Tfw pilots are being replaced in favor of drones

>tfw pilots are being replaced in favor of drones
>tfw tanks are likely next
>tfw a good portion of ships will become automated as well
>tfw pretty soon the only job in the military you can go do is be an infantryman
I mean, we'll probably be running around in power armor by the time that happens, but still.

Attached: 1548389169655.jpg (735x760, 52K)

I am ready for our robot overlords.

Attached: Faro.png (1480x832, 1.2M)

Cool, another reason not to join the nigger filled ZOG US military. Thanks OP.

>Only job will be infantryman
Who will do maintenance on all these new fancy drones?

I don't care what anyone says, that game was fun as hell.

At first it will be military personal, but eventually it will be other drones as well.

Attached: __ace_combat_5_and_etc_drawn_by_mobius_suicideloli__sample-04c96036167cd39f3eac0c82f8c3aeea.jpg (850x411, 73K)

Why aren't takes more automated already anyway? I mean are loaders still a thing? It seems like that's something that would have been replaced my a machine already.

I guess I don't really know a whole lot about the operation of a tank but it just kind of seems like many of the jobs in it could be automated already.

Attached: 1501952165243.gif (250x261, 2.76M)

Who does the maintenance on those drones?

Drones

And those drones?

Drones

No real incentive to change what works "well enough"
We havent had a peer conflict in decades that would require us to upgrade those systems

Are those drones? Verify

Attached: 7D6EA61A-234E-4CA5-9D93-D9F0F8BD0BFF.jpg (1920x1080, 306K)

So, despite all the drones and automation that may be implemented in armed conflict, you will always need at least one human to make decisions and coordinate with command. So, taking this several steps ahead, we may end up fighting like SupCom. With one actual human making decisions, and the rest of the actual fighting done by semi-autonomous units.

Attached: ESLMGb1.png (1249x489, 822K)

>he doesn't want to be an engineer
Wtf Op
Manchild.

>tfw pilots are being replaced in favor of drones

>US manned combat aircraft
>1997

>US unmanned combat aircraft
>163

Datalinks can be jammed, potential for enemy takeover, and the generally shitty ability of current ai to drive a tank and be able to identify and Target stuff. As soon as ai can reliably operate in battlefield conditions you'll see automated tanks

They do maintenence on each other.

I'm not smart enough to be an engineer.

Attached: __original_drawn_by_hakuaki__sample-5fbd95c5527df49da764b67c58a622d2.jpg (850x521, 111K)

Well I don't mean fully automated. I get some of the challenges with that but I was just thinking it seems like the jobs of SOME of the tank crews could be automated at this point.

Combat engineer. Can you build boxes? Great you're in.

>>tfw pilots are being replaced in favor of drones

It's never going to be 100% drones.

More like you will have 4 drone planes per one human piloted two seater that guides and controls those drones from safe distance.

Oh, well that sounds fun. I thought you meant real engineers, the kind who have to take learn all that complicated calculus shit.

Attached: 1548434012069.jpg (1200x1921, 284K)

>>tfw pretty soon the only job in the military you can go do is be an infantryman

Attached: Keloid_Movie.gif (400x151, 1.88M)

>UEF
>Not glorious Cybran

Attached: Ivana_Dostya_small_1.jpg (237x300, 17K)

What's the downside to replacing a tank crew with an xbox controller?

Pretty sure most robots have trouble with bipedal movement.

That's just fancy bullshit to justify paying someone 100K+ who essential just plays make believe for a job. Who ever plays makebelieve the best and then is able to not sound like an idiot when presenting the idea, while up playing how feasible their design is wins.
My father took an awful amount of pride in designing cheap plastic lids and bottles that literally have no artistic value, are cheap, and are not original. It just means you get to play with expensive toys.