible aftermarket stocks the mosin can reach 2 moa groupings.

>any of this
If your mom hadn't farted after getting buttfucked I wouldn't have to read this post.

Seems to be around the going price nowadays. Definitely a fun rifle, kicks like a mule and doesn't fail. Have fun with it.

I got one from Cabelas for cheap. Ever since Bass Pro bought em, shit got cheaper. Downside is its covered in rust on everything other than the barrel and receiver. Any reccs for removing/restoring?

Is there any spray for removing cosmolene or do I just use a napkin and rub really hard?

Fine steel wool, light circular patterns with a heavy oil like 3-in-1. Then just brush the inside of the barrel while interchanging wipes every 5 rounds or so. Once your patches start coming out light gray you're good to go. The finish on the inside of the barrel makes it so that your patches will never truly come out clean until you remove the finish. For storage I'd suggest using a heavier protectant that isn't a majority of mineral oil but don't get it so wet it can pool in crevices.

Leave it in the sun for an hour or two then use some paper towels and elbow grease. Mineral oil also helps.

3 in one oil and some metal wool and scrubbing
I found either heat and rubbing, or mineral spirits work well in getting it off

youtu.be/B2SyN6m39x4?t=746
I would personally avoid using steel wool. This will yield better results. They talk about the negatives of steel wool earlier in the video. This will also remove any cosmoline.

Lmao. I recently sold my '43 nugget and literally only shot wolf steelcase out of it and got sub 2 MOA freehand.

Not OP, but would a 91/30 make a decent hunting rifle if it's all I had?

My buddy wants me to come hunting with him, but all I have is a Finn-captured 91/30

.30 cal is perfectly fine for whitetail hunting, just make sure you buy soft tip ammo. It can usually be found on the shelf at most sporting goods stores.

Just bought a matching one with bayonet, sling, ammo pouch, cleaning kit, and 440rds for $500. Roast me. OP is fag.

thats finnish shit, you did damn good mate. m27s are expensive as fuck now.

wrong time stamp go to 12:25