/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

If you're an ordie, your ASVAB sucked edition.

previous thread:
LAEING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
LAEING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = THEY KNOW
>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

CG info
gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

ASVAB for Dummys
mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: ordies.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4fb2LAblWUE
seattletimes.com/seattle-news/former-jblm-soldier-who-led-afghan-kill-team-seeks-new-trial/
rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/the-kill-team-how-u-s-soldiers-in-afghanistan-murdered-innocent-civilians-169793/
afjag.af.mil/Portals/77/documents/CM_Summaries/CM_Summaries_Jun_18.pdf?ver=2018-08-22-101216-397
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why do enlisted personnel act like spazzes at work when their GF/wife inevitably leaves them?

Do they believe anyone else cares about an adult man's personal problems? Keep it inside.

Attached: every enlistedfag after their wife or GF leaves them.png (763x570, 826K)

What happens to officers that can't make it to O-4 (aka most prior enlisted officers)

And why do they all act like this
youtu.be/4fb2LAblWUE

Attached: super busy.png (632x632, 371K)

they leave the military, what else?

Attached: huh.jpg (356x361, 71K)

Posted a thread about this but in case it is deleted, please assist folks.

I am currently awol, left from basic training in septemeber last year due to finding out i was to be chaptered for mental health issues (depression), as my life's goal has always to be to serve my country.
After these past months I've been extrapolating on my departure and am looking to return to the army to either face my punishment or possiby be reintroduced into a new unit. I am looking to get my clearance from a VA hospital on wednesday to show i am no longer experiencing my depression and i am hoping to get back in from there.
Aside from that, failing all else, what would be my best option in turning myself in? Who do I go to? Im a long way from Fort Benning and I don't want to risk being caught on my way there, id like to make any necessary apprehension quick and painless. There are numerous army bases and armories nearby, so where should i turn myself in? Poorfag with no car here.

In the last thread, it was mentioned that aviation ordnance is a tight-knit community.

Why is this?
What are the pros and cons of the job?

Attached: honed.jpg (900x727, 198K)

>asks to resign commission
>is told they have to remain at their station for another 12 months

It happens, and those officers are the ones that destroy morale. The worst ones had to be the ones that were sent to recruiting stations.

I work with a former army guy that just had a divorce. He doesn't shut the fuck up about it. Every goddamn day. It's been like 6 months of hearing this shit. Another coworker told me he treated his wife like shit and would call her a bitch out loud on the phone.

Tl;dr all military men are just useless manchildren

Damn, dude. No advice for you since I've never served, but good luck. You're going to need it.

you're still gonna get chaptered if you go back. There's no reason to turn yourself in, if you go AWOL in basic literally no one cares.

>I am currently awol, left from basic training in septemeber last year due to finding out i was to be chaptered for mental health issues (depression)
how do you even do this? You snuck out of boot camp?

Go to Mexico before they finish constructing the Wall

Went to the hospital, ordered a taxi off base, took a greyhound from columbus to las vegas

How hard would it be to commission as an in the Air Guard? I want to enlist as TAC-P then commission and become a pilot. Currently working on a 4 year Aviation degree.

Attached: fairchild-republic-a10-thunderbolt-ii-wallpaper-6.jpg (1920x1080, 682K)

this is incredible
wtf is wrong with you

>Why is this?
Lord only knows. They just really like putting bombs on planes. God bless them, they love their job. We could all be so lucky.

>What are the pros and cons of the job?
In the Marines, at least, there's a good path to Warrant at 6 years if you're not retarded. (but if you're an ordie, there's a good chance you actually are retarded.)
Pretty relaxed environment, the Wing is not like the rest of the Corps.
You get to wear a flight suit, which is very comfy.
On the downside, other people will find the pride you take in your job off-putting.

Get your PPL as well

So what if i get arrested for whatever reason?
Also, im still on payrol which ia weird considering my unit finished rotation nov 30th

He's enlisted

Military didn't meet their quota

Well when the only dream you've ever had is being taken from your hands, do you let it happen or try whatever you can to stay in your dream? I wasn't underperforming, peak physical performance, and i felt at home even when getting treated like shit. I have no regrets.

already have it and my instrument rating, I just need to know if commissioning is harder once you're in

No, Air Guard is going to be the best way if you want to fly jets

oh if you're still getting money then yeah you should probably turn yourself in and give the army its money back. You're still gonna get chaptered and waste a ton of your time but then at least you won't be charged with stealing government assets

>its another enlisted moron threatens to kill himself because his 4/10 left him
>always around 2 am

I hate all of you so fucking much. Why are all of you dumb children? How can I push you to suicide to get this to stop?

