No-guns fag here, thinking of buying a shotgun and a revolver

No-guns fag here, thinking of buying a shotgun and a revolver.
What brands should I look for?
Currently trapped in New Jersey, but I'm leaving in 2 to 3 years, I know how to get a permit.

Attached: 1547320738139.jpg (629x505, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_10
thesurvivalistblog.net/smith-and-wesson-model-10-review/
youtube.com/watch?v=lGcr5JsYcW0
youtube.com/watch?v=jsqKeQhobOM
youtube.com/watch?v=WyuWY3NU3e8
gunbroker.com/Revolvers/search?PageSize=96&Sort=4&View=1&mfg=1000259&mo=3001877&Condition=4
youtube.com/watch?v=X1nu5SWdV4E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mossberg 590.

Just don't get a shockwave. They are memecore as fuck, but shit irl

>thinking of buying a shotgun and a revolver.
>What brands should I look for?
Glock

>NJ
You poor sod. Even Canada is better.

ruger sp101 or gp100 for your revolver
mossberg for your shotty

>Shotgun
Mossberg 500 is the default recommendation. They're cheap and generally work well. I've had one for years and am totally satisfied with it.

Personally I recommend the combo deal with the 18.5" and 28" barrels, as that permits you to use the shotgun for home defense/blasting shit with the 18.5" barrel and skeet/trap with the 28".
Note that the Mossberg 500 design does not allow for magazine tube extensions, so you are then limited to a 5+1 capacity. This is the setup I have and I don't mind it. If you specifically want 7+1 you would buy the 20" security model, but you are then stuck with a 20" cylinder bore barrel that a lot of trap/skeet ranges don't allow (although your local one might).

The Maverick 88 is a poorfag model and the 590 is a beefed-up police/military model.

I also recommend a used Winchester 1300 if you can find one. The action is slick as buttered glass. They're in production today as the SXP, but it's made in Turkey (if you have some sort of objection to that) and the old ones are just a bit nicer. There is a Chinese clone of it sold by Stevens as well, but I recommend steering clear as those are pretty flimsy, I've seen several break magazine tubes or action bars.

The Chinese Remington 870 clone is much better though, and I'd recommend that in a heartbeat if you feel you prefer the 870 over the Mossberg. It is sold as the IAC 982 Hawk or H&R Pardner Pump.

>Revolver
If you can find a used Ruger Security Six those are pretty cheap, common and rock solid. I've had one for years as well and am pleased as punch with it. It is out of production however, although Ruger's GP-100 is similar mechanically and beefed up further.

As for S&W, you can buy a 686 or a 66, but I recommend buying a used one. Classic Smiths are very nicely crafted and they are also quite abundant. You can get a police trade-in Mod. 10 for very little, or a 28 if you get lucky.

Attached: 9742_mossberg500.jpg (600x600, 19K)

Budget: Remington 870 or Mossberg 500
No Budget Bennelli M-4
Revolver S&W .44 magnum 4" Mountain Gun
It is controllable.

What're you talking about? The 590 Shockwave is what the Marine Crops and the Green Blankets use for a shotgun.

Attached: 50647_590_Shock-Sawpng-1920x627.png (1920x627, 549K)

Hawaii fag here, also thinking of buying a gun soon, but the laws here are really strict and there’s not much in the way of ranges.

2 to 3 years and I'm out.
It's how I stay sane.

Alrighty, so a Mossberg for sure, seems the easiest to buy and upkeep.
The Ruger security six looks neat as all hell, but I am unsure what cartridge to use.

cheapish, cheap spare parts, lasts for a long time with painstaking care. okayish gun.

yeah sounds about US Military specs for sure.

Go for .357 Magnum. You can also shoot .38 Special through it for low recoil/cost practice. Just make sure you clean the chambers of the cylinder before shooting .357 in it again, as the buildup of carbon where the .38 casing ends will interfere with the .357's brass, causing problems.
Alternatively, you could go for a revolver in 9x19 using clips. Very fast reloads that way.

Attached: Glock-Revolver-21R.jpg (800x500, 47K)

.357 magnum
Pretty much your best all around revolver chambering
.357 mag and .38spl +p pack a reasonably punch
.357 recoil is middle of the road while .38 is lighter
.38 spl is cheap range food

Just get a glock 48 when it comes out

Attached: Glock-48-vs-Glock-43X.jpg (660x371, 49K)

>shotgun
Mossberg 500/590 with the combo barrel. Mav 88 if you're an absolute poorfag and can't save a few dollars. Old 870s work too if you can find a good deal, just get them pre 2007.
>revolver
Ruger if new, S&W if you can find a pre-lock. Modern S&Ws are okay but they're not as good as pre-locks. Get a .357 if you can.

Any reason you don't want an auto-loader or rifle? People tend to prefer those as first guns.

RSS comes in .357 Magnum as standard. There were 9mm, .38 S&W and .38spl only versions made but all of those are rare.

Typically you will find one in .357 Magnum which can also natively fire .38 Special without any modification.
.357 Mag is .38 Special stretched out a little with a larger powder charge, the extra case length is more to prevent people with .38-only guns accidentally loading it in and blowing their guns up.

.357 is a great innawoods/self-defense cartridge, whereas .38 is a bit cheaper to shoot and has less felt recoil. There are .38 +P loads as well which are quite effective for protection.

Save your money and take a bus out of NJ immediately.

