Any downsides?

Any downsides?

Attached: Glock-17-9mm_main-1.jpg (1000x1000, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/12/06/glock-triggered-holstered/
thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/06/kat-ainsworth/video-holstered-pistol-discharges-negligent-or-accident/
youtube.com/watch?v=wC45l6S7ZfM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Not a gen5

The safety is "lol, just don't pull the trigger"
Irritating fanbase
Dubious quality control
Glocks, AK's, and AR's are the only guns California politicians can name, so they're more likely to be on an AWB list

It’s not a gen 5 mos

Trigger is gritty not smooth
Sights suck and will have to be upgraded
Low tier gun is low tier

Ugly as sin

Every time I see a glock, the word "amerifat" pops into my head for whatever reason.

It's the AR-15 of pistols. Most ubiquitous handgun out there.

Yeah, the rails fucking sucks and it's not properly set parallel to the bore, which means that if you mean to use a rail-mounted laser, it won't be accurate for more than 10 yards.

a lot of companies have looked at it and made superior striker fired polymer pistols. at least glock has the biggest parts availability

>just don't pull the trigger
kind of have to agree, but also I have to admit I've never heard of an accident where the trigger wasn't pulled.
>irritating fanbase
yeah, literally nothing else has that. glock is the only one.
>dubious quality control
I actually have to disagree. I've handled tons of unbought retail glocks and there hasn't been any kind of factory defect or obvious flaw in a single one, wheras I've handled things like S&W, colt 1911's and rugers (yes, even rugers) that had an unmilled spur or a malformed mag latch.
>glocks, AK's and AR's are the only guns california politicians can name
I'd be surprised if they could even manage that. usually it's just assault machine guns and shoulder things that go up.

Saw a pic of someone's dog eating their glock.

It's not a 17

This is coming from a pro glock guy
I hate the sights, they just suck.
Trigger, it's just okay. Leaves plenty to be desired.
No manual safety.
Glockfags.
They're not the best at anything, but they're good at everything.

look at all the retarded fudds in this thread bitching about manual safety
manual safety is fucking retarded

*shoots himself in the thigh*

Don't project your retarded negligence onto me, turbofag

>Ergos are meh
>1/2 my Glocks threw brass in my face once they got heated up
>plastic guiderod/sights

None of those are deal killers. Glock makes a reliable firearm I just prefer the P30 or PPQ to a G19/17

Glocks are wear you start for a relatively versatile handgun but want something better than a 300 dollar meme gun. But if you want a duty gun, you could do better, like a Sig for example. But ya know, if you like Glocks, go for it, Jow Forums is going to find a way to hate any gun you post (except the all-holy Hi-Point).

Glock is Austrian my dear Ahmed

lol, just don't pull the trigger though. How's that not safety you irresponsible fuck

>one mutt did it so everyone must as well!

Attached: E89C525E-DC41-4993-AB21-24F897D48F61.jpg (550x543, 30K)

It's by far the most popular gun amongst normies in burgerstan

Get the Glock 20. Lots of fun.

>a trigger like gravel
>ugly as cock
>who would ever buy
>a gen 4 glock

It's a good starter handgun and if you end up loving Glocks they're definitely the easiest to completely strip down and put back together again. Fixing anything on it is going to be a breeze as long as you can wipe your own ass.

Cheap plastic sights
creepy trigger
bad grip angle and finger contouring
hooked trigger guard
no frame safety
no tapering on slide / no front serrations
acceptable recoil characteristics

overpriced if buying civilian market new without police discount or trade-in
to field strip you have to leave the magazine in, place the muzzle against your knee, and pull the trigger before you can push the takedown lever

to purchase in most gunshops you must provide a proof of goatee along with two pieces of ID

cannot be holstered in leather without spontaneously firing
horrible shape for rectal insertion
owning one for too long will slowly persuade you to replace every single part of the pistol with aftermarket shit until the gun finally stops going into battery
potentially explodes, nobody knows why yet
gay men may notice you more if you CC it, try to resist their charms
it's black, unless you get it in baby shit brown or tiffany for an extra $100
may not actually solve problems
cannot double as a spork in desperate situations like more modern designs
may actually create problems

If you're fine with all of that then take the plunge.

