Kuznetsov

What's the status of the Kuznetsov? It's been a few months now what's going on with her repair?

Attached: pd-50-rob-lee-twitter-2.cedd5b.jpg (643x361, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thenewsrep.com/112213/70-ton-crane-removed-from-200-foot-hole-it-made-in-russian-aircraft-carrier-flight-deck/
thediplomat.com/2018/11/russia-admits-that-it-cant-retrofit-aircraft-carrier-after-accident/
youtu.be/0F0CAEoF4XM
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/INS_Vikrant_(2013)
rferl.org/a/kaliningrad-baltic-sea-sewage/27053241.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>muffed LIES! RUSSIA STRONK! in the distance

Attached: 8dczurgl7ry11.jpg (314x716, 43K)

thenewsrep.com/112213/70-ton-crane-removed-from-200-foot-hole-it-made-in-russian-aircraft-carrier-flight-deck/

They got the last bit of crane out of her 2 weeks ago, now the Russian government is mulling if they can afford to have her fixed overseas or something more drastic...

thediplomat.com/2018/11/russia-admits-that-it-cant-retrofit-aircraft-carrier-after-accident/
Russsia Stronk right??.....right??!?

Attached: CvdySSeWAAAZ8QW.jpg (860x514, 56K)

>Being so Russian that you can't maintain a ship or a floating dock meant for handling that kind of ship

Golly gee

Attached: Elizabeth Pear.jpg (1275x1650, 322K)

Topkek. This is the first I heard of this. Honestly they should just sell it to the poos or chinks. They dont really have a need for a carrier and force projection from what I can see.

They should hire poo in the loos to repair it I heard they are fast and cheap with building impressive aircraft carriers and have decades of experience and Russias greatest ally.

Russia says it flew like 400 combat missions from it against Syria. An aircraft carrier is useful for just that kind of force projection.

Looking at the state of the dock I bet the money that was supposed to go into maintenance training and repairs went into someone’s pocket instead.

The Russian admitting decided to do descaling the fire room.

There process is expected to take 14 years.

Russian admiralty. Peak phone posting.

It is in scheduled repairs/upgrades after Syria.
Su-33s out, MiGs in.
Granit's out; Kalibr's in.
As is, upgrades were scheduled to complete in 2021.
If they finally decide to put OK-650 in, then it'll slip into 2025.

youtu.be/0F0CAEoF4XM

Attached: sitemgr_bunghole.jpg (350x263, 127K)

You know the Vatniks have no way of doing this now that the only floating drydock that could hold it is sitting in the bottom of the ocean and the sinking of the floating drydock caused a 200 foot hole in its flight deck.

Has Russia ever been able to /navy/?

They had the scariest submarines in the world back during the height of the Cold War, and they're the only country in the world that still has a fully operational capital ship that isn't a carrier.

Attached: Kirov.jpg (2820x1870, 1.13M)

>cruiser
>capital ship
It hurts to laugh

hunk of shit

>They had the scariest submarines in the world back during the height of the Cold War,
For their crews, maybe.

Attached: 300px-K-19.jpg (300x175, 17K)

Are the going to flatten out the launch deck? Because it's bent up in a ramp shape.

A CA is a capital ship.
Poor man's capital ship, sure, but it's not like any modern BB exist.

Is there any video of the crane collapsing and the drydock sinking?

Sauce on image

What would a modern day BB even entail?
In the near future I can see the return of the BB with the advent of rail guns. To power the guns you need to be nuclear, you need somewhere to mount them, probably more than one, all of this means big. If CIWS and other anti missle tech gets to the point that we need to use kinetic munitions then ships need to be armoured to an extent. Just like that, we've got big armoured ships slinging broadsides at each other and my dick is crossing the t.

Drydocks are not that necessary. They're not doing complete overhaul, like ripping apart the entire ship. Granit containers are larger than 3S14, so there is no need to cut steel. Same with MiG-29: they are smaller and lighter that Su-33s. No need to reinforce the structure. Whats the reason for your anguish and butthurt, user?

Is it impossible to fix a hole in the deck without a drydock?

the kuz literally doesnt have a boiler. they took the old one out before the accident happened.

Attached: kuz boiler.jpg (720x960, 126K)

I wish I was there when they informed Putin of the accident.

>Russias greatest ally.
>Won't buy SU57
>Tanking the entire program
>Reaches out to US about F35

Not anymore

Are there any photos of the damage after the crane was removed? I have a hard time believing she got damaged that heavily by a crane, especially a "200 foot hole" That doesn't sound right.

I think that's the biggest problem. She's literally dead in the water until there's a drydock or repair yard that can take her.

Attached: 1476762323796.jpg (1000x667, 272K)

thats pretty much what makes me think that the kuz isnt going to make it.

