PSA MP5 UPDATE

Who here /hype/?

Attached: 0C6C7CAC-DC74-4D3C-BE91-EC00A0C631E6.jpg (750x1098, 460K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6xpfeI8CTP4
youtube.com/watch?v=igDt9HI5HBg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why is it taking so long? Are they just having to tool up and set up lines? It seems like the MP5 is a tried-and true design that doesn't need any fiddling with if that's what happening.

is reverse stretch?

that handguard looks like shit.

Fuck the gun, sell that fucking brace!

>t. Zenith owner

Hype Hype Hype Hype Hype

Attached: 1487182974269.jpg (779x708, 75K)

Delayed blowback design which almost certainly requires heat treating to the standards of German autism to get working right
>doesn't take a lot of fiddling and tooling up

Underestimating just how much autism has to be put into metallurgy and heat treating is how you wind up with shit like US-made AKs.
>when slav peasants can achieve in the 1950s and 60s what American factories still can't in the late 2010s.

I don't have any faith in them after they butchered a simple blowback 9mm AK.
I agree with though gib brace so I can slap that shit on a Zenith or PTR

They've literally been for sale from Atlantic for 7 months. What are you talking about hype?

>he confused PSA with PTR

Thats a big yikes, over.

I'll just save up for a PTR 9CT. Looks to be the best value right now for the MP5 itch. Plus you can drop an auto sear pack in it right out of the box.

Yeah because I'm sure you are looking to get a registered sear in the near future with all that "value" you got on a PTR MP5.

Guessing they don’t want their first run at this to end in Century Arms tier failure

Attached: 61A3F12F-60CD-49C1-9DCD-9C3FE2D00FC6.jpg (1049x1200, 218K)

As much as I like and want to support PTR, they need an option to get rid of that rail and handguard as a GI model of sorts, like the PTR 91.

Their GF3 is g2g with testers at 4k round count and no spacing or deforming issues

You can buy an MP5 auto trigger group at a gun show.

This is Hilarious

Yeah, but you are not going to drop it in a PTR gun without modifying the trigger pack to fit the shelf. Much easier to buy a POF or Zenith gun, grind down the small shelf tab and auto carrier block, and buy a FA carrier and trigger pack.

Just sell us the fucking brace already

Just finished cutting an interview with PSA on my YouTube channel. I'm compiling it right now, then I'll upload with potato hotel WiFi.

YouTube.com/burstreview

Should be up in like 10 min. Sorry for the lighting, PSA had their own light rig and it was all sorts of fucked.

Did they hire a blind person to design the handguard?

Did PSA say anything about the brace?

Talk to Magpul, its their handguard.

Worse

>gook wife
>looks like an onions boy
Should have known you were from Jow Forums

>Palmetto Shit Armory
Yeah. No.

yo you're cool dude keep up the vids

post pics of yourself then buddy

Did that KAC suppressor increase bolt velocity a lot?

Yes

thanks onions man

If you're really burst review then good shit being quick on the shot show footage. I noticed you had the majority of the videos and interviews early on, and your channel's p gud too.

Attached: 1545056313414.jpg (500x375, 52K)

I need to get better lighting equipment, but I'm a full-time writer (That's what's oays the bills), so it's tough to justify the cost

Also, sorry for the delayed response. Apparently someone got V& for shit-posting from this hotel's wifi, so I have to be a filthy phone poster.

lol, stay classy Jow Forums

No, and I did ask about it.

One good piece of info, is that they fired the last PR rep. He was so full of shit, his eyes were brown.

The new lady seems much more willing to work with media, and be more transparent with the companies issues.

np pham
Your over excitement on the AR180 video is kinda weird man, the "oh wow" made me cringe. You gonna go check out the Arex Delta?

I don't understand how this brace adapter could make shot show for like 2 or 3 years and still not be on the market. It's fucking plastic on some metal rods.

>Zenith
Are they as easy to convert to giggle as I think? Not that I would EVER do that.

That's fair, I own 3 AR180s and I'm a big fan of the platform.

I will now, I'm just wondering around the show looking for neat stuff or under reported releases.

Two of my buddies from TFB just mentioned that some company is releasing CETME L carbines, and I'm not talking about HMG. I might hit that tomorrow.

Yes. Gonna cost you ~$400 more for the auto BCG though unless you weld up the semi to trip the sear.

See:

Where the fuck is the PSA video already?

Well shit, never mind then, it just seemed forced. Sweet man, have fun out there. Just wanted someone else's opinion on the pistol.

Upload, waiting for wife to finish tagging.

ETA~ 5mins?

Attached: IMG_20190122_092610.jpg (3200x2400, 1.93M)

reeeeeeeee

ETS mags are cancer

youtube.com/watch?v=6xpfeI8CTP4

Fact. But I do like that IO recognizes that they can't build guns,so they just had other companies do it for them.

why should i buy this

late 2019? WHAT THE FUCK

It's not that US manufacturers can't do it, it's that no one wants to pony up the costs of tooling - something the ex combloc factories paid off decades ago

made by magpul. mapgul lower also. interesting

my friend preordered that. malcomar

can someone redpill me on Ar-180s?

*SIPPPP*
Now Magpul, that's a quality brand!

Attached: 1544888538316.png (397x575, 122K)

Stamped piston gun that was designed to be easily manufactured by countries that lacked the technical prowess to build the M16.

