Weapons and religion

Weapons and religion.
How many of my fellow Jow Forumsommandos are Christians and what’s your gun of choice? My Roman Catholic priest stated that he is willing to bless any of the congregations rifles.

Attached: BDF21800-7362-4659-895D-6215FDB94E6A.gif (220x227, 25K)

Oh man this thread is gonna be a shitshow.

Preferably paired with saying "God forgives. I don't." and other such catchphrases.

Attached: ee0155-screenshot_01.png (892x548, 316K)

>luke 22:36
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Mere Christian here.
I'm very partial to my Finnish M39 and my Jericho.
I only own 3 guns though.
What connection are you trying to draw here? Between denominations and favorite models?

Attached: M39 and stuph.jpg (2000x1125, 852K)

Got my AR blessed by a Catholic priest.
Dropping blessing below...

Attached: 0108191937.jpg (1280x960, 271K)

Here ya'll are:

Prayer:

*The one seeking the blessing kneels and presents the gun.*

V. Adjutorium nostrum in nomine Domini.
R. Qui fecit coelum et terram.
V. Dominus vobiscum.
R. Et cum spiritu tuo.

*The priest takes the gun.*
*Priest puts Holy Water on the gun.*

Oremus.
Bene + dicere digneris, quaesumus, Domine, ignis ensem istum; et hunc famulum tuum, qui eum, te inspirante, suscipere desiderat, pietatis tuae custodia munias, et illaesum custodias. Per Christum Dominum nostrum.
R. Amen.

*Priest hands the gun back.*

Accipe ignis ensem istum, in nomine Pa + tris, et Fi + lii, et Spiritus + Sancti, et utaris eo ad defensionem tuam, ac sanctae Dei Ecclesiae, et ad confusionem inimicorum crucis Christi, ac fidei christianae; et quantum humana fragilitas permiserit, cum eo neminem injuste laedas; quod ipse tibi praestare dignetur, qui cum Patre, et Spiritu Sancto vivit et regnat Deus in saecula saeculorum.
R. Amen.

That's cool. Most catholic churches near me are full of boomers and guitar music.

Guitar music in a Catholic Church!? Disgusting.

No need for silver bullets, that rifle is in God's literal hands now.

Fucking boomers man. Not a trace of Latin either. If I wanted all of this shit I'd go to Pastor Jim's Baptist Bible Fun Time down the street.

Well met, fellow Catholic. I know a guy studying to be a priest with the Apostles of the Interior Life (AVI) order who loves discussing funs
(though he himself is noguns).
My parish does this sometimes. Absolutely heretical.

I hate that shit. If that's a person's bag there are plenty of evangelical churches for it but it just smells like a popularity contest to me.

My parish had a family Latin low Mass and high Mass on Sunday with a choir and everything. It’s like stepping back in time. Might be one of the only good things about living in this liberal shithole.

*has a daily Latin low Mass

Pic related. Here's a blessing.

Pontifex benedicturus arma, quae aliquis ministrorum coram eo tenet, aut supra altare vel aliquam mensam ponuntur, stans sine mitra, dicit:

V. Adjutorium nostrum in nomine Domini.
R. Qui fecit coelum et terram.
V. Dominus vobiscum.
R. Et cum spiritu tuo.

Oremus.
Benedictio Dei omnipotentis Pa + tris, et Fi + lii, et Spiritus + Sancti, descendat super haec arma, et super induentem ea, quibus ad tuendam justitiam induatur. Rogamus te, Domine Deus, ut illum protegas, et defendas, qui vivis et regnas Deus, per omnia saecula saeculorum. R. Amen.

Alia Oratio.

Oremus.
Deus omnipotens, in cujus manu victoria plena constitit, quique etiam David ad expugnandum rebellem Goliam vires mirabiles tribuisti, clementiam tuam humili prece deposcimus, ut haec arma almifica pietate bene + dicere digneris; et concede famulo tuo N. eadem gestare cupienti, ut ad munimen, ac defensionem sanctae matris Ecclesiae, pupillorum, et viduarum, contra visibilium et invisibilium hostium impugnationem, ipsis libere et victoriose utatur. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. R. Amen.

Deinde aspergit ea aqua benedicta.

Not necessarily. The question of violence in service of the divine has a long history. Jesus was born without sin, but even he engaged in violence. From the savior, to OP's example Constantine, to Augustine, to Sikhs who carry a kirpan. The question of whether violence is acceptable is moot after reading Job, or Genesis, or the synoptic gospels. God, the source of all goodness, made the world - and it is good. Even if we don't understand how, even if what we call evil befalls us. That is the mystery of Providence.

Attached: holsterdust.jpg (2000x1125, 430K)

I think that guy was thinking more about the thread devolving into protestant vs. catholic shitposting.

I wish I bought one of those when I had the chance. You can still find decent priced commie bloc 54R for a good price. Reckon there will be another few importations of Finn Nuggets?

Attached: 1547301019383.jpg (500x667, 84K)

Nice rifle man. I’m getting my M14 blessed

Older friend is Finnish, grandmother gave him a Finnish knife one day, told him "this has blood on it".
Turns out that she fought in the Winter War and very well could have killed a Soviet with it when they ran out of ammo.