Like serious mein nigga, if you come out to West texas on the dollars you have right now, you can swing your dick and hit 20 jobs paying at least 15 bucks an hr each.

Intimidation value when dealing with robbers.
God I wish I could

Are you serious?

Yes. Dead serious. Walmart cannot keep people employed for less than 14 an hour. Like literal fast food jobs in odessa pay better than difficult high expectation jobs up north.

Oilfield will see you making 25 an hr starting with zero experience.

Not him but I kind of want to move to TX. Unfortunately my job experience forces me in a big city, specifically Austin, which I hear is no good.

A bus ticket is less than 200 dollaroos.

Is the extra money you're making in the city making you any happier?

I can shoot in my backyard and nobody gives a shit.

Holy shit. I've moving there as soon as possible.
I'd rather drive honestly.
Buses aren't my thing, too many people for too long. I can hoard cash for the trip.

I enjoy the type of work I do and wouldn't want to give it up just for muh guns, it's more the politics or community of those cities that worries me.
If I can live in a smaller suburb town just outside of Austin or wherever that's comfy, and still do the work I enjoy, I'd gladly take it. I just don't know the status of Texas cities or Austin.

Good luck and Godspeed user. I hope your exodus from NJ works out.

Plano is a good place to be if you're making shitloads of cash.

Dallas suburb, pretty redpilled place.

Drop an anonymous contact method and I might be able to help you with immigrating.

I won't go as far as saying I make a shitload, but I'll check it out if life leads me to DFW, thanks.
My current prospect, assuming I'd end up in Austin, is something like or around Round Rock or Georgetown.

Austin is the containment area, but it's leaking. Houston is full of crime because of Katrina. Dallas is nicer but Austin is leaking, and corporate culture is infectious.

I'd rank Dallas>San Antonio>Houston=Austin.

San antonio is actually the best now that I think about it.

Sorry man, I really can't bring myself to trust people I don't know.
Thank you. It'll be nice to not smell piss when I go outside.

Honestly Austin liberals are just as bad as california liberals. It's not the place to be if you're a red blooded american. I'd pick San Antonio if you've absolutely got to live in a city, dallas is one big ass suburb but it isn't a bad place.

Staring down the barrel of any gun is intimidating, but double-action revolvers also have a very learning curve, so you're not on the wrong track per se.

Also I forgot to mention. Most full-size .257 revolvers will come in either 4" or 6" barrel lengths. Go with the 4" if you intend to use it for personal protection. Points better, easier to conceal if need be and harder to grab at. You are mostly giving up sight radius.
I'm hoping to move to suburbs outside Austin soon. Spent a week in Austin a few months ago and generally liked it, east side is a little rough but all in all it's not as far down the drain as the bay is.

If you look around the west/north-west suburbs like Cedar Park, Jollyville, or Anderson Mill it's pretty affordable but not a ghetto. The closer you get to I35 the shittier it gets though and east of I35 gets shitty. Not the worst ghettos I've ever seen, but I don't plan to live there.

>New Jersey
Buy a high powered slingshot with lead balls. No sound except for *Flick* and the guy screaming.

Mossberg 500/590 or 835 if you hunt.
Ruger GP100 or S&W Model 66.

That's the problem with our society in a nutshell right there. Lack of community.

Obnoxious liberals are easy to deal with, you just tell them to fuck off and enjoy them being angry at nothing. 99% of them are impotent failures who will never have toe nerve to do anything more than blogpost later that day about you triggering them.

Hood rats are more of a real threat because there will always be a few looking to boost some shit, potentially at gunpoint. I won't be around to watch my stuff at all times, so even if I have the means and legal right to shoot them, that by itself is no guarantee of security.

That said +1 on San Antonio, it's a very nice city all around. Didn't have time to drive over to see the Alamo, so I plan to do that on the next visit.
Anything you recommend seeing while there?

That's unfortunate. I've had more than enough of my fair share of Californians, and I can't say I'm interested in living among more of them. At least one advantage is that I know exactly how to deal with them and have the experience to back it.
It's a similar boat for me, but from a lot longer ago. It seems to have a good amount of things I like, but is mixed with things I hate, and I refuse to live in full blown cities. I'll check out those areas if relocation becomes a real hot topic for me again.

Thanks for the advice TXanons and prospective-TX guy.

Have a nice lobster/steak dinner on the riverwalk right before sundown. The sun should hit the water just right at about that time, you'll know the place I'm talking about because it faces west.

Is it a place called Little Rhein Steak House?

I've lived in New Jersey for nineteen years, I know people who got shot just for being trusting enough to check on a person.

It could be. Been over 10 years since I've been there, but it should be telling enough that I remember it.

When you're seated, when you look west, you should be able to see all the way down the river walk. When the sun hits the water at sunset it's very picturesque.

Story time?

>revolver.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_10

thesurvivalistblog.net/smith-and-wesson-model-10-review/

youtube.com/watch?v=lGcr5JsYcW0

youtube.com/watch?v=jsqKeQhobOM

youtube.com/watch?v=WyuWY3NU3e8

gunbroker.com/Revolvers/search?PageSize=96&Sort=4&View=1&mfg=1000259&mo=3001877&Condition=4

www.thesixgunjournal.net/a-revolver-buyers-checklist/

youtube.com/watch?v=X1nu5SWdV4E

Attached: S&W - Military and Police.jpg (1200x587, 144K)