Original ones used proprietary mags, later"b" model used STANAG but had a crappy polymer lower. I replaced the lower on my b model with an aluminum one made by Nodao Spud. (Upper is registered part on actual 180s, but on the new Brownells model, the lower is the serialized portion.

>Working with MagPul

Oh dear

the gas system is copied in a lot of modern day rifles. the ar180 itself was meant to be an easy to manufacture alternative to the armalite 15 design.
its a neat gun, kind of flimsy due to its stamped components.

Attached: ar180.jpg (2500x1875, 2.94M)

neat, thanks for the info

It's an SB tactical brace, one of LGS friends has had one for years on his SP5K. Might be a prototype one though, because one of the owners of SB frequents our LGS.

I always had a suspicion you were a Jow Forumsommando, keep up the good work, love your vids

OOOOOOOOOH MAGPUL

Attached: onions.jpg (644x800, 71K)

What's wrong with magpul?

Attached: 1536197244485.gif (265x265, 151K)

This whole thread and nobody mentions the price? How cheap is this thing gonna be? If it’s sub-$700 I’ll get two

Attached: 0989E68C-51DD-479D-94C0-241DB9C2889B.png (700x698, 673K)

There is an auto bolt block.

Just get an american clone with no bolt block. That way when you're done you can just dispose of the trigger pack rather than the whole gun.

Either way, other guy is retarded, auto bolt carriers are only 150.

Than/k/s, senpai. Represent.

Attached: 8D3AFB76-1C66-419F-BAFB-2097DC2F0A8B.png (750x1334, 1.12M)

>"registered"

Good shit man been subbed and didn't even know you browsed.

Do we know what the estimated price will be? also just subbed. looks like good content. I'll watch after work tonight

Attached: 1543871989001.png (334x513, 253K)

>when slav peasants can achieve in the 1950s and 60s what American factories still can't in the late 2010s.
More like commie dictators can force people into labor

I've seen they want to shoot for 1,000-1,250, but nothing is in stone yet

Will they be as good as the Zeniths, I missed the train on those when they were cheaper

Attached: 54532.png (718x710, 254K)

I'm more excited about them fixing the goddamn AKV desu

I don't even care. They showed it at shotshow a year ago and never delivered anything. I can't see this year being any different. Fuck PSA

so many better options at that price point

Look up KES mp5k brace

new mp5 brace
youtube.com/watch?v=igDt9HI5HBg

Isn't that the mp5k, not an mp5?
>t. New to H&K

Wait is there a new AR 180 being made?

A new upper for an AR-15, its neat if nothing else. I'd love a classic version tho.

yes. i mean, its great that theyre making mp5s at all but i dont understand the k models- whos asking for them? it seems like the fullsize are more desirable. even ptr is now making a k. maybe its just my own personal bias though

To those who think it will just be PSA trash, their company actually seems to strive to improve things once flaws are discovered. Their AKs are still meh because AKs are actually hard to do without expensive tooling.

I love that companies are making HK copies. They have arguably the best action and manual of arms of any small arms platform. I just want them to release parts separately though. I'd love to cannibalize their MP5 for parts to put on my .22lr MP5. I wonder if they'll be compatible...

>will poverty shit armory make guns comparable to licenced HK factories set up by HK engineers that have been producing roller delayed blowback guns for 50+ in large quantities for military's

take a second to think that over
>Their AKs are still meh because AKs are actually hard to do without expensive tooling.
because HK roller lock guns made by people in the US without any proper tooling or experience have turned out so much better
I

Damn I got my hopes up. Wish they'd make a full one

>dat pic

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 10K)

It's pretty obviously a tailhook, and while neither company has released an HK collapsing brace, there are plenty of tailhook conversions. Gearhead Works is supposed to be releasing their PDW brace about now, and I wouldn't be suprised if they release an official HK brace also/instead.

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS

just buy a standard hand-guard, or the original one
>pic related
and then sell the PTR rail to someone who wants it or do a straight swap.

Attached: MP5-94-HK53-Slimline-Forearm-German-2.jpg (450x301, 21K)

>sell the PTR rail
I'm talking about the optics rail, which is welded on.

I meant the PTR modular rail hand-guard
just ignore the welded rail, or break the welds for all I care.

Will a handguard swap and removing that muzzle device give me the proper classic aesthetic?

Attached: D081C91E-AAE1-4AFC-9C48-C143C6C82838.png (413x348, 120K)

No, the rear end is a different (lookup reverse stretch mp5) and that isn't a muzzle device, but the barrel itself. Buy a Zenith or wait for the PTR k model to come out.

Fuckkkkk man... Zenit it’s going to have to be, because PTR can fuck off with their welded top-rail.

It's just Jow Forums being contrarian as usual, nothing wrong with magpul really, it gets the job done but it's not really nice either.

Protip: Dont buy gen 1

I'll tell you what you'll definitely get when you put the hand guard on.

About 5 federal agents and a dead dog.

It's unwise to post personal info on Jow Forums.

Not the worst thing in the world to buy a Zenith. My full size Zenith MP5 has been great. About 1500 rounds through it so far and not even the slightest hint of a malfunction. Its also as accurate as I am. Have no problems shooting out a dime sized bullseye at 25 yards and has an under 5 lb trigger pull.

Fucking this. I don't know why people don't wait til they get all the kinks out. I guess we need suckers to test out shit for us before we buy

Whats the price going to be?

Yeah you'd think that but look at every US made AK

Thanks for being so helpful!