What's the deal with front slide serrations?

Everyone went ape shit before Glock added them and I really don't see their point, aside from press checks maybe.

Just use the rear ones you tacti-cool bastards.

Attached: Glock-45-GNS-2.jpg (1029x769, 327K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunminds.com/2016/06/frank-proctors-thoughts-on-slide-manipulation-and-modification/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Some people aren't as attached to their fingers as the rest of us.

>aside from press checks maybe
That's the first reason.

The second is that you can't use the rear serrations nearly as effectively with a slide mounted optic.

cant you just just the optic as a pull tab?

the majority of the people who complain about front serrations, or about anything on a gun, are people who don't have it and can't afford it so they bitch so instead of feeling bad that they can't afford $450 all of a sudden they tell themselves they're a hardened oper8r who would be held back by the gun they can't afford so its a good thing they don't have it, even though they can't afford it

I've honestly never heard of anyone bitching about front serrations asides from an aesthetics point.

I wish more manufacturers would put rear sights with ledges or cocking wings/ears ala the VP9 on their pistols though.

Attached: ears.jpg (1700x1035, 267K)

it looks ok on some guns but honestly anything other than a gen 1 or 2 glock is ugly as sin. love me that Tupperware look

not if your a poorfag with a vortex or lolosun

I wish people would just grab the slide like a fucking man and stop bitching all together

Every review of the G19 and G17 gen 5 pistols someone bitched about how the new finish was slick and that they should've added front slide serrations.

was more talking about folks bitching about having them than not.

I honestly see no downsides to them asides from them but they do seem frivolous outside of situations like the teflon Gen5s and those that really want their press checks.

Its handy for clearing a chambered round. If you hold the pistol upsidedown and use the front serrations with you index and thumb, the round will fall in you hand. Easy.

Its standard doctrine in many agencies worldwide.

>hold the pistol upsidedown and use the front serrations with you index and thumb
I have no idea which hand you're using for what there, but assuming you keep a normal right-hand grip, it seems like you must mean that "upsidedown" literally -- rear serrations always worked fine for me, and only need to rotate 90 degrees.
>normal firing grip with right hand
>rotate 90 degrees clockwise around barrel axis, so ejection port faces down
>fold left hand over top of the slide, with fingers over ejection port and thumb on rear serrations
>rack slide

I don't have any objection to front serrations, but unless you're left-handed or something, I don't see how having to rotate the pistol even farther to catch an ejected round constitutes an improvement.

Attached: potato_grip.jpg (2048x2304, 1M)

I don’t know but I’m buying one of these on blue label for 450 clams next week.

Slightly off topic, but it's about the Glock 45 so close enough. I asked this last night never got an answer so I'll ask it again. Why the fuck wouldn't you just stick a Glock 17 mag in a Glock 19 and call it good? Why should anyone even remotely consider a Glock 45 when you can do the same damn thing with a gun you (probably) already own?

ayo hol up is that a Sigma slide on a polymer80?

Looks like it. Remember, Glock sued S&W over the Sigma and S&W had to stop making them.

I knew the Sigma was a copy but I didn't know it was that close.

My glock und wesson fotay, yo.

Yeah, it's not that close. The mechanical fit (rails, barrel, and locking block) is pretty damn close, but I really had to do a fair bit of modification to make the slide and striker interface with a Glock connector and trigger bar.
But then, this is the SW40VE -- I'm not sure if the original pre-lawsuit Sigmas used a similar FCG, or one more like Glock's.

Attached: glock_und_wesson_03.jpg (2048x1152, 838K)

i don't mind having them and it makes you look like a l33t operator doing press checks with them but if i'm being honest with myself rear serrations does everything i need to

some peoples hands are too big for a 19 frame but those same people believe for some reason that they cannot conceal a 17

>fingers over ejection port
Do you not see how this could be a problem?

Attached: brainlet wojak argument.jpg (971x565, 141K)

Do front serrations belong on a 1911?

The point is to catch the round in the chamber you fucking retard.

Nobody should be using a 1911 for any serious use.

TWO
WORLD
WARS

Since we're talking about catching an ejected round when clearing a weapon, no. I don't see how that could be a problem.

I felt the same way until I saw a video by Frank Proctor explaining alternative reloads using the front serrations. I tried it out and personally found it slightly faster, with better grip and a lot more comfortable.

I think the video has been removed from youtube and I can't seem to find a reupload but I think this is the one: gunminds.com/2016/06/frank-proctors-thoughts-on-slide-manipulation-and-modification/

Attached: frank-proctors-thoughts-on-slide-520x293.jpg (520x293, 43K)

I saw that video and actually started using that technique. It's an especially nice method for pistols with red dots. Sucks that the video is gone. I couldn't find it either.