Is pic related suitable for lubricating guns?

Is pic related suitable for lubricating guns?

Attached: 3 in one.jpg (554x561, 61K)

Yes for the 3,000th time this week.

I always use bearing grease for lube, unless it’s blackpowder then I use 50/50 beeswax and olive oil.

it's a simple machine use vegetable oil if you want, unless you are using something harmful to plastics it doesn't really make a difference

really any auto oil works fine for guns, especially high mileage formulas

Motor oil is full of additives, many of which are probably toxic. That is one reason mechanics wear gloves when working on cars.

Fucking please you NEET, if motor oil was toxic all the mechanics would be dying at 30, if you're doing real mechanic work you're gonna get oil all over you. Motor oil is only known to cause respiratory infections if you get it in your lungs.

Motor oil often contains benzene, which has been a known carcinogen since the '40s.

Yes. Upboated

Lead is toxic to humans. Cleaning solvents are toxic, too. What’s your point?

Mechanic here. 35 years old, can confirm dead inside for at least 5 years.

Damn near everything is known to cause cancer by the State of California, doesn't mean it will.

My point is you probably shouldn't be handling motor oil. Lubricate your guns with an inert oil instead. Food grade mineral oil works.

I like this stuff coz my dad used it and the smell is nostalgic. It cleans well enough most of the time. Solvent when needed tho. Little bit of red wheel bearings grease on the rails.

The tests are flawed. California causes cancer.

Thank you for your service

The API has been warning us about benzene since long before proposal 65.
Some people like the citronella odor. I find it a bit overbearing myself, but I don't notice it outdoors.

>the smell is nostalgic
the main reason i use it

That’s fair. I’ve been working on diesel and gas engines since I was a kid. I guess carcinogenic properties were never something I’ve considered. Worst thing I’ve had is Pennzoil turbo 10W30 smell like acid and hate after burning off my AR BCG.

Clean motor oil is one thing, but used oil has all kinds of nasty gasoline residue, including heavy metals. It's really best to wear gloves when working on your car. A $10 box of disposable rubber gloves could save you hundreds of thousands in cancer treatment.

>That is one reason mechanics wear gloves when working on cars.
lol no

I'm a mechanic. I wear gloves so I don't get oil on customers cars because I'm not a cunt. The other reason I wear gloves is because I don't want to constantly wash my hands. Oil, particularly cutting oil, is one of the best things for cuts I've ever seen. It works better than literally anything over the counter you can get. I probably have cancer from putting it on open wounds, but whatevs. I don't wear gloves because of the toxins in used oil.

Maybe actually take the time to read an SDS.

It works, but it stinks to high heaven.

Hi temp bearing grease is the best