Are Knives made by Gun manufactures good?

Or are they just flimsy meme knives. The one I got can’t cut for shit

Attached: 149DC154-A466-465F-8550-D1D096FEA766.jpg (4032x3024, 1.85M)

HK are great. Glock is functional. The rest are garbage.

Much like guns themselves.

A lot of times they are made by a different manufacturer, and are just branded as a gun company. I have a Heckler and Koch OTF knife, but it’s made by Benchmafe.

wasn't glock a knife company first?

Gun manufacturers don't make knives, they license their name to whoever can pay and (hopefully) won't embarrass them too much.

Attached: bruh.jpg (720x576, 60K)

Put a new edge on it homeboi

Attached: 300px-Glock_Feldmesser_FM_78.jpg (300x129, 7K)

Don't buy a shitty knife with shitty steel. Spend a little more money get something with VG10 minimum if you have some more cheddar go sv30. The edge will last longer.

Glock, the rest are just cheap china pot metal with the company's name on it.

Almost all are shit with a few exceptions like glock.

They're all subcontracted out with the gun company's logo slapped onto it.
Just buy a knife from an actual knife company.

He actually is *kind* of correct. A real long time ago glock made bayonets for the austrian military.

I have the Glock Feldmesser pictured above. There's a small gap in the plastic of the handle and the guard. I bought it a year ago and the blade is extremely dull. The handle is slippery when wet. The balance is good, however. It works for throwing, by design. I like the way it looks. I could make a spear out of it easily, given the end hole and the guard.

Overall: 6/10

Is it authentic? I was looking into them and seeing reproductions

Haha, yeah, bought in a respectable gunstore right next to Austria.

Look at zib militaria or something. Austrian dealers aren't as open to export of anything. Not to mention much smaller selection. They're like 30 dollars for authentic.

They are all made by the same factory in china..

... so no.

Get a reputable knife at least like kershaw, at least they have quality control in china.

S&W knives are made in China, they're meme tier and the one I got is just for opening packages. If you want a good knife get a higher end Gerber or something from CRKT.

That's about what I paid, albeit in €

99% of them are rebranded chink potmetal garbage, just like Gerber and CRKT. CRKT & Ruger collaborated on the LCK which is surprisingly not total garbage considering both brands.

Glock is fine, but it's not so much a knife as a sharpened pry bar.

H&K used to collaborate with Benchmade to make some real good stuff. H&K now collaborates with Hogue who has their own knife making arm. Hogue has their manufacturing done in the US and are good quality, but they're pricey and lean towards mall ninja design.

Old ones tended to be made by known manufacturers. For example, S&W branded knives were made in the US by Taylor. I have one of the S&W switchblades from early 90s, it's pretty nice. I dont know about now. Anything that says winchester is garbage.

>2 decent brands make something
>it's decent
>surprised
What did he mean by this

My brother in law is a knifefag, and he seems to like the CRKT M4 I gave him for Christmas. I got one for myself as well, but I haven't tried it yet. I've used a Cold Steel Recon Tanto as my go-to box cutter for years now.

I was interested in getting an HK knife, but I agree that they're all a bit mall ninja. I like the Glock knife, since it's it's more of a bayonet style. I think I would still go with OKC if I wanted a bayonet/fixed blade.

Attached: 6610-1532336916.jpg (640x356, 33K)

Let's say I needed to stab through a human sternum once every 17 years, what knife would be good for that? Needs to look cool as well.

If your jurisdiction has no length restrictions, go with grorious Nippon steel folded 1000 times.

Attached: 51TnrbTvOpL._SX316_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (318x499, 44K)

Fuck it I guess I'm going full ninja

I lost my old swiss army knife I've had since middle school - looking to buy a new multitool but not really sure what to get. I hear leatherman's good, but they make way too many models. Are there any that are Jow Forums approved?

Leatherman are GOAT multi tools. Get a Wingman or Sidekick, the spring loaded pliers make it 100% more useable and the pocket clips are a nice touch.

Glock was a person before a company