Enfield L85

How do Brits even justify their country's existence knowing they made this?

Attached: l85a1.jpg (600x300, 12K)

It gives them a reason to do bayonet charges.

they don't

I feel like if they didn't already bin all their knives, that a bayonet at arms length would be more effective than a bayonet on that shit

Its essentially just a bullpup AR18, good idea, absolutely fucking terrible execution.

I love the way it looks too, wish theyd make a new one from scratch now and do it properly.

>How do Brits even justify their country's existence knowing they made this?
By being the Islamic Caliphate.

Attached: 1458537217855.png (612x609, 494K)

Do they still use this shit?

Attached: 1544494856017.jpg (1024x1004, 291K)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

You're not wrong, but having the knife on your gun means you can still have the gun and ready to rock.

Tell me about stubby on the bottom. Where's the rest of his barrel?

Brits are basically like if your badass operator grandad got alzheimers.

Pathfinders, Paras and SAS use C7's. MP's have 416's or G36c, everyone else is stuck with this plastic shit.

Lotta velocity for a short barrel.....

By knowing its the length of an m4 with better accuracy than an m16 and with a better MTBF than any DI AR issued.

INB4 someone complains about the weight. Grow up and get man arms, the weight difference is about that of a single loaded magazine and that weight is far easier to carry by being rear heavy and by using our God tier three point sling.

Spotted the delusional Brit

fuck the british

Attached: 1538608597920.gif (720x403, 2.49M)

at least it's not a direct impingement AR you expected to work in the moisture and mud of a dirty jungle war.

Attached: 1444396463893.jpg (1187x1500, 263K)

BASED

Attached: 1544046768893.jpg (771x693, 67K)

Britfag here

The L85 in A2/A3 (the HK reworked versions) are excellent. Very reliable, accurate and bullpup config makes it versatile in the way troops train.

Even lefties train to shoot it right handed so they don't fill their cockholster with brass.

The only negatives are the weight - around 5KG, but the offset of this there's negligble recoil. Very easy to control even in automatic.

The gas system isn't as good as the AR15 family of rifles, parts get dirty quite quickly and the dirty parts can make them jam up eventually (gas tube system upfront). But by the time your weapon is even half close to a failure it'll be cleaned anyway. At worst you change the gas plug's setting so it fires in single shot or allows more gas to enter to cycle the bolt.

If I was a very kinetic/offensive fighter I'd want an SBR/Carbine like an M4. But the primarily defensive role with the odd offensive role of british armed forces the L85 suits that role well. Hence special forces will likely use M4s/M16s/C7s/C8s instead of the L85.

British police have sometimes used L85s borrowed from the local barracks when there's an event & primary weapons of local forces are scarce. But they usually get G36c/k (which don't melt, where did this ridiculous notion come form?) or MP5A3s.

There's no doubt however the L85A1 was shit, when it worked it was decent but the horrendous reliability made it useless. Iirc the only way to keep it happy was to apply oil liberally inside, make sure every round was clean, make sure the magazine didn't get knocked about especially when fitted tot he weapon (tapping the mag after inserting instead of jiggling into battery for example would unseat the first round) and even then it might fail to feed or cycle at somepoint even if the weapon was clean & well oiled.

AMA about this weapon, i'm around for a few mins

Attached: 1514643370534.jpg (2664x1941, 718K)

>Even lefties train to shoot it right handed so they don't fill their cockholster with brass.
this is applicable to basically every left hander in the military regardless of weapons

It's easier for us - 95% of applicants have probably never handled or shot a rifle so being trained from nothing to shoot RHD is better than say a US person who probably uses a LH rifle trying to relearn to shoot right handed. I'm right handed and when I try to shoot a rifle left handed I find it very tricky but that's cuz i've got 8 thumbs and 14 fingers

Pretty sure they do melt when pushed far beyond their intended use. Whether that matters or not is where the big argument happens.

Also, are you happy about the A3 or would you rather it be replaced with something different? although it would be extremely unlikely, I like the idea of it being replaced by the Lithgow F90, its like a modern version of an L85 in my mind (both being bullpup AR18's essentially)

Attached: image.jpg (700x280, 16K)

British troops had a problem with their boots melting in iraq and afghanistan during the first year or two of the occupations. But the guns stopped melting with the A2/A3 upgrades, the A1s would melt in welsh summer weather, but the glue that held bits of the plastic that melted would also melt and made them fall off before it got to that point anyway.

(the A1 was more a production problem, largely BAE tried to cheap out on it and had to be threatened with being sued to get the A2 to be semi-decent)

>8% muslims means it's a caliphate.

Why are burgers always so insecure about Europe? You have 4x more nogs than we have mudslimes and 10x worse immigration problem.

I was actually talking about the G36 melting issue, didnt know that the L85 had melting issues too.

Basically any problem a gun has ever had the L85 also had. Doesn't matter if the problem is usually only found in muzzle loaded matchlocks, or was a freak problem only the G11 had because it used caseless ammo, but somehow the L85A1 somehow suffered it.

I've shot the A2s with A3 internals, not the Cerakote'd ones with the new rails and they are much of the same. Maybe more accurate but on a 25m range it's difficult to say.

I do like the L85 but I think if money permitted just adopting a more common weapon like the M4/M16 would've been smarter. Like STANAG pattern magazines don't fit into the SA80 and vice-versa which I thought was a bit dense. Surely the people behind it should've made the magazines the same as our biggest ally?!

