>inexpensive
>available everywhere
>long lasting
>prevents rust
>lubricates
>odorless
>no dyes that can stain clothing.
>usable at all temperatures

Attached: mineral oil.jpg (2200x2200, 439K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_oil
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes it is. Don't forget to wash with boiling water first. Don't fall into the gun cleaning trap

Anything else is just snake oil with a 10000% mark-up.

i use it all the time

>wash with boiling water first
I don't know what you're talking about.
>Don't fall into the gun cleaning trap
Oil is a lubricant, not a solvent. To clean your guns, you need solvents like ethanol, kerosene, ammonium hydroxide, ethylene glycol monobutyl ether, etc.

All you have to do is poir boiling water down your barrle and on your action. Even if you are shooting nasty lead .22lr this is all you need to do. No fucking CLP or RemOil or ballistol bullshit is needed.

I have hard water. I don't want to leave hard water stains on my guns. There's also the risk of rust if the water doesn't evaporate fast enough, which is pretty likely considering I live in a humid climate.

*blocks your path*

Attached: 3in1.jpg (1000x1000, 53K)

That stuff works, but it stinks. I'd rather use an odorless oil.

I prefer to use the very best.

Attached: whale oil.jpg (1200x1132, 242K)

It's also great for lubing up your bolt handle before massaging your prostate with it

wait, can you still buy whale oil?

Smells like your sister's cunt tho.

only reason why I got a water cooker... toothbrush, cheapest dish soap and boiling water. then blow dry. then wd40 and mineral oil.

Attached: Braun-WK-6001-300x300.jpg (300x300, 17K)

You just wipe it down with a shamwow or a shirt and apply your mineral oil. But by all means do what works best for you.

t. Jap
>dish soap
That stuff has salt in it. Enjoy your rust.

This guy knows.

Turns gummy over time.

>That stuff has salt in it.

maybe they do but not mine that comes in a gallon bottle. I'm talking industrial bulk trash, not palmolive sissy hand safe stuff for housewives.

hot water is how you remove the rest and restore the bluing to an old rifle. never take sandpaper or a dremel to it.

the best oil is rape seed oil

Synthetic sperm whale oil can't buy any real new stuff anymore

Attached: 81wnEo4V0IL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (518x1500, 94K)

Based and clearpilled. Its also completely harmless unlike NUMEROUS gun cleaning/lubricating products. They literally had to change the hoppe's #9 recipe because of how cancerous it was. Mineral oil truly is the best general use lubricant outside of extremely low temperatures and situations where grease is necessitated.
>Oil is a lubricant, not a solvent.
Oil is actually a solvent. Just not as strong of one as many other chemicals.
>unironically using some compromise CLP product of any kind for anything outside of cleaning
Opinion discarded.

just put it in the dishwasher, avoid the mineral oil jews

I rinse under hot water and soak in WD40. Then I let it drip-dry and apply bar and chain oil to the contact surfaces. It seems to be working.

based and redpilled.

>i dont know what rust is: the post

Alright for jacking too

Automatic Transmission Fluid is best lubricant.
>inb4 grease fag shows up with his abrasively worn guns

Fine best AVAILABLE lubricant.

Let's talk about linseed oil.

Fine: sucks
/talk

Anybody know if rapeseed is any good?

Freezes at low temp. Big deal for me cos I'm a leaf and it's often so cold my guns sieze. Especially my ar, God damn. I though c8 bcg and upper was supposed to be resistant to siezing but nope. Running it completely dry at around -25+windchill bitch siezed.

There's also argument about organic oils not dissolving fouling and such, nut Idk how relevant thay really is. Really I've found most oils to work fine, and it mostly being about environment. I've used valve oil from instruments on guns and works fine but it rubs off too quickly.

Good until it gets cold. Rapeseed was used as industrial lubricant through the 60s so it is an excellent lubricant until it starts freezing.

>not regularly drinking tea

>Not using the only gun oil god has intended

Attached: 111.png (360x600, 117K)

You really can't buy whale oil anymore--fresh whale oil, anyhow. Alternatives, however, do exist: read in a couple places that jojoba oil has the exact same properties as sperm whale oil. Best you can find in person would probably be at Trader Joe's at 4oz for $8 dollary doos. Otherwise it's available to purchase online in larger bulk sizes.

Attached: 1448688518871.gif (400x240, 1.99M)

You can but it's controlled and you need to prove genuine need to import it, eg medical research.

I'm really interested to know what lubricant you found works for you at low temps.

binds your everything
that's the penetrating oil being broken down by the cleaning solvents

Attached: 7670116.png (700x700, 211K)

kerosene as solvent. I personally use green flavor motul synthetic to wipe down my guns

I just put hoppes bore cleaner on a brush to break up carbon then clean it out with a shop towel. Cover the outside in pic related and grease the inside.

Is this not a good idea? Should I invest in sweets 762 or something?

Attached: br1003-lg.jpg (1000x1000, 80K)

Texas btw so I have no fears of low temperature performance.

