Negligent Discharges

Have you ever had a ND? How'd it happen?

Attached: tumblr_o683sso5FH1vpw0t0o1_500.jpg (480x640, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/p3kJ6SU3ycs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, because I follow the rules

Nope, only happens to retarded people I'm afraid.

Very first time I ever went shooting I was at a clay shooting range.
I shouted "PULL" and the autism kicked in and fired right then and there. Lucky that I was already pointed downrange and all that. I'm not sure if that counts as an ND but that was a long time ago and I haven't had one since.

Don’t get cocky

>Have you ever had a ND?
Yes.
>How'd it happen?
Negligence.

Attached: DjK2kTdWwAAGTqd.jpg-large.jpg (625x562, 42K)

No, I would be cocky if I said “Oh, I don’t need to follow the rules, because I always know if a gun is loaded”

That is a really fucking thin wrist

Attached: 1470525736097.png (351x351, 153K)

No. Only time I ever seen one was after I went to shoot a deer and the trigger was impossible to pull. Dad didnt believe me and took the gun from me and tried it. Sure enough the trigger wouldnt pull... until 5 min later when he was fucking with it still. Luckily he had it pointed to the ground and nothing bad happened but dad said that was enough for that day.

Yeah

>Be at range
>Get my (not so) trusty P83 out
>Make sure it's on safe
>Point gun down range
>Release slide
>It fucking goes off
>Turns out the fucking firing pin spring broke

Shit gave me a heart attack but I didnt hurt myself cause I'm not a retard.

Attached: 1545966_710395479073722_4631601580255427453_n.jpg (540x405, 71K)

>Fighting with gf over fan while cleaning pistol
>Chamber round.
>Pull trigger instead of pushing decocker.
>Guess I win.

I know that an ND with blank rounds in ranger school gets you a day 0 restart

Judging by the arm that blood is 90% edamame juice

Fpbp

That's an AD friend, not an ND. If it happened like you said it did, it wasn't negligence on your part.

Didn’t track my shots and fired the last round in my revolver while I was talking about how much I love the trigger pull to a friend. Luckily i followed the rules, gun was pointed down range and we both had our ears on as I was rambling. I see now why old timers like hickok fire until they hear a click.

That's not an ND. You weren't being negligent, that's just a malfunction in a controlled setting. No big deal.

>watching active self protection vids on YT
>some vids really freak me out
>damn I need to be able to draw fast to defend myself
>hundreds of dry fire draws
>get ready to leave
>load gun
>ok, one last time
>shoot my toilet
>extreme levels embarrassment

The day before I was watching a YT vid of a cop who ND’d and shot his finger off. I watched some of his other videos (polymer 80 vid) and the way he handled guns made me sick

Start to write a comment on vid: “no wonder you had a ND your gun handling is extremely careless and actually makes my stomach churn...”

>being smart is cocky
You're 100% a retarded boot thats gonna take a face full of rounds one day.

>shoot your own toilet
Hopefully just the tank lid, from personal experience (nothing firearms related) I've figured out that our porcelain thrones do not handle shock well.

I had a thicker seat it was up, I hit center mass, the hollopoint expanded and only broke the resovior from one side, turned the water off, cleaned up, bought a new toilet, mild tinnitis for the rest of the day.

trust me, everyone thinks it only happens to retards until it happens to you, probably the most embarassing thing you can experience, just always have it pointed in a safe direction

Thats an AD and also the exact same thing happened to me with a p64, what pieces of shit

No, because im super paranoid with guns. I dont leave them loaded. I double check when storing them away, cleaning, or leaving the range.

Thats not a ND.

>point gun at something that would be really bad if it got shot
>pull the trigger anyway

these people live among us

It happens more often than you think.

Attached: toilet_broke.png (1253x1197, 364K)

I've had a few, just like anyone would if they were around guns as often as I am.

I had just gotten a glock 19, had maybe 500 rounds through it. Brought my noguns friend to the range to show him how to shoot. Racked the slide, dropped the mag, holstered it, drew, pointed it over his shoulder, and pulled the trigger. His ears were ringing for weeks after that, never even touched a gun after that.

