Turning 21 soon, planning on getting my CCP and buying a pistol, I've been considering the Five-seveN for a year now...

Turning 21 soon, planning on getting my CCP and buying a pistol, I've been considering the Five-seveN for a year now, I really like it. I don't really care about price, I just want something that I like and that will last a while.
>What are the pros and cons of this gun?

Attached: Five-seveN_FDE_Rotators_1.png (1200x850, 319K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eliteammunition.com/ammunition.html#!/T6B-Preorder/p/51287185/category=13357850
youtube.com/watch?v=1HPi3Yv47QA
youtube.com/watch?v=kh_WxeOAcxo
gunbroker.com/item/796205849
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pros - none
Cons - A whole shit ton

Like what?

It's xboxhueg.

Is the safety ambi on this glorified 22?

Great gun, I do wish there was a DA/SA option tho
Make sure you buy good quality HP like SS195 or green tips

Attached: Pistol shotgun.jpg (4032x1962, 3.97M)

>overpriced .22
waste of nice dubs

>Like what?

Huge
Manual Safety
Super expensive ammunition
Can't even get the good ammunition
Huge

This.

Although I like the manual safeties.

Look into a M&P2.0 compact. Great gun, well built, 15+1 clip. Get the 9mm. Ammo is cheap and plentiful

>clip

>M&Poverty
>well built
>great gun
>clip

Pros - all
Cons - none
Fully loaded is lighter than most sub-compacts I own.
Ammo is online, go nuts.
Simple to takedown and cleanup.
Three 20 round mags included with great case.
Is true single action.

Also the fact that you'll kill anything within 2 zip codes behind your target

Law enforcement can get the good ammo. They can also sell it to civvies.

Soft shooter, very flat, feels plastic but no more than a regular polymer pistol. The most available ammo has energy and velocity equivalent to .22 magnum out of a 16" rifle barrel.

It's a little big to cc.

I AM A FAGGOT AND WANT A COOL MWME GUN FROM BATLLEFIELD TO SELL. IDGAF AVOIT THE PRICE CUZ IM JIST GONNA BUY 10 ROUNDS AND LOAD MY GAY CA MAG AND CALL IT A DAY.

Neck yourself

It's worse the then a 10mm in every way. Name one thing you think it can do better.

Is that slide polymer?

>I've only just noticed this

Attached: pepe removes rims.jpg (641x530, 41K)

Steel slide with a polymer shell

The 5.7x28mm ammo is easily the biggest con. While it's an interesting and effective round, it's difficult to find and very pricey-- like 50 cents a round.

FN makes good gear, so I'd give any of their weapons a try, but I wouldn't invest in a firearm with an odd ball round unless I had the cash to buy at least a thousand rounds, or a reloading set-up with lots of brass.

>CCP and buying a pistol, I've been considering the Five-seveN

Good luck CC that beast unless you weigh 300 pounds and wear down jackets all summer long.

The rounds tumble

I want a bolt action 5.7

I would rather be hit with it flying straight

>50 cpr
>for slightly better 22

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

The ONLY advantage of this gun/round is Armor penetration!

If you actually plan on using this thing to defend yourself I suggest less of a meme gun. Not exactly the best CC gun either unless you’re a US Navy Walrus.
Polymer shell.

Can’t legally purchase armor piercing ammunition unless law enforcement.

The only way I would carry one is if I could get a decent stock of steel core and I went back into armored car for some reason (I’m not going to.)

>I want a bolt action 5.7

>The 5.7×28mm projectile potentially poses less risk of collateral damage than conventional pistol bullets, because the projectile design limits overpenetration, as well as risk of ricochet.[27][32][38] The lightweight projectile also poses less risk of collateral damage in the event of a miss, because it loses much of its kinetic energy after traveling only 400 m (440 yd), whereas a conventional pistol bullet such as the 9×19mm retains significant energy beyond 800 m (870 yd)

eliteammunition.com/ammunition.html#!/T6B-Preorder/p/51287185/category=13357850

Five-seveN is insanely light, but it has plenty of sharp edges and rougher surfaces that'll eat through your clothing if you conceal it IWB. It is also quite bulky. I've carried mine, but not really one I'd prefer over a subcompact.