If you are upset over a girl, at least do everyone a favor and make sure she is hot. How does everyone in the military have such poor taste in women?

Attached: tired marine.jpg (960x720, 95K)

Nah, cunt

So say, if i turn myself in at a local base, will they make the arrangements for me to be returned? It'll be very hard for me to get back to Benning atm.

>"Why do all these low class people act like low class people?"
cmon bruh

Should I enlist then commission?

>Be a very weird/ yet not incel autist that had some sex with a ex GF and two other girls.
>Defiantly not a chad, balding and lanky, only recently managed to get in shape and only to meet the requirements for a seal or EOD contract (which believe it or not are not as hard as you think if you put in the work).
>Get SO contract make it through 1st phase (amazingly). Finally can have *some* liberty.
>Ironically expecting pussy to fall out of the sky, hear about frog hoppers.
>Women in SoCal fucking despise you or want nothing to do with the military for whatever reason, or even bring up "HOW COULD U EVEN BEEN IN THE BABY KILLING DRUMF MILITARY!? DON'T TALK TO ME YOU PHYSCHO!" political shit they don't even know or care about.
>That or hambeasts/whales that just want you for BAH benefits.
>more then likely going to get kicked out of SWC for failing multiple PI and PT inspections and have my ass sent surface. Already in ARB.
>Sub force doesn't even want me.

It been a fun ride Jow Forums but nothing lasts forever.

Also never admit to any *minor* injury in BUDs, fastest way to get dropped or rolled back. They don't even have a choice either.

Attached: rylfxiD.jpg.png (446x367, 43K)

What's the point in that?

money and tuition assistance

>How does everyone in the military have such poor taste in women?
blinded by the benefits of being married

Hell no, if you want to be an officer, then commission. It is hella worth it, especially in aviation.

If you can't afford college, then enlisting will get you in for free***, but I recommend you get as many college credits done while you're serving so that you only need to go to college for 2 years

Depends on how the college/uni situation is. If you’re fucking up/can’t afford that shit then no reason not to go in, just get something at least a little relevant to what you plan on doing when you’re out if you can. Then once you reach that bridge you can decide if you want to go back this time as an officer or do some shit with your degree, whatever that may be.
t. doing that exact thing

>Is your excuse if someone ever tries to chew you out for customs and courtesies.
Was that a question or a statement? Either way it's not like I fuck up in any serious manner, but I hate not knowing exactly what is the standard.
I suppose this is typical of first duty station/fresh out of tech school, I've only been here for about 4 months and its a high vis, very professional unit. I just don't want to fuck things up for my future.

I'm stationed at Joint Base Lewis McChord as a US Army Calvary scout in a Cav unit that doesn't deploy cause of the kill squad shit that happened nine years ago. Every fucking day here is worse, shit leaders and shit soldiers due to lack of motivation and shit weather
Why the fuck are there so many E-6 and E-7 ghetto black ladies that wear the ACU Pregnancy uniform (pic related)? I'm sure it's army wide obviously, not just JBLM, but they seem like a fucking cancer, someone who doesn't do PT, isn't required to do anything and has to have people help them out with THEIR tasks, when I already have three deadlined Canadian fuckmobiles that I have to fix and dispatch in 2 weeks for our 4th field training this year. But no, since they wanted to pump out another fucking child so that they can leech more money, do even less work and spend more time at appointments instead of doing the job that they SIGNED UP FOR, wearing the same fucking uniform I wear, sitting at a fucking desk. The leadership knows about these problems but they don't fucking care, we gotta go to Yakima so we need these trucks up and running
And people wonder why retention is so low

Attached: stupidfuckingbullshit.jpg (450x450, 32K)

Meanwhile, some of the shittiest excuses for soldiers that i went to basic with are in Egypt or Afghanistan

>Cav scout
Hahaha
T. 19K

>the kill squad shit that happened nine years ago
Explain?

