Is the M&P 2.0 9mm a meme or nah?

Is the M&P 2.0 9mm a meme or nah?

Thinking about getting either this one or the black one.

Thoughts Jow Forums?

Attached: 73BD6043-5892-4DED-AFF1-781C6E439244.jpg (500x388, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

smith-wesson.com/thank-you-for-your-service
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>is x a meme

Fuck off

>on second thought FDE is actually a meme
Thread value restored

Great post

Are memes meems memes memes?

Great insight here guys

M&P is made of cast iron. They worse than taurus tier.

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMS

I can’t figure out why anyone would want an M&P. They are junky pistols with shitty triggers that have nothing over their competitors.

Grabagun had them super cheap over Christmas, so I have to wonder what's wrong with them. Everything I've heard had been positive, and apart from this thread I've never heard anything bad.
Personally I don't buy from Smith and Wesson because I think they are overpriced for what you get compared to Ruger, but I can't really say that a security 9 would be better. Cheaper, yes, but not better. You'd have to try the trigger. That would be the only way I could decide.

Everything in 9mm is a meme but the S&W is definitely a better gun than the Glock so it’s better.

remember when the M@P, glock and XDE series were all going head to head with each other a few years ago?
Well glock won again, but the M@P is a very close second. If they used a glock safe action trigger like every striker fired gun should have, it probably would have done even better. It still doesnt have the aftermarket that glock has, but its going against decades of it ruling the market.
My final verdict, its still on of the better modern pistols from a refutable company that has comeout in recent years and will probably stick around from now on, unlike some others. If you want something like a glock but different and even improved in some ways that its my recommendation

XDMs are better than Glocks though...

>needs a tool to disassemble
disregarded

....to field strip no.

they are not cast iron

Love my FDE long slide. Only 300 rounds through it so far, but no jams, great trigger, and god tier stippling. Pretty damn good for a gun I got for 350 dollars after the rebate. A stippled glock would be better imo. But thatd be over twice the price after the stippling costs.

I would guess price would be a factor.
For me though, I like the m&p shield's profile especially since I'm a manlet skelly needing a ccw.

The 2.0 trigger is actually excellent

>great trigger
Lmaoing at ur life rn please stop posting here

The 2.0 trigger is great. Much better than a glock trigger. Feels like a slightly heavier and crisper VP9 trigger.

OP here: I just went out and shot pic related and a Glock 19 today and I just liked this more.

I’m not looking to CCW. I just want a handgun I can shoot and more so just have around the house for home protection.

Antimeme. They're unironicly great.

I've got 2. It's still not up to the build quality of the g19 (but then again, what is) but the ergos are fantastic, and the gen 2 trigger is a huge improvement. The apex trigger makes it an excellent shooter, and I would reccomend it, but the Glock is still the better built pistol.

It's an excellent gun at the range.

Yeah I shot it at a range today. Really liked it. Just gotta figure out where to buy it.

Guess I’m gonna have to shop around

It's actually one of the best poly striker 9s on the market at the moment. Even glock lags behind them a bit in everything but sheer aftermarket.

Attached: IMG_20181231_153911120.jpg (4000x3000, 2.48M)

The 2.0's are fantastic as well as the M&P Shield both og and 2.0.

Attached: 20190111_170437.jpg (4032x3024, 3.32M)

The 2.0 is a VAST improvement. I got it as my duty weapon not too long ago and I was worried, but after a couple thousand rounds I greatly prefer it to my old G17 or my 229 (which is my EDC).

S&W did something unheard of and not only solicited opinions but LISTENED to them.

Just curious since you actually have a few thousand rounds through it. What size is it, standard compact or longslide? How many jams have you had? How often do you clean it?
Wondering how mine will hold up since it only has 300 rounds thru it

>S&W did something unheard of and not only solicited opinions but LISTENED to them.
This 100%

Thanks for the input dudes. You just helped me make up my mind

Now, what kind of sights/addons would Jow Forums deem essential?

Flashlight if thats your thing. If you like 3 dot sights, the stock sights are plenty good. Otherwise go for whatever night sights, fiber optic sights, or adjustable target sights tickle your fancy.

M&p is a good gun, but for a carry gun I'd go Glock 19 or sig p320

Just grabbed this.
The Apex trigger is pretty much mandatory. I would also highly reccomend a weapon light. I'm pretty partial to the TLR-1 HL.

Attached: Screenshot_20190107-001217_Chrome.jpg (720x1480, 262K)

pros
>solid steel subframe to prevent WML issues like the ones that STILL plague .40 S&W glocks
>M&P line is arguably the second most common and most respected LEO handgun line in the country
>OK quality steel night sights from the factory
>fixed auto forward issue of M&P 1.0
>fixed accuracy issues of M&P9 1.0
>non proprietary rail
>interchangeable back straps that chang LOP and girth to better fill your hand unlike some guns
>quality safety if that's your thing
>magwell cut outs on the side of the gun instead of the front
>steel magazines
>actual drop free magazines
>better trigger than M&P 1.0, IMO in between glock and the newer striker fired guns like the VP9, PPQ, etc.
>extremely well priced
>top tier grippy texture
>lower felt recoil than most other strike fired guns(glock included)
Cons
>some people think grip texture is too aggressive
>thumb safety could be heavier and more tactile, it isn't as good as a quality 1911 for instance but that is asking a lot.
>trigger reset should be more audible and tactile
>slightly heavier than some competitors
Its less of a meme than glock is. Honestly the only thing that i personally can knock it on is the trigger reset, but i really like a strong reset on my guns.

