Aside from being novelties, are semi auto Uzi carbines actually fun to shoot...

Aside from being novelties, are semi auto Uzi carbines actually fun to shoot? And are the early IMI guns worth it as shooters or even investments? Guy near me is selling a 1985 Model B carbine with the folding stock for $1200. That actually seems to be less than they sell for on the open market.

Curious if there's any point to buying one other than "I own a real Uzi designed by Uzi Gal and made by Jews."

Attached: 78fbb1a3ee81a298cf19bb54c4eba1a1[1].jpg (623x252, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BIPCn-aYMoM
youtu.be/MTL8-cVoP64?t=102
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I mean they look awesome. I'm not a autistict about a gun having to be fast and low drag. But getting a gun just for the history even if it is a semi auto version is just fine.

PS I'm going to get one.

Bump

Yes. Might not be full auto but the stamped metal along with the folding stock give it this visceral feeling which ‘modern’ tactical inspired guns don’t really have anymore.

Ehhh shooting wise it's so much better feeling full auto. If ur looking for an interesting range toy they aren't bad and some come in .22 so it's cheap to feed. Honestly not a bad gun to use to get others interested in guns as well.

OP here, guy sent me photos of the gun. Most of these things are mint safe queens but this one actually looks heavily used. Not sure what pricing for that should be. It's about a 1987 IMI Action Arms piece.

Bump

Yes, but the folding stock might cut up your cheek. Although that might just be norinco copies.

They are still very fun to shoot, and actually very reliable even though it's a semi-auto closed-bolt conversion of an full-auto open-bolt gun.
It seems like a lot of closed-bolt converted guns rarely work right and the original IMI UZI's seem to be one of the few times it's been done right.
$1200 is a pretty good price for an IMI one, I paid about $1400 for mine, but it was in pretty good condition overall with the original plastic case, extra mags, sling, and an unopened manual.
A lot of people consider them to be collector's items and there are quite a few unfired ones floating around that sell for over $2k, but I don't see the point in buying something you're not gonna shoot except for investment purposes.

Attached: UZI-Patch.jpg (4032x2268, 2.2M)

Go for it. They are fun to shoot and remarkably accurate with the long barrel, plus they have the 80s action movie cachet. That seems like a decent price for an 80s import but I’m not current on pricing there.

Yeah, I'm used to seeing them in that condition for the price. This guy's is kinda beat up for a gun that most people don't shoot.

Attached: image000000(1).jpg (640x480, 103K)

Attached: image000001.jpg (640x480, 99K)

Attached: image000000(2).jpg (480x640, 87K)

>McKay still does not have the semi-bolt in stock

Attached: 1496811956670.png (710x480, 85K)

>semi auto smgs

Attached: 1547486381171.gif (300x196, 2.42M)

Definitely seen some use, but would still make a great shooter for $1200.

I would buy it just to quote this scene: youtu.be/BIPCn-aYMoM

>semi auto smg
>semi auto
>smg

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

youtu.be/MTL8-cVoP64?t=102

Are there any decent SMG semi conversions?

This thread made me rewatch The Terminator.

OP here. He said the price is flexible so I'll see what happens. I'm planning on form-1ing it if I do buy the thing.