>Drying oil as a lubricant.
ISHYGDDT
ATF has detergents in it.
Synthetic motor oil is better than ATF.

Not him, but I run my guns dry in the winter.

Jojoba tends to solidify in low temperatures and it's not a greasy kind of solid. It's like solid perfume when it solidifies, looks bad. Unless you are mag dumping to keep it warm and liquid. It could be because all the jojoba I got is cosmetic and it may have additives or something. Sperm oil kept lubricant properties even when waxy.

Personally still atf. All organic stuff starts solidifying or decaying too soon, most synthetic stuff don't perform any better and often worst. Engine oil needs to be really light at low temp like diesel oils. It's neat how much lubricant effects performance. Too bad I've found nothing that stops my ar jamming below -30 except mag dumping to keep the temperature up. Atf stays on my carry gun for months, no matter how much it rubs and it stays liquid and fluid in lowest temp.

Synthetic oils also have detergents in them. Why do you think detergents are bad? They specifically prevent the sludge conventional oil created.

Some guns you shouldn't run dry ever unless you want wear. Like svts and auto5s.

>water cooker
you mean "kettle"

Attached: 1507404744694s.jpg (125x118, 2K)

atf has far fewer detergents than motor oil.
you should go to Bob's the oil guy forum for more info.

atf is great for light lube and stays clean attracting very little dust or particles. I actually use it as chain lube on my motorcycle.

my gun gets ballistol or fluid film

It turns gummy by itself, even in pristine environments.

I've had people recommend me pic related ads a gun oil
Is it good or no?

Attached: MobilSynthetic.jpg (450x450, 38K)

15w-40 would be ideal

WD-40 is a degreaser, not a lubricant. It was sold as lube in an advertising campaign that meme'd it's way into common misconception. GT-85 is the lubricant variation, which I'd highly recommend.

Attached: ohyou2.jpg (605x532, 81K)

Wait
We did they develope synthetic whales?
I knew they were trying to clone a mammoth but ...

Attached: hot.png (517x214, 261K)

I heard 50w is the oil to use.

The good thing about this is if you lubricate your gun by hand instead off using a towel, you can masturbate afterwards and the particles and the smell of the gun makes it feel as if it used its juices as lubricant.

Attached: 1536753116854.jpg (833x925, 97K)

That shit smells disgusting and it toxic. You’re a fucking retard.

WD-40®MULTI-USE PRODUCT: THE ORIGINAL

You can't beat the Original. Known as The Can with Thousands of Uses,WD-40®Multi-Use Product is the versatile penetrating oil and favorite that gets the job done right. Our multi-purpose formula helpsfree sticky mechanisms,loosens up rusted bolts,displaces water and moisture,lubricates hinges, andprotects tools and metal parts from rust and corrosion. Count onWD-40®Multi-Use Product to help you live life hands on.

That's just not true. People have containers of that shit that are over 50 years old. It's not gummed up.

This guy

>I actually use it as chain lube on my motorcycle
Wouldn't it just fling off almost immediately? Is it really viscous?

>consumed Hoppes when some spilled in my whiskey

Attached: 1547991234126.jpg (800x435, 78K)

Use something lighter in the winter if it gets cold. The smaller the number preceding w the lighter the oil in winter (cold cranking) conditions. So 10w behaves as a sae 10 at cold cranking conditions, while at operation temp (upto 100c) it behaves within sae 40. Google sae viscosity for more information.

Tldr it's fine. But if you live somewhere cold try 0w or lighter. And don't get it on wood and sensitive things. I recommend atf. Btw atf is at its core mineral oil with just a ton of great additives.

Why do you recommend a heavier oil? Personally I've found as far as lubricant goes, motor and gear oil don't make a difference in warm weather. In cold heavy oils suck and as far as fouling goes heavy oils suck. I've tried a lot of fluids as oil, because I'm a mechanic and have a million fluids. Gonna try assembly fluid next.

It is a lube. Just not a very good one.

On a related note, a soft well lubed buffing wheel is the best nut you'll ever have.

I'm not that guy but. Atf has good dynamic viscosity at low temp. It has very good stiction.

Wait, how would you know?

oof, I have a bottle of the old #9 that we still use, do I get cancer now?

Penetration of gaps in cartridges and ruins primers. I use PTFE oils for trigger and actions, high temp synth grease for pistons. Rem oil for field lube of bore sneks.

Okay, so what, that's supposed to be a bad thing?

Attached: oedr8zyzk1b21.jpg (758x767, 80K)

>10w behaves as a sae 10 at cold cranking conditions, while at operation temp (upto 100c) it behaves within sae 40.
I think you have that backward. Oil becomes less viscous as it heats up, not more.

Attached: rapeseeoil.jpg (400x620, 86K)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_oil
>"with, e.g. "SAE 15W-30", a product that acts like an SAE 15 at cold temperatures (15W for winter) and like an SAE 30 at 100°C."