Isnt india building its own aircraft carrier... And they already have one from the russians right.... As far as the aircraft repairs go i dont think that level of damage is recoverable.
I mean shit, its fucked up the flight deck, how they gon repair that while its in a sunken dry dock.

Attached: carriers-2014.gif (850x1076, 135K)

Even if it does, I'm sure they'd keep fucking up until it's fucked anyway. They should scrap it before it further humiliates what's left of the Russian navy.

>they keep embarrassing themselves and spending money on a thing they don't need
Ridiculous.

>Isnt india building its own aircraft carrier
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/INS_Vikrant_(2013)

Also stop posting that image - it is out of date by five years now.

Logically India should have a drydock of sufficient size. Not sure why the Russians don’t seem interested.

They should Unironically buy chinese
I wouldn't trust the poo to do it but the chink might be able to help them. But they would never because Russia Stronk
I think they'll start maximum damage control, as always. Just like they did with everything they came up with the last decade.
I'll give that to you Yankees and Orange Man, you forced Putin to spend money he didn't have on military, only making him weaker. Kudos

Kuznetsov has eight boilers.

Can't cross Suez if the ship doesn't have power, fuck going around africa

Write a letter with your ideas to Russian Admiralty, user. Seems like you got a few.
Realize that Kuznetsov is not of priority to Russian MoD, at the moment.
With US leaving INF, TELs with Sizzlers will go into top gear. Plus Club-K's.

Unironically, Kuznetsov could go into Nikolarv (its birthplace) for repairs. Of course, this would mean enduring small squealing noise on Russia's southern border, but who really cares?

Would be funny as fuck if it got hijacked while sailing by Somalia or some shit like that.
>Look at me. I am the vatnik now

Should sell the Kirov.

>What's the status of the Kuznetsov?
Why does it matter?

Doesn't it break down every couple months anyway? IIRC it's constantly followed around by some huge-ass tugboat due to it's frequent breakdowns.

they really should, I'm sure China could use it for spare parts for Liaoning or whatever

Friendly reminder Russians are far more similar to the white rural slave population of America than Americans are to their government.

>Friendly reminder Russians are far more similar to the white rural slave population of America than Americans are to their government.
>implying that's a good thing

Why is everything related to the Russian navy pouring rust?

Attached: 1540059189362.jpg (492x388, 39K)

>try not to laugh
>laugh a lot

Genuine who cares. It's not important to modern Russian naval doctrine anyway and only still around as a propaganda piece.

Russian doctrine is fundamentally different from American/RoTW doctrine. Its battle groups are centered on Battlecruisers, not carriers. That's the force projection component

Railguns won't bring back Battleships. They offer a fantastic shore bombardment weapon, but are still dwarfed in range by ASMs and strike craft.

They only have one operational battlecruiser though. The Nakhimov has been in refit for like twenty years.

Yeah, they have one operational battle group. The Kirov is of greater importance than the Kuznetsov, though.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was saying -- they don't really need a carrier. Their navy has always been about keeping NATO from being reinforced by the USN by missile spam and subs.

Pretty dumb to be spending a good chunk of their military budget on upkeeping it and arming it with purpose-built aircraft then

>Cost: $0.5bn (planned), ₹19,341 crore (US$2.7 billion) to 2014
Holy fuck. $2.7 billion for a carrier isn't itself bad (if things work) but that gross underestimation must have screwed up their budget.

>Its battle groups are centered on Battlecruisers, not carriers.
No. its doctrine is centered on submarine warfare. they literally cannot compete on the surface. all their surface combatants are for is to protect the boomers in a war.

Yeah. Like I said just sell it to the poos or chinks. I guess it's a pride thing. Pretty silly. I guess it had its uses in Syria.

They're not gonna buy it anymore, not now that they're building their own carriers.

The only use it had was training the naval wing and testing the new MiG-29s.

>Granit's out; Kalibr's in.
Source?

>warship that has been unable to operate effectively and has been a constant burden
>it's just not their priority at the moment
It being a priority or not still makes it a burden.

Would be even funnier if the Somalis took better care of the boilers.

Are you under the impression the surface fleet is just for show? The Russians always intended to contest NATO in the Baltic and Black seas

>Being this retarded

Attached: 1134-a admiral isakov.jpg (1800x1641, 328K)

>contest NATO in the Baltic
Literally how? The Koenigsberg exclave won't stand against Teutonic expeditionary and Finns will stack minefields up North Fleet collective ass

The idea of the Bundeswehr taking anything against the Russian Army is genuinely hysterical; the Germans would be lucky if the Russians haven't reached the Rheine by the time the Americans show up in large enough numbers to stop them. The Finns attempted to mine the Gulf in WW2, how well did that work out?

that look like a tumor

Attached: bruce.jpg (126x121, 3K)

Attached: DisastrousPerfumedAmericancreamdraft-size_restricted.gif (526x251, 1.86M)

>this thing was operating onboard the russian flagship just last year
jesus vatniks. get it together.

