Handgun General - /hg/ - #241

Handgun General
not quite right edition

Pastebin:
>pastebin.com/gs6mLNik

Guide:
>scribd.com/document/382993265/gitgud-1-rev2-1

last bread:

Attached: 6d44391349540923189f5e2c9158d109b1de49e0-2.jpg (770x549, 62K)

Attached: 1547167186588.jpg (650x418, 16K)

Attached: 1533430207621.jpg (640x480, 62K)

Attached: 1533444794344.jpg (640x640, 68K)

Attached: wqdqw.jpg (960x720, 361K)

Attached: 1538620801234.jpg (501x682, 38K)

From the thumbnail I though that was a C97 with down syndrome.

>Glock 19 seems to universally hated
>Steyr c9 a1 isn't ambi
>Walther PPQ is ugly as shit
>Everything else has the bore axis or a shoulder mounted rocket launcher and cant be fired quickly
I guess I'll just stick to rifles

Attached: best-concealed-carry-glocks.jpg (810x503, 96K)

Cool opinions bro, post them again.

I need to get my P-01 omega on a trigger gauge, but it sure feels to me like the double action is getting heavier as it breaks in. The single action has broken in nicely, and feels like its sitting right at 3lbs, but the double action is definitely heavier than a J frame and stacks really hard right before it breaks. It sounds like a spring is grinding or squeaking as the hammer cocks. I’ve lubricated the trigger spring, trigger bar, and hammer spring. Is there anything else I should be looking at or am I gonna have to cajunize this thing to get a decent double action on it?

>bore axis meme
I love it when idiots admit they know nothing.

Find a world class shooter shooting a gun with a high bore axis that doesnt have a compensator that costs as much as a car stuck to it

What is 1911 or Cz75

>world class shooter
I'm not familiar with the ecelebs you worship.

Cool. So your expierence is you and your pals plinking beer cans. You are like a guy who drunk wrestles his friends in the basement commenting on UFC fighter techniques.

Lenna Miculek.

Also, you're a limp wristed faggot.

So you think the only ways you can have firearms experience are through plinking or gamey shooting competitions for ecelebs? Do you complain when pistols sprung for 9mm NATO don't cycle your extra light game loads? That really lets me know how knowledgeable you are lmao. Tell is why you think you're qualified at all to talk about handgun characteristics.

Different user. An STI has higher bore a is than a Glock 34, and they dominate limited.

But that's a moot point. We're not world class shooters. Bore axos isn't why our split times suck.

She actually proves my point. Her spits are absolute trash and she even admits it. Her overall times are good because she makes good reloads and transitions, not because of her splits.

They dominate limited and open because people game major/minor scoring in the meta. No one uses 1911s in production.

If Glock made an all steel handgun guaranteed it would dominate.

if your mother had 2 wheels shed be a bike

Bore axis isnt the only thing, but it certainly isnt nothing. CZs and STIs are steel and heavy as a tank. Obviously they will have more manageable recoil. Now imagine if they also had a low bore axis...

Glock is never going to make an all metal handgun as long as G. Glock is still alive. Also, I think you're ignoring how many people carry stupidly light SAO triggers in compwtition.

>Now imagine if they also had a low bore axis...
Sure, but considering CZ dominates production right now with 1/3 guns at nationals, bore axis is clearly not the issue with those guns.

Guys starting out who refuse to even look at 75s, 226s, or any other pistol just because of bore axis remind me of the guys just getting into weights who obsess that their bar must have flex.

Is sub-compact the worst meme of all time. Literally everyone argues that normal compacts like the G19 or PPQ are "too big to carry", despite the fact people have been making them their go to ccws for forever. Somehow gun makers have convinced everyone to throw their excellent carry guns away and spend just as much on new single stacks that shoot like shit and have barely enough capacity to stop a toddler

the cajunized DA pull is fucking sex and you should definitely do it.

single stacks are a meme. doublstack subs have their place for better concealment with formal wear. but yeah if you aren't edcing a compact at least you fell for the meme hard.
>inb4 some one with a shitty belt and holster at 4:00 tries to say they can't carry anything bigger than a g43

>Formal wear
If you are wearing a jacket you can owb carry. Its easier to carry imo.

