Help a brother out

Help me out Jow Forums having a final decision.

I have a budget of 1200 that would allow me to buy one of these, a couple of spare mags and some ammo.

Which one should I go for?

>G17 Gen 4 - Costs 780
>G17 Gen 5 - Costs 860
>G19x - Costs 890

The rest:

>1k rounds of 9x19 - Costs 250 for good quality rounds
>each mag costs 29

I'm thinking:

1. One Glock 17 Gen 5, 2 spare mags and 1k rounds = 1168
2. One Glock 17 Gen 4, 2 spare mags and 1k rounds = 1088
3. One Glock 19x, 1 spare mag and 1k rounds = 1169

What do you recommend? Some say the G19x is the best Glock ever made, but after thinking for a while I'm leaning towards the G17 Gen 5, a couple of spare mags and ammo.

Any advice from Glockfags?

Attached: Glocks.jpg (2800x800, 266K)

Karl said the 19 is superior to the 17 in every way. I trust everything he says

I'd suggest a Gen4 instead of Gen5, more aftermarket support at the moment. Also cheaper.

go hold all of em pick which one you like best. and shop around those prices are horrible unless your not in america.

Not in the US, that’s why we have these prices.

I once had a G19 Gen4, loved it, but ended up selling it. I shot better with a full sized handgun though.

Is the Gen5 not a massive improvement over the last generation?

BERETTA APX

Attached: lowBore2.jpg (900x718, 102K)

>Is the Gen5 not a massive improvement over the last generation?
no fingergrooves vs fingergrooves essentially. theres other selling points like better barrel better trigger etc but really the only thing the average person will notice is fingergrooves or not. thats a drastic change the others are like yeah its 10%better but if you hadnt pointed it out i wouldnt have noticed.

oh and ambi slide release on the gen5

That’s a nice improvement.

I like my Glock 19x for aesthetic reasons - commander style pistols.

Whatever you chose I'd argue against Gen 4 simply because of finger grooves. The gen 4 glock 17 finger grooves worked for me when just plinking at a static target. However when practicing draw strokes I've noticed sometimes I didn't put my fingers where they were supposed to be so the grooves would poke a bit on my fingers. With the gen 5 glock 17 or Glock 19x the lack of finger grooves meant all I felt were the stippling so I could just grip the gun and let the grip bite into my hand when drawing then firing.

some people like em. thats why i told the guy to hold it first. i wouldn't default towards a gen 5 just cause no grooves. he might prefer them since everyones hands are different.

Christ Jesus where do you live where a Glock costs $800?
Retail price on a Glock 17 gen 4 is around $500 here.
9mm ammo is $160 per 1k.

I assume you're in Canada. Wait until G48. It's only $660.

Is a Glock a good first weapon to buy?

Attached: G19_Gen4-107.png (739x490, 95K)

Jesus, bro, you can buy a brand new 19X for $650. go to any gun shop and offer $650 plus sales tax and they'll probably bite. if they don't, tell them that you know dealer cost is $523, and you're giving them a reasonable offer.

Why buy this block of shit when the P30, VP9, and PPQ exist?

its a solid safe choice like a honda civic. it may not be the best or most optimal but its most certainly good enough for anything a normal person wants a gun for.

.....Eric and chad is that that you

Attached: 66E57BB2-68E7-400B-B8D9-2E857A7126BF.png (500x432, 103K)

Were are you that they cost so much? Even here is New York a glock 19x is 540.
Anyway the glock 19 is better imo feels better and is slightly easier to conceal. I would choose a g26 for concealability however I’m not allowed a pistol permit here behind enemy lines

Yes, dont listen to fags who say "it is the honda civic". It has a world-class reputation for reliability, best in class weight, plentiful, cheap, quality mags, overwhelming aftermarket support, and really good recoil characteristics. They may not be flashy, but they deliver as much as any other pistol.
>t. owner of pretty much all widely known modern combat handguns.

Read the thread, not America.
>Not in the US, that’s why we have these prices.

>look mom, i posted it again

Attached: retard6.png (488x463, 28K)

Turn your trip on, Burt

buy the glock 45, best of both worlds

Replace "mags" with "tires" and "recoil" with "handling" and you just described a civic, dingus.

Tell me more, user.

Attached: 01ECB693-3D4E-4950-BFA2-768422DDAD94.jpg (679x710, 52K)

why not a used gen 3 19 or 17... more ammo with money saved?

glocks are garbo.

G19x is gay as fuck, don't buy it.
If you have big hands, buy a G17. Otherwise, buy a G19.
If you have the identical size of fingers as whatever Austrian designed the gen3-4 grip, go with gen4, otherwise go with gen5 because fuck fingergrooves that don't actually match your grip.

Is that gonna be your 1st pistol?

How do you like it? I’ve been eyeing it since I saw it

It has a better trigger than the VP9 and P30 (P30 is DA/SA, so much better in that case) and a push button mag release which is superior to the paddle shit unless you have short fingers (evidenced by the fact that Walther and HK are slowly starting to abandon it). Also glocks, ugly as they are, are more aesthetic than any of the guns you mentioned.