Walther Relaunching PPK & PPK/S

Walther announced today that they're relaunching the non-22LR PPK and PPKS in burgerland after shot show, in blued and stainless.
How much of a market will this actually have? They can't honestly think that an all steel blowback .380 would go after the concealed carry market...
>no word on if it's the smith & walther design that basically killed the ppk last time.

Attached: walther-logo-r-e1524851215900-660x313.png (660x313, 186K)

Other urls found in this thread:

waltherarms.com/walther-support/catalogs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It won't sell well but how much you want to bet the do some sort of shameless Bond Commemorative for the PPK.

I just want someone to touch my pp

Boomers are gonna buy em up.

I think the real question is how much do people *want* a real new Walther PPK and how much is the average person willing to spend just for a stylish, fairly outdated pistol?
They’ll probably end up charging $700+ and you can get an LCP for

I'd probably consider buying one in .32ACP. Just for shits and giggles. No word on if it's going to be available that way, though.

That will probably happen. Isn't the 25th movie or something coming soon?

I wouldn't mind getting a blued one in .32 for the bond memes, but I'd be in no rush for it. I think it's a cool design they'd keep around for a while at a time just for the novelty, history, or pop culture.

I've got a Manurhin PP in .32, which is a pretty good shooter. I wouldn't mind spending a bit of dough (read, sub $400) to get a PPK in .32, though.

>They can't honestly think that an all steel blowback .380 would go after the concealed carry market...
For several years, people wanting to buy "James Bond's gun" have simply been unable to find a new one. Now they can. Boomers gonna boom.

What's the difference? What's wrong with the ones they've been selling? I know they changed some shit with the import laws but what does a relaunch entail?

Attached: 1435282903959.jpg (1283x997, 602K)

They’ll have Jay-mal Bondarius for the advertisement. ‘Sheeeeeeit... Waltha’. will be the new slogan.

Fuck that I want one becauS they are cool.

They haven’t been selling ppks for a long time. They have been produced by interarms for a while (not Anymmore) and the interarms ppks has issues

Smith and Wesson made some for a while, but they were garbage. The Interarms ones were fine.

>$700
>richfag

Attached: 1547421855035.jpg (645x1000, 92K)

>They can't honestly think that an all steel blowback .380 would go after the concealed carry market...

why not. its not a proven design....

Ahhh that’s right I had my companies backwards.

I know they won't, but they really should update the PPK/S to be more modern.
>Double stack magazines like Bersa's cartel PPK
>Longer beaver tail so no slide bite
>Threaded barrel
I'd buy one if they did that, but they won't. They'll probably make some blued and wood grip James Bond version without a threaded barrel for $900

God it isn't a Beretta 92, Walther just let the thing fucking die already and make a new pistol people actually want. At least all the Boomers buying up Colt 1911's are getting a pistol that isn't ass to shoot.

I can't find any news on this. Best I found is Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore offering a preorder on a PPK. Anyone have a source?

Well a PPK has been on my list since before I bought my first gun. I know that realistically they're not the greatest guns but fuck you I want one anyone. Hopefully these are better made than what I've heard about the interarms or S&Ws, and aren't too expensive for a gun that's better suited as a novelty collector gun.

If they will get rid of that fuck awful beavertail and the finishes and QC aren't shit AND it doesn't cost $600 I might get one.

Do we think they would do one in 9mm?

>only selling point of the PP is being le bond gun
>better try to compete with """whites""" in south america selling $200 clones

I'm talking about the PPK/S, not the PPK. The whole point of the PPK/S was to get the closest thing to a PPK imported after the 1968 GCA prohibited it's importation by slapping a PPK slide onto a PP frame. Now that they're making them in the US, the PPK/S is pointless in it's current form.

Fuck that’s awesome news

Who doesn’t wann LARP as James Bond with a PPK

I'll buy one.
I like .32 ACP and I'd like to have a .32 ACP handgun with more than one magazine. .32 ACP works fine but surplus guns only come with one magazine and good night are new mags expensive.

It would be nice to have a threaded barrel and a better beavertail.

Sheeeit... I bought a used interarms one about a month ago. Working condition and all, but a brand new ppks would have been nice...

Attached: 1546405373336.png (336x259, 77K)

>Vodka Martini? The fuck I look like nigga i want a hypnotiq and henny.

Where you getting shot show news?

I'd buy em.
No joke what's the price for them?

It's only on their zuccbook page, weirdly enough.

Can anyone who owns a real vintage PPK confirm--do the DA triggers suck? The word of mouth online is that the DA trigger pull on a PPK is incredibly heavy.

i honestly wouldn't mind one simply because of the Bond flair. It sounds fudd and faggoty as hell, but its what unironically got me into guns with Goldeneye on the N64

Straight blowback 9mm the size of a ppk is a horrendous idea. You'd need either HiPoint size and weight, or a fuckoff heavy spring

Having a straddle on the end to assist with cocking like a crossbow sounds like a great idea.

Yeah, the double action pull sucks. Then again, it's a pocket pistol. Keep in mind, it was from an era when ergonomics and ease came after the aesthetics, so you sort of changed to your gun's style.

I wish Walther would relaunch the fucking P 38. I'd buy that in a heartbeat

There was a batch of postwar P1s that got imported back in September or October of last year. They were selling around the $500 range. Supposedly you can buy surplus P1s for like 100 Euro in Germany.