Attached: mosquitoes gonna hate.jpg (775x555, 212K)

You'll shoot your leg off.

agreed

just that everyone at the range will think you're gay ......

Not really.
They work well.
People who complain about trigger don't know how to shoot and have poor trigger control

>9mm

This is excellent bait

People who complain know its a pretty shit pull, it has nothing to do with shooting ability. Quality of life matters my man. Glocks are great but they have no soul.

fuck you nigger, if you want a service pistol there's only one option: the browning high power

Have had some shitty ejection issues with my G17 gen 4. Very random ejection patterns last time I brought it to range and got dozens of brass casings to the face. I love the gun and want it to work but this pissed me off.

If you have preferences for features and overall feel that's one thing. You're just a faggot if "lack of soul" is one of your main complaints on a new production handgun.

fucking striker action garbage

not a fan of how they kick, personally
lightweight polymer leaves something to be desired for weight flinch down

>other things have this problem so it isnt a downside!

NY1 trigger fixes everything as far as trigger goes. 12lbs glock trigger has the most satisfying break.

Attached: 20190120_030620.jpg (1510x830, 771K)

>to field strip you have to leave the magazine in, place the muzzle against your knee, and pull the trigger before you can push the takedown lever
-8/8

Attached: 1491096820035.jpg (498x500, 46K)

slide lock might as well not have a exposed control
no superior PADDLE RELEASE

>gritty trigger, not the worst in the world but pretty bad
>plastic sights with white paint
>shitty grip angle made for alien hands
>trigger guard can be pretty tight if you have big hands and are wearing gloves
>no front slide serrations
At least they are finally fully ambi now that Gen 5 exists, but I would still go with Glock clones other companies make, lije S&W or CZ. Same design with additional features and improvements Glock refuses to make.

telling your parents you are gay

>shitty trigger meme
>unironically supporting S&W
Opinion discarded

Not really a Glock guy, more into CZ but I'm in need of a 10mm Big Boi gun. What would be better, G20 Or G40?

It's not a Taurus.

Attached: 1546386924158.png (754x1158, 355K)

>shitty trigger meme
It is shitty, sorry to burst your bubble.

>unironically supporting S&W
I don't care about the company, I care about products.

Do yourself a favor and get one with a MOS cut. You might not want/need a red dot right now, but you likely will in the future. It's my only regret with mine.

Attached: 2018-08-03 18.05.04.jpg (2448x1377, 719K)

Definitely the G40.

Attached: GLOCK-40-MOS.jpg (550x437, 99K)

You have to fire more than the cost of the gun in ammo in full auto to melt the guide rod. Casual user will never damage it.

Yeah, I'm sort've in the same predicament with my Glock 34. I've wanted a rail mount anyways... ALG Defense has one that looks good, but it's $250. There's a company called SJC, they have a micro red dot mount for $105. I might try that one out... I bought the UM Tactical mount. It's nice, but it places the dot way too high up, and it's a bitch to find the dot as a result.

>Glocks are great but they have no soul.
I agree user, they work, they are good, they are popular but, they have no soul.

>Any downsides?
It's basically a (shitty)single action pistol with no thumb safety, that you need to dry fire to disassemble. If you're comfortable with that then no not really.

>>shitty trigger meme
>It is shitty, sorry to burst your bubble.
There's nothing wrong with the trigger. If you have issues you're likely applying shit fundamentals, and or unrealistic expectations of how a SDF should feel. With proper fundamentals applied Glock's triggers are actually quite nice, with a crisp break and even crisper reset. The only time I've seen people experience otherwise is from shit like jerking the trigger, or uneven application of pressure.
>>unironically supporting S&W
>I don't care about the company, I care about products.
You clearly don't care about the product either or you wouldn't be buying a modern S&W. Long gone are the days of quality firearms from them.