Second time I was a bit more experienced, had shot maybe 3000 rounds through my glock 19 and wanted a revolver because big iron. Got a 357 magnum but I wanted to practice quick reloading at home. I'd load up the cylinder, then drop all the cartridges out of the cylinder. Every once in a while I'd do some dry fire drills, trying out both the DA and SA trigger pulls. I loaded up 6 rounds when I realized the hammer was still cocked and I was pretty afraid of ND-ing so I figured I should lower the hammer before touching the gun anymore. Lowered it slowly, but my fingers were sweaty from loading it so much, hammer dropped onto a round and blew a hole through all the drywall in its way. I live in a 2 family house-thing and the gun was pointed towards their side so I had to repair all of my walls and theirs.

Third time I was super wary of ND-ing, always made sure to have my finger off the trigger unless I had just cleared the gun. By this point I had a 9mm hi-point carbine because I saw that columbine guy had one too. I had just finished a day at the range and was all done, so I did the normal cycling the bolt after dropping the magazine. I even cycled it twice. Forgot to pull the trigger until it was in the case and in my car though, so I pulled the trigger in the case, just because. Motherfucker shot a hole through my trunk because it didn't extract properly.

...continued

Fourth time I was super careful, like more careful than you can possibly be. I had just gotten an over/under shotgun because I saw it in some japanese movie and I was out innawoods, shooting at critters. It was all going pretty well until I saw a fucking bear, so I started briskly walking away, with my finger off the triggers of course. I was checking over my shoulder every few seconds to see if the bear was following, because if he was, I was gonna blow that fucker's head off. Luckily he wasn't, but I had to check one last time, and that's when I tripped. I don't even know what I tripped over because there was nothing on the ground but I tripped. Luckily, my finger wasn't on the trigger, but I dropped the shotgun and it somehow fell into a sapling. As I was pulling it up, a twig must have wrapped around the trigger and the fucker kicked back into my jaw. Gave me a nasty scar but I was on the right side of the gun.

Haven't ND'd outside of airsoft since then, but like any gun owner, I wouldn't be surprised if I ND'd a few more times before I turn 25. Everything is a learning experience, and if you're too afraid to handle a gun because it's "dangerous", you're never going to get anywhere. I probably have more experience with NDs than anyone I've ever gone shooting with, and I haven't even shot myself. You could call me an expert, but I think that's going a bit too far. I'd call myself an afficionado if anything.

Not today, bait

Not really an ND but I nearly killed a friendly platoon with an M203 once.

Attached: headphones doggo.gif (300x169, 1011K)

>Cleaning
>Chamber a round

Nigga what

I've been on here since probably 2012. I've seen probably, at a minimum 40-50 OH SHIT Jow Forums I HAD A ND threads, with follow-up pictures of the hole in the wall. It happens alot, mostly with new shooters that get cocky, but it can happen to older shooters easily that become complacent. Just always remember to clear correctly and don't ever say It won't happen to me, because it happens alot, and I personally know of older guys I've shot with my entire life that ended up having one after 30-40 years of shooting.

Prime ND suspects right here. Don't become cocky or complacent

retard detected

No, too fucking paranoid

>check chamber
>clear
>pull through trigger takeup to dryfire
>wait
>check chamber again
>clear
>rack slide 5 times to make sure
>then commence dry firing checking every few trigger pulls

Pretty based desu

Not Yet.

Only happend once

>be me, 18 at the time
>drunk and chilling with my cousin's now ex gf
>she would come stay at our house all the time because my mom let her mooch of us
>she wanted to see new 1911
>I get it out and show her
>I racked it before clearing mag
>telling her about it and next thing I know I shot a hole in the floor
>we both nearly hit the roof from jumping so hard
>we both sit in silence with our ears rigging
>"I'm probably about to go to jail"
>I dont
>my dumbass mother somehow didnt hear it while she was like 2 rooms over

thats my only ND incident.

Ive got a story about how I almost shot some dumbshit who was fucking around in the woods while me and my buddy were sighting in my AR and decided it would be a great idea to walk towards gunshots.

At least you didn’t get all shittershattered about it.

no
i respect my guns

Attached: 1521825153030.png (414x419, 273K)

No COCK was detected in his post.

However - your post was FUDD LIKE

Does this count?

Attached: 1543492678655.webm (426x240, 2.1M)

How does anyone with a basic understanding of any mechanical device ever do this?
I understood the concept when I was 7 and have literally never done it.

>I racked it before clearing mag
why the fuck didn't you rack it after dropping the mag

Attached: 1464916701796.png (480x492, 70K)

Attached: FmYjcHV.gif (218x228, 1024K)

Why didn't the RO stop him when he started to put his hand out

I'm genuinely curious as to what the fucking reasoning was here.

