Tfw you can’t justify buying your favorite gun

>tfw you can’t justify buying your favorite gun

Attached: 0B4CDC90-9D1D-4F6B-B84A-C4AE169B6FDE.png (602x367, 439K)

ive got like 40 favorite guns, so i do know that feel. i just have to get them one at a time.

>Tfw currently raising money for a Gatling gun
Here’s hoping I find a nice deal at 10k instead of 20k

So buy an AK, what's the issue?

I’m a noob prepper not a gun collector. AK is not standard issue in the west.

So get an AK and an AR. I'm not seeing the issue. It doesn't have to be one or the other, contrary to Jow Forums opinion.

i thought you were just young and poor (and you might still be). thats a silly reason not to get something imo.

Bitch please
>tfw the guns you want most are prohibited

Slightly poor. Hard to mount optics on ak and ammo won’t work well for hunting varmints whereas I can take deer and varmints with .223

What exactly is the problem with hunting varmints with 7.62x39???
>hard to mount optics on
???? pic related??

Attached: side-rail.jpg (1200x756, 671K)

Usually I'd respond to posts like the OP "just fucking buy it anyway" but then I realized I still want an HK P7 but I'm turned off after seeing the prices of those climb from $800 to $2500 in a few years. That's almost halfway to a registered machine gun at this point.

It's still one of the most common rifles in North America chambered in the second-most-common intermediate calibers in North America. Good 7.62x39 is cheaper than good 5.56x45.

Why do you idiots think you're gonna be scavenging mags and ammo "wennashtf" like it's fucking Fallout 4 or some shit?
1) that's not how it works. Before they finally ran out of 8mmKurz stockpiles in 2016, Stg44s were fucking EVERYWHERE in Syria.
2) if it DID work like that (it doesn't), what makes you think you're gonna be scavenging mags and ammo, but somehow you can't scavenge a rifle? Presumably if 5.56 and ARs are SO common that it's the only viable option, and you're getting in gunfights regularly enough that's you need to be looting mags and ammo off courses, why would you not also be able to grab the rifle they were using?

Life is not a video game. Buy whatever gun you want, and buy ammo in bulk.

Attached: 01.jpg.96e62b95c7df4fcb775c61309237a148.jpg (444x466, 34K)

7.62x39 is a better deer hunting round than 5.56, dummy. It's almost identical ballistically to .30-30, AKA "the most common deer round in North America in the entire 20th century."

Fuckin noguns are ridiculous.

Attached: Naw.gif (281x295, 2.97M)

>reading comprehension
x39 can’t be used for varmints if u plan on eating them. I can knock off rabbit heads all day with .223

>2nd most popular cartridge
>only used by hobby shooters
>stockpile will run out eventually

Chink gang

Attached: 20180802_175256.jpg (1440x2288, 3.21M)

Russia doesn’t even use 7.62x39 anymore

>own an ar and an sgl31
>absolutely give no fucks about them, incredibly uninteresting to shoot
>still refuse to ever sell them because the ar was my first gun and the sgl is import b&

Attached: A67BD248-3BFF-477D-9586-66B720281C58.jpg (500x500, 18K)

Just get a semi auto browning 1919 and a crank trigger, a butt load of 7.62x51 nato, and a butt load of belts. All could be had under 10k, hell, maybe even under 5k.

>bUt dUE sHiET hiEt tHe FhaN SiTUaTioN mEaNs I NEED tO uNlOAd +50,000rds oF 5.56 jUSt tO bE sAFe fRoM LoOtErs!

It always baffles me how people unironically believe this. Jesus fucking christ people, your gun isn’t going to fucking break down and any sensible person who knows what they’re doing with guns has duplicate guns. One to use and train with and another one on standby that isn’t shot but vetted to work reliably.

It’s 2018 you retards, you can buy spare uppers, BCG’s and despite all of this, a concealed handgun, physical fitness, emergency medical equipment, medical training and being friendly with your neighbors is more important. Faggots want to prepare for “””shtf””” but keep forgetting they’re not playing fallout or whatever dumb open world game /v/ is wanking over currently.

wtf are you planning to start an army ?!

Are you not?

lol actually go look at terminal ballistics dummy.
x39 is gonna do less damage than 5.56.

What, a Chinese AK? There's the expensive and fancy option, which is the Polytech Legend, which is very high quality, but also collectible, so they're expensive.

On the other hand you have MAK90s, which should probably stay under $1000 even if properly converted for a pistol grip, proper stock, and having the proper bayonet and flash hider added.
Mind some of them have slanted rear receivers though, which makes them a bitch to convert and you basically need to put on an adapter, and this looks ugly.
There's also the 5.56mm ones, which though perfectly fine and comparable to a good AK74, have uncommon and collectible magazines which usually start at $100 a piece.

Attached: MAK90 pistol grip.jpg (1210x600, 247K)

You can run unconverted EG bakes through a .223 MAK90 if it has the metal follower
>starting at $100
Closer to $200 is more accurate

Attached: orig.jpg (800x600, 89K)

And ((10)) mags too, forgot them
Either way you're not totally limited but certainly one of the most limited of .223 variants

I actually don't understand why preppers wouldn't diversify their guns.
Yeah, you'll need more types of ammo, but what if you find more types of ammo? What if you find someone who wants to trade for a gun in that caliber because they've got that ammo? You just going to sit on a big pile of bullets you can't use because you chose to only have one or two calibers represented among your guns?

So? Get one anyway, you'll enjoy it AT LEAST as much as an AR15, and then you'd have a perfectly good extra rifle in 7.62x39mm if you should ever find yourself having to rely on a stockpile of that for some reason.