I shot one and fell in love. It shoots way above it's price point. Comfy little gun, too.

How the fuck are they junky? They're great, reliable, and the stock triggers are far better than other guns in their price range, or above.

Wait, I'm referring to the 2.0. Have you shot a 2.0?

>The Apex trigger is pretty much mandatory
On Gen 1 M&Ps I agree. The M2.0 actually has a great trigger. Apex is better, but only by so much.

Personally:
>night sights, which one is up to preference but personally i like ameriglo and truglo
>trigger: Apex duty for the model without safety, with safety id probably go with the flat face version
>WML: necessity for an HD gun

Like everything else in the M&P line, the first generation is garbage and low quality. They step it up for the second generation and those who give it a chance like it but that preconceived notion is still there. Maybe if they hadn't tanked their original line so hard, people wouldn't think all their guns are shit.

It's FAR superior. The flat trigger especially.

>2 months too late for those literally sub $300 M&P deals

Attached: anger.jpg (372x268, 15K)

I shot one with and without the Apex. There was barely a difference and if the triggers were shaped exactly the same, I doubt I would have been able to tell.

M&P are cheap knockoff glocks especially the 2.0. Don't know where all these shills come from. Smith should never have gave up the gen 3 autos which are the only good pistols they have ever made. If you think M&P are good you have very minimal or zero experience with decent auto pistols.

I carry one for duty shot over 10,000 rounds with it and had no issues. The trigger is kinda meh but then again I would consider glock sights pretty meh too so no matter what you could be looking at swapping a single part.

Troll harder. They actually put effort into them this time. They aren't perfect but they are a far better gun than the Gen 1s.

If this were the 1.0s I'd 100% agree.

Hmmm I guess a trigger.

The flashlight looks neat too.

I want the safety version. Idk why, call me gay but I like having one. Don’t know why.

I own both, and the m&p is better.
If you can't tell the difference in 30% pull weight and 40% travel length I'm not sure what to tell you.

I don't get the fascination with FDE.

Then buy a safety one and a quality light. If it's more of a duty gun you can skip the trigger, I dont think it matters a ton in practical guns, but if it's more for the range get the apex flat.

The first Apex triggers they had for the 2.0s were not that much different.

>refutable company
Freudian slip?

If you have some contrary empirical data I'm all ears.

It's something that isn't black or grey.

Forgot to mention that the grip texture is pretty aggresive and if you plan to conceal you may have to smooth it out just a little with sand paper cause it rubs hard and it sticks to the inside of hoodies. Again its a small complaint glocks have the opposite problem most guys add grip tape or stipple it cause the grip is so smooth.

>What size is it
standard
>How many jams have you had?
None
>How often do you clean it?
After every time I shoot it. Each session is about 200 rounds.

I'm actually considering picking up a Shield 2.0

>handgun owning experience: p320, p229, USPc, g19 gen4, g23 gen4, multiple 1911s, M&P 1.0, cz 75, cz sp01, multiple revolvers, other shit
You're full of shit. M&P 2.0 is unironically one of the best striker fired guns on the market and at a killer price. I can understand it not being everyone's favorite, but acting like it's shit comes off as either shilling or some try hard noguns BS. Literally every hasguns person who's bothered to do a review on the thing agrees too.
Get the flashlight first, that's a straight utility thing. Put a couple thousand rounds through it and then think about changing the trigger if you really want to.
>I want the safety version. Idk why, call me gay but I like having one.
I know that feel. I mostly shoot 1911s for fun and dick carry when i CCW so the thumb safety makes a lot of sense in my mind

I wish green were more popular.

Post guns

>dox yourself for my amusement
Noty, also i've sold off all but 4-5 at this point. Not much of a collector.

>grip texture is too aggressive
I'm a baby hands fag. Does the grip texture sand down cleanly or would I be better off slapping some softer grip tape on top of it?
I want baby's first generic striker gun and I'm between a gen 5 Glock 19, M&P2.0c, VP9, and P10c.

Get a Shield EZ faggot ;)

I’m prolly not CCW.

I’m a freelance television producer and I’ve been in Georgia for a bout year now but am going back to Los Angeles (family reasons) in the spring. Since I can’t CCW in LA bc it’s a liberal shitfire, idk if it’s worth my money.

But the safety is more just if something happens, at least it’s something that could prevent a disaster

Haven't bothered sanding mine, i've been shooting a lot of thoroughly checkered VZ gripped 1911 lately and the texture feels really good to me so i probably won't bother unless it starts to cause irritation when carrying. Personally i'd probably go with the grip tape since it's removable if you change your mind or decide to sell it.

