IL AWB in the works

A message to any IL Jow Forums not in the know : your rights are under attack. Pritzker said he wanted it, and now it's on the floor. Grab anything you can while you can and urge your Reps to stall as long as possible.

Attached: INFRINGMENT.jpg (605x749, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=&SessionId=108&GA=101&DocTypeId=SB&DocNum=107&GAID=15&LegID=115114&SpecSess=&Session=
wsiltv.com/story/39849715/lawmakers-introduce-assault-weapons-ban
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What are they defining as assault weapons in that law?

Anything with a detachable Magazine (rimfire or centerfire; yes, 10/22's are now assault weapons)
Anything by name (in a list in the law)
any fixed mag with greater than 10 rounds
Anything threaded (can accept muzzle brake or compensator)
Pistol Grips
a bit more, Here's a link
ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=&SessionId=108&GA=101&DocTypeId=SB&DocNum=107&GAID=15&LegID=115114&SpecSess=&Session=

Attached: hk_416.jpg (814x1310, 139K)

This reads like a gungrabbers wish list

Realistically, how long do you think it'll take until Pritzker gets to sign this treason into law?

I just bought my first guns, AR-15 and AR-10 lower. Pritzker can get his commie ass fucked if this gets through.

Why bother listing by name if the detachable magazine ban effectively hits everything?

But dude, weed
lmao

Attached: BJ Pritzker.jpg (416x416, 18K)

It's the standard one feature test. Only real difference is that lack of a stock is now an evil feature.

>Anything with a detachable Magazine (rimfire or centerfire; yes, 10/22's are now assault weapons)
Are you incapable of fucking reading the link that you posted? This bill is the same one feature test that they've been pushing everywhere else. It isn't a copy of the new 0 feature test AWB that failed to pass in California last year. Lying and claiming that every new AWB proposed is just like the one that recently failed in California is only going to make it harder to fight the inevitable next AWB that is a copy of the recently failed 0 feature test version.

Because that user is talking out of his ass.

>standard one feature test
Is the magazine not one feature?

Then it's a two feature test.

I'll retract my statement, as I heard it from someone else.

It's not the rifle 10/22 that's banned now, but the 10/22 charger.
>(i) only a pistol grip without a stock attached;

Because that still means you can't have a featureless AR-15. I should've been more careful with how I worded the Detachable Mag requirements.

The earliest estimates I've seen is on his Desk by Tuesday, as that's when the House and Senate legislatures are supposed to meet.

A both house and senate majority means grabbers can mostly put what they want on it. I've seen some talk that "maybe" they'll tone it down to give south state democrats the ability to save face, but eh.

Attached: this_is_america_anime.jpg (1920x1080, 733K)

How anyone can trust a nigga that looks like that is beyond me.

Why don’t they just drop their stupid pretenses and come out and just ban all firearms? Christ, they make such a long song and dance about it, why not just be as blatant as possible?

Because if they did that, people might actually fight back against it. If they do it slowly, people will just roll over and accept it because it's never enough to start a fight over

>The earliest estimates I've seen is on his Desk by Tuesday, as that's when the House and Senate legislatures are supposed to meet.
Wait what the fuck? You're telling me its already passed both chambers of the general assembly but I'm only hearing about it now?
Does this take effect as soon ad he signs it?
Do I only have a couple days to buy an AR?

Also
>on his Desk by Tuesday
Source?

It depends mostly on how hard the opposition fights it. Again, Encourage your congressmen to stall as hard and as long as possible. Make force them to at least debate or change some of it.

It takes effect as soon as the law is signed, but you have 300 days to "register" any assault weapons you may have.

Southern/central Illinois, while it's dying, is not yet dead.
Please don't give up on us yet!

wsiltv.com/story/39849715/lawmakers-introduce-assault-weapons-ban
The last line says lawmakers are due back in Springfield on Tuesday. I'll look real quick for any government documentation confirming this.

Attached: guide_to_understandin_2nd_amendment.jpg (3012x1728, 709K)

>"Make force" them to at least debate or change some of it.

End me now

Attached: lain_angry_annoyed.jpg (500x357, 19K)

The only thing that makes me not completely panic at this is that a lot of counties have been saying they're going to be "gun sanctuaries" and basically just ignore this shit if it passes.

The Ruger Charger is a handgun, not a rifle. It has already been banned under previous AWBs because it has a magazine that inserts outside of the grip and that is considered to be an evil feature. This is nothing new.

Gun Sanctuaries are in a weird legal spot. I believe they don't have any legal standing, but the local PD's are pro-gun enough that they likely won't enforce anything, which just leaves State Troopers to pick up the slack.

Don't just watch for "your" rights to be barred, but for FFL's to be quickly prosecuted for "breaking the law"

I haven't been (purposefully) pushing the notion that this is a groundbreaking, Brand New™ Assault Weapons Ban with all sorts of extra bells and whistles; if I have accidentally, my mistake.

I'm trying to make this more of an Inform and Encourage post about what stupid shit Illinois is doing this time.

Attached: k_on_sparkling_determined_curious_mugi.gif (498x312, 551K)

>Street sweeper banned by name

Attached: apu apustus.png (498x403, 115K)

>cuckime
You deserve it.

Attached: 1529325083087.png (332x332, 148K)

>a fucking pin

I don't need to say anything else

How did this happen so fast, and how likely is it that the Dems are going to railroad this shit through Congress?

Illinois has, I believe, a supermajority of Democrats in both house and senate, as well as a democratic governor. They tried pushing through some lesser bills last year, which our RINO governor allowed some to slip passed. I'm assuming that's encouraged them to go further.

Also, it is very likely. The most we can hope for is some concessions so south state Democrats can save face to their constituents.

Attached: everything_is_fine_A-10.jpg (752x1063, 109K)

This is fucking terrible, fuck the voters in this state for buying into this blue wave bullshit. Pritzker is going to sink this state.

>specifically naming the SPAS12 as a banned firearm
Right, because everyone's running around shooting people with those

You can use NRA ILA dot org to send emails to your reps quickly and easily.

That's the Institute for Legislative Action.

Right, this shit is just dumb. I've been considering moving, but I actually like S-IL.

I'd recommend calling them instead. It's very easy to just not read an email, but someone actually has to talk to you if you call them.

Attached: spec_ops.png (1032x1153, 843K)

Wait, the part about barrel shrouds/things to keep you from burning your hand, does that include the stock on something like a 10/22? Because it kind of sounds like it would.

I don't believe so

(iii) a shroud attached to the barrel, or that partially or completely encircles the barrel, allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being burned, but excluding a slide that encloses the barrel;

I think it counts as part of the stock and it doesn't run the length of the barrel. Methinks some lawyering happens here.

Attached: nichijou_crowd_stare.png (1920x1080, 3.22M)