/akg/ AK General

AK General /akg/
Great Riveting Edition
>Thread #756

Old thread here

Attached: 1503692178780.jpg (800x533, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva
youtube.com/watch?v=QFpHrIh2DCU
youtu.be/y1qgRu9vsyY
youtube.com/watch?v=slCu48GkpcA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>AK Buyer's Guide

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva

POST LEWD PISTONS NOW!

Attached: IMG_0133.jpg (3024x4032, 1.94M)

I finally nabbed myself my first AK, I got the FIME Vepr AK74. It comes in soon, anything I should know?

You can only use RPK furniture. Thats about it, good gun 5.45 is what it is.

>Great Riveting Edition
>"Great"
Got you senpai, wuggy's abortion belongs here.

Attached: wuggys abortion.jpg (1765x1200, 666K)

ProMag 556 mags getting here soon
Will see what the lugs do for drop tests.

If I only care about quality and value, is the PSA new AK decent? I don’t care about historical or other things.

5.56 promags are fucking garbage dude dont bother

Attached: riser2.jpg (1600x1200, 461K)

promag is on the list with IO and Century of "How can these companies consistently produce utter garbage and stay in business?"

Wait for a few weeks till akou finishes his testing

I still want my $10
>vocal minority
get a load of this guy

Attached: IMG_E0340.jpg (3290x1235, 1.28M)

Exactly why I'm shaving off the plastic lug and screwing/melting bolt heads into their place
Done it on a Magpul mag this will be no different

No, USA made aks are not quality. Best value is a parts kit or a SAR1 if you just want an easy buy get a wasr made after 2015

youtube.com/watch?v=QFpHrIh2DCU
AKOU is still testing it, I'd wait a few weeks until Rob senpai is finished running 5k through it.

oh its you, so what are you expecting your price to be?

>what if I am aware of potential failure points but still think it's a good fit for my uses?
You are free to waste your hard earned money on whatever plastic piece of shit you want, we're just going to shitpost at you for doing it knowing they are generally not very good. The really damning part is for the price of that magpul stock you could have been well on your way to something functionally better and more aesthetically pleasing.

Been doing a lot of thinking and I figure I'll just hand em out for whatever shipping costs so you guys can test em out for me
I'd need constant pictures and updates on where things failed so technically you'd be doing work for me so I say it's fair
I live in WA and in uni so I don't get to shoot often anymore sadly

Damn, if I still had my sar3 I would volunteer to test. I live in Spokane so it would've been fairly convenient. If you're in the WA discord one of them has it.

Attached: 20180417_154307.jpg (2666x1500, 1.27M)

Got any pictures of the modified Magpul magazine?

Fuck there are so many of you spokanistanians in Bham

Attached: 20190102_152218.jpg (2560x1440, 904K)

Attached: 20181103_115433.jpg (4032x1960, 1.98M)

MOE stock is fine.
Zhukov has enough documented problems to avoid, because the hinge IS a weak point that can be broken in a number of circumstances that many other AK stocks are not vulnerable to.

I don't see how your logic is any different from people who buy a RAS47, watch videos of them breaking, and say
>well I don't shoot it very often so it's fine.
That much be true but it doesn't mean it's not objectively worse than other options that don't have the same problems

Yeah just this and 3 other early pics

Unfortunately I disassembled it because I thought the brass getting dented was due to my poor tolerances on the mag when in reality the SLR 106 dents brass when it ejects

Attached: 20181224_113742.jpg (2560x1440, 878K)

i like the idea, but with the beryl mags coming in at 30 ea you might have a hard time getting traction with your unproven product. best of luck bro.

Whats up bros. Picked up my first ak47 last week on a trade. Its a DDI AK47s in perfect condition. Traded a beat to shit 92fs with wilson combat trigger hammer and springs. How'd I do? From what I read DDI made high quality rifles.

Attached: 20190104_120328.jpg (3264x1836, 962K)

>but with the beryl mags coming in at 30 ea you might have a hard time getting traction with your unproven product
Thanks I get you completely dude
I think filling a medium price bracket would be possible
ProMag garbo < modified 74 mags < (I wanna be here) < Beryl mags < translucent ((10) < Black ((10)) < Norinco 556 steels

Ok

Attached: 8A876957-0703-422B-98E4-449807A936F2.jpg (1136x1135, 479K)

>From what I read DDI made high quality rifles.
You read what you wanted to
>That pic
Holy fuck HAHAHAHAHA

Zhukov isn't as fragile as people say

youtu.be/y1qgRu9vsyY

Tune in next week where I take this fucking thing up into the mountains, leave it in the snow for a couple hours, and abuse it in the woods like I abused my meat in high school

Phone is completely fucked m8. Give me the skinny on this thing. It seems really solid. Picked up a bayonet for it and a sling for 40 bucks.

Attached: 20190104_120149.jpg (3264x1836, 847K)

Why aren't you hitting it harder if you're so confident it's solid?
Hopefully the """abuse""" you subject it to is more meaningful than the pussyfooting bullshit you just posted.