I live down in FL so even if a jacket is part of your outfit itll have to come off at some point if you don't want to sweat. I usually aiwb under a very light sweater over a thin dress shirt. I can also aiwb my rami in swim trunks with the holster I have for it. my compact's capacity weighs it down too much to do that. obviously these are rare occasions and 99 times out of 100 I carry my compact with a spare mag

please fuck off

b-but i poop from there...

Attached: IMG_20181222_055446.jpg (1731x1298, 575K)

That's some sexy shit.

Regarding hammer fired SAO pistols, would it be possible to get around requiring a manual safety by just using a transfer bar as you'd see in a revolver? You'd want a long take up on the trigger pull for holstering or drawing, but the reset itself could still be short.

If so, has there been a pistol that's pulled this off? I know the LEM trigger had an end result for the user that was similar but with a longer resst than a lot of people liked in the p2000 and p30. The two hammer setup looks complicated as well.

why don't you just TRAIN to be better at DA so you don't have to fantasize about stupid meme triggers.

Needs a bayonet, totally useless in combat otherwise.

That's always a valid OPTION. I'm just wondering if anyone's made one for competition so the SAO varients don't require a manual safety.

No business that intends to sell in the cesspit of liability litigation that is the United States will release a SAO competition gun with no safety.

PEOPLE WAY OVER EXAGGERATE THE RESET ON A LEM, IT'S THE EXACT SAME AS THE TDA ON THE P2K OR P30

As a younglad getting into funs, I want to know is it worth it to carry? Is it a hassle to go out or do you find yourself feeling as if it isn't that much of an inconvenience?

Attached: 20160108_152829.jpg (1600x900, 110K)

If you carry with a quality purpose made belt and a good holster and mag carrier, its less uncomfortable than having shit in your pockets. I drive, sit, build and install cabinets comfortably with a decent sized gun every day. I'm a manlet as well. Your safety is your personal responsibility and I believe carrying a gun is a part of that.

So it's horrible

You've never even handled one.

Calm down, friend. I own an LEM gun. It's fine. I've short stroked it before, but you can fix that with training. Just saying, it's not as nice as some other SAO pistols.

o rly.jpg

Attached: p30sk.jpg (756x1008, 392K)

AIM has S&W 910/915s for about $300 right now. I've always wanted a S&W auto but I've heard mixed things about these. Anyone have opinions on them?

>just bought a hi power magazine at a pawn shop for $8
>they had no clue what gun it goes to
>I don't even own a hi power

>thinks a P30 reset isn't horrible
m8 sounds like you've never handled one

P30 reset is middle-tier audible and tactile unlike a lot of other guns that could be ranked worse with a mystery reset (or worse, a double-reset like the Ruger LCP), but the length of reset on a P30 is basically the entire length of travel the trigger can physically accomplish in single action, luscious hand model vid related. It's a mechanical miracle that HK managed to get the reset so long.

Attached: p30 reset.webm (530x298, 2.98M)

You have that jewish walther p99 clone right? What do you think of it

I'm not saying people should buy the da/sa in a p30, but show the stock 92fs and CZ75 SA reset for comparison.

looks like there's some creep in the break, compared to the p99, as well.

This still accurate?

Attached: 1532569273664m.jpg (1024x929, 194K)

It’s almost as if people have different body sizes, concealment needs, and clothing choices (dictated by climate and career).

Did you not just see Burt's video on the p30? Get that shit off there.

