Tinnitus Tread

Post on a scale if 1 to 10 how bad it is and how you got it

1 is only in a dark room with no other sound
10 : ITS ALL EEE

ear protection fags need not to apply.

Attached: OldFuckWithOwieEars.jpg (600x400, 159K)

Is it normal to hear a faint ringing in a completely silent room or do I have tinnitus?

Hear a feigned dinging? What?

It comes and goes for me
After a couple explosions worth you dont really notice it. The upside of things is that I sound very assertive and alpha since im constantly shouting

>assertive and alpha
>actually just sound challenged and slow

if its totally silent i can hear it. i like using those rainy mood websites (white noise?brown noise? ) to sleep.

solid 7, there is always the EEEEEEEEEEE but its bearable, only sometimes for no reason does it peak and I have to do the hand wrapping and 'flicking' the back of my head trick to calm it down a tad.

WHAT

1 but it goes away after 4 days of sitting in relative silence (i.e no music from big speakers and other loud shit keep everything low)

1 or 2 basically i forget i have it unless dead silence. I have a modified/semi broken computerfan i use for white noise.

4 and sometimes at night I will woke up with solid 7-8. after a few minutes, it will fall down to 3-4 again and I can sleep. sometimes it really sucks.. work with planes, shooting.. my doctor told me I can loose hearing completly in a few years..

WHAT

1 and only in a very silent room. I always wore over the ear protection (3M Peltor SNR 21db) but maybe it was not good enough :(

Left ear is a good 5-6, god I hate trying to sleep then the heater shuts off and it gets very noticable.

How did that happen? Over time or did you had single time exposure to something that devastating?

I literally cannot sleep without my white noise machine turned on. How high on the scale am I?

normal

>rating
Solid 8 right now. Comes and goes. I'm a stay at home Dad now (90% Disabled Veteran, Marines). I give my kid (4) baths and I can still hear it over the sound of running water and anything quiter than a gun shot. Sometimes it isn't so bad.
>how you got it
Being around smalls arms fire, grenades, tanks, controlled detonations, IEDs, and artillery (M777).
>not me but, pic related

Attached: 1547944079049.jpg (718x703, 97K)

Upside is that I got to be apart of a study a couple of months ago for the VA. Hopefully they'll use it to actually help guys. I doubt anything will happen anytime soon, but maybe by the time my son gets out they will have some answers.

What did you say? A saint singing?

What's that? I have never heard of that, but then again fuck the VA.

it's common, not NORMAL. Anything except complete silence is tinnitus.

2-3 It's only really noticeable when I am trying to sleep.

there's a webm somewhere
cover your ears with middle fingers touching around the back of your head
snap your index fingers off your middle fingers onto the back of your head repeatedly

About 2, mostly shows up in silent rooms
I think I only ever shot a glawk fawty without earpro at 14

id say like a 6 or 7. Its always present but when working on something i dont notice it as much. Right now i have my computer headphones in with nothing playing and all i hear is EEEEEEEE

the way i got it is kind of fucking stupid though.
I had just bought a SCAR 17 and desperately wanted to shoot it. at the time i was new to the area and didnt belong to a range. I went to a public range which had a 100 yrd rifle area.
This 100 yard range was in the basement and the room in which i was shooting extended out in a 15'x4'x300' tube. this opening started at about nipple level so you could rest the rifle on the edge of the "range" and fire down at some electronic targets.

I had ear pro on but after 20 rds couldnt hear dick because i was effectively shooting a .308 with FNs really nasty brake down a fucking sewer.

and thats how i got tinnitis while wearing ear pro after 20 rounds in only my left ear

Attached: 1547879364192.jpg (480x480, 25K)

I have fluid in my inner ear that I’ve had drained twice with a tube placed in my eardrum but it’s come back both times. Legally deaf in my left ear becaus of it. I hear a 5/10 ringing 24/7 but sometimes it gets really loud out of nowhere. You get used to it

Bump

Thanks brother. I'll look into that.

Fuck tube shooting. I never heard ofnit until I came to Jow Forums. Sorry bro.

About a 3.

Lots of eeee when I'm in a completely silent room.