Was that in the last thread? There was literally a guy having a mental breakdown outside my dorm at 3 AM, freaking out, resisted arrest, dude lost it

seattletimes.com/seattle-news/former-jblm-soldier-who-led-afghan-kill-team-seeks-new-trial/

>combat arms
>low morale

What did you expect? If you wanted to be surrounded by highly motivated individuals, should have gone to selection or RASP

"The soldiers knelt down behind a mud-brick wall. Then Morlock tossed a grenade toward Mudin, using the wall as cover. As the grenade exploded, he and Holmes opened fire, shooting the boy repeatedly at close range with an M4 carbine and a machine gun." They did this to many civilians, just younger guys craving for a kill. Good article on this, there's also a documentary about it called "The kill team".
rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/the-kill-team-how-u-s-soldiers-in-afghanistan-murdered-innocent-civilians-169793/

I understand that low morale is common with combat arms, but I can't help but think that if there was a possibility of deployment, motivation would be just a little higher. I know plenty of people who would rather go to Iraq or Afghanistan again rather than go to YTC or NTC

I’m a navy IT in a school currently what am I to expect in the fleet?

Mostly because enlisted consist of 18-20 year olds who have only had 1 "real" relationship in their life, and are not mentally equipped to deal with a breakup. Add in the "stress" of military life and it's a good recipe for these kids to lose their fucking cookies. They just aren't mature enough to deal with it in a way that isn't the whiniest and most pathetic shit ever.

>mfw one dude got dumped by his GF during phone privileges in blue phase and he literally dropped to his knees, sobbing, and screamed "NOOOOOO" until the DS came over and started screaming "wtf is wrong with you"

Attached: 1544654996613.jpg (480x640, 12K)

how'd they figure out you have depression? were you diagnosed? were you moping around?

>he literally dropped to his knees, sobbing, and screamed "NOOOOOO"

Oof

Attached: nooooo.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

This is exactly why I broke up with my girlfriend before joining. It was painful but all of the stories about breakups really sketched me out. Hell, my grandfather was burned real bad

>be grandpa
>serve during Korean War
>join Navy, become stellar radioman, conduct testing of new high-tech electronics on destroyer while sailing around Caribbean during last deployment before end of contract
>get liberty on fucking Cuba, don't touch any women because of gf back at home
>picked up ring in Cuba, got a tattoo of her name on his arm, ready to propose to gf as soon as he gets back to port
>Navy offered him another 4 years and guaranteed deployment to Korea
>declines, switches from his destroyer to the DD214, and takes a ride all the way to visit his gf
>some schmuck answers the door, turns out said schmuck is engaged to grandpa's gf

My grandpa told me this story for a very good reason. I didn't let you down gramps!

>every officer in charge of a unit with more than 30% blacks

I kind of felt bad for the guy but it was genuinely the funniest shit I ever saw at OSUT. He got fucking clowned on for the rest of the cycle for that but he pulled through. Dunno where he's at now though. Probably getting divorced by the stripper he was "so in love with" or some shit.

I went in a bit later in life, my home life with my wife was pretty stable. If she's cheated on me I haven't heard anything about it from the dependa gossip circles. There's good girls out there anons, they're just rare and will not be within 50 miles of any military base.

I haven't met any. Most girls have just ghosted me after we made date plans, and the one girl I ended up dating for a bit turned out to be the town bicycle (I'm talking 35+ guys before she was 20 years old), and she was banging at least 2 other guys while we were seeing each other. Overall, I'm doing well despite the lack of women. Only guy in my barracks with 5 figures in my bank account!

Typically the advice I've seen about relationships while you're young and in the military is "don't". If you don't go into the military at an older age and with an already stable marriage, you probably won't find that until you get out. I just happened to be already married for a few years and was in my later 20's so both me and my wife have had all that development time. Plus, she's got a job so she isn't just fucking putzing around the house all day, getting wrapped up in pyramid schemes to sell candles or basing her entire identity off of my work life. Younger girls (especially the "high school sweethearts" of the younger enlisted) often don't have anything going for them in terms of work, friends, or a support system when they move on/near the base and that shit starts to get lonely. Add in a bunch of other horny young men that are in good shape, it's not really a surprise why a lot of military wives cheat.

Also, the military members cheat too. A lot more than I expected. Walked in on one of my squadmates absolutely railing some chick in a bathroom at a bar we were at, and the dude is married with 2 kids. Shit's wild.

Yeah, I've seen plenty of that sort of shit break perfectly good men. The military might never acknowledge it, but the single biggest factor that is affecting morale of young men has to be all of these unfaithful women. At best, they just break your heart and soil your reputation by banging another guy you know on base, and at worst you get roped into child support for a kid that may or may not be yours, and that money comes straight from DoD.

