Is reloading as tedious as it looks?

youtube.com/watch?v=hS0347zstCA

Attached: cheap.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hS0347zstCA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes.

Depends on how tedious you want to get with it.

Reloading is not for the impatient.

Its actually more tedious than it looks.

Attached: wejfl09j.jpg (400x400, 24K)

> this
youtubers edit out all the boring stuff

If you buy in bulk, how expensive is a cheap .223 round? Is it worth spending all that time reloading them? I can see reasons to reload, this doesn't seem like one.

like being called a filthy brass jew at the range?

No.
Reloading .223 for cost savings is retarded, your time would be more efficiently spent at a minimum wage job.

Depends on the deal you get, check www.ammoseek.com.
Do you like saving money and enjoy working with your hands?

Not if you believe time is money.

It's pretty tedious but it can be kind of relaxing. If you have a day off and want a weekend project just spend your day reloading. Listen to some music, have a beer, and do some reloading. Tedious but its satisfying. Melting down lead so it's all shiny and pure feels good. Let your mind wander while reloading the rounds and you'll have a big ass pile of ammo you didnt have before and it just feels nice knowing that you did all that work yourself.

For common stuff, it really is not worth it unless you are already reloading and enjoy it or are chasing the precision dragon.
For your less common things, it can be cost effective but not worth it if you don't enjoy it.
For rare and unicorn stuff, it is practically necessary if you want to shoot that round.

Let your mind wander while reloading and you'll destroy your guns.

Drink while reloading and you will destroy your guns.

>Drinking while reloading
Bad idea
>Mind wondering during reloading
Won’t destroy your guns, if you’re not retarded

I think about tiddies when im reloading.
Big soft smooshy ones.
Little perky firm ones with the puffy nipples.
Pale ones with freckles that have tiny little nipples the color of bubble gum.
Slightly lopsided ones that are still just fuckin stellar because you can fit one in your mouth but not the other one but only barely and she giggles when you try.
Big round chocolate tiddies
Little mosquito bite yellow tiddies
mmm tiddies

Attached: 1431001340320.gif (473x235, 126K)

>tfw you just paid $2/Rd for a dead guy's sketchy reloads because it's still $3 cheaper than factory ammo.

I did this once except it was a big ole bag of .357 reloads for $5.
I had just bought blackhawk in .357 so I was like fuckit this things supposed to be indestructible.
Those fucking things must have had fissionable material in them they made my wrist bones crunchy and split the cases to the head.
oh and the noise they made...it was like standing beside 16" .308 where you can feel it in your sinuses.

This is the right answer.
I reload 218 bee, 32-20, 375h&h, 7.65x53.5 mauser etc for price. I load 45acp bullseye loads and 7.62 match loads for accuracy, and load hotrodded 38 super for the nignogs and 357 magnum for the lever action rifle.
And I buy 5.56 and 9mm by the case, because that stuff just isnt worth the trouble to load for what I want to use it for.

Family member did some 125gr with 9.5gr of unique, hell of a boom. Rugers held up though. Gotta use better brass or Maybe it had been reloaded too many times with hot loads.

Yes but its oh so satisfying.

Lots of things are tedious some people still like doing them. Drawing, sudoku, building models, wood working, ect. Its not everyones cup of tea but its good to have the most basic reloading supply’s because it could save your life or from bull shit ammo laws like the one that just passed in organ.

oh and i forgot it was like i couldnt hit ANYTHING with them on some shots like not even the dirt.
Turns out a bunch of the bullets were some whizzbang lightweight HP-SP things from forgotten eras and im pretty sure they were disintegrating after leaving the bore.
One of the things I did manage to hit was this all aluminum cocktail shaker full of water...legend has it half of that cocktail shaker is still in orbit to this day.
I mean who needs scientists and spacex to get shit into space when its just so much cheaper to let some senile fudd reload your magnum cartridges for you.
The brass looked fine on the ones i pulled apart a couple of them might have been new even.
I KINDA miss that ruger but it was just so goddamn chunky and unwieldy and heavy.