>literally the most issued sidearm in the world
>Armies, Police departments, civilian carry...
>one guy shot himself

I bought a Ruger EC9S instead, mostly due to cost. For the cost, the Ruger has pretty incredible build quality and handles just as well. The Glock has slightly less recoil due to size. My only issue with the ec9s is that the ruger mags seem unreliable and are more expensive. I bought 4 new from Ruger and 2 seem to have feeding issues that cause malfunctions. The other ones work fine and Ruger offered to swap the bad ones for free, but still a pain to go ship them back out

>plastic sights
Sure but muh aftermarket. You can get a glock and literally whatever sights you want if you arent a poorfag. And standard glock sights are perfectly serviceable out of the box.
>creepy trigger
Sure, shouldn't actually effect marksmanship if you know what you are doing. I switched from a P30L to a Glock because of the trigger reset length, which matters more than the actual feel of the trigger. IT still would be nice to have a better trigger, but it really doesnt make a practical difference.
>bad grip angle
You mean good grip angle. I mean. it is not a Luger, but it is better than most other things.
>no frame safety
Just dont pull the trigger when you dont want to shoot kek
>no tapering on slide/serrations
I think the newer models have that. I have never had an issue with standard ones (the geometry of their slides makes them easy for me to get a good grip on without serrations). I think this falls into the category of "things that would make it theoretically better on paper but dont actually deliver a noticeable difference in real life."
>overpriced
I would disagree but that is subjective
>to field strip...
What nigger
With the striker forward and no mag, pull back on the slide slightly, pull takedown latches down. Pushing it into your leg with a magazine in and dry firing is the most pants-on-head retarded way of taking down a glock that have heard of.

>cannot be holstered in leather
It is a modern pistol made for modern holsters. Kydex holsters prevent the trigger from being pulled, which defeats the need for a manual safety. Also properly maintained leather holsters work with glocks fine, although they are not preferable to kydex.

>they have no soul.
That's the point.
It's a no BS pistol.

>There's nothing wrong with the trigger.
There is.

> If you have issues you're likely applying shit fundamentals,
It's irrelevant, you would shoot better with a better trigger regardless of how good or bad your fundamentals are.

>and or unrealistic expectations of how a SDF should feel.
I'm not familiar with that acronym. What I do know is that there are many other striker fired handguns on the market with much better triggers, with a trigger safety.

>With proper fundamentals applied Glock's triggers are actually quite nice, with a crisp break and even crisper reset.
lol okay

>You clearly don't care about the product either or you wouldn't be buying a modern S&W
I'm not, but the M&P trigger is much better.

You're being heavily delusional and one of the reasons why no one likes Glockfags. The trigger is inferior, get over it.

> Kydex holsters prevent the trigger from being pulled, which defeats the need for a manual safety.
Oh my sweet child

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/12/06/glock-triggered-holstered/

Attached: 33945042_351700288688855_1300652246879307687_n.webm (640x360, 2.89M)

thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/06/kat-ainsworth/video-holstered-pistol-discharges-negligent-or-accident/

Attached: 1528024748029.webm (640x352, 1.51M)

Also, an example of a cop with "lol just don't pull the trigger" mindset shooting his own finger off:

youtube.com/watch?v=wC45l6S7ZfM

Worked at a gunsmithng shop back in the 80-'s when the largish local PD transitioned from 3rd gen Smith autos to Glocks.

Sgt holding a guy at gunpoint put an unintentional round through an innocent guys midsection. The citys lawyer was sitting by the guys bedside when he came out of anaesthesia with a very large "please don't sue us" check.

Next guy was taking a prisoner in through the sally port, stuffed his glock intot he pistol box, and dropped it. he tried to grab it but bobbled it, and got a finger into the trigger guard. The gun went off, and shot him through the femur, breaking it. No great loss, as this cop was a perpetual liar and had gotten the city sued on other issues. Last I saw he was riding bicycle patrol.

Short answer: decent fighting tool. Bad threat management tool.

that isn't bait, it's just a joke...

...it was a joke but I guess it's bait now because some people don't understand jokes. Have your state appointed caretaker explain humor to you the next time you get dropped at the autism care center.
> Pushing it into your leg with a magazine in and dry firing is the most pants-on-head retarded way of taking down a glock that have heard of.
There's a good hint that you were reading a disingenuous response intended for laughs.

glock rhymes with cock

>The iPhone is OK, but doesn't have a rotary dial

It's the iphone of pistols.

1) Works okay and gets the job done
2) Ubiquitous
3) Has a fuckload of accessories

I like both, so it makes sense

Glad to see the conditioning has worked.