PS90 and PDW's

Does anyone have experience with pic related? I'm looking into PDW's and these always looked pretty fun to me so I figured I'd at least look at them, but I'm not seeing too much info other than either a) theyre like a souped up 22 mag or b) they have the ideal round for self defense shooting that tears up people but doesn't cause much collateral damage.

Also, general PDW thread. What are your favorites?

Attached: PS90-Std-Blk_008.jpg (1200x438, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/g9b8cYjLLJw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Given how effective a 5.7 pistol was in fort hood, imma say that from a longer barrel it's a very effective round. Pretty proven record of tearing people up

barrel extension takes away quite a bit of the charm

Anecdotal but still worth considering

I agree, but I still like the rest of the aesthetic and its convenient 50 round mags. If the round makes it worth it then I could overlook the long barrel

How is an actual documented event with a formal investigation merely an anecdote?

Get a low profile rail or remove entirely and bed the optic. It'll do the job and you've got 50 on tap. Use EA penetrator/devastator if you're concerned, but the 40 grain ballistic tip of the 28 grain hp should be fine. Watch carnikon p90 video about penetration if you're concerned and desire to know more.

Love mine, after I settle down I'm getting a stamp and getting the effen low profile upper with a 10.3" barrel because even with the low rail, it's pretty absurd sight over bore

They documented the performance of the round as well? I interpreted your post as guy shot a bunch of people with it and they died therefore it's a good round. My mistake

It's not even worth owning if you have that on there. The entire point of the p90 is to be compact, there's a very clear square envelope where parts are supposed to go.
It's like putting a fixed bipod on a pistol

Is yours just for fun or would you also trust it in a defense situation?

I didn't think of how screwy the rail would make the sights though, thanks for that as well as the video recommendation

I plan on getting a PS90 sometime... It'll be a long time though... FN has a great design, I just wished they would update it, and make it in 5.56. That would be an excellent rifle right there. But for now, my favorite is the KRISS Vector. The newer Vector's with the 6.5" barrel, and folding pistol brace are good look enough to where I might pick up a 9mm version. And once Desert Tech fixes their MDR, then the new favorite will be the MDR-C.

Attached: KV_Gen-2.18_SDP-SB-E_FDE_PL_1183_394_100.jpg (1183x394, 183K)

I bought it because I watched too much stargate. It takes varmints reliably when I feel like tacticooling squirrel season. Trigger is sloppy because bullpup, but the recoil is so low if you pull with even force it works fine. I've only had high speed operators with 2.5lb two stage triggers complain. I'd trust it completely to defend my life with the 40 grain of the 28 grain, but use a .44 carbine because I don't trust the jury or prosecution.

50 rounds of anything is no joke, target acquisition with a red dot/reflex is a breeze, follow up shots are easy, and you don't have to worry about grip/direction because it's built in.

If you don't mind compromising on the look, sbr'ing is a breeze with the effen upper and new barrel because the upper is serialized. Want to take it out of state? Press a button, swap uppers, good to go.

>Get a low profile rail or remove entirely and bed the optic.

can you post an example of this configuration? I just can't understand how this would work.

Noguns: The Post

The pic rail is removed entirely (two screws and it's off) and the optic is arranged by whatever means you choose in the channel the rail sat above

Attached: ps90_aimpoint-mini_acog_comp.jpg (720x720, 85K)

You can sbr it with simple tools you probably already have and if the fed gov employees ever come back from their unplanned paid vacation form 1s were coming back in a few weeks tops.

Oh, you got me. I'm totally noguns. I'd have a lot more money in the bank.

That's where I first saw them too haha. Have you looked into doing anything for the trigger? Or is it manageable? Glad to hear you've had good experiences overall with it though

Ps90's are pretty notorious for being a pain in the dick to sbr because of the blind pin barrel shroud and the pressure fit barrel

Oh, OK. So you're removing the rail on top of the...whatever you call that front bit. The doodad? Frontal doodad? And then you can mount the optic directly to the doodad.

I was imagining that you were removing the frontal doodad entirely. This makes more sense.

Sure, if you're a fucking retard.

Drill the pin out and spin that fucker off, the hardest thing was realizing that the threading is the opposite of what you expect and keeping the spring together.

Here's a video that shows how easy it is, I think it took me less than 15 minutes and half of that time was setting things up and then fucking with the spring

youtu.be/g9b8cYjLLJw

I didn't even notice the trigger until someone wanted to try it at the range then bitched about it for 5 minutes. They make a replacement that's inexpensive, but it didn't bother me enough for that.

Aftermarket exists but is expensive. Good gun, ammo it's readily available. Don't recommend buying from PSA because all my ammo boxes were shipped wet.

