Opinions on Hungarian Hi-Powers (FEG)?

Gonna get me my first handgun soon.
Got a chance to get a police surplus Browning HP clone for 100 bucks. Said to be in near mint condition and comes w/ two 10 round mags.

Any reason I should NOT grab it?
Was thinking of CZ at first, but those cost way more, and I've heard that HPs are now collectibles.

Attached: feg.jpg (1200x900, 64K)

stop settling and or having bad taste
FEG hi power barrel lugs are fucking stupid and it's a pain in the ass to deal with. could get an FN barrel but I don't know if it would fit

They're not made by FN, but the ones that stee exact clones have 100% (or nearly 100%) parts interchangeability. Not as collectible as an actual BHP, but a very good film and worth more than $100. Boy it immediately.

There are different models, the exact clones have the same lockup as a BHP. OP, look into how to verify which model you're considering purchasing.

If it's an HP for that money, get it. It might not be a legit FN Hi Power but it's still a Hi Powers and Hi Powers are gucci

If it's for the actual BHP clone variant and not the weird S&W 59 knockoff, I'd jump on that. I paid about $175 for mine that wasn't anywhere near mint and I still don't regret it.
From what I could glean from the FEG BHP e-book I bought, the safeties on the FEGs are a tad too large to be interchanged, but otherwise it's a 1/1 clone.

Attached: IMG_29011_zps31a6690b.jpg (1024x651, 103K)

OP here, seems like I'm getting this babe.
FYI, the pic in OP post is apparently the very item they're selling.

Yeah, I did a bit of research on my own earlier, and learned that some FEGs are actually clones of the S&W-something and just kinda look like HPs externally.
The one I'm about to pull the trigger on clearly has the Browning DNA in it though, so I should be fine.

Any mods or accessories I should look into later on? I've read about the notorious mag safety.

Attached: Smith_&_Wesson_Model_39[1].jpg (800x533, 49K)

Don't do it OP, I fell into this trap and bought a FEG Hi-Power, the frame/slide fit is so fucking loose it rattles in your hand, also it shoots so far to the left that the sights can't be adjusted to get the POI and POA the same. Fucking sucks. I never would have bought that piece of shit if I had known I was going to regret it that much.

Is it a S&W 39 or 59?

Checked and it’s a 39 my dude, check the frame

No there are two FEG clones, the one pictured in the OP is the 100% parts compatible Hi-Power clone. The S&W clone FEG looks like this.

Attached: i1539666-9mm-Browning-Hi-Power-FEG-Hungary-Clone-Militaria-2.jpg (500x375, 84K)

Would I pay $100 for a Tok? Dam Skippy I would! so why not $100 for a clone of a 9mm? A great home defense gun even if the sights are off!
BUY!

I can tell in the photo, I'm just wondering if it's the IRL gun or not, there's like 3 different responses going in either direction saying it's either a S&W 39 or a Hi-Power

Fuck you can buy mine then, It comes with 3 mags.

Post link

It is idk why he posted it

OP here, clearly I was too confusing with my words.
The item I'm planning to purchase is the one in It is not an S&W clone like in The photo of S&W 39 I took from Wikipedia, just for demonstration purposes. As seen in 's photo, the lower, more derpy trigger guard is one easy way to tell the SW clones apart from the HP clones.

No.

S&W's are more like SIG clones and even then, barely.

Besides the point, if it's the image above, jump on it. Hi-Powers bring big money because mystique or some shit so if it's 100 bucks, nab it before some other fucker does.

Ah, I think you would be better off saving up for the CZ, sucks you couldn't jump on the Beretta 92S bandwagon when that was a thing.

>so if it's 100 bucks, nab it before some other fucker does.
To be honest, it's *less* than hundred bucks.
So I take that the consensus is to take it ASAP?

Maybe sell it for high price if it ends up being trash?

Where you at?

>It comes with 3 mags.
Can I buy the mags alone off ya?

How are HP magazines nowadays? Still available?

Make sure it's 9x19
Make sure you can get full capacity mags for it.

Doesn't matter, since it's a handgun unless you live in GA it has to ship to an FFL in your state anyways.

Oh hell yeah, Mec-Gar makes them, Mec-Gar makes the best magazines, whenever you need mags just see if Mec-Gar makes them and then if they do, buy them.

Not if i am the ffl

>Make sure it's 9x19
Says so right on the slide, and in the item's description.

>Make sure you can get full capacity mags for it.
It should accept standard HP mags, so at least 15 rounders are a possibility. Still, for a range toy I hope I don't need to use for much else, 2x 10 rounds is a fine starting point.

Did FEG make their hi powers in anything other than 9x19?

FEGGET

Attached: 1519292700405.jpg (400x591, 52K)

Got this for $600, mint condition at a pawn shop.

Attached: JPEG_20190105_211050.jpg (2880x2160, 1.48M)

semi-related question here. i have an FEG hi-power (an actual one, not the weird S&W thing) and it shoots HARD left. like, 4" at 10-15 yards hard left. is there any real way to fix this? would getting a new barrel help?

Funny I have the same issue and thought it was a bad barrel crown.

Attached: 382B7780-21A6-4201-82EB-F64D0FE0B742.jpg (2161x2625, 2.59M)

damn. good score

I'd buy just about any automatic for $100, provided it's not a Hi-Point

Ok well you can just send a signed copy of yours to mine.

You can't adjust the rear sight or have the barrel re-crowned?

> visibly different slide cuts in picture
> "100% pArTs cOmPaTiBlE"

Stop feeding people wrong and dangerous information. There are 3 FEG models. OP, your pic, and Only the latter, the oldest version, is a 100% reproduction. OP is middle generation which is mostly compatible, but not the slide or slide lock and probably some other shit. Your pic is 3rd gen and only alike in appearance.

This is truth.

I’m still wondering why the sight is way the fuck off and the groupings are gay. Literally 5inch or wider and way off left, compared to tidy accurate/precise 2-3” groups with the Glock with same ammo and same range (literally the width of a wideish 1lane gravel road and ditch). Any recommendations?

Attached: 3776FC3B-0B8D-4E26-8969-D3C1D0CFF6BD.jpg (3024x4032, 3.15M)

What you have is a gift from the Gods. The more that gun jams, the more you learn to remain calm when a gun jams. The worse that gun shoots...the more you learn how to properly use sights and control trigger pull. If your only weapon is an old single shot 22LR rifle you learn how to make that old rifle as efficient as possible