>how you got it
Playing music actually but I had an AD in doors once too and that didn't help im at like a 2

1, I don't notice it unless I'm in dead silence. My grandfather has had horrible hearing ever since I can remember and I've always had to shout for him to hear me. He hunted for many years and never wore hearing protection. He quit hunting before I was born and I didn't get to fire a gun until I was 18, but that's a different story. By then I'd had enough exposure to what it's like to mess your ears up that when I started shooting I always wore hearing protection. I also work in a very loud industrial environment so hearing protection is also enforced there. I'm 29 now and so far I've been able to avoid the EEEEEEEEE

I always wore in-the-ear plugs when working on the freight dock where I work. In addition, I wear over-the-ear muffs as well when shooting. Until about age 32, I had absolutely no problems. Then I got either an infection or Meniere's disease (Still trying to figure out which), which caused intense and painful ringing in both ears. It has since dropped back down to about a 2, and I have mostly gotten used to living with it.

Remember 2 things:
1) There is a VERY large psychological component to tinnitus. The less you think about it, the easier it becomes.

2) There are two separate lines or research going on right now, both into a drug treatment program and a stem-cell based cure that *might* restore hearing.

The ringing is not caused by your ears, it actually comes from inside your brain. You lose the ability to hear certain frequencies, and your brain basically fills in the gaps with a ringing noise.

>Tinnitus
It's curable. You have only yourself to blame for not fixing it already.

Like a 1, but I've had it forever, even before I started shooting. And I only notice it in really quiet rooms

made a bomb with friend from household items
shot a mossberg with tampons as earpro
id say its a 4, seeing as i knew a vet who had ringing so bad he couldnt understand people

no user, I dont have any complaints pending, why?

>1-10
I'm somewhere in the 23 range. No matter how loud things get I can still very clearly hear EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE over it.

>how
Picture pretty related. ANA Commando's blasting AK's over the same pile of sandbags.

Whenever I'm in the hearing booth, the auto prompter is always reminding me to "depress the button when you hear the tone", then it'll remind me to "only depress the button when you hear the tone". The numbers on my hearing test hit up into the 90's when I think 20-30 is normal range.

Attached: 32425123432525.jpg (736x635, 73K)

I sleep with a fan on and on a law suit for those shitry ear pro they issued out knowing they were defective

5?
I certainly hear it in dead silence or near silence, though it doesnt seem to effect my ability to hear.

Sometimes it is present even in normal volume situations. Like watching TV.

I'm not sure if guns or motorcycles get the larger blame. Motorbike ( the wind not the engine) isnt as loud obviously but its constant. I rode a motorcycle as a daily driver for a good 6 years.

Wear your ear pro kids.

Attached: my-face-my-soul-woof-irl-15653813.png (500x516, 133K)

What lawsuit is this? I need in.

5 normally in a quiet place, 3 if there is other noise. I've tried every thing from lipoflavinoids and this but nothing works. At least I'm getting the full 10% disability from it.

You're a moron, its only curable at the bery very beginning if the damage isnt too bad, in which case you have to avoid all loud noises, but thats not having full blown tinnitus, once the damage is done there is no repairing it

usually comes and goes. when i wasn't used to it about 7 now most of the times a solid 5 at best. somehow after i just made my peace with it, it got less irritating and feels less dominant.

Go back until you get all that you're due.

2/10
>Be me, 12
>Califag/no guns allowed in the house
>Dad is commodore at the sailing club, gets to mark the finished with a 12 guage
>Hey user want to fire a shot?
>Fuck yes
>First time holding a mossberg
>Lolearpro.jpg
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>no regerts
I've had minor tinitus ever since

Attached: 1547413793546.jpg (680x706, 87K)

I'm getting 60% for PTSD and I'm ok with that.

5/10
Due to Hyper joint mobility in my jaw. When I yawn I have to apply pressure to the right hinge of my jaw or else it'll dislocate and it'll hurt like a bitch to push it back in.

Good to go

>how bad
like 5 or 6 my dude
>how I got it
Worked as a ramp agent for American for 2.5 years using in ears only 75% of the time because I was young, procrastinated going outside on time, and many times had to run outside while forgetting the plugs.
I usually only wore in ears shooting too.
It's not too bad at night, I'll just play some music at low volume if it bothers me. I do notice it sometimes watching TV or while talking with people.

not sure if its tinnitus but I sometimes here music off in the distance when it should not be there. I could be deep innawoods and will hear a song at 3am.

its actually very disconcerting

Attached: 2d1.jpg (310x432, 35K)

That jaw shit sucks, if I don't chew on my right side or sometimes if I'm talking itll pop out a bit and pop back, doesnt hurt but isnt the most comfortable thing, also freaks people out

Attached: 15247076983150.jpg (1024x767, 202K)

I would say a 3, I hear it all the time no matter the level of noise but its tolerable until I try to go to sleep.

