1/2 MOA assault rifle ?

1/2 MOA assault rifle ?

I am currently working on a system that improves that accuracy of gas operated rifles to at least below 1 MOA 10 shot groups at 100 yards with different factory ammos. With the right factory ammo it shoots 1/2 MOA 10 shot groups all day long, the key feature is, it can be produced cheap in mass production with standard barrels (I have tested a few of them).

Do you think this has potential on the market ? Is accuracy an issue or is it no difference for 99% of the people if the rifle shoots sub MOA or sub 3 MOA ?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Attached: Groupings.jpg (800x600, 60K)

Depends on what it is exactly and how invasive the change is.
Keep in mind you’re potentially either making a need for new machines in producing normal barrels or reducing the life of the barrel.

But provided it’s enough to turn normal barrels and mediocre ammo into sub MOA bits you might be onto something.
What were the testing conditions?

Good AR-15s will shoot 1/2 moa with match ammo already.

is it gas delayed with the port drilled right after the chamber?
ar15 or 18 inspired? normal rifling?

Thanks a lot! It can be produced cheap with common machines and normal hammer forged barrels. It would make cheap and accurate guns, BUT with a very unusual appearence.

>40264016
Thanks but are they available relatively cheap and with a 1/2 MOA 10 rounds 100 yards guarantee ? Do they really shoot it all day long ? I am not sure about those claims, some people also claim they shoot one ragged hole at 200 yards with their SKS, but at the range I never saw those results.

It has a gas port and a gas piston + normal rifling, it works like the common AKs and ARs with gas pistons.

>Is accuracy an issue or is it no difference for 99% of the people if the rifle shoots sub MOA or sub 3 MOA
It's not an issue for 99% of people. But a lot of them don't realize that, and can easily be duped into buying shit if it lets them feel like an operator.

I am becoming bored, whats the bit that you tweaked to unlock accuracy lv2? because right now it sounds like you just stiffened up a t1 upper

You missed the bullseye

I can't tell you at the moment, but believe me it is completely different + out of the box, it doesn't look like an AR or an AK, it also won't work for it.

People already make sub-MOA gas operated rifles following the standard stoner design and just making it well. You could make it better with a gas trap at the muzzle so the rifle wouldn't do shit until the bullet had already left the barrel though.

>p-pistons

There's a lot more that goes into a 1/2 moa rifle than a good barrel. For those kind of results you need to account harmonics and rot but you should know this already. Trying to make it cheaply will only work if you can afford to tool up very precise machines. The tolerances of you parts needs to be absolutely stellar for consistency like you want, but then you don't have a very reliable combat rifle, but a very finicky target rifle. There's a reason every military on Earth uses 2-3 moa rifles as standard. For consistent, accurate shots out of a combat rifle you need a system that can accomplish that, and thus far the best is easily multi lug rotating bolt, Wich has effectively been perfected in the ar-15. So how are you going to build what is effectively an accurized m16 on the cheap. The spr is a perfect example of what your trying to do, and look how expensive it is compared to a standard rifle.

Then what's the point of this thread? How do we know you're not just talking out of your ass if you won't go into specifics?

Then this is all idle prattling.
The answer is the military won’t give a shit unless it saves money. Infantry is fine with a 4 MOA carbine.

That's not to say that some group of saps on the civilian market won't buy it though.

i'm guessing it's and he just moved the gas collector so far forward the rifle wouldn't operate before the bullet left the barrel. even a little gas flow can affect barrel harmonics. the piston would probably be in the receiver, like an overcomplicated AR15.

though you don't need a fuckload of pressure to operate a lightweight action, such systems are ammo picky and generally unreliable due to the low gas pressure

Thanks a lot to all for your help

I already know these things, otherwise I could not achieve 1/2 MOA all day long, but some of my testing results prove the current accuracy theories wrong. Every moving part has a lot of play, the chamber is large (no match chamber), nothing is hard to manufacture, it really makes a reliable cheap rifle that shoots accurate with high consistency.

I have just mentioned that it works with various barrels, because it was important for myself, one good rifle could be just luck.

Now I am not sure if I should get a patent for it, or if there is a market for the system...

It is not what you have mentioned, it is out of the box, I will show it here some day.

Gathering informations to plan my further steps, so thank you for your help, I know that I have to prove my claims, and I will do it.

Mechanical consistency is accuracy. You are bullshitting if you are getting good accuracy with any length standard design barrel and a loose chamber and inconsistent lock-up. You must have added an additional way to stabilize the round by changing the design of the barrel or projectile.

Then wtf are you doing on a Brazilian basketweaving board playing the pronoun game with your imaginary rifle, either proove your shit or go file a patent.

ok fine ill clarify something because your ignorance is getting on m$y nerves
if you can prove without a doubt that youve already came up with whatever patentable idea you came up with, you can challenge anyone that tries to claim otherwise.

share the shit here so we can tell you if youre a retard, the next tesla, or it already exists

He's going to say "i'm waiting on my patent, bro" and never post again.

probably because someone already posted his exact idea here anyways. guns are developed from their ammo, so they're a mature technology. almost everything has been tried in the realm of primed, gunpowder filled, tapered cases with spitzer bullets.

I have changed the common design completely, all is very different.

I believe 100% what you say, it is absolutely true for the common gas operated rifles from my experience.

>prove without a doubt
MEANING you already have proof of concepts up and drawings right? there, you have proof
now prove youre not just larping and explain literally anything different about your dumb idea

Because of the reactions I will file for a patent application, I will show the prototype as soon as the patent is pending.

Thanks to all for you help, I will show it as soon as possible. I understand your reactions about my behavior, but please understand that I cannot show it at the moment. The reactions showed me that the system is not worthless, I was really not sure about this before.

dumbfuck

I have a working prototype that proves my theories, but to prove it for the people it is necessary to give it someone else for testing and build more prototypes, which I will do as soon as the patent is pending. Thank you!