Out of curiosity how long have you been in? It just seems baffling to me so many would willingly throw away whatever benefits they’d have gotten over the assumption that both them and their spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend/whatever on the assumption that they’d somehow turn into a Disney type relationship despite being in their early 20’s if even and in the military. Maybe it is an Army thing though, almost every story like this I hear about comes from the Army and to an extent Marines, though I don’t doubt all the branches have this.

It's my 2nd year in, I joined at 21 so I've already had a head start on life experience and feel a lot more level-headed than the high school guys that I'm with. I'm Navy, so it definitely isn't just the Army and Marines that have these issues. The only other branch I've interacted with were Marines, and they do a lot more complaining about women than Navy guys do, I presume only because nobody joins the Navy expecting to get pussy

A lot of it is just immaturity. People don't really know how they'll deal with not seeing each other every day, and when you're younger you still have that natural urge to go and "sow your wild oats". As a consequence, a lot of people cheat or break up (especially during initial training or deployments or field problems) because they aren't mentally mature enough to not go and fuck everything that moves because they aren't getting as much attention as they're used to from their lover

Is the enlisted pussy THAT good? Good enough to fuck your entire career and risk jail time and get publicly BTFOd? Are the enlisted women genuine fit 10/10s goddesses or are men in the military just fucking stupid?

>At JB McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ, Major Christopher A. Dunlap was found guilty by a military judge sitting alone of disobeying a lawful command, adultery and fraternization.
He was sentenced to a dismissal, confinement for 3 months and a reprimand. The adjudged sentence did not exceed the negotiated terms of the pretrial agreement.

>afjag.af.mil/Portals/77/documents/CM_Summaries/CM_Summaries_Jun_18.pdf?ver=2018-08-22-101216-397

Attached: USAF Major Christopher A. Dunlap.jpg (780x520, 72K)

>confinement for 3 months
Is military prison even that bad? I doubt it has the whole racial gang and Tyrone Gay Anal that normal prison is famous for.

Attached: Palmdale Military Prison.jpg (638x351, 41K)

>is enlisted pussy THAT good?

Fuck no. It's just extremely easy.

Was sent for an eval, kept stuff short and sweet and my intentions in the army clear, the doctor was a dick and stated i had depression. Was actually sent for the eval due to another trainee telling the cq DS i was writing in my notebook too much. All i was doing was writing short stories lol.

seeing as the normal military has a tyrone and gang problem, I would say there's definitely gangs in military prison.

Well shit, I’m going to Great Lakes in a few weeks so that sounds promising.
Personally as someone who is the oldest of five and seen way too many people get destroyed from some glorified slut getting that much power over them regardless of what was in their pants I find myself a lot less starry eyed to that kind of thing than others. Not that I’m trying to paint myself as some paragon of responsibility and abstinence or something, but I sure as shit am not going to fall head over heels for someone while I’m still in. Those are my bennies damn it, and med school isn’t cheap.

Army officer here, I've seen other dudes/ toss away making decent money and bennies for some 6/10 junior enlisted female. People are fucking stupid.

You'll make a good "grandpa" when you're in. Everyone is going to look up to you man, it can be a little tough to deal with at first, but if you're comfortable with knowing that the kids that want to better themselves will model themselves after you, then it's rewarding in its own way. Kind of weird, considering the military isn't the kind of place a guy in his 20's or 30's goes unless shit is really fucked up.

Im currently just talking to recruiters
>LAEING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
So whats the punishment if they found out I got counseling and antidepressants 5 years ago (if context matters I lost a few friends in a suicide all in the course of a month and a half)
Also what kinda of physical is the doctor going to do at basic/meps? When I talked to the different branches, the Marine recruiter said no tattoos or major scars (however im not considering the Marines, just wondering if thats something I have to worry about before signing up.

Attached: 1543075867.apron55_1b9b8414-0254-40b8-9593-edcd9ed2cc39.png (2224x1668, 508K)

I joined because I was bored. Thought the infantry would be an exciting job.

>boy, did I fuck up there

Still having the time of my life tho

>>afjag.af.mil/Portals/77/documents/CM_Summaries/CM_Summaries_Jun_18.pdf?ver=2018-08-22-101216-397

This is an entertaining read. Especially these single sentences: "enlisted Airman was acquitted by officer and enlisted members of abusive sexual contact and sexual assault. " because you know it meant 8 months to a year+ of literal hell for whoever was accused. And their career is still ruined even if they aren't found guilty.

