A story

>A story

>A man fires a rifle for many years...

>and he goes to war.

>And afterwards he comes home...

>and he sees that whatever else he might do with his life...

>build a house...

>love a woman...

>change his son's diaper...

>he will always remain...

>a jarhead.

>And all the jarheads...

>killing and dying...

>they will always be me...

>We are still...

>in the desert.

Does the pain ever end bros?

Attached: ABF94C77-62F8-4655-9334-27DB8067E83C.jpg (275x183, 6K)

>>And all the jarheads...
>>killing and dying...
>>they will always be me...
Schrödinger's Leatherneck?

>R*ddit spacing

Maybe, maybe not it won’t matter afterwards

I know I done fucked up what’s my sentence

No user, Kuwait is not a real deployment

Nah, this kind of pretentious shit is for people for whom their time in mil was the highest achievement they ever attained.

>waaa I went to the middle east and did almost nothing waaaaaaa

>>>/reddit/

>implying anyone on Jow Forumss ever served to know

>TFW still have dreams of Afghanistan every other night

It depends, for some guys they’re just war junkies. They’ll never get it back, and it’s a drug nothing on this earth compares to. I know some guys were so fucking infused into combat, they craved it so bad. Some went to go fight in Ukraine and Syria.

Other times; for some people the military was all they ever had. And now what? They don’t wanna go back because of the regulations and bullshit, but life on the FOB and being out in the field. But they want to relive the same shit over and over and don’t know how to cope with it.

And some it’s; “What I could’ve done, what I should’ve done. And this should’ve been done “ 2nd and 3rd guessing your decisions and life choices. And, then having to be home living a normal life while living in the past. In essence it’s all PTSD.

For me it was, mostly why didn’t I shoot for green beret or I could’ve been a ranger. I had my air assault tab. Was working towards airborne. What if I got lucky and was taken by Delta? I could’ve been recruited by a PMC or be a spook. So many career regrets, but I just got to comfortable being a 11bang bang. And now I’m 29 and not in the best shape, but decent shape and I want to go back but I don’t at the same time. It was fun, but then what I go back and retire out. Then what? Work armed security or general security guard bullshit like so many combat vets work? Not all of them become cops or and less that .01% become PMCs. Fuck just too depressing to think about. You train to become a methodical killer in a war zone only to be reduced to a hasbeen when it’s all over.

I think they were in Saudi, but same shit

You don’t want to go back in. I got out the same time as one of my buddies back in 2013. He was just like you mentioned. 0 direction, no clue what to do. He worked at Walmart for a while and then worked doing landscaping on a crew with a bunch of illegals. Hated it. He called me about a year and a half ago and said “hey man, you’ll never guess where I am... MEPS”. He went back in. He told me how he will finish it out as a career and all. he called me back about 3 weeks later. He got sent to Drum. He sounded pissed. He said how the leadership is fucked up, how the privates are fucked up. He said how he’s the only one in his squad with a CIB, and out of the entire platoon only 4 others have it. He said everything their unit does is a cluster fuck, and there are endless fuck-fuck games. He went on a deployment to Africa and they sat on the base for 6 months, doing platoon and company PT, details, loading and unloading connexs.. last time I talked to him he said if he isn’t able to reclass his MOS he’s getting the hell out.. again.

Every war is different. Every war is the same.

good post. i'm here myself, older, trying to go to school but feeling trapped by where i live and fucking academic mistakes and a GPA from 15 years ago. trying to get back into the world but i dunno man. i want to believe all the effort is worth it in the end.

knew one guy like this in the army. he was on his third time active. the only way i could go back is flight warrant or chaplain.

College starts tomorrow and I’m terrified. I woke up at 2am this morning feeling extremely stressed

I know that feel. Kind of like arriving to a new unit. Don't worry about it my man, you'll hit the ground running and adjust well no doubt.

I hope so. I feel sick with worry

You'll feel worse if you don't get any sleep. It'll be fine. You already know what you're supposed to be doing, lots of kids don't. Show up early, come prepared, learn the campus ahead of time, etc. Do some deep breathing exercises.

Same here, just getting back into it after I got my discharge. It helps to think that its still basically highschool except you get to choose your classes. All the kids around you are highschool grads who are just as terrified as you are.

>>It depends, for some guys they’re just war junkies. They’ll never get it back, and it’s a drug nothing on this earth compares to.

I know this feel all too well. I watched my cousin break down from it. Both of us did but he had it worse.

I come from a military family, pops was a Vietnam vet and his twin brother same. Except pops went Army and Twin went marine. So me and my cuz went the same route as our fathers. Our fathers fought in the late stages of the war and officially go out of the military in 89.

I was part of 3rd ID from 2010 to 2015 and cuz was 2nd marine 2010-2016

Both did combat tours, and man I can’t describe the feeling. Just being in nature and hearing that SWOOSH fly past your head. Heart racing only to come to a calm rhythm, you get so conditioned to it, the only goal set on your mind is protecting your brothers and killing the mother fucker. Once it’s all over the dopamine and rush is still pumping through you. You want some more, and once the deployment ends. You just sit on that fucking jet wondering.

>That’s it? That was quick

When I broke down, I was hiking with my mother and pops. And in the middle of that hike. We were going up a small slope. And for one brief second, I felt like I was on a foot patrol and I was hit with an instant flashback. I could smell the shit road in Afghanistan. I could hear the little kids laughing and saying “MISTA!” And I could hear the Pashtun voices. I remember walking 10 yards and I yelled out;

>HEY TAYLOR AT OUR 2 I GOT A SUM BITCH WITH 7.62 PACING BACK AND FORTH

And my old man knew right away what was happening. And then everything snapped back to normal and I started freaking out because I wanted to go back, right then and there. Drop everything re-enlist and be with my boys again. And I remember my old man grabbing me saying snap the fuck out of it. It happened and it’s over snap the fuck out of it you shitbag! And I started crying.

When my cousin broke down, he used up 17 rounds of 30-06 on a buck and after it was dead he emptied two whole mags of .45 into it. And then he left it there rotting in the woods. He ended up getting into a physical with his brother and dad because he woke up one night from a disel truck backfiring and he flipped the fuck out. Poor fucking marine but he ended up re-enlisting and he’s a drill instructor out of San Diego.

I honestly unironically do believe Jarhead is the most underrated film of all time

This is real shit. Every war is different but in every war there is suffering

F

Attached: 71E4C8E7-0089-463F-98FF-5603D36B2136.jpg (800x450, 199K)

It’s sad man, they were in a major war with the 5th biggest army in he world. And in the end, only the tanks and pilots saw combat. Desert Storm sucked ass

Will I regret not seeing combat if I serve in the foreign legion?