Ooof.

Put more rails and gay shit on

Enjoy your dead caliber.
But seriously, 545 is one of my absolute favorites. I’d get a bulgy rpk74 flash hider on there for looks. Kvar has them last I checked.

Attached: 26A017FF-9B96-40BE-A4C0-627D36808275.jpg (4032x3024, 2.32M)

That video was made to discredit this bronie's video here. I was hitting it harder than this dude was, and was kicking it.
youtube.com/watch?v=slCu48GkpcA
When I take it in the woods I'll hit it against trees and shit

>hey guys zhukov breaks under any amount of stress
>you didn't hit it hard enough

C-entury makes similar shit
A-ssholes still sell timebombs
S-tupid people buy names
T-oo often ignoring /akg/

T-ry reading next time
R-eally like you fucked up
U should sell it
N-o really please
N-o it won't last 1k rounds
I.O is just as bad
O-r even century built
N-ever buy USA made AK
S-ell it or die when it explodes

Attached: 1360713609157.jpg (365x352, 31K)

Why are you drop testing plastic mags that you know are probably going to fail?
Just use them like a non-retard and they’ll serve you well.

Interesting. How are arms of america rifke kits? Those are imported, and I assume, forged trunnions....I have owned forged m14s and cast M1As and forged ar15 lowers and cast ar15 lowers.

Honestly never noticed a difference in performance or quality.

>Why are you drop testing plastic mags that you know are probably going to fail?
If I can wrap and replace enough things to make a cost effective/durable mag I will have succeeded
I really don't mind playing 50 dollars for a mag, I just don't want that same mag to shatter when it hits the kitchen floor just like the 13 dollar mag
SO
If I can replace the lugs on the 13 dollar mag and glue some reinforcement onto it and end up with a durable piece of equipment
I'll be done.
>(JK then I'll have to mass produce it for a few thousand people)

>"""discredit""" a video documenting a failure by not documenting the failure.
My man, what that video shows is that there is demonstrably a non-zero chance that a given Zhukov stock will pass QC with nonfunctional lockup.

Again, all you're proving is
>my RAS47 is totally fine as long as I don't shoot it too much
Or
>an NCSTAR airsoft chest rig is just fine until the stitching starts giving out

The Zhukov stock has well-documented flaws that make it a worse option than many others. You not breaking yours by gingerly smacking it does not change that OR prove anything.

Attached: prettyneat.jpg (225x225, 9K)

>well-documented flaws
>1 bronie video
>1 mac video
>1 video of running it over with a car several times
I don't think that adds up to well documented

>gingerly smacking
hit it harder than that m80 and was kicking it

This user gets it
STOP BUYING BAD QUALITY SHIT AND JUST LET IT GO
FUCK

AKs are different in that aspect
Trunnions make or break the rifle
Then the barrel
Then the rivets
Then the alignment

Im so happy my oc is still being posted to shame that retard.

CRAWLING IN MY SKIN

Attached: IMG-20181230-WA0013.jpg (4032x2268, 666K)

ABSOLUTELY L E W D

It's not bad quality, slavaboos just love to shit on it because it's american made and not combloc stuff. And if they admitted that that was the reason that they dislike it, then that would be fine. Or even if they just didn't like the looks. That's also fine.

But everybody on /akg/ loves to make a mountain out of a molehill.

>those rivets
Holy shit I thought I fucked up my parts kit, those make me look like a seasoned izmash employee

>Smacks around stock lightly
>expects it to mean anything
Morter that sonuvabitch, maybe youll learn something you retard.

Ok so sell it for way to much money and buy a real ak47 rifle kit? Any recommendations?

I'll mortar it in the snow next weekend and slam it against a tree. Anything else oh great expert?

He's scared it'll break lol

I'd say keep it and buy a set of headspace gauges from AKbuilder just so you can see how fucked the whole situation is after every 90 rounds
>(It shouldn't close on a no go gauge)
Then buy a WASR 10 to see if you like AKs as much as we do

a bulgarian or polish kit is pretty top of the list russian is also good but more expensive. If you want a factory gun under $1000 WBP are a good choice now

Attached: 20190113_204226.jpg (2241x2066, 2.23M)

I'm not scared of it breaking. If that happens I'll just put the wood furniture on and let you guys know what happened. I don't think it will happen though but I guess we'll see after next weekend.

I have built quite a few rifles in my day. Never an ak tho. I love them. My cousin had a wasr and it was Awesome. Are you serious about the go-nogo gauges after every 90 rounds? That sounds incredibly fucked if thats the case. Im bored of ARs. Need something different in my life.

Yes sadly USA made AKs cut a lot of corners
Get a WASR and be happy man

>in the snow
>against a sapling
God you're such a fucking pussy

Honestly the ddi is a ticking time bomb most US made aks are especially if they have a cast front trunnion. WASR is good if its your first ak and you want something that is a shooter and nothing else. At a minimum you will have to replace the shitty wood on the WASR

The effort you put into making then routinely posting these """memes""" is cringeworthy
Yeah, THAT'S why BHam sucks.
>tfw took me 45 minutes yesterday to get from H street to Discount Tire on Lakeway

Attached: 20181224_092107.jpg (2560x1440, 2.72M)

>sapling
Don't put words in my mouth you fuckin butt pirate, it'll be a big ol pine tree

>SaigaBro lives in my city
I know a few of us are WAFags but how many in Bham??