Attached: confused anime man.gif (720x846, 877K)

they're not gonna find out if you or a reference you give them never tells. If you're a tard and they find out the worst is getting medically separated, probably with a general discharge.
They'll just look you over and take your height and weight. You'll git nekkid so you can't hide shit, but depending on the branch tattoos are OK. If you have a huge scar you can just lie about it, the docs mainly don't care as long as it's not debilitating.

>Combat MOS
>2019

Hey man, just have fun while you're in and cash out those college credits when you leave. Embrace the numbness that is bequeathed to all that accept the pointless ostinado that is peace time stateside military

I will try. Also, I'm working on getting stuff together to apply for RASP or SFAS. Not sure which I'd rather do right now

also who knows, maybe someone will shart the bed hardcore in the geopolitical arena and I'll get to deploy and shoot at people.

Since you're already in, what happens if you don't make it through SFAS? All I've heard is that new guys get rolled into "needs" but never heard what happens to guys already in

Never thought I'd say this, but I really do hope someone start sharting

you go back to your previous unit and job.

If I'm already in I'll just get sent back to my old unit. I won't get dicked down like the poor souls in the 18x program.

As far as the sharting goes, I'm in the same boat as you. Hopefully someone will start swinging their dick at someone else. If not, I'll just keep racking up college credits, going to every school I can, and washing rocks.

Oh cool, so there isn't a downside except not making it. Good luck if you go SFAS, that'll definitely get you into some action without any shart required

Everyone is talking about Russia, but near peer would fucking blow, we aren't ready for that shit. Africa will be the next hot spot.

wtf did you say to make them think you have depression? Also you clearly have mental problems if you thought going awol would prevent you from being kicked out for depression?
>Also never admit to any *minor* injury in BUDs, fastest way to get dropped or rolled back.
duh
a comfy air conditioned locked room to work in with a ps4 set up in the back.

My bet is either Africa or Iran. Maybe a decade from now, China.

>If you're a tard and they find out

how can they find out if your a tard?

if you tell them, or put down a dumbass reference that tells them.

I'm willing to bet my right nut its going to be venezuela, at this point I can't see anything else happening

Yeah this definitely seems likely, rumor is China has their fingers in a lot down there apparently and South Africa is apparently getting real close to race war status

>apparently, apparently
Ignore me please

>tfw gonna get thrown into jungle warfare 2-venezuela bugaloo

Attached: 1509037106052.jpg (500x500, 23K)

Africa deployments are ramping up. Djibouti is the new hotspot, got some buddies in Somalia that work out of there. Then again, got some guys in Moldova giving the side-eye to some Ruskies. South/Central America is always ripe for a quickie tho.

guys please fucking tell me something is going to happen, I can only take so much of jerking off in the motorpool and doing gunnery when the stars align
goddamnit why can't we send armor anywhere I can't believe I fell for the 19K meme

Attached: download.jpg (225x224, 6K)

>LAEING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
So do I NEED to lie about it, or just lie about the small shit that wont hinder me if I dont let it?

>LAEING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = THEY KNOW
Does this mean not to lie?

Help

We will declare war a month after your 8 year commitment is finished

When I was twelve and an edge boi I cut myself, is that shit still disqualifying?

Shit happens for real though, my Dad retired in August 2001.

Damn, he missed out on some good stuff. I will never forget all of the great stories I heard about the military right after 9/11, especially the invasion of Iraq

don't tell them a single fuckin thing medical
Yes, don't lie about criminal background there's a nation wide database that they look into
technically yes but that depends on if you can pass the scars off as something else. See a recruiter

In what way would a conflict with Venezuela pop off? Seems to me there's no reason to get involved when they're already imploding.

Attached: 1544263879528.jpg (1500x882, 223K)

>why can't we send armor anywhere
Because it's really only useful against other forces that have tons of armor. Arty guys have a similar (but not exactly the same) problem.

Despite modern warfare having moved on centuries ago, we still organize our army after the old Napoleonic structure of infantry, cavalry, artillery, engineers.
Cavalry is no longer needed in an era of mechanized and airborne infantry, static gun positions aren't needed when we have CAS from armed drones plus smaller man-portable mortars.

We tried to completely revamp our military after WW2 and eliminate the Marines and turn the Navy over to the Air Force (since the aircraft carrier is now the most important vessel and not the battleship) but the muh tradition types won out.

So now we have kids sitting around in their tanks with nothing to do.

There's been talk about it, but I don't see it happening unless we actually go all in on the drug war.

why would you join a MOS that hasn't done anything since 2003

If we were to attack Venezuela for anything, it would be oil. Drugs are small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.