Boots and Footwear

Boots. Boots. Slogging over Africa.

It's a boot thread Jow Forumsunts get in here. Post your boots, kicks, socks, insoles, and anything else that protects one of the greatest assets you have in life and combat.

Also, fuck /fa/ and fuck Kommandostore.

Attached: _First_Pattern_Jungle_Boot.jpg (1000x821, 281K)

jungle boots are trash

Stop buying Rothco

Are there any decent classic combat boots with goodyear welt soles?

Fuck, I haven't seen a BOOTS thread in a long time.

Corcoran 1500 jump boots, black or brown

Attached: 8279339552_0e9b21c21b_b.jpg (1024x679, 224K)

>implying I'd buy that shit
No. They're still trash.

I have a pair I got at goodwill for like five bucks in high school. Great boots, but a little tall.

Goodyear welt, nails, and tap soles

Attached: Jump_Boots.jpg (350x406, 23K)

Jeep tread boots best

Attached: images.jpg (204x247, 9K)

You can always cut an inch off the top. The boot won't care.

Do any anons have recommendations for a good pair of boots that are lightweight and adaptable to everyday use/wear? Preferably something that won't suggest I'm a hobo to normies.

the ol' trusty steed

Attached: das boot.jpg (480x360, 19K)

still gonna shill these things
they're too cozy

Attached: hunting shoe canvas.jpg (452x536, 39K)

Used to dig graves in my kenetreks

Attached: s7_819515_renderset_01.jpg (373x400, 22K)

THEY'RE GREAT

Attached: 15167487.jpg (256x192, 8K)

Attached: HolyTrinity.png (857x562, 306K)

Rothco jungle boots are garbage, but surplus or well made jungle boots are excellent for hot climates.

The only acceptable footwear for a self respecting southern man.

I have the sierra delta waterproof

Square toe bois

Attached: 10020059_3-4_front.jpg (680x680, 51K)

Just picked up these, in a rare XW width for $80 on ebay. Probably overkill but will be nice in the snow this weekend.

Attached: Untitled.png (497x502, 345K)

My main boots are my vintage jungle boots, pic related
My dress boots are my surplus Corcorans from Vietnam. Both polish up really nicely. The jungle boots I've owned 6 years and they're 30+ years old as is, still chugging.

Attached: 20190118_103623.png (720x644, 581K)

Sadly my flipper feet too wide for quests.

Been wearing Danner Patrols every day for 1.5 years now. Walk probably 10+ miles per day at work in all weathers and terrains. Other than a few scuffs, they still look almost new when I clean em up. Probably won't ever buy another pair of boots unless Danner stops resoling them.

Absolutely love Danner Reckonings but only wear them when I have to, also love my Merell Moabs.

Attached: reckoning.jpg (1200x1200, 332K)

They're narrow but you're always supposed to get 1 number bigger for mountain boots, hence quests fit perfectly like a glove. Having a perfect width feet with that extra room in the toe area.

I've got the Quest origins and damn are they comfy

What causes the feeling of your heel lifting out a boot when walking? I don't have this problem with mid hikers, but if I wear a taller boot of the same size, the heel lift happens. Lacing issue?

you have to kick you heel down and back in your boot before you lace it up mr never served

First boots I bought out of basic, served me for 6 years.

Attached: 91L1LrH7v8L._UY395_.jpg (395x395, 14K)

Lies.

It will remember and strangle him in his sleep.

Happened to a friend of mine with a pair of Docs. Horrible way to go and the boots are still at large.