Worst army base?

Worst army base?

I'm gonna go ahead and say its Fort Polk

>swamp
>nothing to do
>even the mosquitos have STDs

Attached: Untitled.png (750x1334, 833K)

Schofield barracks. You are in paradise and still miserable.

No argument if strictly army, but Wainwright air station has my vote out of all the branches.
Not Fort Wainwright near Fairbanks. Wainwright the town. Go ahead and find that on a map and then realize 1)the size of the post and 2) the town that supports it.
In short, I hope you like skraelings and skraeling cuisine.

Yeah but aren't you guys on the beach?

Ft Irwin

>aka the dry fort polk
Vegas>new Orleans.

this hellhole , thanks fuck they stopped doing bootcamp there

Attached: chrome_2019-01-26_22-46-46.jpg (1607x864, 365K)

Ft.rapeme kansas

Polk is p. shitty, but at least it's just a few hours away from a whole lot of fun.

I'd say Sill is worse.

Dix
New Jersey

It's the army, so you work 12 hour days if you're lucky. Good luck going to the beach during a weekday. You are stuck on an island full of people who hate you that is 35 square miles. Once you get island fever, and you will, when you manage to get leave it's 1k minimum to go anywhere. That and it's always 80 degrees with 90% humidity, if it's not raining. Add on to that the high price of everything.

Hawaii may be a great place to visit, but fuck ever living there again.

Fort Sill

Absolute hellhole

Stories?

Ft Drum

Why does everyone hate on Norfolk so much?
>inb4 durrr dat not armee

I'm going there for basic, is it really that bad?

Spent 7 years (2 tours) at Ft Polk and I didn't mind it but I use to hunt squirrels by the land nav course in the mornings instead of PT.

I also did 5 years at Ft. Irwin which most people hate but that was my favorite assignment.

Way too hot in the summer time, combined with drought and wildfires.
Winters can be pretty bitterly cold, and there's usually one good-sized ice storm a year that paralyzes the area because Oklahoma is too stupid to plan ahead and have plows and line crews ready.
Best of all you're a part of fucking Lawton, the single worst city in the entire state.

I'm going in March so I feel like I'm mostly going to be missing the summer bullshit, and the worst of winter, but I'm from New Hampshire so I don't think Oklahoma winter will really compare.

Oklahoma is flat as fuck and windy. That wind gets going and it cuts right through just about any kind of cold weather clothing.

>obligatory waa its cold post
It's a division sized post with significant qol infrastructure. I guarantee the complaints you have about it can apply to virtually any large mil base.

Camp Shelby my dudes, sucks and if you get posted there your career is guaranteed to be done

Ft. Riley ain't that bad, Ft Leavenworth is worse.

Ft. Leonard Wood sucks ass even outside of TRADOC.

RIP Big Louie's

When i was there it was
>flat
>humid
>city doesnt have much to do
>barracks absolutely suck ass
>riddled with crime and niggers
Keep in mind i was at the hospital before i got sent to pendelton.
Norfolk isnt bad per say, its just it constantly gets compared to places like San Diego or Jacksonville FL, which are generally more fun

Anybody here been in Fort Lee? I was only there for 6 months for MOS school before going to my permanent duty station but I had a blast to be honest. My classmates and I went to King's Dominion during a 96.

t. Marine

I'm by Fort Campbell. Seems to be filled with white trash and niggers.

That's all army bases user... They only recruit the poor and stupid

Fort Pickett. If I ever get rich I’m buying and bulldozing that tick infested hellhole.

Not Army, but Nellis sucks ass

At least you're close to a lot of neat stuff. It's what, a three hour drive away from Zion?

>Nellis
Fucking Boomers.

>itt one contract fags just post their first duty station

Attached: 2011-06-09-Strip_131_Bitch_and_Moan_web.gif (700x355, 47K)

Ft hood. Laziest fucking leadership and civilians in the army

Ft. Stupid, 3ID is pants on head retarded

CONUS? FT Sill. Weather sucks regardless of season, leadership is fail, Lawton is one of the worst cities in the USA, 4 hour drive to DFW or 2 to OKC (civilization), FA fags setting the base on fire constantly or landing shells in the Walmart parking lot (this actually happened), most of the scenic parts of post closed access because aforementioned FA fags blowing them up, internets are shit, FORSCOM units have to deal with TRADOC shit, trainees in the PX constantly pissing you off with their cluelessness.

Also Irwin doesnt count because it's meant to suck.

OCONUS? Camp Hovey/Casey. If you've been there, you know why. Had to have been built over the mouth of hell cause that place is evil.

Attached: 1520718254840.jpg (410x227, 21K)

Ft Lee was fine, plus lots of dec Civil War history around.

