Underated utility items

This is a underated thread

>be out having picnic with gf and her sister
>find pic related in the grass
>neat probably never use it
>cut to two years later
>use it once a week

I always thought multi tools were a dumb fashion statement until i had one. It makes my life easier without fail once a week and has prevented a seriously shitty situation twice.

Attached: BBB93249-3E15-4556-83F7-4AD221107A6E.jpg (425x425, 21K)

I had a wingman once, the plier tension busted on the first use. Have a gerber now.

*crack*
Victorinox multitool -- had mine in iraq and still carry it, going on 15 years
~~siiiiiiiiiip~

multitools are great and everyone who says otherwise is an annoying contrarian dumbshit

the wingman's bottle opener sucks though

Word. It works better then beating it over the table though, you don’t get foam everywhere

Yo, the wingman saved my life in World War Fuckin' 'Nam.

>Actually used it to gundeck maintenance checks

Multitool + picrelated and a spacepen in your coin pocket is all a working man needs

Attached: 3C5EB290-9C1C-4FF7-9A0F-0644EBFAF868.jpg (1360x1015, 257K)

If it's like the one on the wave, I suspect it's just a can opener. Opens cans great, incidentally functions as shitty bottle opener just because you can kind of wedge a bottle cap in there. Wish they'd include a proper bottle opener; I open more bottles than cans, and I suspect most people do.

Multitools are a godsend. I was also gifted a Raptor. It worked well enough for me to buy a second pair and throw it in the IFAK.

Attached: 20190114_155427.jpg (4032x1960, 2.36M)

That's nice, sucks that they blow major goats now. Might as well get a Gerber.

I use my good ol' leatherman wave literally every single day whether it's for snipping something, turning screws, or plucking a unibrow hair.

I got the MUT because I'm an autistic LARPer. use it every damn day just about.

I have a wingman, it's my 2nd, I love it

Have a vic swisstool spirit in the car hut carry a SAK in my pocket daily

I could get away without mine because I'm always near my truck, but it's convenient not to dig for tools. I mostly use mine for things I could have done without it ( cutting seals that I could just bent until they broke,) but it's nice to have all the same.

the wave doesnt have tweezers
does it?

You could have just turned it in for their lifetime warranty.

The Leatherman Wave is a beast of a multi tool and I carry one in my bag always. I love it for backpacking and doing field work (IT). It’s usefulness is only paralleled by its design and feel. It’s the true Leatherman experience.

The Wingman is the kinda budget not as nice clunky Leatherman for poors. Stop being poor and get a Wave.

If you switched to a Gerber, congrats on conquering being somewhat poor but now you have to work on not being stupid as fuck. You probably like Five Finger Death Punch.

Respect the Victorinox.

Wingman/sidekick are overpriced for what they are.

>tfw the wave will never have the badass scissors that the surge has

Attached: 1449471627878.png (1080x1080, 1.37M)

Tbh most leathermans are a waste of space and weight. One of my favorite multitools is the crkt zillatool. A nice Full sized assisted opening locking knife blade, spring loaded pliers with a large handle thats comfy to use, and a bit driver with interchangable bits. Everything can be used one handed and its pretty light with none of those useless tools traditional leatherman have.
Only downside is its really long which makes casual edc a pain(they make a mino version thou) and theres no way to carry extra bits on the multitool itself besides the two it comes with.

That's why I carry a knife and a multi tool. Barring a knife, your cheap plastic lighters also work. Or a screwdriver. Or a reasonably sharp 90 degree angle. Or drink whiskey. Or screw the top off.

two way pocket clips on flashlights. being able to use my Microstream as a mini headlamp on the bill of my hat has been so handy multiple times. recently upped my EDC to the ProTac 1L-1AA and i'm glad it has the same functionality.

I found mine in the grass if you care to read even the first post. But I wouldn’t pay fifty bucks for it.
I keep mine in the car, i also have cargo pants to i just keep it in the big pocket on my legs its a bitch to keep in your front pocket unless its the only thing your carrying.

Also has anyone noticed how having a multi tool gets some girls pussies wet? Like having a screwdriver, some scissors or plyers when a girl needs them impresses the fuck out of them. They are weird like that.

Attached: 6796E091-E527-4A51-80A6-251F9BA6786C.png (1024x1023, 1.56M)

What changed with Victorinox that they suck now? My ~5yr old Swiss tool is great

>requires a tool for blade changes
>no blade storage on knife
Not a working man's tool.

Attached: fastback.jpg (1000x1000, 34K)

++ on the Raptor, I thought it felt like a brick when they first came out but wifey(ER nurse) asked me to find one for her in red now half the staff on her floor has one.

just a microstream in general, as a cheap spare

Girls like dudes who are prepared and/or have problem solving skills.

K but its a multi tool and all you did was unscrew something, yet they look at you like your a god, almost as if they’ve never seen anything like it before. Women are dumb like chimps.

Like dudes are dumb in one way. like if a girl is hot we will overlook a lot of shit and still think there awsome even if they’re a sack of shit.

Women are dumb with other stuff though. Buy them something shiny, fix something, own a multi tool, whatever. An they get just as stupid and unreasonable as you do when you see a hot girl. My last gf would brag for years at gatherings about how i knew how to change her oil. Nice right? Well guess what no one but her was ever impressed so it was just a embarrassing three minute conversation we had multiple times over a year.

Same here. Most often than not I have my real tools but occasionally if I don’t have anything else on me at the particular moment the multi tool becomes great.

swiss one handed trekker

easily the best swiss army knife ever made and better than any bullshit multitool with pliers

Victorinox tinker is my edc.

Weighs next to nothing, actually fits perfectly into that little mini pocket on jeans. Great slicing blade, opens bottles and cans, turns flat and phillips head screws, drills holes. And the tweesers and toothpick have been invaluable at times.

Attached: image.jpg (640x560, 25K)

Lmao pliers are one of the most useful tools you can have. What do you do, work in an office?

It's a bottle opener (and has a wire cutter on it as well). I use it all the time bro, just get the angle really low.