You can't buy an M&P 2.0 in commiefornia faggot.

Honestly I don't think an apex is necessary in the 2.0. I think it's definitely a must have in the 1.0 if you shoot to reset, but the 2.0 trigger is actually pretty awesome out of the box.

Attached: 00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20181216164529092_COVER.jpg (974x1298, 244K)

I'm not a reset shooter at all, but I love me some apex

Sanding down with high grit sand paper takes 5 min. Very simple process. Just get it and have fun you have your entire life to try and find "the one" so take your first step already and dont be afraid to try something new.

If he's moving into California he can bring in off roster handguns, I know because I'm a resident of CA.

Don't worry about it. I'm a complete pussy, and I can handle a wood grip exposed back strap 44 Magnum. Seriously if the stippling bothers you, see a doctor.

It's not pain jane black and most of the wars in the past 20 years have been in deserts, so brown has been chosen as the universal military color...not totally opposed to it, but I too like green personally a two tone of Magpul FDE and Magpul OD Green would be nicer.

As for the gun, I like the M&P 2.0 just wish it was CA legal. I'm not a glock hater, but I am positively bored with it and lately I've been collecting H&K polymer guns and metal 1911's

Besides a slightly less grainy trigger, what other differences are there between the M&P and M&P 2.0? Ones that you will actually notice, I mean. I can read technical specs.

I bought a MP Shield first gen as my edc before Xmas , did I do bad?

No you can't, they need to be on the roster and have reduced capacity magazines.
California is truly suffering.

Polymer is just cheaper, S&W wanted to arm police, and knew glock got big because of how affordable they were, a lot less machining. 915 tried to be a cheap 3rd gen s&w auto, little less machining. 910 was even more simplified to cut budget, and used polymer for the guide rod and I believe the sights. Fixed 10 round mags, barrel lug was removed since that's more machining for both the barrel and slide. Sad that the guns got progressively simplified and less refined, a glock clone was inevitable, but would have been cool if they made something akin to the p30 or cz p07 instead

Attached: dciB2WH.jpg (800x609, 143K)

It's not nearly as good as a 2.0, but it's still perfectly usable.

Yes you can, that's how people can get off roster handguns in CA via PPT. Or LEOs buy it for themselves and decide to sell it via PPT.

No. You did aight

any inclination if S&W will run another rebate?

Give it time. The usually do one near Christmas and 4th of July.

They have a current rebate promo for military personnel active or veteran. smith-wesson.com/thank-you-for-your-service

feels a little less slide heavy than the 1.0 and most other poly guns due to xbox huge steel subframe, most report the gun has less flip than other polymer striker guns presumably due to having more weight out towards the muzzle, grip texture is very sandpaper esq and provides purchase with wet/oily hands, improved backstraps with palm swell, safety is actually tactile and stays in place, trigger is waaay better in just about every way. Overall this gives the gun a much more thought out and "quality" feel compared to the 1.0

OP Here

Yes you can bring them. That’s the only reason I’d do it.

I had one, alone with an FN 509 and a Beretta APX. I only have the beretta still. Was better than the FN, tho.

Night sights, or fiber optic sights, or hybrid fiber optic-night like the TruGlo TFX

If you have to move to California, make a killing by buying gen 5 glocks, sig p320, and any hot new handgun that Californians can't get. You can get twice as much as msrp on PPT sales. Also don't let them know about your free state magazines, just buy one 10rd for "just in case", no one has ever checked for compliance bullshit but you never will know.

Just bc I’m currently t. no guns.... what’s a free state magazines

Not sure if bait or just retarded

Not a meme, actually aesthetic as fuck, and this is coming from someone who thought the original M&P was fugly. Definitely go for the black color scheme though.

Just a euphemism for magazines that are larger than 10rds, since 10rd magazine limit are in states like CA, NY etc.

magazines that haven't been limited in capacity by state laws

I would 100% recommend getting the model with a safety because if you ever change your mind, you can very easily remove it. Seriously takes about 5 min and S&W sells the frame plugs for about $15 shipped. A bit much if you ask me.

i use the safety on mine only for if the gun is off me, with the hope they're too retarded to to have any concept of manual of arms
i go with the safety for my glovebox gun

Ahhhh. Fuck that’s a damn good piece of info.

This is only board that has ever given me any decent advice

Oh I didn’t know that. I’m going to a sporting goods store tomorrow to
Learn more.

Checked and thank you friend

Thank you familia

It's a mushy piece of shit and the first thing that people upgrade on the gun.

The 2.0 is like a Civic: Buy one, shut the fuck up.

Pic related, I love this fucking thing, Works flawlessly, and it's my EDC CCW. Trust my life with it.

Attached: 20190111_203725 - Copy.jpg (1992x1121, 701K)

That quilt looks comfy user. Also nice gun.

why is 9mm a meme? the the round that does everything all around and its the cheapest. no reason to go with anything else unless you just collect guns.

my s&w m2.0 compact had light primer strikes once or twice every magazine with steel cased ammo even after i put a heavier striker spring in it. sold it and got a glock 19 and havent had any problems over 4-5k rounds

>Antimeme
This.