Impractical for the general public

What did they mean by this?

Attached: 7FE85149-80BE-4F1C-A65B-A3CE16E27DB5.png (1920x1080, 504K)

if its not a wrist snapper then idk

Basically even part time minimum wage slaves are too rich to justify a hipoint unless crimes are intended.

Expensive mags, a drought of accessories and holster options, expensive for what it is, and it's no longer in production anyways.
Or Capcom is full of slanty eyed gun grabbers, I don't know.

>Impractical
>for the general public

The general public needs a *light* *crisp* 2.3lb trigger with a *nice* *break* on a defensive handgun. The VP70 had a +15lb one.

Intended for use with a detachable stock, which is worthless for both oc and cc. Plus the whole selling point is its NFA, but idk if that counts since Raccoon city seems like its in a nfa free state, with all the full autos and DDs floating around.

The 20 pound trigger, garbage sights and retarded safety and mag release make it pretty impractical.

They meant it’s for niggers.

This guy will try to sell it to you.

Attached: easyandy.png (749x883, 1.15M)

>vp70
>gun with problems that make it impractical for general use
Most realistic RE2 description ever.

>24lbs staplegun trigger pull
>special cut rifling to let lots of pressure waste away, so the thing can operate as a glorified Hi-Point while still using 9mm Luger cartridges giving maybe .380ACP performance
>doesn't have the cut in the heel of the grip to let it use a stock, nor does it have the parts to let it actually interact with the burst mechanism in said stock
>fucking weird and stupid sights
The Vp70 has a cool 18rd magazine which is easy to load, and that's where it stops being cool. The M version can take the stock with the three round burst mechanism, which is sort of an interesting idea, and probably kind of fun to play with, but overall the Vp70 pistol is just not that great. It's not practical for the general public, nor very practical for anyone else.

>12 shot capacity
Was it this nerfed in the original game? Because that would basically completely waste away with its only notable advantage.

The regular civilian version can't take the stock, so you're stuck with a very shitty pistol.

I believe in RE2 remake, it's supposed to be the M variant and you can find the stock to give it a 3 round burst, they just fucked the model up.
It has the proper 18 round capacity in the original. In remake it starts with a nerfed 12, but you get an extension up to 24 early on. I imagine it's just for gameplay purposes, same reason Claire starts with a .38 Bodyguard instead of a Hi Power.

>H&K VP70M.
H&K's Hi-Point with a worse trigger.
I'll stick with Browning HP, thank you very much.

Game devs wanted to put some kind of sound bite with every gun description and pulled that outta thin air.

Well, they don't want to paint it as an absolute piece of shit I imagine.
It was presumably picked for the first game because "Hey, that looks kind of unusual and visually interesting, and hey, we can give it an optional upgrade for a stock and burst fire, that's novel!"

Leon could have just started with a Glock 17 and stuck to that, but that wouldn't be really that interesting.

Did you guys uses p Matilda or the preorder samurai edge?

Why would the game talk shit about your main weapon?

Fucking high point

Shooting someone with a stapler is typically not very practical.

>There are people who didn't use a stocked Red9
Absolutely disgusting

That was Resident Evil 4.

Oh wait, there was an RE2 remake recently, right? Totally forgot.

I would love to use the samuria edge that I pre-ordered except the download doesn't fucking work. Didn't get the original soundtrack or claire noir either.

Came out like 2 days ago. Supposed to be pretty good.

>RE2re
>'coon city with modern graphics and controls
>fuck yea
>play
>boomheadshot.gif
>zombie staggers back
>da fuck?!?
>x2
>fucker is still coming
>uninstall
THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT.

People have survived pretty traumatic shit. Let alone fucking zombies.

Attached: Phineas Gage railroad spike brain injury.jpg (378x282, 67K)

Attached: only9mm.gif (240x103, 1.59M)

VP70z, capacity of 18+1, trigger was like 12 pounds on a good day.
pile of shit.

t. father has one since 1981

Wait til you stick a grenade in their mouth and shoot it

>January
> release game of the year

The fucking madmen at Capcom

Shows confidence in your product, if anything.

>Be Capcom
> making an amazing reimagining of the series with resident evil 7
> follow it up with an amazing reimagining of the series with resident evil 2 remake

Can they swing their dicks any harder, lads?

You're both retarded.

Hoping for a real good RE3 remake too.
They wouldn't have to remake RE4 though, that game is perfect.

The instant success of this game pretty much guarantees an re3 remake, which would be amazing. I adore the RE engine. The lighting effects are the most groundbreaking since Thief

Oddly enough, the wii version of RE4 is the best.

>wii graphics
>wagglan aiming
No thx

The Wii version graphically eclipses all versions that aren't the heavily modded PC version (Because the PC port was fucking garbage when vanilla).
It also allows you to aim before entering shooting mode. Put the mouse cursor on the target, press the aim button and you're already pointing it at the guy's face. So much more ergonomic.
It also comes with all the bonus content the PS2 version had.

I love how Leon’s uniform gets fucked up like the Arkham games

>was this nerfed?
Yes, because in typically every shooter, no matter what the gun is, too many bullets is too OP.
Look at every game ever to put in a PPSH. They go through the trouble of modeling the drum mag, only to give it 20/72 rounds.

git gud?

I'm loving the game so far lads.
I remember playing this when it came out when i was like 8 and being scared shitless.
Glad to see they made a faithful remake

I don't really know about game engines or graphics or whatever but there's something they did with RE7 and RE2 remake that looks really creepy. I don't know how to put it but the human zombies in the remake somehow looked more human and less vidya fodder. This was less apparent in RE7 because all the humans were gimmicky bosses and all the grunts were straight up monsters. Was it the way they move?