Attached: 420niggaabytes.jpg (460x357, 49K)

And I'm sure you'll hit it oh so hard, with you're big strong arms. Dumbass.

That's a weird piston.

Confirm for not AK

>The effort you put into making then routinely posting these """memes""" is cringeworthy
>make
Lol calm you tits, I'm a lazy fuck, I haven't made any of this stuff, just saved it. I posted it because it was on theme for "great riveting".

Attached: 1546811955427.png (714x718, 494K)

>types you're instead of your
>calls others dumbasses
Oh I'll beat on it alright. But no matter what I bet some dumbass will be like "oh it wasn't hard enough" while also posting "zhukov breaks under any amount of stress". Tell you what short bus, how about you buy one and test it out yourself?

Nah I live in Monroe, a bunch of my (nogunz) friends have a house up there and I was just in for the weekend

Fuck off, a decent number of us think this shit is funny as fuck.

>How about you buy one so I'm not the only dumbass with a retarded plastic hinged stock.

which one was yours again?

Can confirm, it's funny

Attached: A2Grip and WGWS in the CO Rockies.jpg (1024x854, 577K)

Why not just disassemble it and replace the polymer rod with a steel one?
Why the fuck are you guys so incapable of modding your shit?

cry moar gramps

Attached: 1523244137119.jpg (1162x1080, 237K)

Here’s a quick and helpful guide for knowing what furniture to get for your AK
DO:
>any surplus
>zenitco
DON’T:
>literally anything else

Attached: 7B0B9F32-2B31-4E2C-8189-BD11B830AF69.jpg (3147x1118, 1.79M)

>muh slavaboos!
I've repeatedly said there's nothing wrong with the MOE AK stock.

Zhukov a shit, dummy.

Oh I understand right now. You're just a noguns shitposter.

Regardless of whether it breaks or not, a sample size of one won't prove anything; you might as well not bother unless you're going to test 10+ of them to gather some actually representative data.

>spending money to immediately break something just to make a point to a stranger on a Burmese Python skinning forum, who will most definitely deflect it just as the other examples because it still hasn't happened to themselves
Haha what

My folders already have steel hinges because I'm not an idiot who buys fragile garbage, thanks though.

is tapco good

But it has a steel hinge pin

>nobody will support my retarded purchase
>n-noguns shitposters

Hush.

I want to watch him break it in a sperg fit because he can't handle criticism.

Because the idea of having to do that is arguably retarded.

Idk man you’re gonna have to reference the list
Although I should add SRVV’s stock adapters

Hmm then I'd suggest not buying it then
What a piece of garbage

Yes it is
But for the fags that have them and defend them
They should replace it

Bottom one, the less pristine one unfortunately. But to my luck, just this weekend my dipshit friend snapped the bead off his sight trying to unscrew it with pliers when he knew it didnt unscrew, so even though his looks immaculate he can barely aim it now

Well put and check em

I see everyone shitting on the magpul stock but nobody is really providing concrete evidence. I've been searching all over but all I can find is the MAC and AOU videos which don't seem all that indicative. I've only found good reviews so far. Is this just a shitpost meme?

LMAO this is what I imagine when nogunz are like "the AK is so simple a kid can make one!"
like ok yea you go rivet some steel first try

The AKOU video shows it failing when folded.
The MAC video shows one snapping when he mortars the bolt. It's around 10:00 into the vid.
There are a few other failure vids on YouTube.

Bottom line is the polymer hinge is demonstrably a weak point that can and will fail in certain circumstances where other AK folding mechanisms don't.

its functional but still is a half assed folder

You dumb fucks are so willing to buy into misinformation that none of you bothered to actually check to see that it doesn't have a plastic pin

Attached: readingishard.jpg (732x546, 127K)

you're kidding right? There's been several videos posted, just a take a look through some of the previous threads.

idk, i feel like this lower handguard is actually pretty solid

Attached: IMG_20190104_160858.jpg (2592x1944, 1.17M)

It’s the down syndrome version of an AK9
No good reason to buy one

>dust cover mounted optic
>i herd u liek shiddy moa funs so i made a dust gover moves arund wen u shoot so that u can mount a shiftigm moa obtigg to it and have suber shibting moa :DDDDDDDDDDD

I watched the AKOU and that was when they ran over it with a car so I feel like that one is kind of out for me. Do you guys run over your rifles with your car?

And the MAC one as well because who intentionally sprays water into it and lets it freeze? That's just a big ol bag of retard.

I haven't been able to find any other videos yet.
Call me Bigfoot's buttslave but I don't think 2 videos from channels that do dumb shit for views qualify as enough "evidence" to crucify it.