LOol

Nah that's some next level shit there. What the hell did he think was gonna happen.. That's retarded discharge or something.

Laser sight

he was trying to see if the laser was working by pointing it at his hand like a fucking retard

>pick up gun
>unless I intend to shoot it at something I remove magazine and check chamber
>even if I know for a fact it's unloaded
>every
>single
>time

No, it's really all about just not being a retard

Never. Gun owner for 15+ years. I probably own more guns than 3 average Kommandos out together.

If you pick up a firearm without having inspected for yourself if it is loaded - no matter the circumstances - then you deserve whatever your negligence brings you.

I even brass check after loading, and that's saved my add a few times after I short stroked.

Know your weapon. Know yourself, and you need not fear blowing a hole in your hand/foot/dog/neighbour/dick.

Am I missing something? When I take my guns out for cleaning, the first thing I do is drop the mag and rack to ensure clear. And if I've got them out to work on or just look at, I do the same.

Are there people who don't do this? Isn't in common sense?

edamames are good AF

How about you don't have a magazine or a bullet in your gun when you are not shooting it faggot

ha

I allowed a dumb girl to use my .22lr
I consider that negligent, on my part
Women are a meme.
>owns more than .01 guns
Impressive, Jow Forumsomrade.

No

Can't ND if you don't have any guns:)))))))))

Attached: 1516052784269.jpg (971x565, 141K)

No, and I routinely carry/clear the house with pistol and rifle to polka when I get shitfaced, all in Con 1. If you know your weapon, and know yourself, you'll never have that problem. Treat that bitch with respect when you jack a mag in. Every ND story is a prefaced with "something new" like a holster or a finger slip.

Weird thing is, I never listen to polka at any other times, it just sounds good at the time.

Attached: 1507236335861.png (477x851, 713K)

>tfw you work in a hospital and think every pic online of a hospital ER is YOUR hospital because they all use the same equipment

This

He was done cleaning and it's his carry gun

42, and never had an ND. I've been shooting since I was 12. I don't think anyone in my family has either.

Some how I locked the slide back on a 1911 without the hammer engaging the sear, I got a scare when I used the slide release the chamber a round. FUCK YOU RIA I HAD TO PAY TO PATCH THE ROOF!

>t. every person that eventually NDs

>I routinely carry/clear the house

Why are gun owners so retarded? The last time I heard about some one playing "clear the house" it was a couple and the husband ND'd into his wife's chest because they played with a unloaded shotgun so many times that they got complacent and didn't check if it was loaded before they started playing their retarded gun games.

I guess you are a retard then. Its not fucking hard to treat a loaded gun with the respect it deserves. It’s 3 SIMPLE rules to follow and you retards can’t even do that

Or maybe a lot of the people on here are stupid. A lot of the posts I see support this. Seriously, follow the god damn rules EVERY time and you will never have a ND

>Its not fucking hard to treat a loaded gun with the respect it deserves

This is the problem. Even smart people only treat the weapon with respect when they think it's loaded. Once unloaded it becomes just a hunk of metal and no amount of training can overcome the subconscious thought that it's safe to handle. Play with it a thousand times and eventually you're going to get it mixed up at least once if it's loaded or not.

Nope. Believe it or not, there are some of us on here that aren’t fucking dumb and ALWAYS check if our guns are clear/pointed at things we want to put holes in before pulling the trigger. It’s really fucking simple

That is literally all anyone has to do when picking up a gun. I don’t get why some people are saying it’s so hard. (trying to make themselves feel better)

It is common sense, it’s just that people are stupid and there is a lot of stupid here apparently...

This cannot happen the hammer is pushed down by the slide. The only way this is real is if you broke the sear or tried to FA your 1911. Liar.

>have convinced myself that an invisible gun leprechaun haunts my home
>the leprechaun wants me, my neighbors, or my drywall dead
>this leprechaun will load my guns behind my back if I am not careful
>need to check my gun every time when I take it out to ensure the leprechaun has not struck
>this battle will never stop

I told myself this the first day I bought a gun and I plan on operating with this self-induced insanity until the day I die.

what a simpleton reply

>polish piece of shit gun
Well, there's your problem jackass.

Attached: rco,long_t_shirt,mens,x1770,fafafa_ca443f4786,front-c,295,40,750,1000-bg,f8f8f8.u10.jpg (750x1000, 74K)

Week after week we have another thread where some retard brings NDs up like it's something that happens to everyone and it's no big deal.