If you're a 'prepper', then it doesn't hurt to be actually prepared.

5.45x39mm is still pretty cheap, and gives you almost 99% the same performance as 5.56x45mm, barring the 5.56mm having more diverse options for loads, so if you're married to .223 ballistics but are interested in an AK, that's something to look at.
For scopes, most recent AKs have a bracket on the left side of the receiver which you can attach a scope mount to.

If you'd rather have 5.56mm, there's AKs in that too, but magazine availability is quirky; there's like two, three, I think maybe four standards for .223 AK mags, and they're not really interchangeable, most of them aren't easy to find and are expensive when you do find them.
Zastava made an AK in 5.56mm which takes AR15 magazines, the M90P, but they're currently not easy to find, they only imported a couple of thousand of them.
Zastava is setting up manufacturing in the US though, so maybe if we're lucky the AK market will rejuvenate within the coming few years.

It has some similarities to .30-30 Winchester, but it doesn't have quite as much energy.

So what? Huge bulks of cheap steelcase in the caliber gets imported constantly, and there's large stockpiles of it in the US already.

Attached: Zastava 223 rifle.jpg (1500x1000, 310K)

I'd never seen this Zastava before... And I didn't know I wanted it this bad before now.

the problem is when varmints get vaporized into a fine red mist

>ak with a mag well

yikes and cringepilled

Attached: images.jpg (194x259, 4K)

Bullshit. AKMs are still issued to some reserve units, and frontline units can request AKM rifles if they're operating in areas where the AKM would be preferable over the AK-74M.
I've seen photos of Russian army soldiers in Syria carrying AKMs all tricked out with grenade launchers and zenith furniture.

Not him and I believe it but I'd like to see the pic

There are TONS of pictures of 7.62x39 AKs being deployed by Russians in modern warzones.

They were/are super common in Ukraine too. 7.62x39>5.45x39 in areas where you'll need to shoot through concealment.

Here's a picture of a Russian in Syria with a PKM.

Attached: a3NZalQ_d.jpg (640x803, 86K)

pretty famous picture

Attached: crimea.jpg (961x641, 61K)

Just do it senpai. I just bought mine.

Having a backup rifle is a good idea from a prepper point of view, of course the AR is more practical.

Attached: 4DFAC551-23E2-447A-8DB2-1F46B4182D8D.jpg (1000x750, 974K)

They're pretty nice.
The magwell is surprisingly durable, though it likes to grip magazines a bit tightly, so they don't really drop free (which could probably be alleviated with a bit of careful polishing on the inside).
The black plastic stock is shit, but that can be replaced.

Hopefully, Zastava brings back some 5.56mm AKs on the market when they're setting up shop in the US, both the classic M95 style, and the M90P with the AR magwell.

Attached: Zastava M90P.jpg (1024x330, 149K)

Nice selfie, phoneposter.

Makes a lot of sense, 7.62x39mm can be a real beast in CQB. Maybe a squad with a mix of 5.45x39mm rifles and a couple of 7.62x39mm carbines would be pretty efficient in urban combat?

Because they're fucking stupid. Do you know how many fall for the spare parts meme like he did? Well over 75% of them. And not one of them sees that as a problem.

Wtf, that’s not even expensive.
This, 18 down, and close to a literal half ton of ammo.

You came to the same conclusion I did many years ago. As much as I want an AK, I won't be getting one. Just doesn't make sense where I live.

If you think it’d be fun to use and gawk at at home, any gun makes sense anywhere.

Meant to quote OP. Phonefaggin it.

>he doesn't know tyler1

>AK is not standard issue in the west
What a retarded reason not to buy a gun. So you're gonna buy an AR in 5.56 and a Beretta, Glock or Sig in 9mm and never get anything else because it's "not standard issue"? You know it's possible to own more than one rifle, right?

Attached: AKM custom.jpg (839x1024, 187K)

But what if they aren't just toys? What if you need a BUG, combat sidearm, and rifle for every family member for SHTF? Plenty of ammo to feed them all. Mags for everything. Spare parts. Tools. Holsters. Accessories. Unless money is no object, the only modern semi-auto rifle sold in the USA that makes sense is the AR.

False.

7.62x39 is still quite popular, even in SOF in Russia.....

There's millions of rounds of 7.62x39 in the US. All those surplus SKS used to come with 250-500 rounds.

I got 3 kids and a stay home wife to support. Fix cars on the side to get gun funds up, still feel bad about buying things for myself when I could spend it on them and make them happy. Only so many times you can tell yourself "it's to protect my family" and believe yourself.

I can’t stop you from shtf delusions where everyone is shooting at each other I guess.
Follow your dreams.

You don't live around n-words, do you?

All I want is a Mk23, seen many but never have had the cash to dish out on one.

Attached: solidsnake3.jpg (1024x768, 210K)

for a second there I thought he had smiley face stickers on his gun.

T. Doesn't own enough ammo

what did you finish that with?

Nope, thank god. White or black for the most part.
There’s a few black people around but very respectable types.
I guess I can see your point.

I know OPs feel. Not poor or particularly young but being responsible with money means the shit I want is displaced by family obligations. Got a late start and playing catch up.
Feelsbadman.

That's an RPK

knowing who tyler1 is isn't something to brag about zoomer

They're not super ugly but they are a btich. Prior to the current pic related setup I actually just layered expoxy over the gaps in a regular arsenal stock until it looked proper.

Attached: Farcry Build (1).jpg (3840x2160, 2.05M)

God I want a fucking Steyr Hahn. I can't be dropping that much money on a gun because i'll probably be moving in a few months.

Then get one in 5.45 faggot

Attached: DSC_0306.jpg (1122x632, 111K)