But the L85 is here to stay for the foreseeable future since the 'guvmint has invested so much into it and HK made the best of a bad thing and have come up with a decent rifle.

Dream service rifle: L85 AFV variant but with 1KG shaved off the weight & STANAG mags

> But they usually get G36c/k (which don't melt, where did this ridiculous notion come form?)
they made the barrel out of plastic

>Even lefties train to shoot it right handed

Fucking dumb. How do the birts fuck something up that even the French and Austrians got right? Also your weapon is inferior to every other NATO and Warsaw pact weapon. I tried it in Bagram during an exchange with some insufferable faggots from your air regiment. Why bother with replacing the L1A1 when the L85 weighs just as much, negating one of the driving forces for replacing battle rifles with 5.56 weapons?

Nah

That’s not true at all for the US, Canadians, French, Australians, Kiwis and South Koreans. Even the M240/FN MAG is ambidextrous and bottom ejecting.

Are you serious? Americans can talk shit about their darkies and not get sent to jail over it and shoot them dead when they act unruly. I’d rather face undesirables in the US than Europe or Canada for that matter.

SLRs old as shit, 5.56 means less weight & more ammo at a soldiers disposal. The round itself will like incapacitate an enemy and making his pal or two give him treatment = three combatants out the fight instead of 1 dead guy, modularity and full auto capability. But there's benefits and drawbacks to both

>Americans can talk shit about their darkies

And you think Europeans can't? There are fucking political parties that do it all the time. Show me american politicians that can say the n-word without getting the boot. Stop believing Jow Forums memes.

>The round itself will like incapacitate an enemy and making his pal or two give him treatment = three combatants out the fight instead of 1 dead guy

Is this the kind of bullshit they teach you in Bongistani AIT? No wonder they are court marshaling NCOs for yelling at female recruits. No, dummy. The 5.56 round isn't going to just wound people and force two people to triage a downed battle buddy. Do some research on your own rather than listening to whoever fed you that line of bullshit.

>Goal posting about politicians

Show me the EU politicians that openly use pejoratives about darkies. In fact go tweet to your Metro police how much you hate Muslims and I'll do the same to the local police here.

You seem angry, have you considered a compassion wank?

No ones been court marshalled for yelling at females. One did get a telling off for filming himself shouting at a recruit however.

Same could be said for your opinion, however I do not care

Oh my god shut the fuck up. This is a thread related to firearms, not demographics.

>You seem angry

No, I was expecting a little more knowledge from the Bong military, that's some bullshit you typed that I'd expect from some cadet in grade school. Guess I need to set the bar lower. Why can't you anglos be as pleasant or knowledgeable as the Canadians, Aussies or Kiwis? Is it because those are the only commonwealth members with gun culture?

Someone's mad lad. Perhaps you should go stick to r/guns or TFB.

Not only use, but they're upgrading it. Or keeping it on life support, depending on how you look at it. The new A3 variant was officially adopted by the British military last year.

Attached: DFw2JVlWsAAwRFu.jpg (1200x642, 110K)

Compassion wank and we'll talk, take a video

This is genuinely embarrassing.

Stop offering to have gay act with me. I’m sure you can find someone closer who would be interested in a gay romp.

t. seething bong that knows the L85 is an inherently defective weapon and no retooling will make it better than it’s counterparts. It’s okay to admit it’s trash. Your nation can still laud the Harrier and Vulcan as cool British things.

This weapon is so bad that the UK’s SOF use the AR platform

They’re holding on until 2025 when they can get something that isn’t shit. The US Army has stated they’re moving to 6.8, so I’m sure NATO is going to have to adjust. Won’t be surprised if it’s a 6.8 416 which would be litty tbqh.

>The US Army has stated they’re moving to 6.8

They stated many things before.

rent free

He's just shy

Top kek

Fuck this hits home

Attached: 1547311362418.jpg (692x800, 73K)

The use the AR platform for plausible deniability.

at least it's cute

Attached: sa80.jpg (450x450, 153K)

Except that they don't since the rifles are stamped so as to directly identify them as Canadian Made, British Contract C7/8's.

Kinda hard to deny that you're AR is from Britain when the side looks like pic related. Forgive the watermarks.

Attached: xz0AcsM.jpg (1300x956, 151K)

>designed to wound

this is exactly why we have a L85 thread every week

Attached: 1519951659224.png (701x670, 605K)

Actually it's so they can work with other SOF.

Pathfinders, Paras, SAS, MP CPs, and some civvie police use C8s, not C7s. MPs use L85s unless using the mentioned C8. The rest of the forces use L85A2s with some L85A3s coming into regular issue gradually.

The L85A2 and A3 are decent enough rifles that get the job done. I've used both the C8 and L85 and I don't have an issue with either, though I do prefer the C8 for ease of mag change.

Edit: I forgot to remove Paras as a whole from your list. Also SFSG use the C8 SFW and 43 Commando switched to the C8 CQB.
In short SF and SFSG generally use the C8 SFW and the others use the CQB model.

Well, perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before having to shoot him again.

>6.8 416
Muh dik

?

you've confused "STANAG" mags with magpul p-mags and possibly thermelts.

>Being this fudd

You have to have guns to post here

6.8 telescoping case, so no AR derivatives because none of them will work with the new cartridge design generally needing push-through extraction.