Sorry, retard, it is a big deal. It only happens to fucking morons who don't obey the rules. If you follow the rules, a ND is literally impossible because you'll never treat any gun like it's unloaded or put your finger on the trigger and you'll always unload and verify before dry firing.

And it only takes one fuckup to change that. It's good that you're conscientious about it; just don't let that dull your sense of caution or make you feel invincible.

That was a good try, but we already had someone pretend to be a clinically retarded serial ND afficianado in the last thread.

I dont own glocks.

How about a 1911?
youtu.be/p3kJ6SU3ycs

>At meet
>No ammo allowed in the cabin, “no niggerdry allowed” rule
>Playing with my AR, trying buddy’s parts on it while drunk, empty window PMAG, all is good
>Nature calls, go piss off the deck
>Come back in, grab AR, continue farting with buddy’s variable scope, checking trigger pull-
>*pop*
>what
>WHAT
>Split second of what the fuck panic mode until I realize it was a blank and the cunts in the corner start laughing at me
>In a fit of salty rage and embarrassment, flip a tit, yell at everyone, reeeeeeee, pack my shit, etc
I got complacent due to the strict house rules over the days prior, I admit, but I was also pretty pissed that it could have been live, since whoever put it in the mag was drunk, and they all felt it was funny. So I don’t feel bad about raging on them.

Attached: 9299598B-C780-437F-B353-940C379295A6.jpg (453x439, 59K)

Not a ND if you followed the golden rules. Gun malfunctioned. You did nothing wrong.

Rule nr. 1
Never take your finger of the trigger, this may cost valuable time when you need to act fast
Rule nr. 2
always look directly down the barrel, this allows you to quickly assertain if there is a round loaded
Rule nr. 3
If you are unsure if the weapon is loaded, point it at the nearest cheap object and pull the trigger, if your weapon is loaded, you will hear a loud bang and the cheap object may sustain some damage
Rule nr. 4
It's only an ND if you admit it

for those who don't know, they were trying to figure out if the laser was on.

doing that with a loaded pistol is still grade-A retardation but at least not as retarded as the webm alone makes it seem

So much had to go wrong for that to happen! Who forgets to unload their gun? I never even leave my range lane with a round in the magazine. Next. Whi the fuck would actually point a gun at another person and pull the trigger? Even if they thought the gun was unloaded?

3x0 is still 0 and you median K/ommando

I am also on DIY all the time no idea how I missed this shit
Kek

One of my favorite was ole boy asking for help in make one a "beer mug"
Pic related

Attached: image.jpg (3024x2656, 1.84M)

looks like you fuck your body up on a regular basis from the tattoos.

Next time make sure to hit something vital so we dont have to deal with you.

Attached: ANTI20.jpg (600x400, 51K)

No because the fear of having a ND is constantly at the back of my mind to the point where I hesitate to dry fire inside and must double check every time.

Never. Owned my gun(s) for 6 years been shooting for 10. The closest thing I've ever had to an ND was shooting at the range and a weapon I was using had a much shorter trigger pull than I expected. That's more so surprising than negligent.

I used to clear house for like a year after I got back from the Stan.
Well more like 2-3 years after, kinda better now, I just clear if house has been empty for awhile

That's true.

While I'll admit that I did ND once when I was a kid, I have to say, guns are very safe to manage if you know what you're doing and how your firearm works.

I practice drawing with a loaded firearm almost always, I clear my house with loaded firearms every week, never got close to having a problem.

For that one ND I had, I was fingerfucking my dad .38 k-frame, I was pretty damn young and didn't have a lot of knowledge about guns, I thought I could just cock the hammer and lower it without a problem, and as I did it obviously fired because I still had my finger on the trigger, needless to say I knew a thing or two about guns, but didn't know about how they operated, the inside and outside of the gun, every moving piece.
I do know, no more problems

It's amazing how many times I see people doing this, while you can lower your hammer with your finger on the trigger if you do it slowly, it's just fucking dumb, it's the wrong way to do it, my dad's bed found about that the worst way possible, luckily I knew about safety rules, I broke one, but never the other.

I still have the bullet and casing from that, it was .38spl winchester silver tip.

Are we sure he didn't just kill her for cheating?

As that's more believable.

>shooting at a stray cat with a fucking .308

Attached: rapeface.jpg (600x295, 15K)