You're forgetting the external slide stop, probably the best part of the bersa. PPK's have a fucking retarded internal slide stop that makes clearing jams a bitch and a half.

I've got a mid-60s PP, the DA trigger isn't that bad for what it is. Probably around 10, 12 lbs?

I'd buy one in .32 ACP just for the nostalgia.

The PP in .32 is probably the best shooting blowback gun I've ever shot.

Yeah, but they're a grab bag of quality. I'd definitely pay 650 for a new production one

Knowing Germans, it would be closer to 1000 than 650

I want one actually. They are well built, look nice, and since im a 6'3" 150 lanky white person I could easily hide it if i felt like carrying it. I dont like the g43 and i dont trust the p365 even though i really like it. im 25 btw.

However it it sells for over 600 im out fuck that, ill buy something else to hide on my twink body

Don't know why everyone is bitching about this. I'm not a Boomer yet I'd CC one assuming they aren't jam-o-matics like some of the old ones. From the videos I've seen so far, it looks beautifully machined and Walther had said something to the effect of improved feeding reliability. Thing looks classy as fuck and I carry guns that I like. Sure an LCP does the same thing but it's a soulless little shit. I actually like the weight of small, all steel guns like Kahr MK9's and such.

I often meet and get to know no-guns and inevitably introduce them to guns. Don't know how many I've converted into the likes of us but probably a couple out of the dozen plus. It helps to have cool guns that EVERYONE likes the look of.

So much this.
I have a pre war PP in .32 and it's my favorite pistol to shoot.

That fuck awful beaver tail you speak of prevents fuck awful slide bite. Stainless is it's own finish unless you're going for the blued model(no idea why you would when stainless is so sexy). QC might actually be pretty darn good seeing as it's Walther and this is one of their flagships they are trying to bring back.

>AND it doesn't cost $600
No way it's going to cost $600. More like $700 which is roughly the going rate for all stainless subcompact/compacts like pic related

Attached: image.jpg (2047x1535, 313K)

The .380s are kind of hard to shoot, but you can get used to it. The .32s, being what the gun was designed for, are amazing.

they tried, it didn't go so well.
looked hilarious though, I want one.

reminds me of that giant 4lb F/A hi power Canada considered adopting chambered in proprietary .45 SuperFucker.
also those cartoony huge SAAs in 45-70.
clumsy, enlarged versions of ordinary handguns are a sorely underappreciated genre

Attached: W0i4kGE.png (1500x905, 1.87M)

I dont actually see them as that outdated, its a comfortable pistol in a fairly reasonable caliber.

Frankly im probably going to buy one in stainless and im likely to carry it.

Fight me

I did that for a while, in all honesty. Then I bought an LCP II. One less round, but it weighs next to nothing. Much easier to cc.

My 1940 PP’s DA really isn’t that bad, then again it’s had a long time to smooth itself out.

Attached: 115E5F7B-C0A3-497B-ADA9-5F4D5B3FADE3.jpg (3024x4032, 3.77M)

>Makarov isn't a Walther cop....

>That fuck awful beaver tail you speak of prevents fuck awful slide bite.

So does lowering the thumb of your shooting hand on the grip. No one buys a PPK because it's an awesome gun to shoot they buy it because it looks like sex. That beavertail fucks the lines all up and fuck you if you like it I hope you get ass cancer and when you're on your way to the hospital to die a tractor trailer full of sweet milsurp over turns and you have to watch in agony as everyone but you scoops up all the free guns while you watch and slowly expire.

What did he mean by this?

Attached: 3yGPD_d.jpg (640x480, 24K)

they could do a delay blowback like the r51 but not make it remshit.
I actually have the rerelease R51 and it's not bad at all. Only two malfunctions in the first 500, and none in the second. They were both with steel case that the oal wasn't quite right on.

beautiful

I really need to take some beauty shots of this. Mid 60s Manurhin PP.

Attached: IMG_20171217_115828.jpg (3036x4048, 3.51M)

To everyone asking for a source, they just released their 2019 US catalog. waltherarms.com/walther-support/catalogs/

luv my pp

Attached: 716CA520-9E93-4B75-9219-0C0E12441D77.jpg (4032x3024, 2.34M)

I wonder if their CCP M2 will be better than the piece of shit that was the first generation. Looks like they made the takedown toolless but what's really important is that they actually make it able to reliable feed and extract. I really wish they'd start making PPQ's in stainless steel like the CCP's

I love your pp too. No homo.

Where did you get the knife?

Dick Washer’s Club of America

Amazon I think, had it a few years. There’s a P38 knife too but I don’t have the matching grips for that one.

Why not? I carried one for about a year, I'd still be carrying it except that my need for absolute concealment became a greater concern so I bought a bodyguard. The walther was a far better gun, and my personal favorite manual of arms. When I'm not at the office I still usually swap to the walther instead of the Smith.

I'll cop desu but when will they relaunch the P1

Attached: DFvaAV.jpg (1600x967, 489K)

yes pls, I’d like to have one for meme carry

Attached: 90C423B6-140B-46D5-B894-0EB4DD325D57.jpg (3024x3786, 2.78M)

If they're gonna be as bad as the S&W-built PPK's, I think I'll pass.
I'll stick with my 1966 PPK

Attached: 20180617_160206.jpg (4032x2268, 3.2M)

> subcompact blowback for carry in 2019
Hard pass.

> james bond gun
> hitler suicide gun
Interesting....