>Post yfw

Attached: sad day.jpg (2048x1152, 100K)

Attached: 1522078344322.jpg (1067x653, 154K)

based potterfield
I'd rather have him as my grandpa than Hicuck45

Everyone hates it, but goddamn do I love it. More for me, losers!

Haha

Ha

Attached: RE2.jpg (1500x1000, 781K)

Attached: powerful 9mm.jpg (1280x712, 366K)

Attached: Neat.png (718x670, 748K)

They have to make a fighting game that isn't garbage before they can get back to CapGod status

Most of the zombies have somewhat unique facial features, outfits, and a high enough poly count to really make sure those qualities are distinct.
It helps that a lot of the zombies are also modeled after Capcom staff, giving it that extra hint of realism.
The graphics engine was also designed with facial scanning and realistic lighting in mind, so of course it does those things well.
Hell, there's a reason DMCV is using this engine as well.

Not gonna lie, that shit hurted.

Attached: IMG_20190124_101611.jpg (210x240, 11K)

His gunsmithing videos are way too easy to fall into

>playing on console
nigger what are you doing

playing on console

that is the opposite of maximum comfy my dude.

Meh. It's alright. I tend to buy console for the physical copy. I'll more than likely buy PC later on during a sale or something.

For what purpose?

Any gun that contains more than 5 rounds is impractical for the general public. You’re not going to war and you don’t need that many bullets in a clip just to defend yourself.

I had to fucking stop for a good minute to recover after the gunshop.

Attached: Crushing sound.png (1277x772, 1.44M)

It's the VP70.

Git fucking good, you dumb tripnigger

>Was it this nerfed in the original game? Because that would basically completely waste away with its only notable advantage.
It had more bullets in the original. Here I think they tried making the two starter weapons more similar.
Hello Claire

It's not wrong.

Post yfw when X GON' GIVE IT TO YA!

DMX got out of jail the same day the remake released.
STOP. DROP.

VP70 has a awful trigger pull and other issues since it was the first poly striker fired handgun ever

>shoot zambie in the head
>it does nothing
Trash game is fucking trash, even RE6 was fucking better.

your supposed to run dumb retard

Did you buy it from Steam directly or did you buy it online through a key seller or amazon? Those don't count as preoders, since you "get" them when the game releases.

>muh zombies are UNREALISTIC

Attached: 1381294215024.jpg (500x384, 16K)

You not playing a videogame correctly is not the videogame being bad.

I'm not going to spoonfeed a dumb trip-nigger on how to get past zombies. Imagine a fucking timeline where Darksyde Phill is better than you at a fucking videogame. How sad is that?

>tripfag/namefag
>"waaaaah the zombies can survive 9mm to the head!"
>"what do you mean game balance for a remake that was fixed camera and is now 3rd person with free aim?"

Zombies were made to be more durable to make it more like earlier RE games where zombies actually take a few bullets.

compatible with shoulder stock

>literally based off the VP70
>the VolksPistole 1970
>the people's pistol
>impractical for the """general public"""
I mean, it was never particularly popular due mainly to laws, but it was made as a cheap, reliable, every-mans nicer proto-hipoint. Also,
>12 round capacity
No, they had 18 round mags.

>Tripfag too retarded to play the game correctly
Color me fucking suprised

He's probably shooting them directly in the face and not the top of the head.

I "got" them and they downloaded but only one works. Xbox one.

Honestly none of the posts I've -ever- seen out of this mouthbreather have ever been worth reading, I'm probably going to filter him

Unless Capcom knows '19's going to be a shit year.

Attached: 15436332658921269660674.png (399x464, 237K)

RE4 hasn't aged well, however.

>full size 9mm
>only 12 rounds
My .45 holds that much.

Yes, as the '98 original's VP70 had a seventeen-round capacity, since Leon's scenario was considered "easy mode".

Not going to lie: Beating "Claire B" back in the day had to be one of the most satisfying achievements I've experienced - and, under 2.5 hours, to boot!

Leon's scenario is still easy mode compared to Claire, her guns are obsolute trash compared to what Leon gets besides the grenade launcher.
>Try to lightly shoot .45 acp pistol because if I shoot too fast she fans the fucking gun

Attached: 1548241991578.jpg (575x561, 120K)

>.45 acp pistol
>a Colt SAA which takes 9mm

Any chair in a barfight.

Naw DMCV is coming out and there's a few other unnamed projects in the works.

The colt SAA never came in 9mm, while its possible to modify a Colt SAA in 45 colt to shoot 45 acp.

Attached: saa.jpg (650x365, 19K)

>RE4 hasn't aged well, however.
WRONG!

Attached: GettyImages_1071955546.0.jpg (1200x800, 78K)

Visually, it hasn't.

It used the same pistol ammo as any other pistol in RE2 original.

Looks like they fixed it in the remake.

Hence why they released a new version with enhanced visuals and high res textures back in 2016.

Reminder to filter DoubleOughtBukkake

>full autos & dds everywhere
Isn't that because of the military intervention or something? Idk, it's been years since I played it.

It takes place in a police station in the middle of a massive outbreak of a mysterious viral infection.
I assume the RCPD armory was busted open for a while before Leon and Claire hit the scene.

Why is there not a single AR-15 or m16 in Resident evil 2?

>Resident Evil
>be either SWAT analog, Teir 1 operators, Mercenaries etc.
>have to constantly scavenge for bullets
It's a shame Operation Raccoon City was shit, because that game actually made you FEEL as if you were a heavily armed unit with ammo to use.
>get shot with a high bleed effect weapon
>yfw
Nobody here has even mentioned how NONE of the original names of the weapons are kept.

Attached: 1533940851337.png (248x278, 82K)

The RE3 cast took them.