I've never known anyone that owned or liked Springfield XDs

The only acceptable H&K triggers in current production can be found on the USP, Mk23, and VP9. Everything else is shit

>USP
>acceptable
only the match on the Expert or Elite, or Tactical if you change some springs

Get rid of the HK P30, and the Springfield XD.

>P30
>VP9
Pretty good bait. Some people will fall for it

No, so what should replace it?

Alright, got anything to add?

it's a bit old

Vp9 a good boy.

Attached: 0704180918~2-1.jpg (3089x1619, 2.18M)

While a fucking G2 is a better gun than that shit, I still wouldn't recommend a Taurus on anyone.

I dunno, put the Rex Zero 1 in there.

It's fine. As long as you get a gun from a reputable manufacturer training and practice trumps intricacies debated by autists that don't even shoot their own guns.

3rd row all the way to the right

Should i throw the delta there too for maximum memes :D

I'm a little curious why there isn't a Sig 226 on there but the 2022 made the cut.

Yeah i think thats what this started as was an answer to "what handgun should i get"
Pick one on the list, find what you like best, if you need a ccw or a different caliber, most have a derivative that works

Just want to see if there should be any updates

No idea, i didnt make it

Good point, 226's are typically held in good regards

I don't have those exactly for a video side by side but here's a semi-CGW P-01 and a copsurp 92S. Sorry I misframed it. The CZ75 also has a longish reset but I think the P30 tops it for length.

This is all super nitpicky though, the P30 is a great gun and the trigger including the reset is perfectly usable outside a competition environment, I'm just contesting user's defense of the P30 reset, it wasn't my intent for this to balloon into a crucifixion of everything that isn't a P99 trigger.

This is all just a critique of only one aspect of only one gun.

The Magnum Research? That's American and German bub! Walther makes 90% of the parts in Germany, ships them to the US where MR mills the slide and barrel and sticks them in the German skin.

There is but I don't begrudge the P30 for it's creep because lots of guns in the same "duty" category have creep too, like glocks and Berettas and CZs and in some cases like the Sig P226 creep actually feels great. The P99 is an exceptional gun, trigger-wise, and really is a cut above most everything else. It's kind of unfair to even put it in there but I wanted to show what a quantifiably *good* trigger looked like.

Looks fine to me, but people are DEFINITELY going to shit on the M&P and XD, both unjustifiably so I think.

Reset length and creepy break aside, the P30 is a GREAT gun imo. Just a little overpriced I think, but great, excellent ergonomics and controls, very accurate and soft shooting. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it for a second.

Don't just listen to me or one user though, if it's supposed to be a Jow Forums recommended thing then get a bunch of opinions over a period of time.

Because people fell for the nusig is shit meme and instead of condemning individual products they put the whole brand in the toilet without good reason.

This 100%, do not base a purchase on one person's online sperging

Attached: p01 p30 92s.webm (533x400, 2.02M)

>The Magnum Research
That's the one. I thought the slide or barrel was Israeli. So how do you like it?

Oh, forgot that part lol

It's great! It's literally a P99 for $200 less. Same trigger, same ergonomics, same mags, slightly different aesthetic and a different slide material. The only problem I ever had with the MR9 specifically was a weird trigger issue where it would pop back into double action if the trigger was pushed sideways. Very odd, but MR prepaid shipping both ways and fixed it quickly, that issue never happened again after.

I do have some general critiques about the P99 family though, which includes the MR9. The grip texture straight out of 1994 is much less grippy than the competition of the era, like the USP and Glock. MR did not improve that but Walther did on the PPQ. And this is SUPER nitpicky but the P99/MR9 compared to some other guns does have a little more recoil, even in 9mm. It's almost not noticeable side by side though. And finally, some people do not like the three trigger modes (but I love them). It's DA and SA as normal but there is also a longer single action mode called Anti Stress, which is light like SA (5lbs) but long like a DA (full trigger travel). This mode can be ignored or circumvented, but it's there.