Petersburg was pretty sketchy though

I was at Irwin for 2 years. It wasn’t that bad to be stationed at. We did some fun stuff as OpFor. Having to do a rotation there sucked for blue tho

Fort Vaux is pretty shitty.
>no water
>have to drink piss to survive
>constantly getting bombarded by atillery

The worlds highest recorded windspeed of 301 mph was recorded in Oklahoma, also it's not that flat, you want flat go to the coastal plains of Texas, if you climbed the tallest tree in the woods there you could see for miles

Top Kek

Never underestimate how fucking bad a place is till you get there. I mostly say that because of the climate. Then when you realize people live there year round you're gonna wonder how they don't lose their fucking minds over shit like that.
Yeah really nobody can talk shit about Fort Lee, it's got all sorts of take out food and used car lots all around the place, even some skeet ranges. I don't think you can really ask for more than that. Sometimes you'll see some cute Navy females around the PX area or something. I got a thing about not going for girls in my branch. I guess you see air force ones too but they wear a lot of makeup so it just kinds of blends in with the rest of their camouflage.

Couple of my buddies administered aid to a guy who was shot in the mall near there. ol boy died

cock of the marne, brother

3ID flipped a brand new JLTV litterally hours after getting it. Unbelievable.

Oh, they did it in the parking lot.

>3 hour drive
I thought it was a 3 week hike through a mountain pass? And only caravans can take you throught it

wouldn't being right on the beach be pretty comfy?

I didn't know civilians were in the army at all.

not when you're getting rocketed\mortared while doing bootcamp in the freezing winter while your tent leaks and you cant sleep for shit

Depends on your MOS if you are going to see them. But trust me when I say there are a metric fuckton and they all laugh at how little we get paid and I am envious of how little they work.

Lee is okay, although I prefer Eustis.

I would say Hunter Liggett is pretty shitty. It's just a sandy fuckhole in the middle of fucking nowhere.

now that's some real world training

fucking AF, complaining about being in LAS. VEGAS.

Meh Stew ain't too bad. Savannah is great and Tybee is too.

There is a guy complaining about hawaii above.

Fuck off the boomers are Based.

From the stories my muhreen grandfather told me: Camp LeJune.
>Radioactive particles in the water thanks to thousands of dead dogs used in nuke testing
>caused so much cancer diagnosises that the VA has an exception SPECIFICALLY for non-combat troops that served there before the 80's

My time there a few months back was characterized by some poor cycle's US Weapons training setting the base on fire. I'll post a picture of this when I get it off my phone.

FA are wonderful people

Attached: F7EBCE9C-64C6-4A35-A9CE-69EB1FBAFB7B.jpg (3264x2448, 1.06M)

>FA fags setting the base on fire constantly or landing shells in the Walmart parking lot
How the fuck? Both of the Walmarts in Lawton are in the opposite direction of the artillery range. Not questioning it happened, just astounded at the stupidity that could lead to it.

Anybody been stationed up at Lewis McChord? That’s where I’m headed in a couple months.

It's fine, gun laws just turned shitty. Avoid Quantico tactical, pop into foxhole, and enjoy the nice parts of Lakehood. Out on the peninsula is where the fun hiking and camping it. Slightly east past puyallup is the best scenery and shooting. Get a membership at the Marksman in Puyallup for free range fees cause .mil

Thanks for the info user.

If you're going to a line unit buy good cold weather gloves and socks. You'll likely spend a lot of time at Yakima.
With 1SFG and 2/75 on post there are some cool training opportunities. There's an air assault course available alone years during the summer too.

Just don't do stupid shit in public clubs, CID is watching. And don't get stabbed. Got dozens of safety briefs about idiot joes starting fights and getting stabbed at bars, usually over poon.

I know its not that flat, but I'm from right outside Portland, Or. Compared to that, Oklahoma is flat. Same with DFW, where I live now. When I was stationed at Stewart it was the same as coastal Texas. The highest point on post was 9 feet above sea level and it was artificial, the 9th hole of the golf course.

You can make it nice. Don’t do the things most people do.
What do you like to do in your off time?

While not the worst post, the surrounding town next to Ft. Steward was a total shithole. Hinesville GA. Backwards ass people stuck in a 1950's mentality. One shitty movie theater.
was very glad to leave.

I’m not .mil but I’d like to nominate Diego Garcia.

Never mind, I just now saw OP said Army bases.

The Army has more private contractors and civilians than it does soldiers. It'd be impossible to run operations just using soldiers. It's possible and I'm contradicting myself but it's not that feasible with the limits they have on soldiers, soldier duties, attrition rates. They're fucking awesome though to talk with. They know the ins and outs of stuff like nothing else, if you had a guy build a machine that was considered ingenious and he had no idea how to fix it if broke, they understand how it works and fixing it probably better than the guy that built it.
There is a suspicious lack of what a lot of people have told me about Army bases as the worse, and none of these are close to matching up with it. So you might still be in the running.