/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

The rents edition.

previous thread:
LOING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
LOING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = THEY KNOW
>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

CG info
gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

ASVAB for Dummys
mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: 15234324234.jpg (1080x720, 150K)

>the rents
?
Is this a new meme I missed out on

>are you my new daddy.jpg

There's literally nothing wrong with the rents you faggots.

First to ask if NG+ROTC is a good idea before commissioning

>have a briefing with my recruiter later on today
>she tells me i'm going to have to go to the hotel for the MEPS physical in the morning
n-nani? All these events are coming very fast, but goddamnit I'm fucking excited desu senpai

Attached: 1485310329987.jpg (225x225, 11K)

Sure, it gets you familiar with some parts of the military without sacrificing all of your freedom, and there are some neat benefits

you arent the first and dont go infantry, maybe do something related to your degree or whatever branch your going for good luck user. you wont sleep at the hotel. and remember at MEPS theyll try to get you to come clean on anything you might be hiding, dont fall for it. oh, and clean your taint its getting a visitor

is this where I sign up to die for israel?

Will they keep us up all night or some shit? Will I be able to shower at the hotel?

my rents want me to fight for israel, but I don't want to align with the JIDF. what do?

Is it easier to become an officer in the fulltime guard with no prior service, or by transferring from active?

Would the military dab on me if I got a meme law degree at a cheapass meme college and then tried to comission?

The mom looks like a qt 3.14

Speak for yourself, those hotel beds were pretty comfy. Then again we got sent to a rather nice one and I’m not too picky about where I sleep.
No, you’ll get up at 4 in the morning or so and do all your freshing up (shower, shave, brush teeth, etc.) then go downstairs by 5. Get some breakfast (don’t drink juice or coffee), go to MEPS, do all the fun and wonderful MEPS stuff, get a rate/MOS that hopefully isn’t retarded or too far off from your interests, and go home. You’ll also probably have a roommate, but it isn’t a guarantee.

Does machinery tech or gunner's mate require any form of security clearance in coast guard? I want both for potential career prospects but I'm leaning towards machinery tech.

Attached: Please help me for the love of god.jpg (550x550, 43K)

Will they have all the toiletries for me there? Or would I have to bring my own? Thanks so much for the info user!

>replies to the first post
>claims hes first
what did he mean by this?

You’ll have to bring your own toothbrush/paste but they do have soap and towels there. Remember you’re still in a hotel room, it has hotel room stuff.

Yes.

Are there any good write ups on what a normal day is like as a commissioned officer in the airforce? Like just the breakdown. Of how your time works out?

awesome thanks, ill bring my own razor as well then!

Just get as much shuteye as you can, regardless of what happens it is going to be a long day. Look over your contract too once you get to that part, it isn’t that long and it’ll tell you everything you will need to know. Try to get something that interests you as well, be ready to fight for it if you have to.

Someone tell me the process of an investigation for a TS vs S clearance. Do they only call who you list a reference?

WHAT JOBS DONT AAAAAAAAAAAA PLEASE
PLEASE
TS they do in person interviews of references from what I've read

Will do user, thanks again!

Okay so they can only talk to who you list right? Someone in the last thread said they ask people from your schools/jobs, and they ask people who else they could ask. I couldn't tell if that part was true or not.

For TS they activate ten agents that went to your school and pretended to be normal people, they track your cell phone records and entire conversation and text history, run a scan of your social media and anyone with at least a third removed connection to you and your friends, they also attempt to seduce your mother and get her to tell all of your secrets, and ask you to justify every single money movement in the past ten years.

Secret they just make sure you don't have any warrants or overwhelming debt.

If I study abroad am I fucked for my SF-86

My mother is dead. Does this mean I can't get a TS?

Nah I'm not sure but i think that they'll accept any degree as long as it's from an accredited college

Yes. Sorry, user, you'll never be a Marine Infantry.

What do if PSSQ denied?

Anyone serve aboard a cutter in the CG?
I wanted to be a mechanical tech or an armorer but no one knows anything about this. Would appreciate any advice.
Already have some friends for references.