>$2 a round

Stop being poor

Attached: TA11E+RM07 GISELLE XPRODUCTS.jpg (3853x1251, 773K)

>Buying some dude's home made ammo

Are you doing some sort of high-risk security work where you will run the risk of having to shoot people wearing body armor, and cannot carry a rifle?

If so, great choice. In any other situation, pass.

>Not buying AP 5.7 because some dude makes it in small batches allowing better QC

Pros-
If someone does a drive by in their car, your ammo will pierce car doors with relative ease.

Cons-
>Expensive ammo
>Meme ammo that won't be carried by most places
>Ammo can't penetrate body armor
>Will penetrate through people and hit bystanders
>Proprietary mags will cost more
>Little after market support for 5/7
If you want a good compromise between velocity and stopping power, get a 10mm. If you want stopping power over velocity, get a .45acp. If you want capacity, but don't care about either velocity or stopping power, then 9mm tiny and weak is for you.

>LARPing so hard that you think you need AP pistol ammo
Just use a rifle faggot.

>not wanting AP ammo for every gun you own

Attached: 9x25 Dillon.jpg (2350x3426, 1.42M)

EA dude had his dogs shot the first time ATF came kool-aid man through his wall for making AP pistol ammo. If you want to LARP and pay $2 a round to fill one mag of your Five-seveN, go for it.

>worrying about commie gun grabbers
just shoot back

Attached: 1547757589524.jpg (359x478, 43K)

Bleh, I like my five-seven, I just don't buy the meme about soft armor penetration. If it makes you feel better to do it, go for it, just seems tryhard when I can just grab a bullpup rifle and do the same thing without paying a premium.

FN only makes good stuff so it's a good gun. It all depends if you can afford to plink and train with it. If you're too poor to afford it's proprietary ammo you won't train with it enough.

>mediocre at best caliber
>lots of capacity
>big AF
>light
>pretty reliable
>pretty accurate
>rear sight likes to move for some
>not a lot of choice in terms of good quality defensive ammo compared to mainstream calibers
Honestly not a lot of pros but if you want it that bad then go for it.
youtube.com/watch?v=1HPi3Yv47QA
youtube.com/watch?v=kh_WxeOAcxo
Support your >implications with proof.
I mean 9mm does fine against soft armor with proper ammo selection anyways.

>big plastic meme that feels like a toy
>only worth anything if you have the AP ammo and you aren't getting any of that any time soon
>kinda wonky manual safety
>fucking disgusting magazine disconnect
>last two that we have had at the gun store I work at had their front sights canted left and right by 15-20 degrees sent them back to factory GG FN
>FN just raised the dealer cost by approx 200 bucks to like $1239 so enjoy paying more for a new one today than you could have a week ago
>used to sell them new for $1150 and now we won't order another unless someone pays for it in full up front

people shit on HK for being overpriced, but FN is the worst build quality for cost IMO. get literally anything else as a first gun and pick up one used if you just can't get by without owning one.

Attached: atfgf.jpg (1684x1191, 201K)

It's a great gun (five-seven & ps90) for what it was designed for, defense for someone who doesn't shoot all that often. Light recoil and a bunch of bullets (30 & 50).

>Can't even get the good ammunition
Shut up idiot

>you aren't getting any of that any time soon
Wrong

gunbroker.com/item/796205849
Oh you're right you can still buy it, boy guess i was wrong

Unless you’re getting the really good ammo that only police/military get then there really isn’t much of a reason to get one aside from “i wan da gun frum raynboe sex seej”. That’s just from a practical standpoint though.

Real men now its the spleenter sell gun used by Guy Hunter

Pros none
Cons not a 10mm

If you're gonna get a meme round you might as well get one with some stopping powah