Attached: creepy uncle carl.png (497x343, 172K)

> being called a filthy brass jew

more often then that, I get people dropping their brass into my bucket.

I reload 300blk. With a jig from amazon and a shitty saw from harbor freight, you can convert .223 which is pretty fun. All the peripherals, like motorized case prepping tools, headspace and primer pocket gauges, do add up,so itll be a while before I see a roi.

I enjoy loading so 9mm and 5.56 don't bother me.

If I drink or let my mind wander when I'm priming, or trimming, or sizing nothing bad is gonna happen. At absolute worst I fuck up and the brass won't be useable. The only really thought/concentration heavy steps are charging and seating/crimping. Anything else you can relax on.

you reload .223 if you want to get absolutely obsessively anal about petty shit while going for the absolute utmost in accuracy
it's not even a good choice for that, just buy surplus or other bulk

> same

Rather than an ROI, I see it as an issue of greater availability. I can work up several thousand rounds of a load that isn’t on the LGS shelf. That has value itself.

yes, and can be so much more tedious if youre into precision loading

Not if you're reloading a cartridge you really like. Something big or rare.

223 is garbage, fun-wise. It's a good combat round, but too affordable to waste time on. I only have an AR because it's like my old Army rifle and they're going to be grabbed soon. Reload some straight wall cowboy rounds OP.

More so. I absolutely love getting home from work and loading up at least 100 rounds oe so just for the enjoyment. When you pull that lever and a completed round comes out, it's a great feeling. Every round I reload is made with love.

not op but does anyone have tips on how to get started with reloading?

There's a decent selection on YouTube. I like fortunecookie45lc, elvis ammo also has some start to finish videos on single stage press reloading which were helpful to me when I first started. Gives good context on the order/process.

yes, very much so. Trimming is the worst part, which brings me to this question. Is it worth getting a progressive when between sizing and priming, I almost always have to trim by brass?

Also I got the c309-180r from lee for cast bullets and have been using them in multiple cartridges and I was wondering if anybody had any advice on finding other moulds whose bullets can be used for a variety of cartridges. The one I have is good for anything .30 caliber but how about one mould for 9luger, 9makarov, etc.

Attached: 1545535917666.jpg (933x923, 88K)

you can set up the stations on your progressive to be whatever, so no reason you couldn't just set it up to size everything with the progressive feature disabled, then trim, then set it up to do everything else with the progressive indexing back on.

Or get a second, single-stage press to do the sizing on first.

If you’re reloading something like 8mm 7mm or 7.7 Jap then you’ll save fuck ton of money.

So I have a reloading question...

...anyone ever make their own "dragon's breath" 12ga shells? Shot them once with my cousin, & would like to do so again, but they seem super expensive to buy. I'd appreciate any recommendations. Thank you!

Attached: 1546976366575.jpg (953x1000, 175K)

Attached: 268343_v1.jpg (350x269, 43K)

I am still gonna suck her fart box

>youtube.com/watch?v=hS0347zstCA
ONLY 10 CENTS... if your time is totally worthless.
If he worked minimum wage for all that time he's spending on making bullets, he could have bought the same amount of bullets and still had some cash leftover.

Attached: 1532554197113.jpg (546x425, 28K)

Hey, old habits...

very

see visual aid

Attached: snifffffffffffffffffffff.gif (320x320, 3.94M)

>your time would be more efficiently spent at a minimum wage job.

you cant say this. it makes all the reloaders mad and they will call you a jew for caring about time wasted not making money.

They get all weepy and start slinging inaccurate insults its great.

Attached: .too much.jpg (991x542, 39K)

>im pretty sure they were disintegrating after leaving the bore.

pocket-sand bullets

>when you're time is so valuable that you spend it posting on Jow Forums
>when reloaders only 2 options are either work or reload
There's a few of you retards in every reloading thread

This. I bought a press exclusively because the very cheapest .454 you can buy is $1.50 per round and all my LGS stocks is $2.20 per round. I can reload for 70 cents per round and after the cost of the press, I'll be making my money back in as little as 700 rounds. I could do that by the end of the month.

