Is this legit???

is this legit???

Attached: 1547245017937.png (1558x1436, 516K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ljMPafQpfDU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's the law.

Yup.

The atf are dumb niggers, news at 11.

www.atf.gov
Go forth and learn for yourself.

Legit? Yes.
Retarded? Yes.

where?

In the United States, as per the 1934 NFA

We should all be happy that they're dumb niggers who don't regulate the pressure bearing components of guns.

jeez. this isn't like my video games at all!

Is posting these nuances in the OP really doing much for the cause? Because I always thought an anti-gun person can easily be like
>sure that doesn't look like a pistol, it's a rifle...lets ban those too.
It's like these loopholes work in our favor, and pointing out that these loopholes exist also works in favor of getting rid of them. Idek if i'm making sense.

DiFi's new bill address that. Pistol braces will be verboten, as well as adjustable stocks if it were ever to pass

You have to realize antis want all civilians completely disarmed to the point where Nintendo zappers require a license. They don't care what the current law is it will never ever be enough for them.

These pictures pointing out the stupidity of the current laws are aimed at moderates who are curious how gun laws really work.

Attached: delet.png (485x532, 302K)

Attached: 62slzrnyg3921.jpg (1816x4034, 449K)

Look, there are two kinds of people that write anti-gun laws: those that think they are doing what's right, and those that are "doing what's right". Neither really care at all about how they go about it, they just want you disarmed, and will continue to do as much edge cutting of the 2A they need to to bring us to the point where it doesn't matter if we have guns or not.

Attached: 1476626776182.jpg (768x513, 105K)

Sick meme dude.

Canadian gun laws might be retarded, but even then, the classifications are not as retarded as the NFA laws in the US.

old but gold

Attached: atflogic.png (1024x1024, 531K)

It makes more sense if you wanted to ban handguns. The things that were left in the NFA was the shit that's not a handgun but they thought people might try to do to get around a handgun ban.

I hope FDR is burning in hell.

Not sure if bait, but yeah, those descriptions are correct in OP image

Why can’t they just leave me alone? I’ve not done anything, I pay my taxes, why can’t these alphabet agencies leave me and my guns in peace? Why are upper class elites who have litteral bodyguards, and safe gated communities and have never had to deal with coyotes want to take stuff away from me? Why aren’t they happy until they take things away that I earned. Fuck sake.

I'm still confused. What's the difference between a stock and that thing they put on ar15 "pistols"?

Intent of manufacture/purpose of use.

>guns designed to exploit loopholes actually exploit said loopholes

who'd have thunk it?

But is there any functional difference?

no and it's not a problem

even fucking canada gives zero shits about short rifles and shotguns. it's actually standard for canadian hunters to use shotguns as short as 12".

the NFA was originally meant to fuck over poaching poorfags who were smuggling weapons onto richfag land to nab some food. to kill a man, a pistol works, but to kill a deer, you need something with a little more power and accuracy/

This is the most cityboy retarded explanation of the NFA I've ever heard.

No, poaching has literally nothing to do with the NFA. I especially take issue with this line:
>to kill a man, a pistol works, but to kill a deer, you need something with a little more power and accuracy/
No, you fucking don't. Deer are far, far more fragile than people. Poachers can and do kill deer with .22lr every single day.

The NFA was enacted in attempt to curb the ludicrous violence brought about by prohibition era gangsters.

This. The part that was left out of the '34 NFA was a ban on pistols. The goal was to pass it separately.

>Poaching has nothing to do with the NFA
Silencers were regulated specifically to combat poaching

Its fucking retarded but It's probably better than the ATF classifying guns on a case by case basis

Attached: 1546741811639.png (264x246, 83K)

Why indeed.

youtu.be/ljMPafQpfDU

Jews

Attached: 1525472090067.jpg (1371x1080, 194K)

>The NFA was enacted in attempt to curb the ludicrous violence that the fearful general public incorrectly perceived was brought about by prohibition era gangsters.

