Is the Type 055 will ever be exported or it will be "China Only"?

Is the Type 055 will ever be exported or it will be "China Only"?
Shitposting aside this ship in particular seems pretty good so far.

Attached: file.png (980x551, 834K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qeggcw7othE
youtube.com/watch?v=PdPfAwJD0dk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_075_landing_helicopter_dock
janes.com/article/85828/russian-ministry-of-defence-to-order-13-more-su-57s-for-vks-in-2020
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

China only. None of the traditional customers for Chinese hardware can afford to field such a platform.

Wouldn't Pakistan be willing to buy some?
Since all their shenanigans with India.

Doesn't fit into existing PN ORBAT. PN is not going to venture into the Indian Sea launching LACMs at Indian targets while fending off Indian carrier strikes.
Look at what happened in 1999. If anything, PN needs more subs.

Something like a Type 055 is meant to face 1st rate opponents like the JASDF and the USN, not the poo-riers.

Always funny how despite having Nukes, Pakistan still significantly smaller than India in terms of military.

1989年6月4日天安门广场约会
Tienanmen square

oh look, the mark of the retard.

>Always funny how despite having Nukes, Pakistan still significantly smaller than India in terms of military.
Well, India has nukes too.
But that's beside the point. Pakistan has less than 200 million people. India has over a billion. Pakistan's GDP is 305 billion, India's is over 2 Trillion.
Pakistan spends around 10 billion on defense, India spends 56 billion.

I don't see why the reality surprised you.

I always thought Pakistan was on par with India in terms of military.

Nope. However, I would say the Pakistani military has a higher level of readiness and professionalism than the Indiana.

>Pakistani military has a higher level of readiness and professionalism than the Indiana.
So does the staff at any given Taco Bell, so...

Probably not, China always keeps their best stuff for themselves. Look at their tanks vs their VT series export tanks

China does export its Type 056 corvettes and Type 054A frigates though

Attached: BNS Shongram.jpg (752x423, 59K)

What would the Pakis use it for? Any war between Pakistan and India will be primarily a ground and air game. The naval war will be an afterthought. Pakistanis would be better off spamming Fletcher-class destroyers than pour all their money into a single fancy new ship that could easily be lost to a cheap leaky 30 year old Indian submarine resold by Israel who got it from Germany for free because it was a piece of shit.

Frankly, the Pakistan-India is one of those few conflict that could still be entirely decided by the quality/quantity of infantry and artillery given that the mountainous terrain is ill-suited to vehicles of any kind.

Attached: Pak-army-.jpg (3304x2286, 1.52M)

You mean completely destroyed by Indian aircraft carrier bought from Russia.

Probably not though; India would much rather send out a force of relatively effective and almost completely expendable subs to hunt down any Pakistani naval forces than risk one of their carriers. Their only carrier, in fact. They may use it as a staging platform for strikes on land targets if they gain control of the sea, but up until that point I very much doubt the vessel would even leave the dock.

That's not what those 8s mean and you know it.

read about what happened in 99. PN was in a very difficult position.

Whats the difference between the 054/056A to the 055?

Is that a fucking joke?

054 is a frigate, 056A is a corvette while 055 is a cruiser and thus is much heavier and far better armed.

>Hurr How dare you ask questions and want to know more

Kill yourself mutt

Export cost for the buyer would be beyond 2 billion $, no one has that kind of money for import of single items.

Pakistan at the moment is getting Type 054APs.

Attached: 2019010207.jpg (1024x613, 90K)

Attached: 1502820773452.jpg (2500x3836, 1.83M)

They're shitting out those like hotcakes.

Attached: file.png (845x674, 95K)

Pakistan has almost zero need for a navy and could never compete with India, only with other neighbors. Submarines are about the only major ship that could do Pakistan any good. Raiding Indian supply lines would be great. Ballistic missile submarines are the other obvious benefit. All they need is a token navy for anti-piracy, keeping non-Indian neighbors in check, and policing their territorial waters.

Would a Submarine majority fleet be a good plan then? Like, just fill the waters with submarines and make the Indians shit themselves(pun intended).

You’re more than just retarded. You’re brain dead.

Mature and capable design. Type 054A is honestly the best (and probably the cheapest due to economy of scale) 4000 ton frigate being built today.

This and use land-based aviation to keep sea lanes clear.

I don't think either India or Pakistan present sufficient airpower to have an absolute advantage. India has twice the airpower, but more than twice the airspace. They also have to be constantly on guard from China and can't neglect that threat completely.

China would likely intervene as they see themselves as the regional power and would be harmed most by volatile region activity.

The production at 2 yards has been optimzed and I could believe that they have brought down the construction costs to a minimum through that.

Attached: 054A Flight II transiting the Kiel Kanal in Germany.jpg (1800x1205, 399K)

$2 billion for THAT?

Why doesn't Pakistan just build 30 aircraft carriers and nuke India?

Although it will be hard to make sales outside their own sphere of influence.

Well, China's customers are mainly North African, Arab and South American countries. So they are satisfied with their market.
And once in a while, some ASEAN countries buy Chinese corvettes as well.

I don't think Countries like Venezuela or Argentina would buy such ships.

Maybe they wouldnt need big ships like that, but smaller corvettes they could. Really depends on their situation.

OPV's are a good option for South American scenario, specially with chinks fishing boats fucking around the waters.

t. Hueland

It's cool how they managed to make a solid project and cheapen it out by making enough units.

Because unlike you, nation states are constrained by reality.