Then somehow it gets louder and louder till I wake up in the morning with complete silence till I move.

Sucks but could be worse.

Attached: 1547645705255.jpg (600x600, 50K)

At least a 6 out of 10. Its horrible.

Attached: 1546928926670.png (572x434, 9K)

>ear protection fags need not to apply.
Oh ok so it's a down syndrome only thread

Like 0.2. Occasionally in dead quiet spaces. Riding motorbikes with earpro and firing blanks without are the worst things I've done to my hearing.

>spend millions on wounded warrior
>cant fix eeeeEEEeeeeEEEeeeEE
>at least I have my bionic limbs

Attached: serveimage3.jpg (460x300, 105K)

>Riding motorbikes with earpro
what the fuck, how in hell can you get tinnitus from riding a motorbike ? dude you might need to change your helmet or stop thinking you live in circuit land and speed like a madman on the road

About a 5. It's constant but I usually ignore it. I'm really into ambient music tho and sleep with a fan on.

Cause: punk rock and guns.

Attached: 1547508656251.gif (578x422, 474K)

What's it like without the ringing? Is that even a thing?

Ive had tinnitus since I was like 16 from playing live music. I can't imagine silent silence. Id probably kill myself if there wasn't a slight ring. The thought of truly no sound I cannot comprehend and it kinda scares me.

My dad had tinnitus from fighting in a war. He cured it. It's curable. He doesn't hear the annoying sound anymore and has been tinnitus-free for over 10 years.

I'm a solid 8. It's pretty audible at any time for me and I occasionally have trouble hearing people in loud places. I can tune it out for the most part tho

Too many metal shows without hearing protection

Okay then, what's the treatment then?

semen in the ear canal, twice a day for three weeks. stem cells my dude

Semen doesn't have stem cells in it

>has been tinnitus-free for over 10 years.
I'm sorry for the passing of your father. 10 years is more than enough time to let go my friend.

>Okay then, what's the treatment then?
Not sure but I can ask him for you. It's supposedly a well-known cure in former Yugoslavia.
>I'm sorry for the passing of your father. 10 years is more than enough time to let go my friend.
the way he's going, he'll outlive me. everyone on my dad's side of family has lived to 95 and over. His mom lived to 101.

Is there a cure for tinnitus?
I keep hearing the ringing even if it's day but louder when I'm gonna go to sleep.
But sometimes I just live with it, and of course try to keep any semblance of hearing with earpros.

>ND my 9MM Evo in a closed basement room surrounded by concrete
>EEEEEE only lasts 20s
>hearing is 100% fine for my age after 6mo per my MD

Did God save me or what? I heard of people getting permanent damage from a 22lr in the woods.

srry

some do hear music instead of white noise, u show research tinnitus as u may very well have it and if ur not careful can get much worse. ppl commit suicide over this shit.

0/10

Earplugs + Peltors.

Attached: 1544992083854.jpg (764x960, 145K)

Any inline 4 with headers is going to damage your hearing if you're not puttering around under 6k. Even a fully stock bike w catbox will cause hearing loss at highway cruising speeds

2 or 3 I think
I finally got serious about it when I got vertigo from a shooting outing without earpro
went to bed that afternoon, woke up in the evening and fell over when I got out of bed
scared the shit out of me because I thought the floor was the ceiling

2-4 depends on the day and if my vertigo acts up.

1 - Only complete silence when I'm trying to sleep

Same

8h youtube vids of coffeeshops or fans type thing

> tfw everyone at the range mocked me for being so autistic about cumbersome levels of ear-pro, but a decade passed, now they have moderate to severe tinnitus and confided in me that they regret not taking my advice

Attached: 1546636966665.png (610x610, 604K)

Constraints unending? user, you already know about the divorce settlement

Attached: dc0918143d1dd366d9ddfa6e47ae702d.png (612x453, 805K)

7 or 8. Father and I shot 2 deer from inside a confined blind. I had a 16inch .243 and he had a 24 inch 7mm Rem Mag. Both inside the blind at the same time. Deer meat was tasty, but not as tasty as permanent hearing damage.

>Lick front teeth
>Ringing intensifies

What did god mean by this?

Back in 4th grade some little skinny asshole kid gave me tinnitus for the rest of my life at lunch by making a small bubble of air with cling wrap and popping it directly into my ear from behind me.

Solid 7-8/10 here btw

Attached: doomguy.gif (165x115, 69K)

>>It's curable.
Idiot

>>At least I'm getting the full 10% disability from it.
>Same here. That constant ringing is a bitch though.