FTFY

I remember some fairly notable gunrag writer doing a bunch of research and finding that there weren't even 50 reliably documented murders with the infamous "Chicago Typewriter" before it got banned. The NFA was just as much meaningless fearmongering and pearlclutching as the '94 AWB.

Back during prohibition the overwhelming majority of firearm homicides were commited with common handguns, exactly the same as now.

Glow nigger spotted

Attached: 1545325582180.jpg (327x346, 62K)

Wasn't the thompson very expensive too?

Not him but yes if you account for inflation

No, they weren't actually. If you look up any records of the debates in Congress about the NFA, silencers aren't mentioned once other than being in the text of the bill. They were just a relatively new thing at the time and the grabbers wanted to ban everything. Handguns were originally on the NFA as well. It's always been about disarming the populace.

it's outdated because the atf no longer cares if your shoulder a pistol with a "stabilizing brace"

>This makes ATF dumb
No. This makes the ATF (relatively) smart. The rules as what constitute a pistol vs a rifle, etc. are very exact according to features that are intrinsic to firearms as they are used today. As soon as you go around saying that "clearly, x is a pistol", who made that decision? You, a human. And guess what? Allowing a human to make decisions will inevitably lead to a poor decisions or abuse. Strict, exact laws that are designed well with remediation by a judge and/or jury is fundamental to a democratic republic and the best legal system around. Letting the ATF decide what classification a weapon has is allowing a bureaucracy with no accountability or democratic tie to the people to make the proper decisions EVERY TIME. It's the fundamental flaw of communism, expecting human perfection.

tl;dr, everyone in this thread is an idiot

I AM the law.

The law is the law user

This is now an atf meme thread. Sorry OP, youre too beta and fag to handle this thread

Attached: 1544061294202.jpg (590x767, 127K)

fuck off glow

unpopular correct opinion

the real solution is to just repeal the nfa and disband the atf

Attached: 1546122789000.png (500x331, 136K)

no, this is all bullshit. no one has any delusions at all about the explosion of AR 'arm brace' products being designed and intended to be used as shoulder stocks.

ATF is playing games, with all these loopholes they're letting through. either just trying to manage public relations (HA!) and/or setting up the industry for big falls, fully intended to eventually arbitrarily go back on their word (which they can do AT ANY TIME).

You talk about rule being absolute and to the letter of the law - this is the lie. This is not how the ATF operates. They are tyrants. They literally write their own law.

Attached: verylabaguette.jpg (1558x2200, 713K)

Just because the ATF's interpretation and enforcement of the laws is fucked doesnt mean that the classification laws are wrong. ATF's arm brace ruling follows the law, it is not a loophole. The arm brace is designed to assist in shooting with a single hand. Just because people misuse it, doesnt mean it is what it is not. That's their ruling. That also brings up the issue of "configuration vs use".

Their bump stock ruling is against the law. A machinegun is a gun that shoots multiple times with a single actuation of the trigger. Bump fire requires multiple actuations of the trigger. They can get away with it because it's a matter of "enforcment policy" until someone brings a lawsuit against them. No doubt someone eventually will, and with a fair judge will quickly be thrown out because of how ridiculous it is. The ATF and all executive branch agencies are immune from the law. They can be corrected by it, but can get away with it until then, and are never punished for their digressions. Kind of like false rape or abuse claims.

They bowed under political pressure, and they will eventually lose, mostly because they know its fucked. But how much will pro gun groups spend to get it reversed? Draining them so they cant defend against the state-level fight that is fast approaching. This is a war of time and money, and the side with the greater finance and patience will win. Unless dirtier tactics are used...

Truer words have never been spoken

Definition of Title II NFA items like SBRs and AOWs - US Internal Revenue Code, Title 26, Section 5845
Definition of "handgun" that makes putting a VFG on it an AOW - Code of Federal Regulations, Title 27, Section 478.11
ATF statements about NFA grey areas - Open ATF letters on VFGs on a pistol, and Pistol "Braces"

Attached: kIsNotTumblrfaggot.jpg (1233x706, 261K)