Attached: CUTTER.jpg (920x613, 52K)

>recruiter came back from leave today
>asked him if he knew what the status of my waiver was
>said he’d check today at work
>been waiting about 3.5 hours for a response

I know the dude is busy, but I’m just getting a tad antsy. Been waiting for about 2 months now. I just wanna sperg out in the woods with guns

Blow up his phone or show up to his office in person

I’d rather not piss off the guy who’s in control of telling me my fate at the moment

Why are americans such boot-licking pansies?

Stop by the fucking office.
Let this be your first lesson to not trust some staff sergeant to decide your fate.
When you're actually in the military if you don't ride their asses about getting you your paperwork or submitting it for you, your life will be miserable.

Seriously there's a chance right now that he never even submitted for your waiver. Get in there and see what's up.

I'm 24 with a college degree and finished with a shit gpa due to my early party years.
Was interested in forcerecon. Could I make it in with a shit GPA? Also, even tho I have a degree I think I want to enlist because I'd rather 'do' instead of manage. I can manage now and have before, and from what I read here it's not good at all if an officer tries to work side-by-side with enlisted and chum it up, to my understanding

Attached: 1513992753797.png (638x359, 247K)

I’ll stop by after work I suppose. The not submitting shot already happened a while ago, and he had gone to some training course for like a month. When he got back and I asked him about it, he asked his commander who said i hadn’t put all my addresses down correctly and so they couldn’t send the waiver out until that was fixed. I goddamn nearly bust a blood vessel and bothered them every day until they confirmed they’d sent the waiver out in November. Hopefully it’s not something like that again. I’d lose my shit. I’ll give him till 2pm and if I still don’t hear anything I’ll head over. Thank you for the wise words user

what's pharmacy tech like in the military, any good?

Can’t the military access your medical records if you get injured while serving? Wouldn’t that mean they can find something you lied about if you get hurt?

Do you think there's some central repository for "medical records" where every little thing anyone has ever had go wrong with their body is meticulously recorded?

Unironically yes.

My mom is a nurse and is freaking out about this. I recently fucked up my ankle and she's worried if I see a doctor for this that MEPS will find out.

What's with Air Force males love of fat chicks, LOL?

Attached: dabbed.jpg (1070x595, 62K)

You're not stopping by at all.
If you do go there you'll be nervous as fuck and go "h-hey sarge sorry to bother you must be busy haha"
>Oh user. Yeah waiver didnt go through. Sorry kid
"oh h-ha ha, okay, thanks"

Being too much of a pussy to check if he isn't getting fucked over is par for the course in the USAF, he'll blend right in.

Attached: air force body language.jpg (350x409, 98K)

if you think that's exclusive of the AF, you're wrong.

>Branch wars
Lol

Who's that in the picture?

Attached: 136.jpg (640x621, 66K)

This pic triggers me the more I look at it...

Attached: 1530544603398.jpg (183x326, 7K)

Is it because you know a family like that can never truly exist without infidelity and alcoholism?

I was referring to the uniform and regs alone...but thank you for the reminder that I havent taken my daily Blackpill today.

Attached: 1547133708599.png (588x434, 237K)

Was forTrust me alcoholism is rampant in my job (maintainer) fuck I get shitfaced nearly every night and gox myself in the morning.

They can if they have an open relationship, like most enlisted parents.

Attached: military enlisted family.jpg (500x750, 107K)

>walking talking regulation

>thinking open relationships last
>thinking she wont leave you when she finds someone better than you because you let her sleep around
>thinking she wont take half your stuff and your children
>settling as a cuck

Nah its like they didnt even try.

Trust me. If I wasnt in maintenance I'd probably have thrice the paperwork I have now for reg violations alone. Fuck one of my uniforms looks like night camo and that I killed someone from all the grease/carbon stains and the hydrostain down my fucking chest.

Thanks Dr. Phil

This marriage is cancer for millenials. Best bet is to fake your identify when you fuck around. You'll never get to know your kids but you wont end up divorced and giving your paycheck to some dock gobbling whore who's sucked out three other men's fucking souls in the process.