>He doesn't know that India ranks just above the USA in terms of true power
>He thinks that India won't btfo the USA in war
>He thinks that India is russian tier
Should have bought Chinese senpai.

Chinese fishing vessels go that far?

Argie OPV's already sinked one months ago and in the northeastern coast of Brazil some Chinese fisherman were flinging shit with BR fisherman.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qeggcw7othE

Oh god this video was horrible quality, this one is better.

youtube.com/watch?v=PdPfAwJD0dk

>True Power

Attached: uG5L8me_d.jpg (640x367, 22K)

So... this is the power of India.

Semi-related. Realistically, how many carriers is China gonna operate? I think 6-10 seems like a realistic number with less than half being supercarriers. Anything greater feels unrealistic or a waste of resources unless they want to play World Police and not just Sheriff of Asia.

Attached: 1547595049364.png (300x300, 125K)

I don't think more than 5 imo, they want to guarantee their place on the South China sea and secure their ship routes through Indic and Pacific oceans.

>two type 001/001A built (Kuznetsov-sized, at least one of these will remain training vessels)
>two type 002 under construction (small supercarriers)
>one type 003 under construction (medium to large supercarrier)
>one type 004 believed to be in planning (large supercarrier)
Each model is larger than the last. It's clear China is working toward regular milestones like with their space program. There's no more reported or rumored small carriers that will be constructed, it looks like they're going all-in on supercarriers. China will probably have 6-8 carriers in service in the next few decades but it could be more or less depending on how the Chinese economy looks.

Their economy's growth is declining and they're starting to feel the stinging effects of their demographics crisis. I doubt they're gonna pull a USSR and be wasteful and reckless with their military spending. Their fleet could decline in size to just three or four carriers if their economy demands it and as older carriers are retired. I don't think there's any point in speculation beyond 2050.

If China needs to keep their shipyards busy, they might make a carrier for Russia to finally replace the Kuznetsov. Of course, there's the question of Russian pride but they're pretty much incapable of producing domestic carriers. There's nobody else today at least who could/would want to buy carriers from China.

Keep in mind I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Attached: 1547227652377.jpg (676x581, 54K)

This thing makes me irrationally angry-would it really have been so difficult to bring the deck abaft the funnel up to continuous with the hangar roof?

>There's no more reported or rumored small carriers that will be constructed, it looks like they're going all-in on supercarriers
China is building a Mistral clone
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_075_landing_helicopter_dock

Attached: 18e2db96-145e-11e7-8424-32eaba91fe03_972x_173903.jpg (972x542, 67K)

I should have clarified that. I was referring to ships carrying fixed-wing aircraft. Amphibious assault ships don't technically count (but you could always modify them for VTOL like what Japan is doing now or the US Navy). China needs a fighter first.

Those Mistral clones will come by the dozens it seems.

Isn't Russia planning their own clones after France kept the two?

Do they have the Rubles though?
Didn't they burned everything on the Borei?

Well I remember Russia announcing it. They've also announced the Shtorm supercarrier but we all know that's never getting built. As long as the Russian economy remains in the gutter, only truly needed innovations like the new ICBMs, Borei, etc will be produced.

They're so poor they literally pulled the plug on their stealth fighter and claimed they never wanted it anyway.

Attached: 1546631050445.jpg (480x360, 18K)

They need to keep their nukedicks updated and the Borei is a pretty good deterrent.

>they're so poor they literally pulled the plug on their stealth fighter and claimed they never wanted it anyway.

Didn't they just signed for another batch(12) though?

Isn't that still a massive downgrade from the original plan? Granted the F-35 is way behind schedule too and orders have been cancelled or reduced but nowhere near that extent.

Well it haven't been signed yet, only in 2020.

janes.com/article/85828/russian-ministry-of-defence-to-order-13-more-su-57s-for-vks-in-2020

I still think they're going to order and finish the project, but they won't be making the hundreds like the original plan. My guess is that they're just gonna sign a new batch for every 2 years.

It's pretty sad because I actually really enjoy Russian designs. At the very least, they're almost always good to look at, and some are very well made.

I think they could survive and be able to dickwave over Europe with 3 or 4 batches.

Russia could just buy Chinese, aesthetically Chinese designs are better looking and are more well made.

Russian aesthetic is superior. Chinese is weird and plain. Russia should probably throw in the towel and start buying more Chinese stuff though.

It is the biggest threat to the world, you cannot dispute this.
When ww3 ends with us as the Victor, it will become law.

>Mistral clone
So you realize the Mistrals full load displacement is like 21,000 tons, right? This thing is TWICE the size.

I don’t know, too much cold war look with some of the Russian stuff.

doubt it. probably 500mil friendship price with no ToT, but a ship like that takes a lot to run, and not just in monetary terms.

that's a big ship

based
also checked

Being able to throw bodies at the enemy and shit in the open is not the mark of "true power" poo-in-loo

Chang isn't even this bad when it comes to being blinded by national pride.

>Type 054A is honestly the best

By what criteria?

Cost and capability.

dubs of damage control against trips of trolling

No he's just not autistic as you are, no one's born with knowledge on Chinese naval assets

so he decided to ask a fairly banal question when he could have just fucking googled the difference.
He's not just retarded. He's lazy.

what damage was there to control?

How many kinds of 4000 ton frigate are even being built?

>not recognizing a thinly veiled bump in the form of a dumb question

While the west is too scared to shit out in the open, mighty India shits in the street, in the open. If you're too pussy to shit in front of others, you're too pussy to win war.

India: the next generation of super (SHIT) power.