But can you shoot 700 rounds of .454 in a month?
Do you have an adamantium skeleton?

What are you shooting/how are you sizing that you have to trim that often? My worst brass for this is my 375H&H, and that only needs trimming every 3 uses and isnt loaded on a progressive anyway. Most of my pistol cases get *shorter* after shooting and resizing.

Not as bad as you think once you've gone through a few boxes. I don't know if you shoot much large bore handgun, but after 50 or so rounds, the only thing that hurts is the tissue between your thumb and index finger. The highest recoiling handgun rounds aren't really "wristbreakers" as much as they just make your hand sore for a few days. It's all about desensitizing yourself.

Im thin and have fucked up joints...200 rds of .45 from my 1911 and I have to ice my wrist lol
I mean I CAN shoot big bore but id rather not put 100 rounds through a .44 mag in a day.

I’m a very novice reloader and I can do 20 rounds of 6.5 in a short time, like 30 minutes.

holy shit is that Pewds?

That means youre spending more than a minute per round.

Who said anything about making it back in a month? Even if it takes a few months to recoup the equipment costs that's a bargain for a lifetime of use. It's certainly possible to shoot 200+ rds of .454 per month, not everybody is as unfit as (((you))), and it is after all chambered in rifles as well as pistols.

Attached: haredimchild.jpeg.size-custom-crop.1086x0.jpg (1086x723, 71K)

>tedious
Life is has heaps of not much happening while you wait for other stuff to happen tedium. Why not hand load while you're doing that? It's a fairly constructive hobby. Better than masturbation or the idiot box. Gives you mind a rest too while staying busy.

I wasnt saying that as an argument against reloading it.
Reloading expensive and rare stuff makes complete sense.

yes. Pewds is based and pro-gun. ((they)) want him banned off YT because he's woke af and is breaking up kids' conditioning.

Its almost every single cartridge I use really, .30-06, .30-30, .223. I do load them hot as shit but yeah I have to trim all the time.

thanks

BRASS JEWS ARE FUCKING REAL! KEK
>goes to the range and steals brass
>even steals lead from the berms
>has a hebrew tattoo
>has a spic/negro kid
memes are real

Attached: 1536444221384.png (868x990, 104K)

You can handload better than match quality rounds for 39 cents per round if you buy pre-processed once fired brass every time, which cuts down 75% of reloading time, the brass costs 10 cents each.

But if you want plinking rounds, you're better off buying surplus or on sale m193.

Why hand load when you could spend that time making minimum wage at a soul destroying job?

The guy in the video is clearly doing it as a hobby and to save a few bucks, I doubt his lead cast .223 bullets are match grade.

What kind of minimum wage job can you get where you only have to work 2-3 hours on saturday afternoons? Or 30 minutes on wednesday nights? The "get another job" argument doesn't work because you can just pick up and stop reloading whenever you want, you can't do that with a second job.

Not to mention even if you live where minimum wage is $15 per hour, that's not even enough for one box of american eagle after taxes. Meanwhile I can handload a box of match grade ammo on a single stage press in an hour.

That's my point. For a "cheap" round like .223, trying to go even cheaper for plinking ammo isn't worth it. Going for target ammo is worth it.

>>has a hebrew tattoo
Based jew hunter.

Attached: brassjew.png (630x350, 318K)

Pretty damn tedious but you can tune your ammo to your gun. I hunt deer in a country with limited ammo choices, but many projectile and powder choices. Reloading allows me to develop a hunting load that is specific to my rifle at a reasonable cost.

Silly question- how do they know it is once fired brass?

cause you don't work 24/7

Its been fired? Usually they're range sweepings

>spending less money is a return on investment