Attached: 1399381992290.gif (253x230, 98K)

>Isnt india building its own aircraft carrier...
They are literally screwing on a small scale another fucking ramp for like 14 years now with aid from Russia and at the current rate it will take 10 years until that meme will be commissioned

>And they already have one from the russians right....
India currently only operating a single repurposed Soviet cruiser hull with a fucking ramp welded on the top

>They are literally screwing on a small scale another fucking ramp for like 14 years now with aid from Russia and at the current rate it will take 10 years until that meme will be commissioned
Coming around at 44k tons and a length of 262m, you can hardly call that "small scale".

If we're talking all of NATO here, how long can the Russian garrison there hold against a combined Polish-German-Lithuanian+whoever else push, surrounded on all sides?
And you underestimate the Germans. Yes, the Bundeswehr is in a sad state right now, but they could still scrape enough combat ready units together to take it back. It's not a big territory and can't support very many units for long, especially without any hope of air or sea resupply after the first 36 hours (at best for the Russians).

France besides the USA is the only NATO country with a decent army.

Maginot Line 2: Electric Wehraboo?

>Benelux gets invaded
>Again

I would put both the UK and the Turks ahead of the French.

The Turkish Army is terrible because Turkish people are in it.

Watch Macron's fanatical CRS doesn't sieze you.

Attached: 1547253428790.png (895x1000, 221K)

Same strategy that Reagan used.

CHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUG

Attached: Admiral Kuznetsov.png (715x716, 887K)

The poos are not getting F-35s until they are obsolete. Nobody in their right mind would trust their highest-end product to a bunch of incompetents. Best case scenario, they crash a lot and make your product look bad. Realistic scenario, they sell off all the secret IP to Russia for a pittance, then crash a lot and make your product look bad.

>If we're talking all of NATO here, how long can the Russian garrison there hold against a combined Polish-German-Lithuanian+whoever else push, surrounded on all sides?
The Letts will be steamrolled in the first 24 hours. The Poles will mobilize, then realize that Russia already pushed through the Baltics and Germany switched sides. Germany will do exactly what Jow Forums expects it to do: cuck out.

Is this what you tell yourself at night in Russia? I got some bad news for you, we would fight side by side with the poles before we let russians invade europe once again.

>I got some bad news for you, we would fight side by side with the poles
I am American. Who is we? USA keeps only a portion of a Brigade up there. Germany cannot mobilize and leans toward Russia politically anyway. The Poles will be stuck with themselves, a token force of Americans and retreating Balts, and several Russian armies. Then the Polish government has the hard decision of continuing the fight to be a speedbump for the same "ally" Germany that threw them under the bus, or giving in to the Russians. Most likely the government surrenders but some military units disregard the government and fight to their death. So now they're still a speedbump, but an even smaller one.

>I am American.
Sure thing, Igor. As if your talk isnt the regular vatnik wank fantasies, you wankers always expect that everyone is a treacherous as yourself and you just pick of one after another without any interference. Let me tell you one thing as a german, if Russia dares to touch Poland i am getting conscripted again on my own first chance given to fight back beside our polish brothers against the russian aggressors.

currently being bartered for pepsi

>wank wanking wankers
Paki detected

Whats up, Igor. Trying to derail already? Sorry but your stupid story you keep telling yourself aint like it is in reality.

If Russia attacks europe it is toast.

The only thing doing actual contesting in the Black Sea would be subs and air power since there is no way the Russians could get close enough to close off the Turkish Straits.

>The Russians always intended to contest NATO in the Baltic and Black seas
With literal shit?
rferl.org/a/kaliningrad-baltic-sea-sewage/27053241.html
Russian enclave Kaliningrad is the cliche version of India in europe.

>Germany
>actually fighting
nice try Muhammad

Russia will get their shot get kicked in by a united europe if they attack east europe, Igor. Deal with it, no insulting or attempts to derail from that is going to chamge that fact.

That's a volcano.

And vatniks be like: Russia uses volcano powered carrier, west btfo forever, when will they ever recover?

>the joke
>
>
>
>
>your head

Back in the 80s a carrier group ran circles around the Soviets until they finally let themselves be found. According to the tale the Soviets sent everything that could fly or float to find them.

>kek of troof

Brazil has an aircraft carrier?

Yeah. They're even building a second one despite the fact that they have a country literally falling apart and no possible enemies that aren't already within striking distance of their airfields ashore

>they're the only country in the world that still has a fully operational capital ship that isn't a carrier
I can't really tell if you realize it or not, but just to clarify; that's not a good thing.