*cock

Based military wife swapper

Attached: average marine wife Brittany Killgore - military wives marriage.jpg (1200x675, 77K)

Tfw just found out that I can request documents to be deleted from my local hospital

Every mil dude I know has a wife that takes stupid pics like this.

My ideal job is in the AF, but I like dudebro Army/Marine culture more...

bumping question, any advice for mech tech or gunners mates? whats it like, pay rates, etc?

You'd be better off doing the same job on the outside unless you want the military to pay for college. It is quite literally the same job, but just like any other role in the military, you won't be doing your job all of the time, so civilians actually end up getting more job experience (and better pay).

>tfw slowly realizing you are never going to make it into the army
Wish I wasn't born with defective elbows. I'm a great shot but I can't fucking do push ups.

If you don't have a bastard child in whatever foreign country you've been deployed to, then you're doing deployments all wrong

Goddamn does it feel good to know that there are at least 4 Korean half-breed bastards that I don't have to pay for

Tfw no more manvi

Is your recruiter a babe?

1st for TRANS TROOPS! The future of the US military. It you're trans or considering transitioning, come join us.

Attached: 1522287635873.jpg (960x600, 80K)

Israel is gonna defend themselves now, time to fuck up Africa/SA

>Neither is an officer

Attached: 1547138563190.jpg (549x708, 206K)

when WW3 comes China isnt going to take those demons as prisoners, they'll just shoot them and burn the bodies.

Considering their suicide rate, most of them won't make it to ww3.

Can anyone help me out with this one?

Attached: party_hard.jpg (800x600, 70K)

Thats just enlisted military all around, is it not? Fat chicks love free bennies

Jesus christ user based and redpilled, but don't you ever think of the little mutts you left behind with no father figure in their lives?

Some beta will rescue them, same as always. Wouldn't be surprised if the beta that ends up their stepkid is another enlisted fucktard.

The kid will likely end up a criminal/behavior problem that joins the military if male or a slut/single mother if female. We need people like that, helps with employment in the service industry.

They might unironically be doing us a favor in that case

Is this how members of the Filipino Mafia come to exist?

Doesn't matter, uncle sam can't get at your medical records without your express permission anyway.

Idk but I'm from Seattle and used to drive by that CG flotilla perma-parked downtown all the time. Seems like those bitches almost never move (2x icebreakers and 2x cutters).

There's also a Burke drydocked in Seattle at the moment.

Hey you got me there and your digits dont lie. Our boys are always gonna need sluts to smash. But just to play devils advocate, dont you think a lot of those children end up becoming whores/criminals because there is no father figure around to properly discipline them?

Unless they are yazidi or Assyrian. Then you try to wife that shit, at least you know she can shoot.

TFW you will never be stuck at home during the seige of Saigon having your local wife feeding you mags for your M16 while she and her brother slot commies from the kitchen with M14s stolen from the ARVN.

Attached: yazidi1.png (640x480, 131K)

They'll probably start activating soon, Russia has been fucking around a lot in the arctic and we need to have a proper response to that

Prior enlisted soldier here who got out, is using the GI Bill to go to school and has 2 semesters left of undergrad.
I have strongly been considering law school because i want to do JAG. But that shit is expensive as fuck whereas my undergrad will be completely free.
Convince me when why i shouldn't just do OCS and be a regular officer or if i should go to law school and be a JAG instead

Military is fucked politically. Stay out.

if Ive gone to school before will they know I dropped out a few times dont want my college credits to show up

>Marrying a foreign woman who is willing to marry a guy in uniform

They look at us the way we look at them. They think we "arr rook arike" and call us "big nose" or "wet dog"

Who cares?

2 more years of Trump and then we'll get a war mongering Dem president.
Once Trump is gone the military will go back to the bloated mess it was before so there will be plenty of opportunities

Found the jew

Nah they'll just turn it into more fucking social experiments like fucking obongo did.

Well, wouldn't we be unintentionally contributing to the constant downfall and problems of those countries if we keep flooding their lands with fatherlesss children? Similar to the plight African Americans have in our own inner cities.

Again just playing devil's addvocate. I'm sure i have an uncle or two hanging around in the Philippines or where ever my Grandfather made port during Korea

Bro, 2020 is locked for Trump