Works for the job, ammo favors velocity over mass to impart energy, and the 16" barrel starts making it to magic things. Pic is effen90 upper, super low profile. Kind of weird looking

Attached: 6657548_01_custom_ps90_effen_90_w_trijico_640.jpg (495x310, 20K)

This is more what I was imagining when I posted That looks neat.

Sounds good, and other than mags and maybe that effen90 upper I'd probably avoid aftermarket anyway. As for ammo, I almost always by from sgammo anyway and never had any problems with them

I think the trigger on mine is actually really good for a bullpup, it's not bad at all.

god you're retarded

Attached: Screenshot_20181218-233350~2.png (698x632, 151K)

The little raised parts circled in pic are blade style iron sights on each side (because much fully ambidextrous) and the stock rail is so tall because it houses a peep style iron sight. I think it's technically called the sight housing.

I think the trigger is great for a bullpup, I think he just wanted to talk about his riced out 1911

Attached: Screenshot_20190112-233459_Brave.jpg (1440x816, 525K)

>update the PS90 and make it in 5.56
>literally change the whole gun to fit 5.56 and then shoot 5.56 out of a short ass barrel

Bruh

Not that I agree with him but 16" standard and 10.3" sbr isn't that different from a 10.5" AR pistol, just throw a krink on it. Making the whole gun an inch to inch and a half wider to fit the round is the truly horrifying part.

Attached: d2ccc1ef62.jpg (2880x2160, 1.8M)

Well guess I'm in luck because I am a retard. Thanks for sharing, guess the gunsmith was just trying to sell his services.

>ps90
bad
>p90/sbr ps90
good

next thread

Oh, I'm just 100% retarded. Trying to go prone with a 40 round Pmag or a 50 round Torkmag is just so much more optimal than the P90's magazine design.

10.5" AR's are pretty common. Especially with braced AR pistols. You would probably want to extend the magazine to where it covers 14.5" though.

$25 to shoot each mag is ridiculous for a round you can't reload. If they made one in 9mm or .45 I'd be all over it though

>The little raised parts circled in pic are blade style iron sights on each side (because much fully ambidextrous)
Wow, I never noticed these.

Thanks for posting that. I learned something new today.

So it's not good because it wasn't catered to you personally and your financial distress?

What's next, your nugget is a better gun than a ps90?

You’re retarded. I did it in 5 minutes. The real problem is a slim crawsfoot, but I bought a 10 dollar set and an angle grinder from harbor freight and went to town.

Here is nothing difficult about sbr’ing a ps90, and you’re a dumb no gun faggot.

If $25 per mag is an issue you weren't going to buy the gun anyway

>blowback 5.56x45

Attached: 1394521383270.jpg (3705x3850, 750K)

Jesus Christ I didn't even think of that.

>5.56 direct blowback
Mad Lad

don't own a nugget. the main issue is not being able to reload the brass, like I said. Only morons exclusively buy factory ammo

$25 for each mag of ammo you want to shoot is expensive user, hence why reloading is good. you can't reload 5.7 because FN decided to make a meme coating for their meme cartridge and tumbling the brass removes it

>Only morons exclusively buy factory ammo
Or, you know, people who aren’t poor and don’t have all day sitting in front of a press.

Look, it’s really simple: stop talking shit and post your guns.

don't have anything to prove to you, if you're feeling insecure and want a dickwaving contest I'm sure you can find a gay bar still open at this hour.

reloading means you can shoot more for less, simple as that, plus have direct control over your loads. If you want to be beholden to 1 or 2 factory loads instead of being able to custom tailor your ammo that's your issue bub.

Hence why I reload .38, .44, .223, .308, .3006, and 7.7.

The reason I don't reload 5.7 is because there is severe blowout of the shoulder that nearly weakens it when resizing, not because the cases are lacquered to assist extraction.

Yep, you’re dumb and poor.
You might understand the value of time better if your leisure is limited by hours instead of dollars.

>you

Attached: 1547077216914.jpg (638x1000, 61K)

The only acceptable reason to non-sbr a ps90 imo

Also, fn would make such a fucking killing if they made one in 9mm

Attached: PS90Painted01.jpg (650x433, 44K)

Well if you looked harder you could be shooting it for $19-$20 a mag.

seems like being financially distressed and being a complete moron go hand in hand.
Enjoy your poverty. And your retardation.

I don't see the appeal of that hand guard, it's already got a spot designed for your off hand and you can just add the side rails to the housing if you need moar rails.

You do you I just think it's a solution looking for a problem.

>9mm instead of 5.7
That, however, is unforgivable

>Also, fn would make such a fucking killing if they made one in 9mm
you're clearly a fucking no gun if you think the 9mm's case geometry can satisfy that magazine feed design.

Not all of us can make $400k being a chef at Wendy's like you user

I reload 5.7, it's a pain in the ass though.