Loaded chamber indicators are an improved means to an unimproved end...

Loaded chamber indicators are an improved means to an unimproved end. You shouldn't be checking to see if your gun is loaded. Your gun should always be loaded. The only time it should be empty is when you just fired off the last round, at which point, you should immediately insert a full magazine and drop the slide.

Attached: loaded chamber indicator.jpg (640x480, 20K)

that ATI is pure sex

nice autism OP

>nice autism OP
What does that even mean? Has the word autism now become a grunt of disapproval for anything you dislike?

it means your misguided opinions are founded on obsessive behavior. not every gun should always be loaded, fucking retard.

>not every gun should always be loaded
And that's where you're wrong. Every gun needs to be loaded in order to fire. A gun which will not fire is a fucking paperweight. It's fine to unload your guns before greasing them up for long term inactive storage, but as soon as you take that gun out of the safe, you need to load it.

AND chamber? that is what your OP is stating.

Fuck you and fuck this stupid bait thread

nah, I think OP is just enough of a stupid mongrel to think his newguns opinion is the only one that matters

No gun should ever be loaded because every gun should be firing rounds at all times

So what you're saying is a gun shouldn't always be loaded? I think you're confused what always means. You can't say always and then start adding exceptions after someone calls you autistic for saying always.

Attached: 1497306684018.jpg (960x960, 109K)

>So what you're saying is a gun shouldn't always be loaded?
No, I did not say that. I said that I wouldn't hold it against you if you left your safequeens unloaded, since you're not even using them anyway.

Back to my original point, there is no point to having a loaded chamber indicator.

it obviates the need for press checks.

visual verification is ALWAYS going to be necessary. you can't just assume.

Every gun IS loaded, even if It's not actually loaded.

Attached: 1546960137066.png (500x400, 17K)

>it obviates the need for press checks.
There is no need for press checks, and there never was.
>visual verification is ALWAYS going to be necessary. you can't just assume.
Did you drop the slide on a full magazine? Then that's your verification.

but there are some pistols that don't have manual safeties that I don't want to carry on a loaded chamber.

it would be great if every pistol was a 1911, but that is not the case.

(OP btfo, expected to not recover and should not post again)

Attached: 1532539538133.jpg (200x222, 6K)

>but there are some pistols that don't have manual safeties that I don't want to carry on a loaded chamber.
Quit being a safety Sally. Carry loaded or not at all.

>Quit being a safety Sally. Carry loaded or not at all.
I will carry however the fuck I want, you fuckin fat-handed failure.

Fuck off with your gay thread. Quads have spoken.

Schrodinger's Gat

>OP is just enough of a stupid mongrel to think his newguns opinion is the only one that matters
/thread

>All your guns should be loaded all the time
>Keep them loaded when you clean them
>Keep them loaded in the safe
>Keep the hammer resting on the primer of a live cartridge when you carry
>You always need to be ready for an instant gun fight, with no time to even chamber a round
>ND's are just part of life when you are this prepared!

Complete disregard for even the most basic principles of firearm safety. Enjoy your ND's OP.

Your tism is going wild, brah, but
>You always need to be ready for an instant gun fight, with no time to even chamber a round
If you CC, you damn well be ready to let off that first round within a one handed draw motion, hence, revolvers.

>revolver master race

Attached: 38lcr.jpg (4032x3024, 1.05M)

>The only time it should be empty is when you just fired off the last round, at which point, you should immediately insert a full magazine and drop the slide.
That's gonna make cleaning and dry firing more fun

I know this is bait but

>take my shotgun out of the safe because I wanna shoot some trap
>better immediately load it with my target loads in case I'm attacked by a flock of rabid clay pigeons

Attached: fag-enabler.jpg (640x960, 86K)

>Keep the hammer resting on the primer of a live cartridge when you carry
Do you not DA first pull?

Kek

>visual verification is ALWAYS going to be necessary. you can't just assume.

It's dark. There is a noise in the house. I grab my 12 gauge, pistol, or whatever. Loaded, but no round chambered. I can't see shit.

Just rack the slide. The worst that will happen is that I eject a round. The best is that the neighborhood dindus know what a shotgun slide sounds like and are on their way out the door.

I've never understood loader chamber indicators. If you forget to check the chamber won't you forget to check your chamber indicator? I have a gun with one and I don't think I've ever looked at it.

I'm not sure, but I think the original idea is so you can check that the chamber is empty without manipulating the slide, and thus without the possibility of inserting a new round in the chamber.

You know there's some retard out there carrying with a loaded magazine and an empty chamber, who would at some point yank on the slide to confirm the chamber is empty, but somehow accidentally rack it the whole way and chamber a round without realizing it.
Loaded chamber indicators exist to protect this one-in-a-million retard from himself.

Got me kekin', amigo

Attached: grug happy.png (485x443, 31K)

upper kek

>There is no need for press checks, and there never was.
Yeah, because who ever needs to ensure that their life saving device is fully functional?

Attached: 1546880549105.jpg (540x706, 73K)

>an improved means to an unimproved end
You should slam your balls in a drawer for having written this sentence.

Why the fuck would you load and not chamber? Might as well not load.

GR8 B8 M8

>but there are some pistols that don't have manual safeties that I don't want to carry on a loaded chamber.
Like what?

If it's something that's genuinely unsafe then don't carry it otherwise understand how it's safety mechanisms work and get over it.

>Complete disregard for even the most basic principles of firearm safety.
That's funny from someone that doesn't understand how modern guns work and is ignoring the very first rule of firearm safety:

>Treat all guns as if they are always loaded.

i kek'd

Attached: 1540080659635.png (500x387, 114K)

Do you know what century you are living in?
>Loaded, but no round chambered
That's your first mistake.
Someone who has already dropped the slide on a loaded magazine.
Not an argument.

>Schrodinger's Gat
I like it

Attached: honi honi.gif (183x198, 171K)

shit, the new pistol I have being mailed to my FFL is probably unloaded this very second. how did I go so wrong in life guys

>not keeping shell chambered in shotgun
What is drop safety

>Treat all guns as if they are loaded
Is not
>Keep all guns loaded and cocked all the time

The only indicator l trust is one that lets me see the brass

If he ment full mag he would have said full mag. He said loaded. So yes chambered. Loaded

Someone with some fucking sense for once, jeez