Attached: tumblr_p8q7qkxoVd1wjvco9o1_400.jpg (400x400, 14K)

Mine tried that but stopped when theybrealized nobody but the music direstor wanted it. My CCD teacher was really into the IRA which was cool

>taking orders from the Bishop of Rome over your own countrymen
>Jow Forums
Toppest kek. Friendly reminder that America is a Protestant Anglo-Scot/Dutch nation, being Catholic is literally un-American. Kill yourself. Oh that's right, that's a mortal sin and you go straight to Hell along with the unbaptized infants and people who didn't put enough into the donation tray.

Pic related. Catholic priests are basically evil wizards poisoning the minds and souls of their congregation with liberal horseshit.

Attached: 1476672638713.jpg (450x352, 26K)

Very fitting that the picture you posted with your post about your lying mongoloid friend was saved from tumblr.

Following weird hippy ministers that ignore large parts of the bible. Hell na man I’ll stick with the original church

>Roman Catholic Church
>original
Toppest kek. Yeah, I also remember that part of the Bible where Jesus preached about prostrating before the Pope and buying indulgences for sins.

Latter-Day Saint (Mormon)
I’d choose choose a Mossberg 500A with a combination of No. 8 Birdshot (Indoors home defense Incase my wife is home, don’t want 00 going through thin walls and for minor pest control like snakes, raccoons and armadillos) and 00 Buckshot (general defense indoor and outdoor, also for larger pest control like coyote)

More than likely would have the 1st or second shell (last in the tube and the one in the chamber) be No. 8 and the rest 00 Buck

Any other LDS on here?

Serious question for you as a Mormon; do y’all consider yourselves a Christian denomination, or a religion separate from Christianity?
I ask because while Orthodox/Catholic/Protestant denominations all have differing particulars, their theology abides by the Apostle’s Creed, which is basically the Least Common Denominator requirement for Christianity.
Afaik Mormonism departs from it.

Attached: 1517414426517.jpg (239x268, 26K)

say toppest kek more heretic

On paper we don’t believe in the trinity but when you look into LDS beliefs and go deep you’ll see that we do believe in the trinity in a way it’s just not the same as others. Difficult to explain and honestly it’s a bit of a paradox, we do but at the same time we don’t. Feel free to ask any questions about LDS doctrine, there’s a lot of misinformation out there. (P.S. no we don’t consumate our marriage with our wives in front of a group of people before you ask that)

Yeah, I know there’s lots of silly myths about turning religious metaphor into rumors of literal acts. I don’t believe without evidence.
Like how the Romans said Christians were incestuous cannibals because they married their “brothers and sisters in the faith” and consumed “the body and blood of Christ” in the Eucharist.

But I’d like clarification on your doctrine of the Trinity, because that seems to be the most immediate departure from orthodox Christian theology, and that was what I understand the least.

As I understand it, the father (y’all call him Elohim, I think?) begat the son as one of many children, all of whom are distinct entities apart from himself.
And this son (Jesus) is the god of our universe; which is Elohim’s gift to him for his goodness.
And that by following Jesus we can inherit the same qualities and become independent gods of our own universes, in which we will enact the same thing there in this fractal-pattern of ever-flowing godhood out from the origin point (Elohim)

The deviations from orthodoxy seem to be that
>each universe has a different god, rather than a single god over all possible universes
>the son has an origin point, rather than
>the son is an independent entity of the father, like an archangel
>the son is one of many children of the father, rather than the only one
>godhood is achieved through ultimate independence and personal elevation rather than eternal dependence and unity with your creator

And idk how the holy spirit fits into all this.
What am I misunderstanding?

Attached: 1543521420331.png (336x376, 32K)

meant:
>the son has an origin point, rather than existing before all other things in existence

Lol I hear ya
We rarely say Elohim, but it’s super common for people to think that’s the name we use for god. 99% of the time use Father in Heaven or Heavenly Father (as we believe God is our literal father who begat us along with heavenly mother (which is extremely rarely talked about and there’s barely any doctrine on her))

I believe the doctrinal reason behind calling him Elohim is due to the fact that it’s the first name used for God in the old testement.

Otherwise pretty accurate when you put the doctrine in that form, however we rarely talk about the whole inheriting your own universe thing outside of the temple due to the fact that most people think it’s incredibly odd and because we regard that doctrine as being spiritually sacred

We are all brothers and sisters and children of Heavenly Father. We are spiritual brothers with Jesus and also of course spiritual brothers with the devil who is also one of God’s children.

The Holy Spirit is the comforting presence of the lord that comes when you follow him faithfully

Also speaking of archangels, Mormons believe that a lot of important biblical people were extremely valiant sons of god in the pre existence (Archangel Michael is Adam for example)

I’m trying to type this out as basic as possible because there are a lot of dynamics in the beliefs and you’d really have to go deep to put together some of the stuff

Cool, thanks for explaining user. That was enlightening.

Attached: C.S. LOLis.jpg (632x810, 123K)

>Roman Catholic
You're a fucking cuck. Don't give those degenerate pedophiles even a dime of your money. They'll give it to millions of spics that are invading the country right now.

Attached: 1532608404687.jpg (3235x1974, 1.25M)

Fuck off and die, idolator.

Attached: 1519789491594.jpg (1028x1194, 209K)

Yee yee

Attached: 48237714-6AD7-4E4F-9674-B472832C08DA.jpg (563x563, 67K)