Attached: sweet glocks.jpg (1600x1067, 623K)

>lots of guns in the same "duty" category have creep too
Don't get me started on this again.

Please do. I'm all for making HK fanboys shriek about how their 10 year out of date pistols belong in any store today.

I'd really rather not I'm already berating people about single stacks in like 2 other threads.
>tldr duty triggers are shit and using the word duty to describe a gun doesn't excuse this. If CZ, Beretta, and walther can make plastic guns with great triggers THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR EVERYONE ELSE.

there you go, champ. you can cap this if you want for later posting.

That's because 1911s are SAO

so is almost every striker gun lol dumbass

USP triggers are gritty garbage

> Staple gun trigger in a glock
> SAO
Nah, man. Nah. It's not even fully pre-cocked. Walther's and HK's are better, but STI's are in the 5lbs range, and some custom shit is around 3lbs.

y... Yoona?!

lol

still better than a VP9

For any of you anons who have a Beretta 92, I have a request--could you post a picture of your barrel crowns? I picked one up the other day and it looks like it was cut by someone at Century Arms. It's very visibly nonconcentric.

>Story time
Once upon a time, everyone on Jow Forums shot like niggers and blamed their equipment.
They had every excuse and insilt at the ready, convinced they were being shorted when they were in fact just shitty shots.
None of them ever participated in DOTM or posted groups and they bitched and bitched until the end of time about how it was all the guns fault.
The end.

Attached: IMG_20180902_052541_429.jpg (3024x2710, 1.33M)

Gaston Glock made his empire with his plastic gats. Why the fuck would the company move to metal?

Post more DOTM threads then

Attached: 20180804_175906.jpg (3264x2448, 1.94M)

because it's running off brand recognition nowadays

there's one up right now dickhead

>buying an hk

> Not buying an HK

>everyone on Jow Forums shot...
no one on Jow Forums shoots.

H-hey
>smokes joint
You guys
>finishes last slice of second Little Caesar’s HotnReady Large Classic Pepparoni Pizza
Wait
>commences heavy breathing
You guys should
>Chugs Coke from a 2 liter
post groups
>passes out from the sharpie fumes coming from the writing on his “25 yard groups” he shot at 5 yards

Anyone want to talk me out of an FNS 9C for a carry gun? I'm left-handed so I like the ambicontrols. I also like the manual safety so I don't shoot my dick off.

>PPQ is ugly as shit
Yes this absolutely true

no aftermarket. safeties are a meme; its a gun, just be careful.

got eeeem

No, theyre good guns
Protip: replace ALL the flat mag baseplates with the pinky extension ones

Attached: 20180221_220246.png (1920x1080, 2.92M)

Pretty sure FN is dropping support of the FNS series after the 509
Also their warranty blows - they flat out do not stand behind their product

>now this subcompact is the size of a Glock 19
FLAWLESS VICTORY

Get a longboi for kicks
But also this Lol goys
>Shitposts
Just.. just
>Makes up excuses to not shoot
Don't get better right?

Attached: Screenshot_20180928-080058_Firefox.jpg (1440x2960, 775K)

Is there any way to improve reliability of a handgun? My Star BM is very picky with ammo. It feeds Remington 115g FMJ relatively well, with an observed average failure rate of approximately 1/120. Federal, Winchester, and several other brands experience a failure rate around 1/8-1/20 rounds. The failures are almost all FTEs where the extractor will not remain engaged with the casing. Failure rate is not dependent on how clean the chamber/feed ramp/slide is; first magazine of the session or the last, the rate is the same. The extractor is sharp, has been cleaned, and the pivot has been lightly lubricated. All rounds will extract normally if loaded and the slide actuated manually without firing.

>inb4 you get what you pay for
When it works it’s a great pistol and a great beater gun, but I’d like to improve the reliability if I take it hiking or whatever.

Attached: C149244F-5C66-4A3E-8531-A2DFAD89079E.jpg (750x1000, 201K)